• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
This week's upcoming Animator Expo short: http://animatorexpo.com/news/122

Pretty creative localization for the title to go from "世界の国からこんにちは" to "Ragnarok".... :p

Edit: This was my old post from the previous thread about the designs for this short: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174714888&postcount=12926

Is that...

Is that a correctly drawn Union Jack/Flag?

It's a miracle!

This week's upcoming Animator Expo short: http://animatorexpo.com/news/122

Pretty creative localization for the title to go from "世界の国からこんにちは" to "Ragnarok".... :p

Edit: This was my old post from the previous thread about the designs for this short: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174714888&postcount=12926

Interesting. I think I might just give this one a watch.

If the mechs are 2D.

Jarmel

Banned
It's Katayama, so probably closer to Giant Robo and Big O. :p

The last time I heard "grounded G Gundam" we got Gigantic Formula, so.... I'll rather not hear that phrase again.

Never heard of Gigantic Formula before. Hmm let me check the Wiki page...

The series is set in the year 2035 A.D. After the excavation of Regions around the World 12 gigantic heads resembling the Greek Gods were uncovered. So far in the series the following countries/regions have been confirmed as having obtained one of the heads, Italy Roma Republic, Empire of North America, Central China, Caribbean Venezuela Republic, Original Greece, Great British Kingdom, France Union, East European Russia, Federated Egypt Africa Arabia, Japan Republic, Unified German Deutsch, and Hindustania. Each of the heads give out powerful energy capable of destroying large areas. Shortly after the 12 heads excavation a large portion of Earth was engulfed in flames. The areas include most of Africa, South America, and the entire Middle East, this phenomenon was called the "Equatorial Winter". For a time after the disaster the Nations of the world were unable to contact or get Satellite feed of each other due to a large wall of energy separating them.

Subsequently after each of the countries hired translators, who can speak to the heads and translate for them. The heads tell the countries to, Build them armor to fight with. So the countries each built large steel mechs with the heads as the power source to fight against other countries, To unify the World, and begins WWW, World's Wisest War.

WWW wwwwwwwwww

PK Gaming

Soredemo (1-6)

tumblr_n70zg6UsSU1tn7e6io1_500.gif

So, so glad I picked this up. It's funny, quirky, the characters are great (the protagonist steals the show), and the direction is stellar.

javac

New releases for 09/22/15.
Blu-ray
Hamatora The Animation: Season 1 Collection [Sentai]
Run Time: 300 min
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 / Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
Subtitles: English
Format: Two-disc set (2 BDs)
Price:
BD @ Rightstuf.com: $41.99
DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $35.99
fLTYfDOm.jpg

Sabagebu! - Survival Game Club!: Complete Collection [Sentai]
Audio: Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
Price:
BD @ Rightstuf.com: $35.99
DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $29.99
o45RLIMm.jpg

Selector Infected WIXOSS: The Complete Collection [Funimation]
Audio: English: Dolby TrueHD 2.0, Japanese: Dolby TrueHD 2.0
Format: Four-disc set (2 BDs, 2 DVDs)
Price:
BD/DVD Standard Edition @ Rightstuf.com: $42.24
BD/DVD Limited Edition @ Rightstuf.com: $45.49
SE:
zgpoiqum.jpg

LE:
SC9GWepm.jpg

Shin Getter Robo vs Neo Getter Robo [Diskotek]
Run Time: 120 min
Audio: Japanese
Format: One-disc set (1 BD)
Price:
BD @ Rightstuf.com: $16.22
6ZD6IxKm.jpg

Space Dandy: Season 2 Collection [Funimation]
Run Time: 325 min
Audio: English: Dolby TrueHD 5.1 / Japanese: Dolby TrueHD 2.0
Format: Four-disc set (2 BDs(50GB), 2 DVDs)
Price:
BD/DVD Limited Edition (FUNimation Exclusive) @ funimation.com: $56.24
SE:
feqpgNVm.jpg

LE:
yonNDazm.jpg

kcXpqY1l.jpg

Sword Art Online II Volume 2: Phantom Bullet: Part 2 [Aniplex]
Run Time: 200 min
Audio: Japanese: LPCM 2.0 / English: Dolby Digital 2.0
Subtitles: English / Spanish
Price:
Standard BD @ Rightstuf.com: $69.98
Standard DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $39.98
Limited Edition BD @ Rightstuf.com: $89.98
Standard:
msD1mbLm.jpg

Limited:
AnwDARPl.jpg

The Pilot's Love Song: Complete Series Premium Edition [NIS]
Run Time: 308 min
Audio: Japanese
Price:
BD @ Rightstuf.com: $48.74
VBNosO2m.jpg

QKbYTBU.png

Tokyo Ghoul: Season 1 Collection [Funimation]
Audio: English: Dolby TrueHD 5.1 / Japanese: Dolby TrueHD 2.0
Format: Four-disc set (2 BDs (50GB), 2 DVDs)
Price:
BD/DVD Limited Edition @ Rightstuf.com: $45.49
BDak4mSm.jpg

DVD
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Season 1 [Warner]
Run Time: 624 min
Audio: English / Japanese
Subtitles: English / Spanish
Format: Three-disc set (3 DVDs)
Price:
DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $39.99
OE4H21zm.jpg

Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust [Diskotek]
Run Time: 105 min
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 5.1
Format: One-disc set (1 DVD)
Price:
DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $12.98
EpRuP6Rm.jpg

Kyuur

Soredemo (1-6)

tumblr_n70zg6UsSU1tn7e6io1_500.gif

So, so glad I picked this up. It's funny, quirky, the characters are great (the protagonist steals the show), and the direction is stellar.

Gif is awesome. I've found it listed as a slice of life/comedy, can you confirm how trope-y it is? Any monotone lolis, harems, blatant fan service?

Edit: Wiki says seinen, so maybe I'm in luck in this regard?

Russ T

Banned
Any monotone lolis, harems, blatant fan service?

Nope.

EDIT: Miiiight be a bit of what could qualify as fan service, I can't remember. The manga definitely has no qualms about showing some underwear from time to time, but it feels significantly less pandering than the usual shit, somehow.

I am biased though because this is my favorite manga.

PK Gaming

Gif is awesome. I've found it listed as a slice of life/comedy, can you confirm how trope-y it is? Any monotone lolis, harems, blatant fan service?

Edit: Wiki says seinen, so maybe I'm in luck in this regard?

It doesn't really indulge in tropes, no. There isn't any blatant fanservice either, though one of the characters is well endowed and they play with that from time to time. It's never grating though.

Cornbread78

OK guys, now I've seen it. I don't want to hear anyone $hit on Maeda ever again fora sudden tone shift, because my goodness, that was something straight outta Gansta, not SamFlam... Wow..

That Sereph of the End trailer does give me some hope....

Come on Wit Studio, have a show besides AOT that doesn't crash and burn at the end!

To be honest though, that's probably the only set of scenes with a budget that high. It'll come back to earth outside of that.

I hope the animation quality stays that high though.
Doubtful. Animation quality fell of a cliff pretty hard in the first season and the last couple of episodes were a fucking joke, quality wise.

Sölf;179529607 said:
That would imply it was good in the beginning. But Seraph S1 became bad pretty quickly.

I was referencing more of the animation aspects.

But Sereph isn't a terrible show, it's alright. Maybe it's so bad it's good, and I've just never realized it or something.

tumblr_inline_npeekyg8S31tp60fd_500.gif

Or maybe it's because it has a character who fights with a scythe, and it's filling the spot where Soul Eater Brotherhood should be.

Sölf

https://38.media.tumblr.com/8c9de283fdf5024278bc41bf5585a32e/tumblr_inline_npeekyg8S31tp60fd_500.gif[/IMG]
Or maybe it's because it has a character who fights with a scythe, and it's filling the spot where Soul Eater Brotherhood should be.

Well, Troll girl™ was the one redeeming factor of the show. We watched that during our weekly stream and ugh, it was just boring and the main character is just so damn stupid. Or stuff like "Oh, we will now fight you" *blends over to commercials* *show begins again, fight is over* "wat"

I am actually willing to watch S2, just to see if it becomes better or worse (or just stay boring). Last time Aldnoah S2 basically destroyed everything that was good about it in the first episode of S2, aaaaah!

Squishy3

OK guys, now I've seen it. I don't want to hear anyone $hit on Maeda ever again fora sudden tone shift, because my goodness, that was something straight outta Gansta, not SamFlam... Wow..
The difference is this manages to remain good
Also with Maeda/Key stuff you know something tragic is just going to happen, and some people just don't think it's done in an interesting enough way to be done for every single property done by them. I've never watched a Key series, stuff has just never appealed to me.

It's fine to like them, but then also giving people flack for liking Sam Flam's tonal shift yet not liking Maeda/Key stuff is weird... especially when you haven't finished Sam Flam yet. :p I don't think another series exists that's anything like Samurai Flamenco, it's really unique, for better or worse, depending on who you ask.

Nope.

EDIT: Miiiight be a bit of what could qualify as fan service, I can't remember. The manga definitely has no qualms about showing some underwear from time to time, but it feels significantly less pandering than the usual shit, somehow.

I am biased though because this is my favorite manga.

The first episode has a scene where the protagonist facefaults into a blatent pantyshot that's lifted straight from the first chapter of the manga. But I can't think of anything afterwards that could be described as fanservice. The series certainly isn't a narrowly otaku-aimed one.

That Sereph of the End trailer does give me some hope....

Come on Wit Studio, have a show besides AOT that doesn't crash and burn at the end!

That show would be called Hozuki no Reitetsu.

phaze

The first episode has a scene where the protagonist facefaults into a blatent pantyshot that's lifted straight from the first chapter of the manga. But I can't think of anything afterwards that could be described as fanservice. The series certainly isn't a narrowly otaku-aimed one.

There were some bathscenes too that I remember being quite revealing.

Shokugeki no Soma 23
Caught up. Eps 12-13 in particular (Megumi expulsion thing) and the camp arc in general was the show at its best. The election arc got a bit too repetitive, the constant stream of dishes and the resulting overreactions of the judges get tiring. A lot of the things that rubbed me the wrong way in the first 8 episodes are still there but I dunno, somehow they ended up not bothering me as much this time. I suppose warming up too Soma&Megumi helped and so did the expanded and quirky cast of new characters. (Where is Hinako at though.) Fairly decent and weirdly relaxing show.

Cornbread78

Also with Maeda/Key stuff you know something tragic is just going to happen, and some people just don't think it's done in an interesting enough way to be done for every single property done by them. I've never watched a Key series, stuff has just never appealed to me.

It's fine to like them, but then also giving people flack for liking Sam Flam's tonal shift yet not liking Maeda/Key stuff is weird... especially when you haven't finished Sam Flam yet. :p I don't think another series exists that's anything like Samurai Flamenco, it's really unique, for better or worse, depending on who you ask.

I was referring to the "sudden event" lol. Oh well. Not saying I dislike it at all. We'll see where the story goes from here.

If Flamenco was more of what it was from episodes 1 to 6 I'm pretty sure I would have loved it. It hit all the right notes, it was funny, engaging. Then it went batshit crazy and I just couldn't keep up

Pillow Boys 11

Wow I'm actually a girl.

My immersion!!

Million Doll 11 [END]

Nothing really happened in this, it was just setting up stuff or something, this ending wasn't really satisfying.

Worth my time for the decent music, recognizable VA's, hilarious CGI and (I think) realistic look in Idol culture, meh otherwise

Cornbread78

Actually, I Am ( Jitsu wa Watashi wa)ep.12:
Very good episode setting up the climax next week. Kinda got those feels, ya know.. You kinda feel bad for class rep, but she's an alien man; he's better of with Shiragami. Let's see how they close this series off, but it's been really good so far.

phaze

Mawaru Penguindrum 14-15
04qzmxl9vlho.gif

The award for the most fucked up father goes to mr deranged sculptor. And did they just, after teasing it the first OP, just introduce
some parallel universe(s) business ? Transferring fates seems almost like shifting world lines.

Apparently Yuri Kuma wasn't enough to hammer down that lesson but after this, I'll surely remember what to expect, if a character with a name that contains the magical word "Yuri" shows up in Utena.

Ringo can't catch a break can she ? At least Shouma's "You will never forgive me so let's stop seeing each other" fit didn't last long.

The new OP and ED are unfortunately a stepdown from the previous set, I especially miss the glorious shift from episode title card into ED.

Sölf

So with the next season almost upon us, what shows are people looking forward to?

Nearly none. IN our weekly stream we will most likely watch One Punch Man, Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider and Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru. Maybe a fourth one. But aside from them, there is basically nothing I really wanna see. Some other good shows, like Noragami, I never saw S1, so I can't really watch that. Will probably use the time to watch some older shows I still have to finish.

Squishy3

Kind of a meh season for me. Only show I'm picking up is One Punch Man. Summer was better. I will watch Owarimonogatari and Garo sometime but I need to get through the previous seasons of those.

Putting my hype in Concrete Revolutio.

Go big or go home

Edit:

Nobody said Haikyuu yet? It's probably one of the only shows that's actually going to be good.

phaze

So with the next season almost upon us, what shows are people looking forward to?

High expectations: Owarimonogatari

Should be alright: One Punch Man, Noragami

Hopefully will be good: Kagewani, Kowabon

Might give it a try later down the line if impressions are good: Subete ga F Ni Naru, Concrete Revolution, Gundam (blergh).

+ Obviously, any other shows that seem up my alley and will gain traction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom