• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shokugeki no Soma 10-12

Okay, this was better. Maybe cause I'm watching it at my own pace now but Tadakoro's expulsion thing was the best this show ever was and managed to make me warm up to her. And to Soma too. The comedy, with its breadth of reaction faces, started to hit the sweet spot more often too, particularly when Hinako was involved so I might yet change my previous, unfavourable assessment of the show.

dhXQAXH.gif

Glad you've found the way after all.

javac

Never realized that the Sinbad film from Nippon Animation came out. No idea on how the film turned out but I'm definitely going to watch it as I was looking forward to it. The art looks nice and the character designs are right up my alley. The film probably won't hold a candle to the various WMT works, but the art sure elicits the same feels I get when watching them :)

Apparently a sequel is out on January 16th 2016 and was just announced. Link to the trailer: シンドバッド 魔法のランプと動く島
Poster:
Some artwork:
Yoshiharu Sato is the Chief Animation Director and Character Designer.

The first film is out on DVD in Japan on the 25th of November 2015. ¥ 3,024 Yen @ Amazon.jp

Cornbread78

Shimoneta to lu gainen ga sonzai shinai taikutsu nasekai episode 4 holy shit did that jsut happen?
Did that just happen,
Show is breaking down barriers on a unfathomable level.

You missed all the great debates about Anna's
rape attemp
and if it would have been ok if the roles were reversed between the two of them. Good times.

The manga was much better. It wasn't about the most boring girl for one. It was about Celia instead.

I think Mia is supposed to be the heroine here, but there hasn't been any progress with any of the girls really. Totally stale..

So finally we are getting the BBB finale. Good stuff

EDIT: I just saw the AoT game footage, and it looks legit as fuck. Definitely gonna buy it, it's gonna be a cool way to revisit season 1 before season 2 airs next year.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Animator Expo
32. Neon Genesis Impact
Yuri set in NGE world, and somehow BuzzG composing song for this show. That was a surprise

31. I am Girl

This is quite colorful and fun. Surprise cameo from MEMEME
30. The Ultraman

It definitely feel like ultraman anime. Cool animation
29. Bureau for proto society
Hundred years from now on, dawn of the dead,COD, anime and district 9 will be classified as documentary. That punchline is awesome.

Cornbread78

So finally we are getting the BBB finale. Good stuff
EDIT: I just saw the AoT game footage, and it looks legit as fuck. Definitely gonna buy it, it's gonna be a cool way to revisit season 1 before season 2 airs next year.

See, my wife changed my gaming budget to basically $0.00, so with all these games coming out next year, I'm already crying just trying to figure out how I am going to buy any of them....

PS4:
Persona 5
Star Ocean 5
Final Fantasy VII (PC Port)
Dragon Quest 11
Nier 2
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3
$374.93 (assuming FFVII is still $14.99, $59.99 for the rest)

VITA:
Star Ocean: Second Evolution
SaGa Scarlet Grace
World of Final Fantasy
Project Setsuna
Yoru no Nai Kuni
Seiken Densetsu
$239.94 ($39.99 each)

Even if I just bought the big titles next year this is around $614.87 total (gotta love being in tax free NH). That isn't even scratching the surface with other stuff like Mass Effect that I'd really want next year. I need to find a get rich quick scheme... you guys have any ideas?

Russ T

Banned
https://twitter.com/kekkaisensen

Kekkai Sensen's finale will air on MBS on Oct 3, and on Tokyo MX on Oct 11. 46 minute long episode. Once it's out, I can finally marathon the show. Lol.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Also I don't even expect it to be worth the wait. Hell, even if it had aired the week it was supposed to, it probably wouldn't have been worth the wait. This better be some mind-blowing shit. ):<

See, my wife changed my gaming budget to basically $0.00, so with all these games coming out next year, I'm already crying just trying to figure out how I am going to buy any of them....

PS4:
Persona 5
Star Ocean 5
Dragon Quest 11
Nier 2
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3

VITA:
SaGa Scarlet Grace
World of Final Fantasy
Project Setsuna
Yoru no Nai Kuni
Seiken Densetsu
$239.94 ($39.99 each)

Even if I just bought the big titles next year this is around $614.87 total (gotta love being in tax free NH). That isn't even scratching the surface with other stuff like Mass Effect that I'd really want next year. I need to find a get rich quick scheme... you guys have any ideas?
All excellent choices, same as me. Sell your body and soul go the animes. It's the only way.

Kyuur

Kekkai Sensen's finale will air on MBS on Oct 3, and on Tokyo MX on Oct 11. 46 minute long episode. Once it's out, I can finally marathon the show. Lol.

I watched this (yet) but its cool to see they're doing it. Off the top of my head, Gatchaman: Crowds is another anime that would have benefit from a delayed + extended finale. I'm sure there are others.

Although from what I understand, this is really weird in the land of Japanese broadcasting. I wonder who they had to blow to make this happen.

The finale for Kekkai Sensen should hopefully look amazing. Praying we get OVA-tier BONES animation.
It would be a bit disappointing if after all this time it didn't look any different than any of the episodes that aired last season. Not that the show looked bad or anything, but they essentially had a whole season to work on this one episode

Yu-Gi-Oh! Episode 777 (Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Episode 73)
CPMKPULWUAE39e8.png

The OP for the all YGO series was nice, just kind of odd that Yugi seemed to not be redrawn but taken directly from some old YGO series back in the day. Oh well at least Yusei, Juudai, and Yuuma were there. And Yuuya had a great pose.

Good episode for those on TeamReira. I love him being inspired by Jack Atlus.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
You missed all the great debates about Anna's
rape attemp
and if it would have been ok if the roles were reversed between the two of them. Good times.

I think Mia is supposed to be the heroine here, but there hasn't been any progress with any of the girls really. Totally stale..

I actually had a incredible need to see what was animegaf's impressions in the last thread were so i went back to it, which was the 25th of july and read them, I do agree despite the humor it isnt like played up as "this should turn you on" there is a obvious "she is seriously going to rape him" tone if only slightly.

PS4:
Persona 5
Star Ocean 5
Dragon Quest 11
Nier 2
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3

VITA:
SaGa Scarlet Grace
World of Final Fantasy
Project Setsuna
Yoru no Nai Kuni
Seiken Densetsu
$239.94 ($39.99 each)

Thats like one paychecks worth of games on my end, and I spend more than that per year.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ushio and Tora Episode 12:

So we finally get some exposition on what is going on in what could be called the main story and indeed it looks the series is finally done with establishing shit and getting the team together for the real game to begin.

Do I even care anymore?

Did I even care to begin with?

Animator Expo
32. Neon Genesis Impact
Yuri set in NGE world, and somehow BuzzG composing song for this show. That was a surprise

I was reminded there was always girl love in Eva with Ritsuko and that girl on the bridge. Also I am pretty sure Mari and Asuka were hate fucking in 3.33. It's okay because they are actually 28!!!!

Cornbread78

Thats like one paychecks worth of games on my end, and I spend more than that per year.

Seriously, I need to hit Powerball, lol. Great for gamers with so many good titles coming out. Good times indeed.

I actually had a incredible need to see what was animegaf's impressions in the last thread were so i went back to it, which was the 25th of july and read them, I do agree despite the humor it isnt like played up as "this should turn you on" there is a obvious "she is seriously going to rape him" tone if only slightly.

Yeah, it was craziness. That isn't all, lol. Anna is a sexual tsundere, lol.

tumblr_nssfvf4YLH1tvkk7bo1_500.png

I'll have everyone know, I had to use Pizza sauce with the pasta I had for lunch since we ran out of spaghetti sauce and I made homemade pizza's over the weekend... Wasn't half bad....

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Do I even care anymore?

Did I even care to begin with?

I was reminded there was always girl love in Eva with Ritsuko and that girl on the bridge. Also I am pretty sure Mari and Asuka were hate fucking in 3.33. It's okay because they are actually 28!!!!

Oh right, Maya Ibuki.
Choosen children not growing is probably one of those thing in eva 3.33 that make me goes WTF the most.

Ushio and Tora 12

GBGvKIO.jpg

Woah, didn't expect Ushio to be a shitposter, surprising

Good to see some semblance of an overarching plot now. I hope this is the arc where Ushio and Tora stop being tsun tsun and finally just get along. The bus ride was great though

Oh right, Maya Ibuki.
Choosen children not growing is probably one of those thing in eva 3.33 that make me goes WTF the most.

Then they would have to change the character designs, like how SF Sakura is in her twenties and still wearing that sailor fuku

jbug617

Banned

PS4:
Persona 5
Star Ocean 5
Dragon Quest 11
Nier 2
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3

VITA:
SaGa Scarlet Grace
World of Final Fantasy
Project Setsuna
Yoru no Nai Kuni
Seiken Densetsu
$239.94 ($39.99 each)

Go to Best Buy and get Gamers Club Unlocked ($30 for 2 years). You save 20% off games and some games come with $10 Reward Certificates for preorders
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/regular...04/pcmcat338600050004.c?id=pcmcat338600050004

blurr

Gakkou Gurashi 11

Really intense episode, glad it didn't disappoint albeit it had some
pseudo super natural bits
which is passable I guess.

Yuki's farewell to Megu-nee was touching.

Ushio to Tora 12

Damn. Second best episode yet. Once again they're moving forward with the plot, and the 'side stories' of the MOTW episodes are all joining in, so they were plenty plot relevant. Good show.

Tora why
don't you admit already that you like Ushio? Whatever you'll come to save him next episode

Speaking of Tora, absolutely killed it this episode with the bus scene.

Even toras do anime girl pouty face.

Idolmaster CG 23

FgNc21f.jpg

just fuck me up

Pretty sure Uzuki said that she was going to do her best about 100 fucking times this episode. Uzuki is fine but her character arc is just going around in circles so I'm glad Rin was as sick of that shit as I was.

Gakkou Gurashi 11

Really intense episode, glad it didn't disappoint albeit it had some
pseudo super natural bits
which is passable I guess.

Yuki's farewell to Megu-nee was touching.

Pretty sure those were just hallucinations and memories. Even when aware, Yuki's mental state is pretty bad.

blurr

Pretty sure those were just hallucinations and memories. Even when aware, Yuki's mental state is pretty bad.

The memories bit wasn't a problem but
the hallucination was such that it guided Yuki to go for the exact solution they needed to get out of that situation, I'm probably being pedantic but I can't help but be bothered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom