• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never mind, I didn't realize there's going to be a fourth movie still
Either than movie explains the whole thing or idk... The preview shows
a Mari/Asuka Eva fused together fighting against what seem to be other Evas?
I have soooo many questions about so many scenes, it's not even funny.

One writing technique I absolutely loathe is when the main character and the audience are the only ones who don't understand a situation, yet nobody ever bothers to try and explain anything to the main character for no reason given and 3.33 is the worst example of that I can think of.

There is a way to do limited explanations in a story but it's a hard line to ride and 3.33 doesn't ride it so much as it falls flat on it's ass. Things as basic as "Why is every main character still alive (except Kaji who gets killed off screen) but it looks like the entire Earth is dead and where did you get this massive Angel-esque airship and why are Gendo and Kaworu still hanging out at the destroyed NERV compound and

And FUCK Misato. She encouraged Shinji at the end of 2.22, she has zero right to act so higher-then-thou.
I agree 100% with everything that you said. Again, this movie just gave me more questions without any answers. Whether it was done on purpose, or whether I'm not "smart enough to grasp it" I don't care. I understood Eva 1 and 2, this was just... idk either a really fucked up way of setting up the plot for the 4th movie, which let's be honest would be an awful idea since the time between releases is unknown, or... I don't even know LOL.

Either than movie explains the whole thing or idk... The preview shows
a Mari/Asuka Eva fused together fighting against what seem to be other Evas?
I have soooo many questions about so many scenes, it's not even funny.

My joke is that Evangelion has really fucking weird endings in general, be it the tv shows, or the end of evangelion movie

ibyea

Banned
Evangelion 3.33

rEeSVA7.gif

What.

Reminds me that I still have to watch this, even if I know that it's garbage.

Jintor

after what like seven games we're finally getting an ace attorney anime

CPE4phoUcAAg8T1.jpg

april 2016

not sure if want? Not a fan of that key art

That Piano scene is good though! Can't bitch about that!

The whole Kaworu/Shinji thing seemed to lean waaaaaay too much into the BL side of things. I get all of the circumstances that lead to Shinji's infatuation with him, I mean when everyone in the world either hates you or is
dead because of you
, you will grab on to the first person to show you affection. Still, I feel like with the way the movie ended, Kaworu played a very weird role in the movies, since his appearance and importance to the whole thing has been foreshadowed since the first movie. Unless they
really bring him back
or something.

CPE4phoUcAAg8T1.jpg

april 2016

Kinda have to agree, specially if we are going aaaaall the way back to the first games. If you give me an original storyline that doesn't suck, I'm in.

CPE4phoUcAAg8T1.jpg

april 2016

Holy shit! Something people have been asking for for years! Also the original trilogy so I dont have to rush through the other games when I need to play Zero Escape and Dangit Ron Paul anyway

The whole Kaworu/Shinji thing seemed to lean waaaaaay too much into the BL side of things. I get all of the circumstances that lead to Shinji's infatuation with him, I mean when everyone in the world either hates you or is
dead because of you
, you will grab on to the first person to show you affection. Still, I feel like with the way the movie ended, Kaworu played a very weird role in the movies, since his appearance and importance to the whole thing has been foreshadowed since the first movie. Unless they
really bring him back
or something.

Dude did you see the marketing for 3.33? Of course it was heavy into the BL.

Hmmm, I'm willing to give the Ace Attorney anime a shot.

Even if it does include worst girl...Maya Fey.

YEAH, I SAID IT, I'M GLAD SHE BASICALLY LEFT THE FRANCHISE!

I wanna see Athena and Apollo.

And then ship them. Because shipping Apollo and Trucy is fucking wrong people.

Even if it does include worst girl...Maya Fey.
NwLwW1E.gif

Begone.

Dude did you see the marketing for 3.33? Of course it was heavy into the BL.
Nope can't say I have my latest recollection of seeing anything Eva related dates back to the 2000s LOL. I knew that these movies changed the series so instead of rewatching the episodes I thought of giving these movies a shot. Let's hope that the 4th movie clarifies this whole mess of a plot.

Mailbox

Ok, first off, FUCK YES! Im my veins, right now.
I've wanted this for years. (even though i only really been watching anime proper for 2 years now, but what ever)

Never hype video game adaption.

VN adaptations tend to favor better than other Genres. And lets face it, Ace attorney is basically a highly involved VN

Squishy3

Why not? Other handheld anime adaptations such as Danganronpa and Devil Survivor 2 have been amazing!

lol
we should probably judge it to the other capcom properties' anime

so, mega man, devil may cry, sengoku basara, the various SF anime, viewtiful joe

It won't be better than the live action movie, that's for sure.
the live action movie isn't perfect but it's all worth it just for the scene where larry blows up the steel samurai balloon

april 2016

Yeah, if that's supposed to be character art for the anime, it's faithful but not particularly attractive.

Kinda have to agree, specially if we are going aaaaall the way back to the first games. If you give me an original storyline that doesn't suck, I'm in.

If they're showing off Phoenix, Maya, and Edgeworth, chances are it'll be adapting the first game like the live-action movie did.

(Should have been an adaptation of best story AAI2 with best girl Kay.)

If they're showing off Phoenix, Maya, and Edgeworth, chances are it'll be adapting the first game like the live-action movie did.
That's what I think too. Hence why I'm not as excited as others here. I mean don't get me wrong AA1 was awesome, but there have been so many games since then with so many awesome cases. Plus the fact that I played the games kills the suspense of the whole "who dun'it"

Jintor

I was going to say something about the sheer amount of plot points per episode but the Movie did manage to cram the entire first game into about two and a half hours (admittedly by skipping two cases entirely)

So it's possible, I just don't know if it's likely.

Also doesn't look like the studio who did AA5's anime cutscenes, at least from that keyart. Guess I'll wait to hear more. Those cutscenes were okay/good, but trumped by the 3d animation imho.

The one with Phoenix suiting up was pretty sick though

Narag

Samurai Flamenco 1
This is like one of the most low key first eps I've ever seen. Feels like it could have been a live action work given how little this medium was leveraged and I suspect it was intentional.

Samurai Flamenco 2
I appreciate that Goto had to be drunk off his ass to finally understand Hazama.

Samurai Flamenco 3
This one was pretty fun, things getting silly and whatnot. Fan mail bit was kinda inspired at that.

Shigurui 4

wtf @ everything in this one

it's not really an adaptation as much as it is an original show using a game franchise's characters, which is probably why it's very good

Except the reliance on characters who were created as essentially one-note tropes, each appealing to a specific fetish of people who bought the game, and who were designed to operate alone instead of in tandem with the other characters really sunk the show in my eyes.

Also doesn't look like the studio who did AA5's anime cutscenes, at least from that keyart. Guess I'll wait to hear more. Those cutscenes were okay/good, but trumped by the 3d animation imho.

That studio would be BONES. They seem to be too busy at the moment to have time to be doing this project.

girl in the middle looks like she could be cg. i hope it's cg

Have you not played any of the Ace Attorney games? You can even play them on your phone, so there's no excuse!

It's not like the source material for Ace Attorney is hard to follow. Compared to most VNs, it's very linear.

I imagine the show will be three cour a la the Ushio and Tora anime. 1 cour per game if it's covering the original trilogy.

But man, just the thought of seeing a fully animated Phoenix, Maya, Gumshoe, Edgeworth, Pearls, Larry, the Judge, and everybody else fills me with excitement.

rrvv

I was going to say something about the sheer amount of plot points per episode but the Movie did manage to cram the entire first game into about two and a half hours (admittedly by skipping two cases entirely)

So it's possible, I just don't know if it's likely.

The one with Phoenix suiting up was pretty sick though

The movie was okay since it only develop Miles character. even that it feel rushed.

also movie is roughly 3-4 standard anime episode

They could skip the less important cases, although that would be kind of lame. Doubt many people would miss stuff like the Circus though.

At most you can only able to animate final case + 1 case. It going to kill any character development and foreshadowing

rrvv

Kishi is pretty much director you want if you want to get the adaption done very fast.

I mean most of his anime is blamed on lack of episode and resource really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom