• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Arakawa Under The Bridge 1-4
Very funny show, especially the first episode. While the ridiculousness loses its poignancy after a couple episodes, the humor is great and the characters are fun

Just finished watching this show and it is definitely different, that's for sure...

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
BIKINI
FUCKING
WARRIORS
episode 1

It is exactly what i thought it would be, I honestly sincerely feel that this was suppose to be a hentai but got rejected last minute so they cut out all the sex scenes.
even the shop owner looks like a guy who would be in a hentai.

.....Not that I would know that

Fist of the North Star 01

v6lgutA.png
DIWIjs8.jpg
JXhVlZS.jpg

lol this show is old as fuck. I think I grew chest hair while watching this. I don't remember the last show I watched with untouched audio from the 80's, it's terrible!

Anyway, are there key differences between the manga and anime? I forget how many episodes I watched but it seems like Shin and Ken fight in episode 22 when that was like, the first volume of the manga.

I would also like to point out the first episode is called GOD OR DEVIL!? THE MIGHTIEST MAN APPEARS IN HELL.

star wars was never good

I don't care much about the series itself past the first 3 movies which still hold up. More of a Star Trek guy because that's some REAL sci-fi shit

Fist of the North Star 01
Anyway, are there key differences between the manga and anime? I forget how many episodes I watched but it seems like Shin and Ken fight in episode 22 when that was like, the first volume of the manga.

As you may already know, there's just a LOT of filler in the anime.

But all the major events from the manga are still preserved.

Mailbox

Basically, it works as a mystery anime even if all the mysteries are only a single episode long. The supernatural elements are kept to the bare minimum and don't feel out of place, though I would have liked to see more instances where MC didn't use it as a (seemingly unwanting) crutch.

overall, its ok. There are better mystery anime out there (Hyouka) but this won't harm you.

Stahp bullying me guys

GPhywmD.gif

God damn it, now i gotta watch Free! because of you.

Phatmac

BIKINI
FUCKING
WARRIORS
episode 1

It is exactly what i thought it would be, I honestly sincerely feel that this was suppose to be a hentai but got rejected last minute so they cut out all the sex scenes.
even the shop owner looks like a guy who would be in a hentai.

.....Not that I would know that
These are my feelings towards randomly seeing a couple episode of high school dxd in order to see how much they could get away with. It's like you know whoever makes this shit just wants to make hentai but couldn't.

blurr

Honestly not as excited about S2 as I was last year. I'm still gonna watch of course, too many shows happened in between, sort of influenced my taste.

Holy fuck did Sony just announce that Gravity Rush would get a Special Anime. I don't even care if it's just an OVA because it's Gravity Rush.

I was always curious on what a animated Gravity Rush would look like. The gameplay mechanics were pretty unique.

TUSR

Banned
Holy fuck did Sony just announce that Gravity Rush would get a Special Anime. I don't even care if it's just an OVA because it's Gravity Rush.

I was always curious on what a animated Gravity Rush would look like. The gameplay mechanics were pretty unique.

yo what

where when was this

Phatmac

The sequel looked amazing.

Mailbox

yeah, last night (PST).
Nothing else was said other than it was a special animation project.
I'm guessing a short special or an OVA.

Either way i'm not getting my hopes up too high for that since GR's story isn't anything to write home about and neither is the combat (though it could be good if they use interesting camera angles and transitions... which i doubt they will do)

foxuzamaki

These are my feelings towards randomly seeing a couple episode of high school dxd in order to see how much they could get away with. It's like you know whoever makes this shit just wants to make hentai but couldn't.

I just blew through all 11 episodes, I believe either the 3rd or 4th episode.....they got away with ALOT

also highschool DxD while it revels in its ecchiness, its also actually pretty awesome.

The sequel looked amazing.

Saw the trailer for the sequel on the PS4 and hot damn does it look amazing. While I'm a bit disappointed it isn't on the PS Vita, the PS4 version looks great.

yeah, last night (PST).
Nothing else was said other than it was a special animation project.
I'm guessing a short special or an OVA.

Either way i'm not getting my hopes up too high for that since GR's story isn't anything to write home about and neither is the combat (though it could be good if they use interesting camera angles and transitions... which i doubt they will do)

I thought the combat was pretty good, plus the mechanics were pretty unique especially the way it handled gravity. I believe with the sequel they will definitely unpgrade the mechanics in a way it's easier to handle with the PS4. It also seems like they're updating the combat as well.

Highschool DxD is awesome.

It's a show that knows exactly what it is, and never backs down for even an instant. And I know some people may find ranking fanservice idiotic, the fanservice in DxD is top of the line.

At least it never backs down until season 3 happens, and it loses its way...

Hopefully if we get season 4, it's fixes some of the issues.

Attack on Titan would be better if they killed Eren and made Levi or anyone else the main character.

Lost opportunity to shift it to Mikasa when youknowwhat happened.

Eren is one of the worst parts of AoT tbh. Mikasa, Levi, Armin, anyone else would make a better protagonist. In fact Eren makes other characters (mainly Mikasa) worse by existing

Everytime Isayama tries to develop him past "i hate titans" it comes off as goofy and it doesn't actually advance his character anyway.

Mailbox

Saw the trailer for the sequel on the PS4 and hot damn does it look amazing. While I'm a bit disappointed it isn't on the PS Vita, the PS4 version looks great.

I thought the combat was pretty good, plus the mechanics were pretty unique especially the way it handled gravity. I believe with the sequel they will definitely unpgrade the mechanics in a way it's easier to handle with the PS4. It also seems like they're updating the combat as well.

I should have been more clear. It's fine for a game, but its repetitive, and doesn't exactly work well for animation imo.

I could be wrong though

It's a show that knows exactly what it is, and never backs down for even an instant. And I know some people may find ranking fanservice idiotic, the fanservice in DxD is top of the line.

Of its type, DxD is top. the plot for the first 2 seasons is actually pretty good, with the fanservice used to accent it rather than interrupt it (which is a damn weird experiance with the volume of fanservice it has. )

Season 3 was an unfortunately rushed mess. I really don't think adding more factions was a good idea, I remember groaning when i saw son goku in the last episode of Season 2

Fist of the North Star 002

Hokuto Shinken is bullshit on a hilarious scale because it can essentially do anything. It's kind of like kids playing on the playground and doing the whole "Nuh-uh, Hokuto Shinken lets me push your pressure points and that makes you tell the truth then explode right when you get back to your boss somehow." Except in this case Ken would be a kid and the bandits would be ants. I guess it balances out later when people like Rei or Raoh show up with their equally ridiculous martial arts. Also, this is far less violent then I remember, and certainly less violent from the manga. It isn't censored like Tokyo Ghoul style but considering one of Hokuto Shinken's main features is that it makes you explode from the inside there isn't as much gore as you would think.

foxuzamaki

From what I saw it seemed pretty trashy in a good way.
It is good

Hopefully if we get season 4, it's fixes some of the issues.

Really? I watched maybe 5 or so episodes of the 3rd season, before putting it on hold cause ive just been busy and such, but was it really a letdown? I like the introduction of more religions/factions

I haven't seen 3.33.

People tell me it's terrible.

I hope all those people are lying to me, just like how everyone lies to themselves in Evangelion.

Or they're not real, like people who say that Asuka is better than Rei.

Its not. Its just not what expected it to be in a story sense. Though the same can be said for the original series xD

phaze

Samurai Flamenco 01

I liked the part where he set his clothes on fire, that's about it unfortunately. It needs to become more consistently amusing and interesting in the next few episodes.

Rokka no Yusha 11

Hans is my husbando.

Nachetanya is probably the fake, even if her tantrums over Adlet
would seem like a completely pointless overacting if this turns out to be the case.

Haibane Renmei 09

Poor Reki.
Forever sin-bound and alone, once again.

Jintor

tunnelbear vpn servers have shit the fucking bed or something so i'm reduced to watching shows in sd like some sort of fucking pleb

this is disgusting

/edit scratch that it doesn't even fucking work without skips and hops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom