• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seiyu's Life 11
Cute episode of them trying hard to promote their concert. Also a part about keeping healthy. They did Happy Material from Negima in the ED and it made me feel a bit nostalgic about when I watched Funimation channel

So staff-wise, what are supposed to be the best shows in Fall? Trying to see if there are any I missed.

Comet Lucifer is written by Yuuichi Nomura who wrote several episodes of Eureka Seven.

I mean yeah, the director is the guy who directed Infinte Stratos and the studio is 8 bit, so the mecha action probably won't be that great, but you never know.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yep. David Production also did episode 6 of Umaru and episode 9 of Snow White with the Red Hair this season.
I guess it makes sense that studios would need support studios from time to time. I wonder if they outsource the entire thing or if there's still some directoral control from the mothership.

Seiyu's Life 11
Cute episode of them trying hard to promote their concert. Also a part about keeping healthy. They did Happy Material from Negima in the ED and it made me feel a bit nostalgic about when I watched Funimation channel
I didn't expect them to bring in Animelo and for some reason I almost expected that they would sing at the event. But of course not. lol

Mailbox

Looking at the TGS news on Gematsu I saw the cover made by Huke for Steins;Gate 0 there:

Steins-Gate-0-Package-Illust_09-15-15.jpg

Looking good. This is also getting an anime adaptation apparently, so I thought it was worth sharing. This is a sequel to the original VN/anime.

yeah, the anime was know to be greenlit when the VN was announced (though we have heard jack about anything else regarding it.)

also: its more of a weird hybrid of sequel/prequel.

javac

I posted this previously but I've updated it since I missed a few things admittedly, sorry about that. New releases for 09/15/15.
Blu-ray
Full Metal Panic!: Complete Collection (Anime Classics) [Funimation]
Run Time: 600 min
Audio: English: Dolby TrueHD 5.1 / Japanese: Dolby TrueHD 2.0
Subtitles: English
Format: Seven-disc set (3 BDs (50GB), 4 DVDs)
Price:
BD/DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $25.99
NVxT9mSm.jpg

Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu: Complete Collection (Anime Classics) [Funimation]
Run Time: 300 min
Format: Four-disc set (2 BDs (50GB), 2 DVDs)
Price:
BD/DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $22.74
uWHVofhm.jpg

The Comic Artist & His Assistants: Complete Collection [Sentai]
Run Time: 205 min
Audio: Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
Format: One-disc set (1 BD)
Price:
BD @ Rightstuf.com: $32.49
DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $25.98
7mb7xZvm.jpg

Tsukimonogatari: Yotsugi Doll BD Set [Aniplex]
Run Time: 100 min
Audio: Japanese
Format: Two-disc set (2 BDs)
Price:
BD @ Rightstuf.com: $49.98
e4A4KUwm.jpg

IPoTJ7Vl.jpg

The Irregular at Magic Highschool: Volume 2 [Aniplex]
Run Time: 275 min
Audio: Japanese
Format: Three-disc set (3 BDs)
Price:
BD @ Rightstuf.com: $109.98
3xG8Oakm.jpg

UgBx9cUl.jpg

Fullmetal Alchemist: The Complete Series [Funimation]
Run Time: 1326 min
Format: Six-disc set (6 BDs (50GB))
Price:
Standard BD @ Rightstuf.com: $42.24
Limited BD @ Rightstuf.com: $84.49
Collector's Edition BD @ Rightstuf.com: $214.49
Standard:
gWvz3XAm.jpg

Limited:
fsSbc7Lm.jpg

Collector's:
JlFP1gvm.jpg

DVD
Peacemaker: Complete Collection (Anime Classics) [Funimation]
Run Time: 600 min
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 5.1 / Japanese: Dolby Digital 2.0
Format: Four-disc set (4 DVDs (DVD-9))
Price:
DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $19.49
ncU6Zmem.jpg

Infinite Ryvius 11

A breather party episode. Lucson is demoted to menial work and our mystery girl is hidden in plain sight as the party goes off without a hitch.
At least until the television broadcast says their terrorists.

yeah, the anime was know to be greenlit when the VN was announced (though we have heard jack about anything else regarding it.)

also: its more of a weird hybrid of sequel/prequel.

I am absolutely ecstatic about this. I loved Steins;Gate and the movie. We don't know if the game will make its way over here or not, and if it does, just how long will it take? If the quality of the anime adaptation is anything like the first one, I'm all in.

Mailbox

I am absolutely ecstatic about this. I loved Steins;Gate and the movie. We don't know if the game will make its way over here or not, and if it does, just how long will it take? If the quality of the anime adaptation is anything like the first one, I'm all in.

It coming here might take a couple of years probably, really it just depends on the sales of steins;gate here (since it just came out)

I'm actually really scared about this. We'll know in a fem months if its good or not, but I also really need to know who's behind the anime project. Going by the 30 sec TVCM on the steins;gate zero site, it seems like White Fox will do it so I hope everything goes well.

Its hard to keep my excitement in check though. Hopefully its a 2016 anime.

Edit:this is the vid i was referring to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih6lIaLL6s8

Infinite Ryvius 12

You almost had me there Ryvius. First 6 minutes made me think it was a recap episode. Having watched the whole episode I'd say it was 1/2 recap, 1/2 new info. The episode was alright. Mostly just setting up the direction the following episodes will take.

Looking at the TGS news on Gematsu I saw the cover made by Huke for Steins;Gate 0 there:

Steins-Gate-0-Package-Illust_09-15-15.jpg

Looking good. This is also getting an anime adaptation apparently, so I thought it was worth sharing. This is a sequel to the original VN/anime.

My understanding it's that it isn't a direct linear sequel to the timeline the anime/VN ends in. I've read it's an interquel of sorts where
the story takes place in one of the realities where he couldn't save Kurisu

So staff-wise, what are supposed to be the best shows in Fall? Trying to see if there are any I missed.

Osomatsu-san is the show that looks the most interesting staff-wise to me, Naoyuki Asano and Seiki Tamura in particular. Below that would come One Punch Man with Shingo Natsume and his crew of top-class animators. Noragami S2 and Haikyuu S2 have solid continuing staff. Concrete Revolutio, Garo, and Gundam have notable staff - Concrete Revolutio in particular has quite a few great animators working on it - but as you know there's reason to be skeptical about how the final product will turn out. Finally, there's the interesting short shows: Fushigi na Somera-chan (Itsuki Imazaki), Kagewani (Tomoya Takashima), and the never-ending Teekyuu (Shin Itagaki).

I guess it makes sense that studios would need support studios from time to time. I wonder if they outsource the entire thing or if there's still some directoral control from the mothership.

Every TV anime has outsourced episodes, unless you're KyoAni. (Though even KyoAni has its own subsidiary studio, Animation Do, which they split production duties with.) For fully outsourced episodes the episode direction and animation will be handled by the subcontracted studio, but of course the overall director and chief animation director at the main studio retain ultimate oversight. How much they exercise that oversight will vary.

My understanding it's that it isn't a direct linear sequel to the timeline the anime/VN ends in. I've read it's an interquel of sorts where
the story takes place in one of the realities where he couldn't save Kurisu
Here's the info on the wiki:

Steins;Gate 0 (シュタインズ・ゲート ゼロ, Shutainzu Gēto Zero?) is an upcoming spin-off that is being marketed as a "true sequel" visual novel -as opposed to being a fan disc-. It is part of the main canon, but it is narratively not taking place after the true ending of the original story. It is slated for release on November 19th, 2015 on Playstation 3, Playstation 4, and PS Vita.[1][2] An anime adaptation has already been green-lit.[3]

Zero takes place starting in
November 2010 in the Beta Attractor Field outside of the Steins Gate. It depicts the Okabe who had given up on saving Kurisu after his first horrific failed attempt.
Though it will draw from the Epigraph Trilogy light novels and the stories from various drama CDs, it is not a "game-ification" of those stories but will have its own new scenario.

So yeah, not a sequel really, but rather one of the ramifications of the storyline.

Infinite Ryvius 13

A new way of life begins in the Ryvius. Quite a few Lord of the Flies vibes here and there, but what's interesting is that Blue's background is becoming more clear.
So your father is the minster of defence...

Decent episode overall.

Infinite Ryvius 14

So Fina might be a tad crazy. Also might be a bit of a Yandere while we're at it. She doesn't seem to being taking kindly to
Kouji saying Aoi's name while he was having a freak-out

remember

if you are watching on CR, there are more episodes in bakemono they dont have.

Yeah I know, which is weird because the next episode is Tsubasa Cat Part 3 when this episode had nothing to do with Hanekawa and it used Senjougahara's OP so it just stopped mid arc

edit: ok they kind of talked about her for twenty seconds

sora87

I just finished Gurren Lagann, what a wild amazing ride from start to finish. And yes I somehow managed to avoid
the spoiler for episode 8.

Definitely needed that after Welcome to the NHK left me feeling dead inside.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yeah I know, which is weird because the next episode is Tsubasa Cat Part 3 when this episode had nothing to do with Hanekawa and it used Senjougahara's OP so it just stopped mid arc

edit: ok they kind of talked about her for twenty seconds
Ask yourself why that episode would have an impact on Hanekawa.

Infinite Ryvius 15

Our Mystery girl emotes,
Blue plans to abandon the Ryvius, Hyperion has been destroyed, and an uprising in the Ryvius
Sounds like one hell of a (good) wham episode.

On a side note, the movements and the facial expressions of the captain of the Blue Impluse is hilarious to watch.

Firemind

Working!!! #6

Weak episode. Nothing really happened. Yamada works best as a side character, but I guess it's nice that she gets a resolution too. Souma is a dick though for trying to hide her in the attic.

And for the amount Inami gets berated at for punching men, Satou deliberately hits people in the head with a frying pan. No gender discrimination. Double standard I guess.

Infinite Ryvius 16

Another breather episode. The Zewi take control of the Ryvius and the mystery girl finally meets some of the cast but nothing too significant overall with perhaps the exception of Kouji's transfer to the Vital Guarder. I will say It's funny how regardless of who's in power, Lucson gets zero respect.

Sakura

So I'm on episode 12 of Oregairu S2 and I have to ask...
Does Haruno have no friends? Why does she hang around bullying high school kids all day? What is her deal? She is so weird.

I just finished Gurren Lagann, what a wild amazing ride from start to finish. And yes I somehow managed to avoid
the spoiler for episode 8.

Definitely needed that after Welcome to the NHK left me feeling dead inside.

Ah, TTGL. My favourite anime of all time.

You can call the characters idiots. You can call the plot stupid. But if there's one thing you can't deny when it comes to this show, it's that there's so much dang passion put into it.

From the explosive sequences, to the catchphrases, to the incredible animation, to that freaking amazing soundtrack, this is a show that the people who made it wanted you to love.

Gurren Lagann is a show that says: "HEY! You're awesome and you're capable of great things! And don't let anyone tell you otherwise!"

It's just such a great show and it warms my heart seeing more people enjoy it.

Infinite Ryvius 17

Weak episode. Nothing really happens until the end where a Red Ryvius is introduced. You could count Kouji
getting beat up
but it doesn't really amount to much.

Phatmac

Does Haruno have no friends? Why does she hang around bullying high school kids all day? What is her deal? She is so weird.
I guess she's keeping tabs on her for her mother? Or maybe she enjoys tormenting a kids a lot.

Cornbread78

She is a meddling bitch with no life, that's why.

I guess she's keeping tabs on her for her mother? Or maybe she enjoys tormenting a kids a lot.

If we ever do finally get that Yukinon backstory maybe we would know, but....

Bakemonogatari 12
Damn what a good episode. It's pretty sad how much better this relationship is then in real romance shows.

Yes! One of my favorite anime episodes of all time. Everything is so well done from start to finish. The music was also excellent in the background the entire scene leading into the great ED.

Yesterday I watched 1.0, today I watched:

tumblr_n0qtbgAFNf1rb06tgo5_r2_500.gif

So the first movie from what I watched, although my memory fails at remembering the specific details, was pretty similar to the beginning of the anime series. This one however doesn't. And no, it isn't just my memory failing. We get a whole new character, Mari, and the plot goes in a completely different direction. The visuals are improved, the first movie looked great but this one takes things even further. Character design is more refined, animations are more fluid. Let's also give a quick shout out to the direction that is phenomenal. A specific part that comes to mind is when you hear Shinji's screams, as he's seeing his friend getting destroyed by the Eva he himself was piloting, with his hands stuck on the controllers while not being able to actually stop it... all while a children's song about friendship is playing in the background. Just wow. And the ending? You pretty much witness the end of the world, but can't help but feel like Shinji has for once acted upon his own will.

Can't wait to watch the third movie now. It may be true that the movies don't get as much praise as the anime, and apparently a ton of people hate the last movie but I have enjoyed them quite a lot so far.

Arakawa Under The Bridge 1-4
Very funny show, especially the first episode. While the ridiculousness loses its poignancy after a couple episodes, the humor is great and the characters are fun

I haven't seen 3.33.

People tell me it's not terrible.

I hope all those people are lying to me, just like how everyone lies to themselves in Evangelion.

Or they're not real, like people who say that Asuka is better than Rei.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Every TV anime has outsourced episodes, unless you're KyoAni. (Though even KyoAni has its own subsidiary studio, Animation Do, which they split production duties with.) For fully outsourced episodes the episode direction and animation will be handled by the subcontracted studio, but of course the overall director and chief animation director at the main studio retain ultimate oversight. How much they exercise that oversight will vary.
Yeah, I knew about the outsourcing cuts or even larger portions of episodes, but I didn't think that entire episodes could be outsourced. I guess anime really is hard. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom