• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Id prefer movie format. No more p4a and p4g tv anime nonsense.

I'd suppose which ever did better for them the movie releases or tv anime would be what we would get for persona 5.

It doesn't matter to much to me, I will just play and beat persona 5 and enjoy the story that way.

It's the ace attorney anime that I long to watch so I can see all of the reactions properly animated.

can't wait for next year for that one.

Saudades

Holy fuck I was just talking about how I'd watch a P5 Anime after seeing the TGS trailer yesterday.
Tho maybe not by A1 or Kishi.

Classroom Crisis 12

E9B1c3h.png
qZLcwC9.png

Cheeky girl is my favorite of the side characters, then the girl who has Koma-chans voice from Non Non Biyori and then the gruffy looking boy, although this is literally all there is to say about the side characters, still don't understand why they never expanded on them

Man, what a weird episode, isn't it stupid that they had to introduce a whole new roster of characters just to bail out Nagisa? like, couldn't they have thought of something better? This was kind of a cop-out.

It was fun to see Hatorri destroying everyone though, also that evil brother sure does like his domestic abuse, it's like they're doing everything to make him seem like a dick.

Oh, the best scene was the part where everyone got chain-backstabbed at that computer lmao.

Spoilers!
1) http://imgur.com/Yb7vt0v
2) http://imgur.com/ogLQb9S
3) http://imgur.com/siaXaut

Still, it was so obvious that Iris had to rescue Nagisa at some point that I never really felt any supsense in this episode, the show has improved though but it's still not worth anyone's time.

--------------

If I had to name two good things about the show it would be the character designs and the music, the animation also isn't that bad, I've definitely seen worse, even in this season.

I still don't know why they decide to take this super boring and predictable route with everything they had though, a waste of time and resources.

phaze

Haibane Renmei 11
"Time to end it"

That doesn't sound ominous at all Reki. At all.

Mawaru Penguindrum 05
010915q5bl3.jpg
01090945l2a.jpg
010912dubpu.jpg
010914avbkk.jpg

That escalated quickly. And I dunno, Ringo.
Great episode. It had: small introduction of the new, antagonistic character, insights on Kanba and his new, nefarious means of securing the money, Ringo tumbling down even further into the well of despair and the subversion of the usual penguin hat/princess/alien sequence. (pure gold) The many ingredients in the stew could have made it feel rushed and ruined it but the backbone of Kanba's backstory tied it all together very neatly.

+ The background war of penguin vs insects was hilarious.

Cinderella Girls 23

pCn8s3d.jpg
S5LeFW0.jpg

5MdYJIp.jpg

Damn that cold hard truth.

I have been loving this arc this series has been through. I'm surprised it took Rin and Mio so fucking long to actually have an intervention and actually fucking talk to Uzuki and figure out what the fuck was wrong. Shitty friends. Yeah Producer was trying but he can't do every fucking thing along with the fact his boss hates the way he deals with his idols plus he has a whole gaggle of other idols to look after as well.

The more I watch this the more I am actually disappointed by how stupid and silly the original series was.

Tuck

I have found sudden appreciation for Arslan Senki's second ED.

It's not as good as the first, but still pretty catchy. Wonder what they're saying lol.

blurr

Episode 5 Hyouka

Wow, this little mystery was so well written and narrated. I could keep up with everything Oreki was thinking without much effort. Really fluid progression.

Hyouka worth that hype? so far it is.

Also,
Mmmm Sayaka...

phaze

Mawaru Penguindrum 07-08
ndaxxyizzoo7.gif

That was some vicious and hilarious cliffhanger at the end of ep 7th.

It was all fun&games until a certain someone decided to go full Yuno. In some respects, maybe even beyond that. And you never go full Yuno. Cause that's creepy. And deranged. And evil. And thank God that scene didn't go any further.

I wasn't quite sure what to expect of Mawaru, having only seen and moderately liked Yuri Kuma, but this has been pretty great so far. Even if it feels like an acid trip sometimes/most of the time. And it's surprisingly funny too. Everytime Ringo is on screen she steals the show.

Aoharu x Machinegun Episode 12 [END]
tumblr_nuujxk415j1sl3fwmo2_540.gif

Great anime overall, I do think the plot point of Hotaru not being a guy ought to have just made Hotaru a guy anyway as it was a silly point for most of the show
and unimportant in the context of the anime overall, Hotaru never revealed this to the team anyway. So it kind of feels like an afterthought to the writer as well

8/10.

All this told me is that, as others mentioned, it looks very similar to hellsing in the way characters looked, and that there are people who do smiles in the face of danger. Which didn't tell me shit.

By the wording it doesn't seem like a series. A prologue special of some sort like Tales of Zesteria maybe?

It'd be downright silly to release an anime when the game isn't out yet. Sure most people will play the game as that's what you should do, but a small subset are likely to just watch the anime to get the main story and call it a day.

And yeah hopefully it's a prequel series. We already have an idea that the MC is a burglar when he gets there, maybe something showcasing his earlier years as he gathered fame?

does every shaft storyboard meeting begin with "just how abstract we can get? How far into our asses can we go?"

before one of the board members kicks the door open and puts the bag of acid and mushrooms on the table

I could never decide if I liked the art from Hellsing.

It has some nice touches, but everyone kinda follows the same template.

Mostly semi-attractive tall and thin people who have eyes and smiles that give the impression they're not quite all there.

blurr

I was pretty sure Penguindrum was a SHAFT anime until I actually checked it.

Loved its abstraction, particularly the survival strategy sequences, never got tired of them, so bizarre and amusing.

Gate 12 [END]

Edit: It's an adaptation of a LN, not an manga, I only read the manga though.

Unsatisfying would be the best word to describe this, maybe the producers didn't expect this show to be split-cour or maybe the source material just wouldn't fit really well but still, two episodes of setting up an arc that's nog even going to reach to something that's even close to a conclusion is a pretty weird point to end, oh well. You can't win 'em all I guess.

I actually read the manga up to this point, seems like they skipped a scene or are just going to use that scene to start the new season but I really disliked that part of the manga, to the point where I just gave up on it. Good that there's is a chance that we won't see it, or at least heavily censored.

The censorship is kind of a double-edged sword in this show, not showing gore basically invalidates the whole premise, after all, what's the point of having our Japanese gods mow down the filthy fantasy creatures when we can't even see some gore, just boring am I right?
Anyhow, a good thing that this censorship brings is that we didn't have to see the otaku pandering and stuff, never really liked that about the manga since it's there's just so much of it, one of the "lewd" scenes also made me rage-quit the manga as I said before.

In the end, Gate didn't deliver on it's concept in my opinion, I wanted something different out of a show that's Fantasy Vs Tech, something more self-aware or over the top, but hey, it is what it is I guess, can't really complain about that other than saying that it's just "not for me"

Fortunately Rokka will save us from this season of unremarkable "action" anime

-------

Oh, censorship aside, this is pretty good adaptation of the manga, the characters look better and the artstyle definitely improved, only thing that is a bit odd was that some side characters look completely different, but I don't want to jump the gun and make some weird conclusions with that info.

CGI sucks though, as always.

kewlmyc

Gate 12 [END]

Unsatisfying would be the best word to describe this, maybe the producers didn't expect this show to be split-cour or maybe the source material just wouldn't fit really well but still, two episodes of setting up an arc that's nog even going to reach to something that's even close to a conclusion is a pretty weird point to end, oh well. You can't win 'em all I guess.

I actually read the manga up to this point, seems like they skipped a scene or are just going to use that scene to start the new season but I really disliked that part of the manga, to the point where I just gave up on it. Good that there's is a chance that we won't see it, or at least heavily censored.

The censorship is kind of a double-edged sword in this show, not showing gore basically invalidates the whole premise, after all, what's the point of having our Japanese gods mow down the filthy fantasy creatures when we can't even see some gore, just boring am I right?
Anyhow, a good thing that this censorship brings is that we didn't have to see the otaku pandering and stuff, never really liked that about the manga since it's there's just so much of it, one of the "lewd" scenes also made me rage-quit the manga as I said before.

In the end, Gate didn't deliver on it's concept in my opinion, I wanted something different out of a show that's Fantasy Vs Tech, something more self-aware or over the top, but hey, it is what it is I guess, can't really complain about that other than saying that it's just "not for me"

Fortunately Rokka will save us from this season of unremarkable "action" anime

-------

Oh, censorship aside, this is pretty good adaptation of the manga, the characters look better and the artstyle definitely improved, only thing that is a bit odd was that some side characters look completely different, but I don't want to jump the gun and make some weird conclusions with that info.

CGI sucks though, as always.

I thought it was an adaption of a LN series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom