• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamst3r

Restarted Jojo Stardust Crusaders - Egypt Arc and finished it. Stardust Crusaders is one of those shows with huge swings between the stuff I love and the shit I fucking hate, making it a difficult series to rate. Still, I hope they adapt more of the Jojo stuff and it's not as doofy as Stardust Crusaders. I liked Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency more.

Monster Musume 1

I was idly waiting for a download to be done so I decided to just kill some time with this.

I read the manga so I didn't give the show a shot because I didn't really expect either the humor or charm to carry over well and just have the ecchi be done poorly.

That said, color me surprised. Pretty darn faithful and Darling is animated and voiced very well to keep a lot of what makes him one of the more fun "generic" MCs going. Decent comedic timing, decent animation (1st episode so who knows if that remains true), decent boobs. You know, just a sort of fun, mindless watch.

Doesn't hurt that the ED has the best secondary characters by far, Smith and the police girls. Love that zombie.

Gonna be a couple episodes til best Monster Girl shows up (Rachnee) but I think I'll give this show a watch now. Pleasant surprise.

Jintor

Non Non Biyori Repeat - 12 [END]

I think this show as a whole (both seasons) probably has to go up there on my best of all time list. Especially with Repeat it graduated past its few misteps to become one of the most touching, relaxing, and all around feel-good anime I've ever watched.

Teared up during the extended ED just because it was all over.

Season 3 when.

:(

I don't think my heart could take another concentrated season of boring (also they might have run out of manga to adapt)

Welp Rokka didn't do good, to put lightly.

BR Sales Sep 14-20

Blu-ray
*1. 8,751 **8,751 Kekkai Sensen Vol.4
*2. 6,009 **6,009 Hibike! Euphonium Vol.4
*3. 4,354 **4,354 Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Blu-ray BOX
*4. 4,333 **4,333 Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou Vol.1
*5. 4,232 **4,232 Show By Rock!! Vol.4
*6. 4,005 **4,005 Non Non Biyori Repeat Vol.1
*7. 3,691 **3,691 Himouto! Umaru-chan Vol.1
*8. 3,201 **3,201 Haikyuu!! Movie 1: Owari to Hajimari
*9. 2,311 **2,311 Grisaia no Rakuen Vol.2 Limited Edition
10. 1,951 **1,951 Tesagure! Bukatsumono Spin-off: Purupurun Sharumu to Asobou Vol.4

11. 1,132 **1,132 Akatsuki no Yona Vol.5
12. 1,064 **1,064 Wakaba*Girl Vol.1 Limited Edition
13. *,837 *16,409 The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Vol.4 Limited Edition
14. *,711 ***,711 Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 50 Vol.6
15. *,577 *17,227 Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions Vol.3 (CD Bundle)
16. *,551 ***,551 Rokka no Yuusha Vol.1
17. *,452 ***,452 Re-Kan! Vol.3
18. *,446 ***,446 Danchigai

So it sold around half of what the first volume of S1 sold?

MebsK05.gif

Non Non Biyori Repeat - 12 [END]
Teared up during the extended ED just because it was all over.

I feel you brother :*(

I don't think my heart could take another concentrated season of boring (also they might have run out of manga to adapt)

I felt that the whole "let's do this again next year" at the end was at least some conformation, it also doesn't seem that hard to make more content of this.

But hey, I'm a K-on! fan, believing in a third season that never comes is what I do best.

No way
This makes me question reality.

kewlmyc

BR Sales Sep 14-20

Blu-ray
10. 1,951 **1,951 Tesagure! Bukatsumono Spin-off: Purupurun Sharumu to Asobou Vol.4

Rokka to be expected, but I thought Umaru would sell more.

Mendrox

What a shame. Guessing a sequel is pretty unlikely huh?

China streaming services and users love Rokka so a second season is very likely. This will shift many other series in the future to more sequels I guess.

Edit: Nice to see Monster Musume doing well...lol.

Cornbread78

DEATH™;179596148 said:
So, after Umaru, I won't have any SOL series to follow till next year?
How can I survive my sem now?

http://myanimelist.net/anime/29787/Gochuumon_wa_Usagi_Desu_ka

That's about it. Oh, and Yaru Yari

Why look forward to an anime that has romance when chances are it's most likely going to be shit?

It's always worth a shot. We never know when amazing happens.

Oh there are definitely romance anime next season, just depends if you want one without the harem or mecha tag too.

Truth. The sad cold truth for this fall. It truly is time to catch up on even more backlog because it looks like this season is gonna suck. Dammit Gate and Shirayuki-hime, why the season break?

BR Sales Sep 14-20

Blu-ray

Fuckkk worse than I thought. Looking at some of the stuff above it makes me roll my eyes. Japan, you are truly something else. This is why we can't get nice things.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Happy birthday Nintendoman58
God Eater 9
Next episode is final? For real? No chance of Bamco to release the episode on web or OVA? Shame...

God Eater 9
Next episode is final? For real? No chance of Bamco to release the episode on web or OVA? Shame...
Happy day of birth!

That's what I'm saying! Just continue the show on Daisuki. Heck you can even continue doing the whole one week break between every two episodes, I don't care!

Joukamachi no Dandelion 12 END

Huh, the winner of the election was actually a lot more predictable than I was expecting it to be. Overall this was just an ok show. Nothing fantastic, just your average anime show.

God Eater 9

The TV channel Tokyo MX is on the God Eater production committee, and I doubt they would agree to a distribution method for the final episodes that did not involve them airing on their channel.

John Blade

Just finish watching his and her circumstances and yea....not happy and I will write about this in my impression. Not happy at all.

Busaiku

So the real reason Blood Blockade Battlefront was delayed was cause the original ending was probably more final, and now they retooled it so it leaves the future open, right.

Sölf

Is Kekkai Sensen any good? I only watched the first episode and found that "okay", but not more. Does it get better?

Sterok

Go Princess Precure 33

Pity that Kuroro doesn't remember anything. This episode is a perfect example of why body language is important. Kirara made this episode through that alone. Along with asking the important question of what Shamour does of course. The black cats totally won that fashion contest. Shut is still the best villain. Westar would be proud. Seems that Shamour is capable in combat if she has to be.

Russ T

Banned
Sölf;179613682 said:
Is Kekkai Sensen any good? I only watched the first episode and found that "okay", but not more. Does it get better?

The characters are fun, the small episode-by-episode moments are really good.

But the overall plot is boring as shit.

So I guess it depends on what you're looking for. I enjoy the stuff I enjoy a lot more than I don't give a shit about the stuff I don't enjoy.

Qurupeke

Noragami 3-12+OVAs

That was fun to watch. I expected it more action based but fortunately that's not the case. Some nice comedy and a quite nice tone over all. The characters are also quite charming, even though I disliked Yukine a lot at first. Not a big fan of Yato too, but he's okay. The supporting cast and Hiyori are fantastic though.

Ready for S2 now. I hope it will focus on Nora and Bishamon more. Nora,especially, was pretty interesting.

^

Yukine is the worst and if they ever want to touch his overly whiny nature again, the better actually tackle his backstory or whatever's the cause for all that. Couldn't believe we never got to know anything about Yukine despite going through all that crap. When the arc concerning his corruption was finally over I was hoping that, despite it's rather unsatisfying conclusion, Yukine would at least no longer be a running waterfall. ...

And then he did little more than crying for the final episodes, too, fml.

This season only had two OPs that I didn't skip, for some reason. Umaru and Gangsta. The others depended on my mood lol. Like Rokka's was great then it changed, then the last episode brought it back.

kewlmyc

I guess Umaru isn't going to be the mascot for all things anime after all.

It's selling a shitton of merchandise, so I guess it's still a success. Like how Overlord might not sell great on BD, but the LNs have been selling like hotcakes since the anime premiered.

Sucks for anyone not in Japan though, since we have to rely on fan-translations or wait 4 years for the novels to be eventually released in the west.

Russ T

Banned
I do try to watch OPs more after discovering the What's in an OP YouTube series.

I honestly never really approached them from this angle before a couple months ago, but it's pretty neat to realize they're more than just fun videos with songs attached.

blurr

Sölf;179613682 said:

Oh you should definitely watch more of it, it has style as everyone mentioned but the real star of the show is the setting. It's ridiculous and fun albeit, there isn't much to say about the story immediately.

Non Non Biyori Repeat 12

After one hectic and tiresome bus trip back home, this is just what I needed.

I have to say, I think I prefer watching SoLs at my own pace rather than a weekly thing. There were certain points where it felt like a chore watching which kind of hindered my experience for some episodes. This was on par with the previous season and at times, hit home hard.

Ascheroth

I do try to watch OPs more after discovering the What's in an OP YouTube series.

I honestly never really approached them from this angle before a couple months ago, but it's pretty neat to realize they're more than just fun videos with songs attached.

I always listen to OPs (except if I don't like them) but I usually only watch them once or twice. Afterwards I do something else while they run in the background, like browsing GAF :p.

Oh you should definitely watch more of it, it has style as everyone mentioned but the real star of the show is the setting. It's ridiculous and fun albeit, there isn't much to say about the story immediately.

This so much. The setting is just ridiculous, crazy and chaotic in the most entertaining way. And the soundtrack is great, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom