• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prison School really does run a bizarre line between erotica and grotesquerie.

That's essentially what the VP is, lol

Bakemonogatari 14

sYgR1Aj.jpg
7YovfdW.jpg
VFkkS8N.jpg

Catgirl status - They are okay

ibyea

Banned
I feel like I'm in a staggering minority, but AA5 might've tied as my favorite Ace Attorney game.

I LOVE Athena, I think she is a fantastic character and adore her design, I LOVE Simon and think he's one of the best prosecutors in the series and I thought the cases themselves were fun as shit and great to play through and they even made Apollo an actual character and great in it. Even the silly DLC case was a blast. The ending had it's share of...issues but the actual trial itself and everything leading to the reveals in it was tremendous.

Seriously, that game was a 5/5 for me.

Good to know it's great! Granted I have loved every Ace Attorney case except 4-3.

Cornbread78

It's official, Hanna is Anna 2.0 but worse. What an evil douche, lol. Not sure how Kiyoshi keeps finding himself in those situations, but damn, watch out for madusa bro. Next week's final episode is gonna be dope.

Cornbread78

Classroom*Crisis ep.12
Well damn, I guess I have nothing bad to say about this craziness anymore. This episode was pretty good considering all the crap up to thus point. I'm actually looking forward to next week's finale now. I'm not sure how they are going to pull this off, but my guess is Iris is a hero..

SephLuis

Classroom Crisis 11

Outside of a very stupid moment by the characters, this is a good episode.

Pretty much going in the direction I expected. Should end this anime in a high note.

kewlmyc

From 600,000 lifetime sales before the anime began to over 2 million now, the Overlord boost is real. Original novel illustrator so-bin's celebratory artwork is the best:
https://twitter.com/over_lord_anime/status/644898596177838080

Not going to lie, kinda jealous Rokka isn't seeing the same success that Overlord is.

Considering all the reactions, I'm assuming we've gotten to the climax of Hana and Kiyoshi in the Prison School anime. I might have to got give it a watch to see if JCSTAFF did it justice.

Russ T

Banned
Not going to lie, kinda jealous Rokka isn't seeing the same success that Overlord is.

Yeah, that is a shame, I agree.

I've been super enjoying both, to be honest, but I really do think Rokka is the superior experience.

Overlord is just massive dumb fun, though. Can't be super bitter, 'cause I do like it a lot. :D

From 600,000 lifetime novel sales before the anime began to over 2 million now, the Overlord boost is real. Original novel illustrator so-bin's celebratory artwork is the best:

tumblr_nrptxc4DO31uxvmq9o4_540.gif

The sales were all part of his grand plan for this world.

Also, since there's more story left, I'd be pretty shocked if it didn't get another season with sales like that.

Broank

Huh, didn't expect that! The mindgames and Medusa were fun. I like how the 'holder' went higher and higher. I think Hanakawa is terrific as Hana.
Is there a reason for VP sweating so damn much? Do the poor lass suffer from extreme Hyperhidros?

I always kinda figured it was the physical manifestation of her (manga spoiler)
inner timid nature, from before Mari started taking care of her
but I think Mari actually mentions a few times she has a ridiculous metabolism.

javac

Since ya'll talking about Overlord, some Japanese artwork for Vol 1 and Vol 2 (6 Vols in total):

Overlord Blu-ray
Overlord Vol 1 Amazon Japan Exclusive [KADOKAWA]
Release Date: September 25, 2015
Run Time: 75 min
Audio: Japanese L-PCM
Subtitles:
Format: Single-disc set (1 BD) (Episodes 1 - 3)
Price:
BD @ Amazon.jp: ¥ 7,560 ($63)
Full set:
zp4OPM4.jpg

Cover:
WyLtLMg.jpg

Box:
BZUekgN.jpg

Overlord Vol 2 [KADOKAWA]
Release Date: October 28, 2015
Run Time: 50 min
Audio: Japanese L-PCM
Subtitles:
Format: Two-disc set (1 BD, 1 CD) (Episodes 4 - 5)
Price:
BD ¥ 7,000 ($59)
Full Set:
SVB1gR3.jpg

Cover:
ECZwF6J.jpg

jonjonaug

Prison School 11

the-rock-clapping.gif

Hana is excellent. No complaints.

It was everything I had ever hoped it would be.

But the best part is that this isn't even the best Hana event. With the most recent chapter, it isn't even in the top three. I hope everyone watching the Prison School anime picks up the manga after it's over.

Chaos Dragon End

Surprisingly heartwarming ending partially undermined by the fact
Lou gets away with everything and possibly gets her wish as well. Also kind of weird for her to be in the uplifting "friendship speech" when the narrative has treated her as a straight up villain.

Still a damn forgettable show. Don't see that too often from Urobuchi.

Rainy

Banned
Hey, has anyone played Omega Quintet and/or Tales of Xillia 2 are worth it for $12? I have just enough in my PSN wallet for one of those and Tales of Zestiria next month..

Xillia 2 is worth $12. Has an annoying debt system and has you do a bunch of small quests...but I kinda liked it (Moreso that ToX1). Story was interesting (by Tales standards) and battles were fun as always. Never played Omega Quintet.

Fairy Tail 251

Ooooh, that is a lot of stills. The animation budget is running low again.

That Happy/Minerva scene later on was pretty good though. And seeing Sting and Rogue fight, animation aside, was pretty fun.

Hey, has anyone played Omega Quintet and/or Tales of Xillia 2 are worth it for $12? I have just enough in my PSN wallet for one of those and Tales of Zestiria next month..

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/09/18/animation-flash-sale-live-now-on-playstation-store/
You see I always play Tales games, and never think they are mind blowing. They are there, they are okay to me. Xillia 2 is the same. It was okay, nothing mind blowing or anything but it had it's awesome and also sad moments here and there. Debt system was a bit annoying, but honestly if you don't constantly avoid encounters and such, you should be fine. I thought it was better than Xillia 1.

Cornbread78

Xillia 2 is worth $12. Has an annoying debt system and has you do a bunch of small quests...but I kinda liked it (Moreso that ToX1). Story was interesting (by Tales standards) and battles were fun as always. Never played Omega Quintet.

I really liked Xillia, but it got crazy insane towards the end, lol.

The battle system in Omega Quintet is fun as hell once you get the full party, but the story and characters are what you would expect from Idea Factory.

Well, alrighty then. Even though the story is just OK, is the content worth $12, or just wait until the PC version of FFVII launches next month with trophies? That's only going to be $15, right?

Chaos Dragon End

Still a damn forgettable show. Don't see that too often from Urobuchi.

To be fair, it was kind of screwed from the start. The whole thing came from a DnD game Urobuchi played with Nasu and other writers. I mean...how can you possibly get that to work as a 12-episode anime?

I hate to quote Sword Art Online, but Kirito said it best.

"There's nothing more boring than watching somebody play an RPG".

And from everything I've heard, that's exactly what Chaos Dragon is. You're literally watching someone's DnD game.

Saudades

Not impossible but the second arc is way longer then the first, dunno what they would do
I think you can still cut it after
Kate & Mari Ouroboros scene and before the sport meet
, but it's kinda too much a cliffhanger for something that pretty much happens right after, and not a clean break like this season. It would only work if there's a sure season 3.

Narag

Samurai Flamenco 4
Lots of QUALITY up in this one but Flamenco Girl's tactics were pretty funny.

Samurai Flamenco 5
Feels inspired to have left the letter from Masayoshi's grandfather until this ep, creating a sense of more legitimate origin story that can simply proceed since the principal players in a fairly large cast have already been established.

Nah, not too worried about that and it's kinda fun to go through it in its raw form.

I don't understand the desire to see awful art the creators were clearly unhappy with having to rush out, art which can confuse and obscure the storytelling, when there's a version that received more time to be able to come closer to the creators' vision. But that's just me.

duckroll

I don't understand the desire to see awful art the creators were clearly unhappy with having to rush out, art which can confuse and obscure the storytelling, when there's a version that received more time to be able to come closer to the creators' vision. But that's just me.

I think in this case it's just a matter of it not making much difference at all. There's some derpy art, missing shadows, and incomplete backgrounds here and there, but by and the large the show is what they wanted to make and it wasn't unfinished or missing scenes. I watched the broadcast version of the entire show and didn't feel that I really need to watch a "fixed" version. For people who spend hundreds on the home video versions, it's understandable that they deserve better quality if available, but it's hardly a deal breaker.

In the case of shows where the broadcast versions are missing entire scenes and episodes, that's a much bigger issue.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
A Letter to Momo

Yet another coming of age anime film featuring a teenage girl. I liked it, though. Not as good as Whispers of the Heart but better than The Cat Returns for sure.

The parallels to Wolf Children were also amusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom