• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
2nd cour of Gate will start in January
CPMs6yQUwAAD8OQ.jpg

Now if someone would announce the LN for US.

Chaos Dragon Episode 12 [END]
CPNDyLMXAAAnXID.png

Fantastic anime these 12 weeks. Fantasy anime doesnt get much better than this with the extensive use of dragons, powers with some cursed components to them and actually worthwhile political drama that doesnt spend too much time in dull philosophical territory that no one wants to ever see animated.

Ibuki is one of the best characters of the year and his clear growth is something other writers need to take note of in the penning of their fantasy stories and even in context of the anime industry at large.

9/10.

phaze

They are funny!

Well, after those two episodes, I can't really disagree.

Mawaru Penguindrum 03-04

Stalker
girl meets reality. Reality so cruel that not even a Future Diary could help her. Ringo is a treasure trove of reaction faces and seeing her fail again and again was immensely entertaining. With that name and the diary, I've high hopes she'll be an important part of the cast till the end.

Sciel

I just finished the
Madaura
Arc in Magi S2 (yes i know i'm late)

Felt 3/4 of the arc was pathetic. Everything from the Aladdin's kidnapping, to the Holy Mother Tool, to the mommy issues felt extremely forced.
Why on earth would Hakuryuu want to protect Madaura in the first place if he actually wants to kill his mother? He even goes and kills her later on. Just felt like a poor way to create some tension between the leads and briefly show off his transformation.

Ushio to Tora - 12

One of the better episodes of the show. Cool to see characters previously introduced already getting some more attention again, I expected it to be further down the road.
Finally some info on Tora's past and the Yokai in general, though I feel like it should've been told much earlier. That song sounded fucking awful.

Well the original manga had lots of cliffhangers too. This part wasn't done precisely in one continuous chapter.

Oh yeah, well, that's the good thing when I was catching up with the manga I guess, you never really notice the cliffhangers then.

Anyway, still don't understand why they didn't make this at least thirteen episodes, they could've stretched everything out a bit more then.

Prison School - 11

UZsKkp0.jpg

Huh, didn't expect that! The mindgames and Medusa were fun. I like how the 'holder' went higher and higher. I think Hanakawa is terrific as Hana.
Is there a reason for VP sweating so damn much? Do the poor lass suffer from extreme Hyperhidros?

Russ T

Banned
Is Monster Rancher good? I just remember really enjoying it as a kid, more than Digimon, more than Pokemon, but I think tha tmight've been 'cause it was so different, I dunno.

I've been curious about tracking it down maybe.

Monster Rancher was pretty hardcore for a kid's anime. I'm...pretty sure that a lot of the monsters straight up die. Even in the dub.

Anyways, Gate is getting a second cour? Um...but...they've already done up to the manga's current(ly scanlated) chapters so it's gonna be all new shit? Damn, guess I'll have to watch it.

Exalted

Prison School 11

Wow, didn't expect that things would go so far. The entire office scene was so bizzare.
Also vice president seems almost grotesque, with her behaviour and all the sweating.

It came out in Japan but delayed in the US till tomorrow morning. This has happened for that last 4 episodes.

Based Japan is just soooooooooo much better than stupid Americans, we don't deserve the show.

Gate is a lot better as a show, if you imagine it was written like Ninja Slayer.

Baalzebup

Monster Rancher was pretty hardcore for a kid's anime. I'm...pretty sure that a lot of the monsters straight up die. Even in the dub.

Anyways, Gate is getting a second cour? Um...but...they've already done up to the manga's current(ly scanlated) chapters so it's gonna be all new shit? Damn, guess I'll have to watch it.

The hell you say? There are at least 20 chapters worth of stuff that hasn't been seen in the anime as of yet. Thuule, Noriko, Zorzal, Diabo have yet to appear, for example. Heck, the dark elf Yao has yet to reach the actual Alnus base.

The hell you say? There are at least 20 chapters worth of stuff that hasn't been seen in the anime as of yet. Thuule, Noriko, Zorzal, Diabo have yet to appear, for example. Heck, the dark elf Yao has yet to reach the actual Alnus base.

Maybe the translation he read stopped at that point? You're right though, there's definitely a lot more material already out there.

javac

Random Blu-ray News:
Funimation:
Tokyo Ghoul CE boxed set has been canceled/postponed due to a production problem.
Just in case you haven't heard yet, the Tokyo Ghoul CE boxed set has been canceled/postponed due to a production problem with the set. Funi actually did ship these sets to retail, but fortunately we got the word in time that they were being canceled/recalled before we shipped out any to you guys. We will leave all pre-orders for the set active, however, it has been removed from the September release schedule and a re-release date is TBD. We are not going to accept anymore pre-orders for the set until Funi sets a new date. If you would like to switch your pre-order from the CE to one of the other two Tokyo Ghoul sets, just drop us a line and we'll see to it.
FREE! Eternal Summer (all versions) postponed, release date is now TBD
Also, the release of FREE! Eternal Summer (all versions) has been postponed until further notice. It has also been removed from the Sept release schedule and a new release date is TBD. If you have an order in waiting on one of the FREE sets and want to make a change, just drop us a line and we'll take care of it. This is just my opinion, but I now think it unlikely that either the TG-CE box set or Free! Eternal Summer will be released this year.
Source - RACS

Noein: To Your Other Self
All SKUs have been delayed with a new date of January 12th 2016.
Noein: The Complete Series
Release Date: 1/12/2016
Audio: Dolby TrueHD: English 2.0 / Dolby TrueHD: Japanese 2.0 / English Stereo / Japanese Stereo
Subtitles: English
Run Time: 600 min
Region: A|B|1|2|4
Format:
BD/DVD Standard Edition ($48.74) (RRP:$64.98) @ rightstuf
BD/DVD Limited Edition ($63.74) (RRP:$84.98) @ rightstuf
SE:
yogxq3K.jpg

LE:
YephTZj.jpg

Noragami
All 12 dubbed episodes of Season 1 are available for streaming on Hulu

New Artwork:
Sword Art Online II Volume 3: -Calibur-
Release Date: 11/17/2015
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 2.0 / Japanese: LPCM 2.0
Subtitles: English
Run Time: 75 min
Format:
BD Limited Edition ($59.98) (RRP:$74.98) @ rightstuf

Other dude's correct, the translations I've read stop at that point. I didn't realize there were others farther ahead.

Chaos Dragon - 12 [End]

I think this is the worst show I've watched in a long time.

I would still watch a second season just for crazy Lou

Crocodile

Prison School 11

6bl4fZU.gif

The GOAT. Just as amazing as when I read it in the manga <3 <3 <3 <3

Also yeah, the VA work was fantastic this episode too

The freaking demo of Mighty Number 9 was delayed!?

People we've done it.

We've figured out a way to delay something before actually really delaying it.

Next, we'll be delaying the announcements of games, but letting people know that we're going to announce them.

I mean, fuck.

Chaos Dragon 12

Wow, he sure murdered the fuck out of her, huh?

ibyea

Banned
Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies, Episode 1
The anime announcement reminded me I had still had to play the fifth game. And yeah this totally counts as anime. ;) Best first case of the Ace Attorney games. The bloody message from the dead was actually halfway unpredictable.

javac

Anime Weekend Atlanta 2015 is going down next week from the 24th to the 27th of September 2015 and as such there's a few industry panels. http://awa-con.com/

• Saturday September 26, 2015 12:15pm - 1:45pm
    FUNimation Industry Panel
    From Akira to Dragon Ball Z, hear the latest news, info, and announcements from North America's largest anime distributor—FUNimation. Live tweet with us using the hashtag #FUNimationPanel for a chance to win prizes!
  • Saturday September 26, 2015 2:00pm - 3:00pm
    Crunchyroll Industry Panel
    Crunchyroll is the leader in online streaming for Japanese entertainment with anime, manga and drama. Come find out the latest news, see what shows are coming, and maybe even win some exclusive Crunchyroll prizes!
  • Saturday September 26, 2015 4:30pm - 5:30pm
    Aniplex
    From the company that brought you Sword Art Online and Kill la Kill, Aniplex of America continues to bring fans the best in Anime! Come join us as we bring you the latest and greatest of what Aniplex of America has to offer in 2015. We will be showing the latest trailers, announcements and we’ll be giving rare prizes from Japan! Don’t Miss it!
  • Saturday September 26, 2015 6:30pm - 7:30pm
    AnimEigo Industry Panel
    Come hear about the latest ventures from this long standing anime company.
  • Saturday September 26, 2015 6:45pm - 7:45pm
    Vertical Industry Panel
    Manga publisher Vertical Comics returns to Anime Weekend Atlanta fresh off yet another year of growth. As the company continues to challenge the publishing market, Vertical's 2016 line-up will provide even more opportunities to broaden the collective horizons of the manga and American comics community by releasing more of the eclectic works the brand is notorious for.
  • Saturday September 26, 2015 8:30pm - 10:00pm
    Sekai Project Industry Panel
    Join one of North America's leading Visual Novel localization companies as we talk about our latest titles, our love of visual novels and manga and find out what on the horizon for one of the fastest growing companies out there.
  • Sunday September 27, 2015 11:30am - 12:30pm
    PONY CANYON USA Industry Panel
    Come and discover PONY CANYON USA! We’ll be telling you about our US anime titles and upcoming releases including Yuki Yuna is a Hero, ETOTAMA, Rokka, and Sound! Euphonium. See sneak previews, have a Q&A . and play Jan-ken-Pon (Japanese rock-paper-scissors)with us. We`ll have special prizes from Japan for the winners, and exclusive gifts for attendees - limited quantities, so get there early!
More here: http://schedule.awa-con.com/

Crunchyroll Got Anohana Drama.

Get those tissues ready, as the Anohana Drama comes to Crunchyroll this fall: Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day! Times and dates will be announced soon, but Crunchyroll members in the following territories will be able to watch: USA, Canada, Latin America, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and Europe.
CPOSFWVUAAALgHO.jpg

Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies, Episode 1
The anime announcement reminded me I had still had to play the fifth game. And yeah this totally counts as anime. ;) Best first case of the Ace Attorney games. The bloody message from the dead was actually halfway unpredictable.

I feel like I'm in a staggering minority, but AA5 might've tied as my favorite Ace Attorney game.

I LOVE Athena, I think she is a fantastic character and adore her design, I LOVE Simon and think he's one of the best prosecutors in the series and I thought the cases themselves were fun as shit and great to play through and they even made Apollo an actual character and great in it. Even the silly DLC case was a blast. The ending had it's share of...issues but the actual trial itself and everything leading to the reveals in it was tremendous.

Seriously, that game was a 5/5 for me.

Prison School 11

Wow, didn't expect that things would go so far. The entire office scene was so bizzare.
Also vice president seems almost grotesque, with her behaviour and all the sweating.

Yep, vice's point is sexuality at almost the point of grossness, and with the sweat it surpasses the point.

But ufff, Hana & Kiyoshi's scene. What a kiss. And really well done how she "broke", and started crying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom