• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

Given the abyssal sales, I doubt Rokka is getting a S2.

A shame given it was a glimmer of hope for LN (Shimonetta too I guess, although it certainly less interesting and the overall message was ruined by the harem/LN attics in the second half) The author did a good job at subverting some expectations and I wouldn't mind having more of it.

Charlotte 12

Eh. What an inoffensive set-up episode. The series should've had this episode sooner instead of the episode before the last one so we don't have a massive "1-2 years later". Lol what a joke.

Also I want to remind everybody that instead of this boring ass shit
sKcmFvt.jpg

We could've had this**

I'M YUUUUU-CLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR! I'M STUUUUUUUUUUCK! IN THIS SHITTY ASS SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-OOOO-OOOOOOOOOOOW

**This was meant to be a military beret. Realized it looked like Link's hat at the end. Which only proves my point that Link would also look better as this.

Cornbread78

They really should have made this 2cours, instead if 1 and expanded the story. It would have given the story even more room to grow and prevented the pacing issues. With that being said, I really liked this episode from the moments of feels to finishing off the Yusarin/Takashi stories, to the
confession to Nao.
I doubt they will be able to build on it, which sucks,
as a "justice and good guy" version of Bonnie and Clyde would have been a really cool concept for them. Either way, the moment didn't feel forced, but at the same time it felt really incomplete.
Either way, I really liked the episide.

kewlmyc

I still can't get over how stupid this idea in Charlotte is.

"Hey, remember how you got your ass kicked by a 12 year old girl with a flashlight mouth and knife? Well I hope you're ready to take on a global crime organization and their trained X-Men by yourself with zero Intel to go off of."

At least he's getting laid if he succeeds.

"Hey, remember how you got your ass kicked by a 12 year old girl with a flashlight mouth and knife? Well I hope you're ready to take on a global crime organization and their trained X-Men by yourself with zero Intel to go off of."

I'm kind of sad somebody didn't pop out and scream

"HEY EVERYBODY! WE'RE ALL GONNA GET LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAID"

Cornbread78

Random thought:
He gave Tomori her mp3 player back. Does he actually plan on making it home?

Rokka END

Nyow that was a great episode. Hans Adlet scenes continued to be the most powerful things in the story, and making each other blush. Glad something happy developed between them and even Flamie over the course of the anime.
was so glad it wasnt the traditional Hime needs saving type of thing. She was annoying and glad she was a fiend of sorts. And crazy, ugh. I feel bad for Goldov as now it seems he has no purpose in life. And to think he liked her.

8/10, too slow to start (like only took off at ep4), but had one of my favorite duos of the season (Adlet and Hans). No memorable music or art either. But I love mystery stuff.

Tokyo Ghoul Root A Actual Storyboard Draft by the Manga Author Sui Ishida Translated.

http://sunset-tower.tumblr.com/post/129418629852/ishidas-root-a-storyboard-drafts-are-so-fun-to

Ahahahahha Studio Pierrot fucking skipped like 95% of the draft which is why the anime was garbage. Since the Director wanted to use his own ideas instead of actually following the draft of Root A, you get this crap. Kaneki was actually a character in the Draft, but in the anime they made him a Emo shit. I ended up enjoying reading the draft a hell lot more than actually watching Root A. Ahahahahaha fuck you Studio Pierrot/production committee.

I feel really bad for the Author because he spent hours upon hours working on this Draft to only get a garbage final product that skipped almost everything. The author even said his head was going to explode from exhaustion while writing the draft. The anime could of actually been quite solid if they had followed the draft.

This fucking hurts.... :( Tokyo Ghoul Root A is the Worst anime of 2015. I wished they gone with the original draft. Root A was a horrible mess which made no sense.

Also I hope Gangsta pays off big. because i feel this show is going to end on a cliffhanger or end really stupid.

DRRR!! X2 The Second Arc Episode 23
CPTfVdGUEAAYie5.jpg

Nice. I hope Mahouka Koukou shows up next time.

Walker part with Yellow Scarves was my favorite. Masaomi is such a better leader than the others, though I want to see Yellow Scarves v Blue Squares with Aoba should be interesting.

Chrome Kanra needs to be done next episode. Very compelling.

GATE 12

All hail Nippon and their cakes for they are the best in the world. Aside from that it's a bit annoying that we have to wait an entire season to see the continuation to this arc.

Working!!! 12

Woah at Yachiyo's decision! I'm sad that this show is almost over for good. It has been such a fun ride.

Cornbread78

Working ep.12
At least he finally made a decision, Kotori is lame and he needs toan up now. Surprised by the Yachiyo decision, but I guess everything closes out next week for the series, which is sad because this has been a great SoL anime to watch.

This fucking hurts.... :( Tokyo Ghoul Root A is the Worst anime of 2015. I wished they gone with the original draft. Root A was a horrible mess which made no sense.

Also I hope Gangsta pays off big. because i feel this show is going to end on a cliffhanger or end really stupid.

It was truly garbage, the only good thing about Root A were the Ending cards drawn by the manga author and Amarazshi.

Seriously though how could they fuck up this bad with the anime?

Rokka no Yusha 12 - END

Got the culprit right and I loved that ending. Seriously
I laughed at the new Brave(?) design. As awful and hilarious as that fiend in Adlet flashback

Great series. Glad I caught up.

Will wait for a S2 in next year. If it doesnt come, I will read the novels.

Classrom Crisis 12

Forgot to watch this yesterday. I mean everything is going to be alright right?

Shimoneta 12

Did shit actually go down or did my eyes fool me?!

Putting that on a worst of the year for anime is odd considering such boring anime with backwards art design like Nagato Yuki chan, and other dud anime that are filled with too deep for anime concepts like Blood Blockade Battlefront, snorefests like Log Horizon 2, and stuff like Mikagura. I shouldnt even have to mention Saint Seiya 2015.

I dont know why people hate TGRA, Ayato and Kaneki got extensive time to be all cool and epic.

Yes, my decision to avoid Charlotte, despite some good episodes apparently, was the correct one.

It's following my general rule regarding time travel.

Most stories that involve time travel, no matter how small, are usually terrible.

On the flip side, shows that involve traversing alternate universes are typically groovy.

Fox318

Aoharu x Machinegun

Thought it was gonna be a combat anime but it sucked.

How do you not reveal your gender at the end? Why hide your gender? We know little about the main character and why she is the way she is. She doesn't seem to identify as a male so why hide it? Plus the side characters felt cliche
wtzgU.gif

I should have dropped the show after episode 2. I don't think I'm the target audience

More people should watch Noein.

I have it preordered, but it got delayed! WHY GOD? WHY MU-ok, I'm fine.

Funi probably will put it up for streaming soon, and I'll just watch it then.

Also, more people should watch Yona of the Dawn, and know the sorrow that it'll never get a sequel.

DonMigs85

Yeah Shimoneta ep 12 seemed pretty rushed and anti-climactic. No true resolution of the story since they still have their collars and everything.

Hopefully Himouto has a better final episode

kewlmyc

Yeah Shimoneta ep 12 seemed pretty rushed and anti-climactic. No true resolution of the story since they still have their collars and everything.

Hopefully Himouto has a better final episode

It's an anime based on a light novel series. Those usually never have a resolution since they're advertisements for the light novels.

Charlotte 12

So that's what he's gonna do uh. Bitter sweet moment seeing the letter the sister left behind. Also is it just me or could literally this next episode be an entire show, just him traveling the world? how is it going to be done? Super fast forward through everything? Will we not see an ending at all? Also I kinda wanted Yuu to get the Big Boss look, but I guess they just went with the shut eye lol.

The windmill mobile suits are actually the most powerful in the Gundam Universe.

How many problems could have been solved if the main characters just piloted those?

Cornbread78

Well, that was something, I guess they masked it well, bu
t didn't for detective animeGAF
, lol. That was my original choice that changed several times over the course of the series. My question is,
if she was always a fiend, I thought she couldn't survive in the barrier. Also, how was she a princess in the human world? Was she a fake to all from the first episode?

On the whole, it was an excellent series and it sucks we won't get the second half of it.

, lol. That was my original choice that changed several times over the course of the series. My question is,
if she was always a fiend, I thought she couldn't survive in the barrier. Also, how was she a princess in the human world? Was she a fake to all from the first episode?

On the whole, it was an excellent series and it sucks we won't get the second half of it.

She wasn't a fiend

kewlmyc

She's not a fiend. She's working together with one. The fiend she's working with made a decoy of her to send into the barrier in case something went wrong. As for when she traded places with decoy, I don't know, but Bunny is definitely a human.

Cornbread78

She wasn't a fiend

She's not a fiend. She's working together with one. The fiend she's working with made a decoy of her to send into the barrier in case something went wrong. As for when she traded places with decoy, I don't know, but Bunny is definitely a human.

Oh, got ya. Did they explain that? How did I miss that fact... When they turned
into that valor, they said it was from a powerful fiend, I didn't realize it was a decoy.

Rokka 12 END

4d5052bb6f7b1c1fc211f95a9532b73e1435277939_full.jpg

Okay so this is definitely my AOTS. The ending was fantastic. I wanna say we will be getting a sequel, specially after
a totally brand new character is introduced. We are back to where we started with seven braves. And this new girl knows Adlet?!
But how many times do we get the non-ending in order to get people to buy the source material. Yeah someone needs to link me if possible to where these translations for the LNs are, because I will wait for a few months for some news, if we don't get them I'm going to have to read the novels. What a fantastic show this was. Again, my AOTS right here.

Rokka Overall
Really an interesting anime, what first looked like a action anime turned into a well thought out (though a bit weak) mystery story. Quite enjoyed how it kept you on your toes, unsure of how the hell did they pull off the trap. Outside of Chamot being psychopathic, all the characters were interesting to watch alone and when interrelating with each other. Obviously the worst thing the series had was the horrid CG work, those monsters were some of the worst I've ever seen. Luckily the monsters weren't the main focus so it worked out in the end.

7.5/10 (Good/Great)

Shimenta
....A dumb concept that was able to bring out some greatness (mostly due to Anna), but sadly just started to fall apart due to constantly repeated jokes and use of censoring 30% of all spoken dialogue. I really want to love the series more, but I just can't look past some of it's painful flaws that constantly came up. Also a weak final episode doesn't really help.

6/10 (Above Average)

kewlmyc

Oh, got ya. Did they explain that? How did I miss that fact... When they turned
into that valor, they said it was from a powerful fiend, I didn't realize it was a decoy.

Not sure. They might not have explained it in the anime, or they could have done a better job showing it was a decoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom