• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonMigs85

Why's there no Shimoneta thread
It ends this week! One of the more infamous but intelligent and well-paced anime of recent times.

blurr

Not as good as the Spider Troupe arc, but still pretty good. In terms of dealing with opponents that are far stronger than the protagonists, it really is Hunter x Hunter at its best,

Yes, the whole
bomber man vs gon, killua and bisky was so well executed

They had no idea what was coming but at the same time they knew what they were up against.

ibyea

Banned
Yes, the whole
bomber man vs gon, killua and bisky was so well executed

They had no idea what was coming but at the same time they knew what they were up against.

And unlike in many shonens, not once did I feel like they BS their way to victory.

blurr

The previous episodes in greed island were also very enjoyable for me, didn't think I'd be so entertained by a dodgeball match.

rrvv

l96jOQk.png

Are you guys ready for Aquarion VR?

Firemind

Wow, I've neglected Working!!! for the past like ten weeks because I thought there would be only dumb jokes I've already seen for the eighth time. Boy was I wrong! Progress is being made every episode! Excellent.

The manager can bugger off though. Bloody useless parasite.

Wow, I've neglected Working!!! for the past like ten weeks because I thought there would be only dumb jokes I've already seen for the eighth time. Boy was I wrong! Progress is being made every episode! Excellent.

The manager can bugger off though. Bloody useless parasite.

Did you catch up?

She's the main reason why Satou and Todoroki are together now

She's also the best character.

Baalzebup

He mostly got the rep for
surviving a fucking nuclear explosion (even though he actually didn't, he turned the reactor off before it overloaded) and not having a scratch on his SF the rest of the series.
Which is baffling to me cause he
survives an actual nuclear explosion (Rau's suit) at the end of Seed and nobody bats an eyelid.

At the latter, nope.
As shown later in Destiny, the reactor is below the cockpit, and Rau got stabbed to the cockpit (we see the beam inside there). The nuclear explosion depicted right after is Justice going boom, but not Providence. The remains of Providence get fried by the Genesis blast, as does Freedom, but the latter is moving away from it and does not take the epicenters super-beam to the face. It's not that much of a stretch to say that Freedom moved fast enough and had enough radiation shielding for Kira to survive the final shot from Genesis. Freedom's remaining fuselage is just a bit frizzled, not half-melted or anything.

I'm close to giving up GATE

first couple of episodes were great. then anime start playing this Rory scenes that is hard to take this anime seriously.

Makes sense for Japanese military to be advance, but even samurai sword. Can't the fantasy side have at least melee weapons?

What? Like really, what are you saying here? The latter paragraph makes no sense. What else do the folk on the other side of the gate have beside melee weapons (well yes, bows and the occacional mage, siege engines) but if you're talking about the gift that is given to the senator, it is literally just that. Some high-quality gifts, including an oriental sword made by some really great smith. Shit looks cool and yes, there are still a few really good swordsmiths active in Japan today. It's not like there is some super-ninja-samurai dude going about, slicing the empire soldiers to ribbons with a katana.

And Rory? She was introduced straight out as a demi-goddess in service of the god of death. It makes sense for her to be supernaturally capable. She is also pretty much the only 'really 1000 years old' loli character in fiction who actually has the personality and behavior to back that claim. In contrast to the other hijinks in the show, how is Rory the deal breaker?

Firemind

At ep 6 now. I'm slowly working my way down and savouring it. Just last episode I was clenching my fist. Finally! Payoff!

And, no, the manager is what kept them apart all this time.

Cornbread78

Why's there no Shimoneta thread
It ends this week! One of the more infamous but intelligent and well-paced anime of recent times.

The show came out of nowhere to be so much fun and nobody expected it, so no OT was made. Looks like there will be very few fall OT's as well, so we'll see you here, lol.

Actually, I Am Episode 11

MAYBE BEST GIRL WILL WIN THIS TIME

YOU GO, AIZAWA NAGISA

We have 2 episodes left. Too much to
wrap up the manga story without extreme constrictions or changing the winner.

I heard the anime adaptation has been all over the place in comparison to the manga. (Not always in a bad way either) The manga is also ongoing, so we were going to get an incomplete ending either way.

AIZAWA is not the best girl either, sorry, I'm going with the planned heroine with this one. No more "misunderstandings"

And HOLY SHIT at all those TGS game announcements I need money, like bad..

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well the Love Live committee got together to discuss how they could make Love Live even more like iDOLM@STER with their second attempt. The first guy to speak was fired after suggesting they could use traditional animation for the concert scenes rather than CGI. The second guy got a raise after pointing out iM@S' success is all down to Yukiho's manphobia.

And that's how the Sunshine concept was born.

Mobile Suit Gundam Movie 1

Holy shit.

And in a later scene the guy calls her, tells her that
her lover is dead
, watches her run out the room in tears, and then proceeds to smoke a cigar like nothing happened. Wow.

Sterok

Go Princess Precure 32

Now we're getting movie clips. Hard to tell if it's going to be good or not, especially since I misjudged the HaCha movie. Oh hey, a decent Minami episode. Where she still gets upstaged by Kirara, but it's an improvement. Exasperation to the obsessed is always amusing. Kirara is probably a worse influence on Minami than Haruka anyway. You can sort of tell the dude has been in England. I forgot, but Haruka and Minami really have a thing for each other. They're not even trying to hide it.

What? Like really, what are you saying here? The latter paragraph makes no sense. What else do the folk on the other side of the gate have beside melee weapons (well yes, bows and the occacional mage, siege engines) but if you're talking about the gift that is given to the senator, it is literally just that. Some high-quality gifts, including an oriental sword made by some really great smith. Shit looks cool and yes, there are still a few really good swordsmiths active in Japan today. It's not like there is some super-ninja-samurai dude going about, slicing the empire soldiers to ribbons with a katana.

And Rory? She was introduced straight out as a demi-goddess in service of the god of death. It makes sense for her to be supernaturally capable. She is also pretty much the only 'really 1000 years old' loli character in fiction who actually has the personality and behavior to back that claim. In contrast to the other hijinks in the show, how is Rory the deal breaker?
what got me into the anime was the political stuff, but Rory trying to get in on with Main Character. I get it. its Japan trying to cater to its demographic

Lupin the Third (1971) - Yawn. So now I've seen Part 1 of the original series, The Castle of Cagliostro, and the Detective Conan crossovers. I intend to check out the newer Fujiko Mine series and the 2015 Lupin to see if those are more my speed.

Fujiko Mine was alright. I don't recommend it however since there are better Lupin shows and movies out there. I'd check out The Mystery of Mamo and some of the TV specials before considering Fujiko Mine.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Working!!! 11
I can't stop smiling.
I've been waiting for this!
Looks like season 3 going to end with a bang.

Durarara 2nd 22

The plot thicken, with Masaomi rebuilding yellow scarves. Too bad Dotachin out of commission...

Shimoneta 11

In this episode, SOX and student council fight a dude with a stun gun attached to his dick. What a way to end this arc. This is hilarious on so many level.
Warning: there's nipple getting paper cut scene, so be prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom