• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Now that is what I thought this anime was going to be all about. You can feel the tangible despair of the situation that the girls are facing, each with their own personal battles. It's safe to say even if they get out of the current problem, with
the electrical system, the crops and the barriers destroyed, they are fucked

Yuki, my goodness...

John Blade

Ahh...just stop myself watching other anime show and just go back watch You're Under Arrest OVA again but this time in English dub. It's kinda funny how strong this OVA is of telling the entire story in a very limited amount of episode. I guess this is where you remove all the filler and bring in only the strong point of the show which is why I still love the OVA of the show much more in the series.

Jarmel

Banned
Neon Genesis Impacts (Animator Expo)-
original.jpg

The quality I would expect from EVA after 3.0

Baalzebup

Star Ocean trailer was worse; I spent the whole time trying to remember what anime I heard their voices on, lol.

Now you're really taking those anime nerd levels. :D This is a dead giveaway of one who has sold his soul to the animu-gods. I would know; I can't even remember the time when I didn't do this.

One of the weirdest has been the woman who voices Mikasa and China. I believe her first anime role was Princess Dhianeira in Heroic Age. I always find the voice familiar, but can't place it 'till she gets some really emotional line going and her voice gets this really unique timbre. Then it always clicks instantly.

Neon Genesis Impacts (Animator Expo)

Oooooookay. So it's about three middle school girls who look like Love Live characters and their Nico Nico channel in Tokyo-3 and they have to breakup because their parents want to get the hell out of Tokyo-3 which is understandable and also lesbians?. The TV series didn't do much about the civilian side aside from Shinji's classmates, never got a feel with how truly terrifying an Angel attack was. Not really sure what to say? It looked pretty though and I liked the last scene.

I don't know what this series is anymore. Help.

Man, ad free Hulu has totally changed my anime watching. Funimation's site was way, way too much of a mess to navigate. Now almost all of their stuff is on hulu ad free with the new subscription plan!

duckroll

kinda sad anno cant get over eva after all these years

I don't think it has anything to do with Anno honestly. Eva is still is a huge property, and there are lots of younger creators in the industry who were and still are greatly inspired by it, and who have worked on the movies and are proud of their work. It should not come as a surprise that if the property is available to be used in a project like this, that people would want to use it.

Jarmel

Banned
I don't think it has anything to do with Anno honestly. Eva is still is a huge property, and there are lots of younger creators in the industry who were and still are greatly inspired by it, and who have worked on the movies and are proud of their work. It should not come as a surprise that if the property is available to be used in a project like this, that people would want to use it.

But is he going to do an original TV series after the Rebuild movies?

Cornbread78

Walkure Romanze ep.7-9
I don't know why I'm bothering to finish this trash. The past three episodes have been filled with fanservice, but not even fun or funny fanservice; just useless, boring, and pointless fanservice and episodic moments that are plain garbage. Oh well, 3 episodes of this trash left before it's gone forever.

Quasar

Walkure Romanze ep.7-9
I don't know why I'm bothering to finish this trash. The past three episodes have been filled with fanservice, but not even fun or funny fanservice; just useless, boring, and pointless fanservice and episodic moments that are plain garbage. Oh well, 3 episodes of this trash left before it's gone forever.

Heh. My react was aside from one or two instances it was a ecchi show with no ecchi. But then I have watched Love-Ru and that changes a mans expectations.

Mobile Suit Gundam II - Soldiers of Sorrow

Yeah, the original Gundam is definitely nailing that grim tone of how terrible war is far better than any other 50 episode Gundam show I've seen.

The character deaths, particularly in the case of
Ramba Ral's and Miharu's we're especially heartbreaking.

One more movie to go, then it's on to Zeta.

Cornbread78

Heh. My react was aside from one or two instances it was a ecchi show with no ecchi. But then I have watched Love-Ru and that changes a mans expectations.

I know really.. No lust, romance or ecchi fun, just girls basically nude around the MC for some random reason, with no ecchi to it. I don't say it often, but this is garbage, lol. I think they are getting to the plot in the last three episodes, but I expect nothing but more trash, lol.

So no Soma today... And if GATE's subs are delayed until tomorrow again like for the past 2 weeks, then that means I have nothing to watch. Also I still haven't come to terms that Soma is ending next week. I hate 2-cour shows because of this. It's even worse for me in this case because it was actually a good show. We basically watched around 24 weeks of this show each week on Friday, it's gonna be weird to see it go. I need a season 2 announcement pls.

zulux21

So no Soma today... And if GATE's subs are delayed until tomorrow again like for the past 2 weeks, then that means I have nothing to watch. Also I still haven't come to terms that Soma is ending next week. I hate 2-cour shows because of this. It's even worse for me in this case because it was actually a good show. We basically watched around 24 weeks of this show each week on Friday, it's gonna be weird to see it go. I need a season 2 announcement pls.

gah I didn't realize we had a week off with that meaning that we have another week before we find out if we get a season two or not @_@

Russ T

Banned
School-Live 11

Heh. FINALLY something happens, but I'm already well past the point of caring.

I'd have much rather seen a version of this with the events of the last episode strewn throughout the season, instead of all in two episodes. Well, a little over two, if you count the little dog doing his thing at the end of one episode.

Why am I even still watching this? Because I hate life, I guess.

One episode left! I hope everyone fucking dies.

More footage of the Attack on Titan game.

I feel like they just need to give the movement more speed, and it's solid. Looks like you can cut your way out of a Titan's grasp if one grabs you.

One thing I do worry about is the difficulty. Fighting a Titan should feel hard.

So far, you can play as Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Connie, Sasha, and Jean.

Quasar

I know really.. No lust, romance or ecchi fun, just girls basically nude around the MC for some random reason, with no ecchi to it. I don't say it often, but this is garbage, lol. I think they are getting to the plot in the last three episodes, but I expect nothing but more trash, lol.

The manga was much better. It wasn't about the most boring girl for one. It was about Celia instead.

Animator Expo: NGE: Impacts

3RYlg4wh.jpg

Enjoyable I guess, good thing that I'm kinda used to Love Live CGI but for some reason I thought that this looked even worse lol.

It's cool that they're showing of some of the other civilians, it adds some world building to the franchise, even if it was just people hiding in a basement or something, speaking of that, did anyone recognize which angel they fought at the end of the show, I heard all kinds of different sounds, I didn't really get the chronological order in this, but it probably isn't the first angel since that one already appeared before the video clip, not sure though.

As for the middle part, which for some reason took even longer than the song I don't really have anything to say.

More Canon yuri ships than Love Live! I guess.

At the end of the day, this was fun, I had a good time.

School-Live 11
Why am I even still watching this? Because I hate life, I guess.

One episode left! I hope everyone fucking dies.

Yes, let's pray.

Game of Laplace end

Unsatisfying as fuck.
The bad guy wins, no one acknowledges that the protagonist is a sociopath that may have had a hand in the 6 assisted suicides that would have become many more if Akechi arrived later, the formula nonsense is never fully explained; just a mess overall.

There were definitely some REALLY good episodes, but how things played out was disappointing. Still an interesting experience. As far as character behavior goes, this may be one of the most bizarre things I have ever watched.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Shimoneta to lu gainen ga sonzai shinai taikutsu nasekai episode 4 holy shit did that jsut happen?

Did that just happen,

Show is breaking down barriers on a unfathomable level.

Neon Genesis Impacts

3D moe yuri band girls. What a glorious future anime holds!

It's funny to think that in the end 3rd impact will get to them :p.

So, why there is so many Eva related stuff in the animator expo? Is Khara part of the project's founders?

wonzo

Banned
maybe they're getting people to throw enough eva related shit at a wall so they'll have some half decent ideas for rebuild 4.whatever

duckroll

maybe they're getting people to throw enough eva related shit at a wall so they'll have some half decent ideas for rebuild 4.whatever

Well, Anno did admit that he kinda has writer's block or something when it comes to the final Eva movie, which is why he's unwinding by directing a Godzilla movie first! You might be on to something there!

Well, Anno did admit that he kinda has writer's block or something when it comes to the final Eva movie, which is why he's unwinding by directing a Godzilla movie first! You might be on to something there!

Anno is just trying to get Godzilla experience for his next project: "Ramiel Vs Godzilla"

Now that's something I'd like to see.

wonzo

Banned
rebuild 4.20: shinji watches akb0048 and gets the idea to start a cg yuri idol anime phenomenon to gather enough a.t. field energy for 3rd impact so kaworu will "come back" and bust a nut in his ass

in watercolour

Neon Genesis Impacts

Well that was neither particular good looking (thanks to the strange feeling CGI) nor particularly inspiring. The ties to NGE are pointless and I'm not even sure if the ending is supposed to tell us anything.

Could be worth having half a laugh at I guess.

Now to watch last weeks short, a semi followup to mememe sounds more interesting. e: T'was indeed way better.

phaze

Thank you.

And Thank God for that.

https://twitter.com/kekkaisensen

Kekkai Sensen's finale will air on MBS on Oct 3, and on Tokyo MX on Oct 11. 46 minute long episode. Once it's out, I can finally marathon the show. Lol.

A Bones fanatic that didn't even watch their best selling show yet ? Next time you're going to tell me you haven't seen UBW either !

Rie Matsumoto tried to save us from the Bones ending but alas, she failed. ;_;

Shokugeki no Soma 10-12

Okay, this was better. Maybe cause I'm watching it at my own pace now but Tadakoro's expulsion thing was the best this show ever was and managed to make me warm up to her. And to Soma too. The comedy, with its breadth of reaction faces, started to hit the sweet spot more often too, particularly when Hinako was involved so I might yet change my previous, unfavourable assessment of the show.

Mawaru Penguinundrum 02
010758q5zc4.jpg
010768ptbps.jpg

huh. Finally I know where this pic came from.

Not like this Ringo. You were instantly my favourite character in the show. ;_;

What is up with Japan and
stalkers.

Schwarzesmarken anime coming winter 2016

http://schwarzesmarken-anime.jp (kinda NSFW)

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1429355
Cast
Theodor Eberbach: Kenichi Suzumura (Kara no Kyoukai)
Katia Waldheim: Minami Tanaka (Hanayamata)
Irisdina Bernhard: Nozomi Yamamoto (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai)
Lise Hohenstein: Yoshino Nanjo (Love Live! School Idol Project)
Gretel Jeckeln: Kiyono Yasuno (Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata)
Anett Hosenfeld: Chika Anzai (Hitsugi no Chaika)
Pham Thi-Rang: Emiri Katou (Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica)
Sylvia Kschessinska: Michiyo Murase (Little Witch Academia)
Walther Krüger: Kenta Miyake (JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Stardust Crusaders)
Beatrix Brehme: Yukari Tamura (Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha)
Heinz Axmann: Ken Narita (Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch)
Kirce Steinhoff: Manami Numakura (Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova)

Staff
Director: Tetsuya Watanabe (Kimi ga Nozomu Eien)
Series Composition: Tatsuto Higuchi (Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo)
Character Design: Shuuichi Hara (Terra Formars)
Sound Director: Satoshi Motoyama (Death Parade)
Music Producer: Evan Call (Tokyo ESP)
Music Production: Elements Garden (Senki Zesshou Symphogear)
CG Animation: SANZIGEN
Studio: ixtl, LIDENFILMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom