• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KanameYuuki

Wait so Okusama ga SeitoKachou is only 12 episodes, there was no conclusion what so ever in the last episode, nothing happened really : |

Narag

1sH3NNcl.jpg

Droplet

If Flamenco was more of what it was from episodes 1 to 6 I'm pretty sure I would have loved it. It hit all the right notes, it was funny, engaging. Then it went batshit crazy and I just couldn't keep up

You should keep watching, I found that even with all the batshit insanity visually, thematically it was quite grounded.

Russ T

Banned
Sölf;179563903 said:
I only took a quick look. xD

After looking at it again, I recognized Usagi and Utena (even though that one I still haven't seen yet). But that's Bulma? Okay then. :eek:

Very first Bulma, I think, yeah.

Bulma.jpg

Anyway that's disgusting I am disgusted.

Mailbox

The first season of Rabbit was actually good, I'd have much higher expectations for it than Yuru Yuri under this new staff.

the first season of Rabbit was basically KinMoza with a different cast and setting.
(that is to say, enjoyable, but yeah they are basically the same thing)

pretty sure next season will be very enjoyable, but we won't have as many surprise enjoyable stuff as we did this season.

Tenumi

Banned
And now I'm remembering I should get back to Dragonball sometime soon... still somewhere in the middle of the Red Ribbon Army stuff.

duckroll

In theory next season I should be watching at least:
- G Tekketsu
- Haikyu S2
- Noragami S2
- Concrete Revolutio
- One Punch Man

In practice I will probably watch 2-3 episodes of each and then get distracted by some new game/TV show/comics and build up a backlog until I decide to finish 2-3 of those shows by the end of the season. Lol.

KanameYuuki

In practice I will probably watch 2-3 episodes of each and then get distracted by some new game/TV show/comics and build up a backlog until I decide to finish 2-3 of those shows by the end of the season. Lol.

Isn't that the only real and true way of watching anime?

Priz

Wakako-zake 12 [End]

I'll miss this weekly dose of comfortness.

:(
Same, love this show so much...
now I am tempted on making a trip out to Hiroshima on my next Japan trip for that one book the creator wrote...

(She is still awesome. https://twitter.com/chiezoooou/status/645922115183509506 )

Those roasted Ginkgo nuts sounded interesting... but then I read up on them and now I'm not so sure I want to try them!

http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/10/the-nasty-bits-gingko-nuts.html
Last week I received an email from Kenji with something to the effect of, "There is a ginkgo tree outside of the office. It bears fruit that smells like dog excrement. The nuts inside are good to eat."

Oh, the smell! Noxious, acidic fumes penetrated every corner of the office, even with windows open, when we retreated back to headquarters with step-ladder, broom, and puppy in tow. And for the rest of the day the tips of my fingers stank of Cheetos-reminiscent funk, a not entirely hapless state of affairs had I not needed to be around other people. What is that smell? innocent people on the train asked one another, as I furiously balled up my fists and stuck them into my pockets.

When eaten in large quantities (over 5 seeds a day) or over a long period, especially by children, the gametophyte (meat) of the seed can cause poisoning by MPN (4-methoxypyridoxine). MPN is heat stable and not destroyed by cooking. Studies have demonstrated that convulsions caused by MPN can be prevented or terminated with pyridoxine.

Some people are sensitive to the chemicals in the sarcotesta, the outer fleshy coating. These people should handle the seeds with care when preparing the seeds for consumption, wearing disposable gloves. The symptoms are dermatitis or blisters similar to that caused by contact with poison ivy. However, seeds with the fleshy coating removed are perfectly safe to handle.

Nisemonogatari 01-02

That first scene before the OP in episode 1 was uh...odd. I first thought it was some kind of fetish play because it seems like Senjougahara would be into that. I assume that will come into play later somehow. I don't even know where this is going to be honest. The story seems to be about Araragi's sisters but they haven't really come into focus or developed any oddities yet. It's pretty obvious but the main difference right now is that it is really, really focusing on the sexual elements. Not like Bake was prudish but that Kanbaru scene was something else. I know that's just the tip of the iceberg too. I've seen the webms!

But why the egg motif? Bee's don't lay eggs, or at least not eggs like a chickens. I guess Phoenix's would but they aren't even real!

I am happy. You have to be a constant shill to get these sorts of things any attention around here.

Well of course. It's kind of the same thing with two other shows that aired a little while ago, Rowdy Sumo Wrestler Matsutaro and Kindaichi Case Files R, I don't believe people watched either here. Both are those kinds of shows that are really only popular in Japan, kind of like Sazae-san or Anpanman either because catching up on the series would be impossible to begin with or there just isn't enough of it translated and ready for viewing, even shows like Detective Conan are like that. I'm kind of struggling to write out a coherent point but a good reverse example would be the strength of the Xbox brand in America vs the strength of the Xbox brand in Japan.

If someone wasn't trying to push it nobody would give it a second glance. That's not to say these shows can't be good.

sonicmj1

What I am going to be watching next season:

- Clannad After Story
- Armored Trooper VOTOMS
- Mushishi
- Some episodes of shows that I'll drop

That's the goal at least.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
So with the next season almost upon us, what shows are people looking forward to?
Nothing but the leftovers:

• Ushio and Tora
  • Dragon Ball Super

And whatever seems appealing:

• One Punch Man
  • Young Jack Black
  • That Fist of the north Star thing

And to see what is up with Valkyria Drive.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I bet Goutou's girlfriend doesn't exist. He just texts himself.

You should keep watching, I found that even with all the batshit insanity visually, thematically it was quite grounded.

I tried man I really did. After episode 7 I even adapted. Then the second impact (PRE-SUBMIT EDIT: Eva is still in my mind clearly) came with episode 11, and that was when I went "nope".

JulianImp

Edit: oh, and before you watch any further, brush your teeth.

Oh, you...!

Nise's really something, but you can rest assured that the show gets a lot tamer after this (well, except for anything
black Hanekawa
).

Also, you'd better prepare yourself for trouble the awesomeness that is Kaiki Deishuu.

Cornbread78

No seriously what is up with those goddamn eggs

Well, you are about to meet the family he's been distanced from, lol. Siblings are great! Enough with the toothbrush jokes everone, let it happen organically. ..

Honey and Clover ep. 16-18
Damn, kicking in the feels pretty hard for Takemoto and Ayumi mostly. Their unrequited loves are tough to watch, but the growing pains continue for those two. Can't believe that Morito job reveal; that was hilarious.

Shirayuki 12

And so the first part ends. Glad this will be back in a few months, it was a pretty satisfying show, full of charisma. Loved the characters and their interactions. This and GATE will make for a fine Winter, along with whatever else is on at the time.

javac

Next season I will be...done watching Giant Gorg and will be watching...City Hunter 3, House of Five Leaves and maybe Nobody's Boy Remi? Have a bunch films and OVA's too. Ushiro no Shoumen Daare, Dog of Flanders, Junkers Come Here, Nitaboh, Marco, My Daddy Long Legs...

Why is my backlog so fucking good, I just want to kiss it.

John Blade

Look like people is now posting what show they will watch this fall. I guess, here is mine I am going to watch in the fall as of now. This might change a bit if I get something in during that time.

Current Watch
His and Her Circumstances (Almost done the show. Just two episodes left and now slowly writing an impression of the show as I am getting closer to the end).
You're Under Arrest: Full Throttle (Pass the halfway mark now and watching it when I need some change of pace when watching my current anime).

Future Watch
Blue Seed (No expectation for this show).
Blue Seed 2 (No expectation for this show).
New Dominion Tank Police (Some expectation as I did saw the original one a bit long time ago).
Last Exile: Fam, the Silver Wing (Love the original show so, have high expectation for this show).
RahXephon (No expectation for this show).
RahXephon: Harmonic Convergence (No expectation for this movie).

Surprise Watch
Madlax
GTO Great Teacher Onizuka
Flag

Droplet

I tried man I really did. After episode 7 I even adapted. Then the second impact (PRE-SUBMIT EDIT: Eva is still in my mind clearly) came with episode 11, and that was when I went "nope".

Haha, I know what you mean, that's actually where I dropped the show when it was airing. Later I went back and watched the whole thing with a friend and we treated those episodes like the comedy they were, and it worked out much better. I think the main turn off of the series, aside from episode 7 in general, is the sheer amount of fluff from then on. (sorta not really spoilers at all)
Then again, it's hard to really categorize it, because the content being fluffy is also kind of the point.

So with the next season almost upon us, what shows are people looking forward to?

Sequels to stuff I liked
Garo: Guren no Tsuki
K: Return of Kings
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka??
Soukyuu no Fafner: Exodus 2 (I will have caught up by then)

Originals that might be alright
Comet Lucifer
Concrete Revolutio
Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans

Light novel trash that might entertain me
Heavy Object
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk

One Punch Man
One Punch Man

Backlog
Victory Gundam

Most likely will drop half or more of them, let's see how it goes.

sonicmj1

Clannad After Story 4: Sunohara Arc End

I was worried he'd wind up playing soccer. But after that classroom confrontation, I knew what had to happen. The rest was just impatience at waiting for people to get out of the way.

VzbN9gupkkXp6.gif

Men must communicate with their fists! This is how feelings are meant to be conveyed!

Unfortunately, there was no cross counter, so it was ultimately a little disappointing. Toradora had a manlier fight between women. Kyoto Animation really let me down here.

Sunohara didn't get served as much as I'd hoped, but the structure of the drama and its conclusion was still way better than anything in After Story. Good on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom