• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
I didn't know that they are doing a PSO2 anime for next year. I just saw some RT it on twitter. how long ago was that announced?

However the Ace Attorney anime comes out, I just want them to get the following things right.

-The likeable and fun personalities that every single character had in the trilogy.
-The original game's music in the show.
-The witness breakdowns being hilariously over the top and crazy.

If they get those three things right, the anime is a pass for me.

Also it's going to be hilarious to try and see how subbers deal with this series considering the treatment the localization has given it over the years.

Of course it will probably get dubbed anyway. I might have to watch both versions just to finally satisfy my curiosity about just how different the localization is.

Narag

However the Ace Attorney anime comes out, I just want them to get the following things right.

-The likeable and fun personalities that every single character had in the trilogy.
-The original game's music in the show.
-The witness breakdowns being hilariously over the top and crazy.

If they get those three things right, the anime is a pass for me.

After checking out the movie earlier in the year, I'm not looking forward to retreading the same ground a third time.

Mailbox

Also it's going to be hilarious to try and see how subbers deal with this series considering the treatment the localization has given it over the years.

Of course it will probably get dubbed anyway. I might have to watch both versions just to finally satisfy my curiosity about just how different the localization is.

So long as its not published by aniplex or (at least) aniplex USA, I'm in.

but yeah, subs will be interesting.

Another thing I find funny about Rokka is that its a fantasy world but people still bow to each other during introductions or when saying sorry.

rrvv

If Kishi handled it, I would want him to go "all out" and do the Danganronpa method of "We shot a Let's Play of the game and put it on super-fast-forward".

He probably play the game on skip mode and adapt if from that.

Then assume the anime watcher already play the game

You're right names2hard4you, I'm sure that Capcom is aware of how much fans miss Maya, and will definitely
make her return eventually...

Cause you know, Capcom is so touch with their fans.

Agent-Smith-Evil-Laugh.gif

Now, that I'm done crushing fans dreams...

Haibane Renmei 4

More crows? This show actually portrays crows in a reasonably kind light it seems.

Rakka is kind of an odd heroine so far. I feel like a normal heroine would be asking more questions by this point, figuring things out. Rakka appears to be largely comfortable in this world. She has a clear childlike innocence to her, but she doesn't act like a child. She gets her feelings hurt by gentle teasing, but doesn't mope for long.

Awww, leave the crows alone...and the crows are both a potential metaphor for the Haibane and something to contrast with them?

Beyond the walls? Well hopefully it's more pleasant than what the walls in AOT keep out.

The show is not a looker to be sure, but music is lovely. Very gentle to go along with easy watching.

Phatmac

FUCK I WAS CONCENTRATING ON MGSV THAT I DIDNT EVEN COME ON HERE AND YELL THROUGH MY LUNGS ABOUT A ACE ATTORNEY ANIME COMING NEXT YEAR!! FUCKINH FINALLY!! PLEASE BE GOOD DONT BE LIKE DANGANRONPA!!!! AHHHH!

Rokka 7-10

HOLY FUCK YOU GUYS THIS SHOW IS SO GOOD

Yandere Princess <333333 God damn this girl started to lose her shit since episode 4.

Rokka 11

FUCK YOU.

FUUUUUCCK

YOUUUUUUUU

What a crazy ass cliff hanger.

Goddamn this show is fantastic.

Flamie x Adlet OTP4LIFE. Best girl.

Jintor

i think slyphin in umaru has an ojou-sama laugh

she sure says watakushi a lot and ends her sentences with desuwa so I'm pretty sure she has an ojousama laugh

Syrinx

Hidamari Sketch x SP 2

I listened to Sae's yell at the landlady like four times, and each time it sounded like Maa-shachou. I don't know why.

You might need to watch the other half as you start to notice the issue this show have. One of the issue is with Kou and the blonde engineer girl as they suppose to have some sort of love interest but in the later half something happened and that blonde girl will have second though on Kou. This might make sense in certain situation but won't when you realize of what happened in the 1st episode. You will understand when you realize it quickly.

Still, this show is good for one thing and that is the mecha fighting battle scene. I would say Gundam 0083 is like Top Gun the movie. Pure action with a simple storyline with two guys fight against each other like man.

MSG 0083: Stardust Memory 07-13

Hrmm, there were definitely more problems with the second half compared to the first. Burning
dying was kind of weird, what with him finding all the secret plans but dying before he could hand them over, when they could have just had him killed off in battle
. Nina
had some hints in earlier episode hinting at an association with Zeon, but I didn't expect it to end up as a former lover, or that she would end up defending Gato at the very end. Kind of sours the "happy ending"-esque reunion with Kou when that was their last encounter
. Cima
betraying Zeon for the Federation was alright, but they never really explained why she did it. Even a simple "in exchange for power" or something would have been fine, but I don't remember getting much of any reason

The conspiracies that led to the creation of the Titans was pretty interesting though. The fights were good as well, Unit 03 is fantastic. Overall, I would say I liked it aside from some of the issues I had. It's always nice to watch a show where the good guys "lose".

John Blade

MSG 0083: Stardust Memory 07-13

Hrmm, there were definitely more problems with the second half compared to the first. Burning
dying was kind of weird, what with him finding all the secret plans but dying before he could hand them over, when they could have just had him killed off in battle
. Nina
had some hints in earlier episode hinting at an association with Zeon, but I didn't expect it to end up as a former lover, or that she would end up defending Gato at the very end. Kind of sours the "happy ending"-esque reunion with Kou when that was their last encounter
. Cima
betraying Zeon for the Federation was alright, but they never really explained why she did it. Even a simple "in exchange for power" or something would have been fine, but I don't remember getting much of any reason

The conspiracies that led to the creation of the Titans was pretty interesting though. The fights were good as well, Unit 03 is fantastic. Overall, I would say I liked it aside from some of the issues I had. It's always nice to watch a show where the good guys "lose".

I might try to explain some of the issue in the story as much as I can. Note; is been a long while since I watch this Gundam show so, I might be rusty a bit.

The whole scene with Buming founding out the secret plans is basically foreshadowing of what is going to happening later on the show which is Operational Stardust aka: drop the colony to earth. That entire scene was trying to build the suspense to the audience as Buming know the entire truth of what is going to happened in the entire team but got kill off, basically setting the stage of what happened next in the show. If he did survive or the incident didn't happened, Operational Stardust might be able to stop at it's track. That's what I think that entire scene was trying to tell. Also, Buming death suck as he is one of an interesting character in the show with some dimensional of character development.

For Nina issue, what I don't get is she saw Gato face in the 1st episode in the show which mean she should know that her former boyfriend was in the fight against the Federation. This make it worst of what will happened between her and Kou. If feel like the writer need some tension with Kou and Nina love relationship so, they shoehorn Gato former love interested in it. To me, if they alter this say, Nina saw her former boyfriend in the 1st episode and maybe make it in a way Nina talk about her boyfriend and what he did in the past to Kou in the beginning and make some sort of tension where Kou already know about the love interested much earlier and maybe use it as a weapon to proof how good he was again Gato and maybe win Nina love as the show process, then it might have a chance to make the relationship with Nina and Kou more workable. Unfortunately, what we got is basically what was shown in the show.

For Cima, the reasoning of betraying Zeon for Federation was not shown in the show which is true but you might get a hint of why she hate the Zeon from an extra is include in the DVD set. It kinda hinted of one reason of which why she change side. Go to the link below to see it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6Qe4qnPFzc

Overall, the show was a fun watch from the beginning to end mostly for the fighting scene which still look good even today. Also, the introduction of the Titans at the end of the show give you the reason of why they were started and you see some of the characters in this show is in Zeta Gundam which explain few things. Still, not the best show to watch if you're going in for good storytelling and it screw up the technologies of Gundam as it didn't fit well once you go watch Zeta Gundam after this. Still, if you want tons of action scene and fight, this one will give you that.

Cornbread78

Rokka 11
FUCK YOU.
FUUUUUCCK
YOUUUUUUUU
What a crazy ass cliff hanger.
Goddamn this show is fantastic.
Flamie x Adlet OTP4LIFE. Best girl.

Yeah, we are all dying for Sat. There should be some awesome episodes between the Rokka reveal, maybe some love in Working!!!, the Shinometa finale and the follow-up from the events of ep.11 in Charlotte. Oh, Gate will probably get pushed back again as well. Too much good stuff, but yeah, that cliffhanger was pretty harsh.

Jintor

i severely regret resubbing for a year on crunchy now that my streaming experience has turned to utter shit, but i can't tell if my hikari pipes are just busted or what

Oh boy, another videogame adaptation that will suck and people get excited anyway!

Is okay I always enjoy the tears of people how get disappointed because of unrealistic expectation

I don't even know what could count as "unrealistic expectations" for a freaking Ace Attorney anime. Like, it's simple stuff.

Phoenix is an earnest guy who makes a lot of mistakes.
Maya is the peppy, upbeat sidekick who loves burgers, superheroes, and is all around silly.
Mia is the guiding older sister character that helps Phoenix when he's in a pinch.
Gumshoe is the big brutish-looking detective who's got a big heart despite the treatment that he gets.
Pearl is the little kid character who actually acts like a little kid.
Edgeworth is the classy prosecutor.
Manfred von Karma is the evil prosecutor.
And so on and so forth.

Any decent scriptwriter should be able to get these basic personalities down that make the games such an enjoyable experience.

Man, the staff hasn't even been announced yet guys. Give it a chance!

This is something that has so much potential compared to many other video game adaptations. If they get those personalities down and have the music from the game be in the show, then the anime is a hit in my book.

Cornbread78

Slept to great news of an ace attorney anime and now see that persons 5 has been delayed. Fuck this gay earth.

There is no happyness on earth with this news dammit. Now Star Ocean 5 and Persona 5 are goign to launch right around the same time? WTF, what gives.... What am I goign to spend my XMas GS gift card on now? dammit...

Joukamachi no Dandelion 10-11

Akane better not win the election I swear. I don't care how cute she is. Shiori for king!

Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan 11

I knew they would win it all on some absolute bullshit.

Himouto 11

Multiple representations of myself arguing over what to buy is pretty much how I decide things in my mind as well. Oh and the reason Ebina is so hungry is because her boobs consume the majority of the food she eats.

monstergirls 11

Ogre-girls now have a higher ranking in my monstergirl rankings.

Jintor

Himouto 11

It was never straight up Gekkan Shoujo levels of fantastic adaption but I'm really glad Himouto shaped up. It's been great looking forward to this and Non Non Biyori every week, just my little slice of cute fluffiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom