• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any decent scriptwriter should be able to get these basic personalities down that make the games such an enjoyable experience.

Man, the staff hasn't even been announced yet guys. Give it a chance!

This is something that has so much potential compared to many other video game adaptations. If they get those personalities down and have the music from the game be in the show, then the anime is a hit in my book.

I hope you didn't just guarantee Yoshino writing the series.

You would think it would be easy to get the series right, but there's a long history of video game adaptations being bad. The staff will have a big impact on this. Are we going to get something that puts a lot of care into the series, or a shitted out cash in job that just rushes everything into a few episodes?

Danganronpa should have been perfect for an anime, but my understanding is that it was a pretty terrible anime, and that it condensed everything into 13 episodes. We really have to hope that Ace Attorney gets at least 39 episodes if they plan to do the whole original trilogy.

Naruto Shippuden: Season 17 Episode 430 – Killer Bee Rappuden: Part 2
CPHG-BGXAAADeoX.png
CPHG_MyWoAA6kNJ.png

CPHHCDkWsAE3igE.png

Well that was an artsy transformation scene. We need more Killer Bee Rappuden. Also Yagura was there, he was always third best Jinchuriki after Gaara and Naruto.

Road to Karin is next, I hope we get a Suigetsu one.

I hope you didn't just guarantee Yoshino writing the series.

You would think it would be easy to get the series right, but there's a long history of video game adaptations being bad. The staff will have a big impact on this. Are we going to get something that puts a lot of care into the series, or a shitted out cash in job that just rushes everything into a few episodes?

Danganronpa should have been perfect for an anime, but my understanding is that it was a pretty terrible anime, and that it condensed everything into 13 episodes. We really have to hope that Ace Attorney gets at least 39 episodes if they plan to do the whole original trilogy.

I've got a really good feeling that it's going to be the former.

I won't deny that video game adaptations tend to not go very well. But I always thought that if there's a game that could make a good transition to an anime, it would be Phoenix Wright. The games are just filled with so many quirky moments that the characters just feel like they outright belong in an anime.

But yeah, we should wait for a staff announcement before we jump to any conclusions. I'm going to stay hopeful and optimistic though, because I've wanted a Phoenix Wright anime for a long time, and I hope that the people who work on the show love the games as much as I do.

Shimoneta: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn’t Exist 3 & 4

4 was best episode thus far. Anna is pretty annoying but that whole scene in Tanukichi's place when his shirt was ripped off and then the shorts, and the rising and poking. It was so good. Had to rewatch again and again. Havent laughed and enjoyed a scene in anime in quite awhile. Such an attractive male character.

The drool parts of the episodes was gross though, like leaving it in an envelope? bleagh.

Shimoneta: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn’t Exist 3 & 4

4 was best episode thus far. Anna is pretty annoying but that whole scene in Tanukichi's place when his shirt was ripped off and then the shorts, and the rising and poking. It was so good. Had to rewatch again and again. Havent laughed and enjoyed a scene in anime in quite awhile. Such an attractive male character.

The drool parts of the episodes was gross though, like leaving it in an envelope? bleagh.
But the question is... Is that drool... Or could it be...
LOVE JUICE

after what like seven games we're finally getting an ace attorney anime

CPE4phoUcAAg8T1.jpg

april 2016

not sure if want? Not a fan of that key art

I'll be watching. Always wanted an AA anime.

Hopefully made by the team that did BlazBlue. Why do people want the renowned Seiji Kishi, his stuff has some despair element (assclass, desu, p3m, dangananime). Plus AC2 ought to be spring.

So you want the show to be a rushed mess then?

phaze

Samurai Flamenco 02

Umbrellas are srs business.

Shokugeki no Soma 08-09

lol at getting expelled over a hair shampoo. And by some temporary teacher to boot.

Sterok

Umaru 11

I know they say Ebina has an accent, but I really can't hear it. I don't speak Japanese, but I'm usually able to tell an accent exists if it's supposed to be obvious. At least something went Taihei's way for once.

School Live 11

I don't think these girls are going to make it......

Unless Yuki pulls the biggest suprise out of her ass when she's in that broadcasting room or something.

Can't say I'm that attached to all the characters though, meh.

Sterok

School-Live 11

Yuki is really hard to get a handle on. How much does she know, how much is she pretending to not know, how much is legit foreign to her, how much is she just confused on? I like Yuki like this. The show is so much better when it's not being overwhelmed by shoddy SOL antics.
School is getting wrecked, so they're kind of screwed even if they heal, get back together, and drive back the zombies.

Death Note TV Episode 11 [END]

Powerful first 20 minutes to lead to the end. Team Mikami, Light, Misa Misa forever
I wish Kira's Army had actually won instead of losing memories + Light being engulfed in flames

Fun 11 weeks for Death Note, my 2nd favorite after the two movies (since Light was hotter in the movies, L is hot here) and with the longer time alot of the events in this death note are pretty compelling, and interesting.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 11:

I see trees of green, red roses, too,
I see them bloom, for me and you
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue, and clouds of white,
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world.

duckroll

While this year's TGS has been much more interesting than usual because there are actually Japanese games which are worth paying attention to this year, it amuses me that so far in terms of actual announcements, I think there have been more anime announces than games.

- Gravity Daze is getting some sort of animation thing, they weren't clear if it's an OVA or a series.
- Granblue Fantasy is getting a TV anime from A-1 Pictures.
- Phoenix Wright is getting a TV anime in April 2016.
- Monster Hunter Stories is getting a TV anime in 2016 on FujiTV.

javac

I watched 4 episodes of Giant Gorg, and although it’s progressing slowly right now, I feel that this show is going to be something special by the end; it has all of the elements of a legendary show.

Episode 4
Writen by: Yumiko Tsukamoto
Storyboards by: Yoshikazu Yasuhiko
Directed by: Kojika Eikichi

After washing ashore on the Austral Islands the crew is split up. Yuu and Argos (the Dog) on one side of the island where as the Captain, Doris and Dr. Wave end up on the other side, unaware of the whereabouts or wellbeing of one another. Doris is of course distraught since she likes Yuu but Captain as stone cold as ever tells her that worrying will do her no good and that they should eat and head onwards. As they trek through the forest they are ambushed and taken to a secret camp. Turns out that a bunch of locals reside on the island and mistake the crew for GAIL soldiers, so when Captain helps them fight off GAIL soldiers they become more hospitable to their guests.

Meanwhile, Yuu hearing gunshots on the other-side of the island figures that it must be coming from the rest of the crew and decides to head in that direction. On the way there he is attacked by the same beast that destroyed their boat in the first place. Just as he is about to be attacked however a mecha appears and saves him, wrestling the beast. Yuu is obviously afraid of the giant lumbering robot however it seems to be docile and curious about Yuu.
This is the moment that I knew that this show would be something special. The way in which the 'robot' interacts with Yuu is like a curious animal. I'm getting Giant Robo and Evangelion vibes from it as it seems to have a mind of its own and I can only guess that a maternal bond of some kind is at play here.

Episode 5
Writen by: Masaki Tsuji
Storyboards by: Norio Kashima
Directed by: Norio Kashima

Yuu and Argos continue on top of Gorg, the giant humanoid but while Yuu wants to find his friend, the silent Gorg continues onwards on its path. The locals and the rest of the crew however are confronted on the island by GAIL soldiers but they successfully fend them off for now. The crew thanks the locals for their hospitality but suggest that they must go on their separate ways to the other side of the island. Two of the locals ask if they could go with them to reclaim their island from GAIL however the leader of the tribe prevents anybody from leaving, locking them up as it is forbidden in their tribe to go to the other island. Of course they break out with three of the locals and steal a tank and head off for the island.
At the same time, Gorg heads straight for GAIL with Yuu sitting on top of his head. Since it is dangerous, Yuu demands that Argos go to the other side of the island by himself in order to find the others. GAIL tries to capture Gorg but they’re no match for its strength. The leader of the army however notices a boy on top of Gorg and makes it his priority to capture the boy alive.
Episode 6
Storyboards by: Mamoru Hamatsu
Directed by: Mamoru Hamatsu
The episode continues where the last one left off, with the army attacking Gorg and Yuu however they retreat when they realize that it’d be foolish for them to sustain any more causalities. Both Yuu and Gorg continue onwards. Captain, Doris, Dr. Wave and the other three locals continue in their amphibious tank where they encounter the group that that tried to kidnap them earlier. Fending them off isn’t too difficult. While they are out at sea they are reunited with Argos who then tries to lead them to Yuu.
In the meantime, Gorg takes Yuu into a cave. Gorg then opens his chest to reveal the cockpit, but what’s inside is pretty creepy and shocks Yuu. After a little break they continue onwards. Yuu tries to steer Gorg away from heading towards GAIL to no affect. Eventually the crew with the help of Argos find Yuu but seeing Gorg, they assume it to be a baddie and try to shoot at it, however Gorg saves Doris from getting hurt by shielding her and thus they realize that Gorg is on their side.
Another interesting episode, the music is great and like the previous episode Gorg remains mysterious and strange, with the cockpit being genuinely creepy and will most likely play a pivotal role in the series including the revelation of what Gorg actually is.
Episode 7
Storyboards by: Kojika Eikichi
Directed by: Kojika Eikichi
The crew reunited rest on the tank as they follow Gorg’s lead as it heads towards GAIL. Yuu tries to communicate with Gorg in order to tell it to go into a different direction to little success. Both Yuu and Doris have some catching up, but where Doris is obviously in love with him, telling him that she was worried about him he just stares blanking towards Gorg, infatuated by it. Gorg is attacked head on with a barrage of missiles to no affect however when a bullet grazes Yuu’s arm, Gorg goes berserk. Yuu falls down a hatch and lands in the cockpit of Gorg, afraid and scared at first he regains composure and has a better time communicating with Gorg from within the cockpit. After a direct hit, both Gorg and the Tank fall into a ditch. Everyone is fine, but they are vulnerable to the oncoming cavalry of tanks and soldiers.

-----
I’m liking the show a lot so far, the premise is interesting and I’m genuinely curious in regards to how the story will progress and conclude.

Cornbread78

Samurai Flamenco ep 1-3:
Alright, so far so good guys. Story is playing out to build the MC's bromance and slowly add in some of the side characters. The pacing is pretty good with some comedy, action (unbrealla chase, gettign beat up my middle schoolers and Red Axe, lol) so yeah, I know the big moment will come on Mon night into Tuesday, but it's not bad so far.

phaze

Mawaru Penguindrum 01

All of my what

Take it Ikuhara, you deserve it.

----

So someone please spoil me here a bit. This thing. This
incest thing
. Is it going a major thing ? Y/N

Really liked this opening episode, especially when it went batshit insane after the first, surprisingly mellow half. But oh boy it didn't stop for a second after that. Everything I liked about Yurikuma is here: great direction, sleek style, use various sound cues, beautiful backgrounds and the general, overwhelming craziness of the story but this time coupled with a subject matter that is bit more up my alley and doesn't involve naked 16 year olds bathing in honey. And well, then the ending happened.

OP rocks.

Mandelbo

I wonder if they lose their toys again at the end.

It's good that they got the staff from the first two seasons back though. Even though I didn't enjoy the second season as much as the first, it was pretty good overall.

The new movie is bringing back all the staff from the first two seasons, and the teaser confirms that they are indeed going back to that style.

I know about the format change in the third season, but what was different about the fourth season?

Ranpo Kitan Game of Laplace 11 (end)

Hashiba should have said he loved Kobayashi or something. Good episode.
Namikoshi should have lived though why did he sacrifice himself, he could have had a very happy life, unless they would have prosecuted him

Really enjoyable anime this whole season. Wasnt as definitive as it seemed it could be but still in the upper tier of mystery anime.

The ED song is best Ed song of the season though.

Also am currently rewatching with the anime club, pretty fun to rexperience.

Ninja Slayer 23

Does Trigger know this is ending in three episodes?

Wait, we skipped over the part where he saw his dead family?

That's kinda important right?

This guy is like that lame side villain that could fly in Rurouni Kenshin.

That scene at the end with all the villains was actually pretty dark weirdly. And now the vomit is taking that back.

Ninja Slayer is better than Kill La Kill confirmed.

School Live 11
Next episode is called Graduation.
They will probably all make it except for maybe Taromaru, but with the school as wrecked as is, they are gonna have to leave the place. Hence why I think they used that name for the last episode, they will be graduating and fighting for their future leaving the place where they were safe and had fun. They will be entering the zombie/adult world.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 11:

Dear god this was unfathomably stupid and probably the worst anime show I actually watched to completion this year.

Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 11:

Dear god this was unfathomably stupid and probably the worst anime show I actually watched to completion this year.

Pfffff, you haven't seen Chaos Dragon son.

Come back after watching that.

That show will make you question the reality, and how people could call it a show.

NeonZ

I know about the format change in the third season, but what was different about the fourth season?

The fourth season was by the third season's staff too. They tried to feature a main story around a new character, while having the Milkies with a lot of screentime for humor, and sometimes those elements just clashed. In several initial episodes, they try to use the Milkies for "lesson" of the day at the end of the episodes, which just doesn't work with their general behavior and just seems cheesy.

Afterwards they mostly drop it, but through the entire show you get parts of the episodes being really goofy, sometimes not that funny in spite of that, right alongside serious plots, and several episodes just didn't balance those two elements well. The director's comedic timing wasn't that good and some jokes just fell flat. None of the new secondary characters introduced added anything to the humor either, it was mostly carried by the Milkies themselves and the rare returning characters (to their credit though, the Futari Wa protagonists actually were funny a few times here... I'm actually kind of disappointed that we apparently won't see the season 1/2 staff using them in the movie).

ibyea

Banned
Dear god you were right MetroidPrimeRib. The palace mission in Hunter x Hunter is like Namek. And I only got wind of three episodes in the middle. Despite really liking one of the episodes, it's safe to say we both think this is just dumb at this point.

Dear god you were right MetroidPrimeRib. The palace mission in Hunter x Hunter is like Namek. And I only got wind of three episodes in the middle. Despite really liking one of the episodes, it's safe to say we both think this is just dumb at this point.

you talking about the chimera ant arc?

I remember being told to "go watch Gintama and all of those other simple shows" or some shit because I said the Chimera Ant arc had shit pacing that ruined what would have been an amazing arc

Ascheroth

Heh, I actually really enjoyed that part and I watched it while it was airing. I loved the tension, and the narrator was awesome.

Heh, I actually really enjoyed that part and I watched it while it was airing. I loved the tension, and the narrator was awesome.

It is completely unlike ANYTHING in the show since then. The constant switching between characters and everything being "meanwhile, this guy was taking a dump. All of it happened in 30 minutes"

was just ugh. Also the narrator became THE lead character in this section.

Russ T

Banned
I really liked that arc, although I can absolutely see why people would be turned off. It's rare for me to appreciate glacial pacing, but it bizarrely worked really, really well for me here.

Also I found the Yorknew City arc not very interesting, but as I understand it, that's one of the fan favorites? At least among my friends, heh.

I also love Fukumoto's works and one of those involved 7 episodes in a row for one Pachinko game. I think like, half an episode was about a ball circling the last three holes.

I also watched the entire second season (Kaiji) in one day because I was so engrossed and also kind of mad at Pachinko taking so goddamn long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom