• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ T

Banned
I hope Comet Lucifer is cool.

Guys, I need new mecha shows to stop being so terrible.

Because mecha shows should be rad.

I am not generally a fan of mecha shows (I dunno, they're kinda offputting to me?), but I did like Gargantia a lot. X: X:

I will give Comet Lucifer a shot (guess that makes eight...), even though "Giftium" ugh fuck off anime.

javac

169 things in my plan to watch list, and each time I finish one thing it feels like I add 5 more. Keep 'em coming I guess.

John Blade

169 things in my plan to watch list, and each time I finish one thing it feels like I add 5 more. Keep 'em coming I guess.
I guess this is normal if you like anime and you have plenty of time. As for me, this is mostly come down to if I can find the anime and buy it for my collection. As of now, its growing as we speak.

Jarmel

Banned
OG Beef Stroganoff: The Anime- 5
9Cxcl3S.jpg

Why we have to be naked and why I have to torture you? Don't worry about those small details.
So how long are they going to drag out the scientist lady is the obviously evil blonde villain for? She does have a nice ass though.
Could they have made it more obvious? Same hair ends with those dual squarish ends, butterfly emblem, one around the neck and the other in the hair, Chris's reaction to her in the factory, and the blood on the briefcase. Not to mention both are supposed to be the sexual 'vixens' of the show making the connection even easier. I guess they didn't want to show the eye color in the intro as it would have made it even more obvious. Watch them drag this shit out for 6 more episodes leading to the 'big betrayal' moment.
Gt9zNxv.jpg
VVRI7xM.jpg

After GATE, this stuff sticks out like a sore thumb. dohohoho
That intro had some of the worst Engrish I've ever seen in anime, which is impressive. Even the subtitles seem to have given up at one point and were like "We'll just write some shit and we think it's close enough". How hard is it to get English voice actors for some of these lines? "Of course I understand. As there is a so in, more a do so a dog is wounded to live." lol what
Naked Chris torture aside, I'm starting to like Hibiki. She has a sort of genki stupidity that normally I might find grating but it comes off as so earnest, I find it endearing. Her songs are still weaksauce though, the VA just isn't that good. We also have our obligatory King Arthur reference with Durandal. Show is better without Tsubasa.
Obvious King Arthur inspired shot but still really cool due to the background art.

OG Beef Stroganoff: The Anime- 5

So how long are they going to drag out the scientist lady is the obviously evil blonde villain for? She does have a nice ass though.

Could they have made it more obvious? Same hair ends with those dual squarish ends, butterfly emblem, one around the neck and the other in the hair, Chris's reaction to her in the factory, and the blood on the briefcase. Not to mention both are supposed to be the sexual 'vixens' of the show making the connection even easier. I guess they didn't want to show the eye color in the intro as it would have made it even more obvious. Watch them drag this shit out for 6 more obvious leading to the 'big betrayal' moment.

That intro had some of the worst Engrish I've ever seen in anime, which is impressive. Even the subtitles seem to have given up at one point and were like "We'll just write some shit and we think it's close enough". How hard is it to get English voice actors for some of these lines? "Of course I understand. As there is a so in, more a do so a dog is wounded to live." lol what

Naked Chris torture aside, I'm starting to like Hibiki. She has a sort of genki stupidity that normally I might find grating but it comes off as so earnest, I find it endearing. Her songs are still weaksauce though, the VA just isn't that good. We also have our obligatory King Arthur reference with Durandal. Show is better without Tsubasa.

Obvious King Arthur inspired shot but still really cool due to the background art.

Durandal has nothing to do with King Arthur, It was the sword of Charlemagne's paladin Roland

Saprol

Teekyu 57
great 2 minutes

So with the next season almost upon us, what shows are people looking forward to?

Watching:
Teekyu S6
Haikyu S2
Owarimonogatari
One Punch Man
More Gintama backlog
Teekyu S6

Trying:
Comet Lucifer
Concrete Revolutio (where's the letter n?)
Gundam
Osomatsu-san
Young Black Jack

i'll follow these if they turn out to be funny trash:
Valkyrie Drive
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk
Heavy Object
Rakudai Kishi
Taimadou Gakuen

Jarmel

Banned
Durandal has nothing to do with King Arthur, It was the sword of Charlemagne's paladin Roland

This is where Fate/Stay Night has screwed me up in regards to which sword belonged to who and other crap like that.

Well whatever, they're still going for the sword in the stone imagery as she literally makes a sword out of stone and that pose is attributed to King Arthur.

This is where Fate/Stay Night has screwed me up in regards to which sword belonged to who and other crap like that.

Well whatever, they're still going for the sword in the stone imagery as she literally makes a sword out of stone and that pose is attributed to King Arthur.

I mean, in the first place if they wanted to make a King Arthur reference, why would they use anything besides Excalibur?

Jarmel

Banned
I mean, in the first place if they wanted to make a King Arthur reference, why would they use anything besides Excalibur?

Maybe there is an actual Excalibur in that universe. No sense giving the main character the best weapon in existence right from the get go.

Edit: Besides most Arthurian mythologies I've read have stated that the Sword in the Stone wasn't Excalibur anyway. So they would have had to do Calasomething.

Maybe there is an actual Excalibur in that universe. No sense giving the main character the best weapon in existence right from the get go.

Edit: Besides most Arthurian mythologies I've read have stated that the Sword in the Stone wasn't Excalibur anyway. So they would have had to do Calasomething.

I'm aware

Castle Town Dandelion 12
An overly serious finale. It was an alright series. Simple concept of having a bunch of siblings with powers and an election to the throne with a somewhat interesting variety and cute protagonist. It tried a lot of things but still played it mostly safe. It didn't really turn out bad though. If you don't like the very shy protagonist, you'll probably find it boring

To be honest, I'm not even sure why you're watching it in the first place considering you seem to hate everything about it.

Come with me~

And you'll be~

In a wooooooooooooooorld of self-indulgent masturbatiooooooooooon~

Take a look

And you'll see

AnimeGAF's reason to beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~

hate-watch is like the reason this community exists

Cornbread78

The Girl Who Leapt through Time
tumblr_mrsg87j1Dv1rsyukao1_500.gif

I can't say watching Charlotte didn't motivate me to finally watch this film; ya know, tine travel and all that.. The animation and art style was unique and certain shots were simple sketches, but we're beautiful and amazing. The the story was engaging and the characters were really good for the most part. The plot played out well and offered a good balance of comedy, drama, and yes, romance. I mean, there was no relationship development, but this was clearly a love story in the vein of 5cm. It's not always the ending, but the journey there. The film offered a lot of heart and emotion and watching characters grow personally and emotionally right in front of you is very rewarding. Overall, this was a really good film.

Jarmel

Banned
OG Beef Stroganoff: The Anime- 6
ybWNHGe.jpg

That face when your old friend sees you hanging out with your new friend but you didn't invite said old friend.
So is there some deep connection between lesbians and pancakes that I'm unaware of? Well I'm glad the show is moving past Hibiki keeping a secret from her friend stuff. I will appreciate that Miku isn't dramatic about it but rather somewhat understanding as this could have been much more aggravating.
YcOwmJZ.jpg
6nGcAUT.jpg

AgP7K1Z.jpg
yQpK7wh.jpg

Happy belated birthday Hibiki! You should probably hold out some info for the second date though.
So yea I'm warming up to Hibiki as a character. Her forwardness is being played off comedically and so far it's worked out pretty well to make her endearing. Oh and it looks like the composer isn't dead after all.

Rainy

Banned
Because of med school I hadn't been able to watch any anime since late July...

Working!!! 5-6

I missed Working so much. It was still as great as I remember. Hopefully I'll have more time tomorrow...

Jarmel

Banned
To be honest, I'm not even sure why you're watching it in the first place considering you seem to hate everything about it.

Honestly the show isn't bad enough to hatewatch. Yes there is tons of 'so edgy' drama but at this point I just mentally block it out. However it's not an awful watch despite how terrible the writing is. It does seem like the show is getting better too, as Tsubasa's crap is being toned down.

Ayumi

I can't say watching Charlotte didn't motivate me to finally watch this film; ya know, tine travel and all that.. The animation and art style was unique and certain shots were simple sketches, but we're beautiful and amazing. The the story was engaging and the characters were really good for the most part. The plot played out well and offered a good balance of comedy, drama, and yes, romance. I mean, there was no relationship development, but this was clearly a love story in the vein of 5cm. It's not always the ending, but the journey there. The folm offeted a lot of heart and emotion and watching characters grow personally and emotionally right in front of you is very rewarding. Ocerall, this was a really good film.
While I think most prefer the animated version, you should try the live action movie. It's pretty good, imo. :3

I actually haven't seen the animated one.. Time to put it on my to-watch-list.

blurr

So with the next season almost upon us, what shows are people looking forward to?

Just Owarimonogatari and OPM.

I can't say watching Charlotte didn't motivate me to finally watch this film; ya know, tine travel and all that.. The animation and art style was unique and certain shots were simple sketches, but we're beautiful and amazing. The the story was engaging and the characters were really good for the most part. The plot played out well and offered a good balance of comedy, drama, and yes, romance. I mean, there was no relationship development, but this was clearly a love story in the vein of 5cm. It's not always the ending, but the journey there. The film offered a lot of heart and emotion and watching characters grow personally and emotionally right in front of you is very rewarding. Overall, this was a really good film.

One of my favorite flicks, I'm assuming you already watched Wolf Children.

Also try, Only Yesterday, my favorite ghibli flick.

sonicmj1

I was getting all excited about a Misae arc, and it has to be about a fucking cat turning into a kid to grant someone a wish because they were nice once.

Fuck this shit.

Jarmel

Banned
OG Beef Stroganoff: The Anime- 7
6CqJ1hV.jpg

Is there a reason she needs to be naked in all of her scenes?
Ugh, and the show was doing pretty well too. Tsubasa had toned it a few notches down, only for everybody else to turn it a few notches up.
JGJeNd0.jpg
OUmT38J.jpg

nnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooo not this shit
I was hoping Miku was going to avoid this crap but yet nope. This drama flat out isn't working on any level. Not only is it cliche ridden to high heaven but the direction and writing don't do anything interesting or note-worthy with it either. There's no energy in how it's depicted, portrayed, or set up. The clash between the comedic and serious elements are jarring. The show would be much better if it just cut all this stuff out and focus on the fighting aspect. Such a lust for melodrama...

jman2050

I was getting all excited about a Misae arc, and it has to be about a fucking cat turning into a kid to grant someone a wish because they were nice once.

Fuck this shit.

It could be worse.

You could be experiencing this terrible arc while also seeing the VN art!

XSIiGDy.jpg

Seriously Key, just... ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Articalys

Expelled from Paradise

Finally got around to watching this, Seiji Mizushima and Urobuchi's sci-fi CG movie. Enjoyed it quite a bit. Music and action scenes were great. Obviously the mecha CG was better than the human CG, but nothing looked weird or unnatural. Story was alright; the main plot was fine and they provided just enough background detail to give things context but it was still a vague backstory; would have liked just a little more worldbuilding there. Very sparse cast, but I liked the characters and when they're voiced by Rie Kugimiya, Shinichiro Miki, and Hiroshi Kamiya, it's hard to go wrong. Fun movie overall; nothing spectacular but solid all around. Makes me less worried about the CG future of anime, at any rate.

ibyea

Banned
Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies, episode 3
This is probably the most failure I have seen the defense suffer in an Ace Attorney case. Their first day ends in complete failure and only one very lucky event saves them, and in the second day they seem to be running around in circles with nary a progress to be seen. It isn't until almost the very end when the defense starts having a good grasp of how things actually happened. Mystery is really clever too. I thought I had it and them bam! It was completely different from how I imagined it happened. In terms of clever mysteries this game has them in spades.

The case also has the most unsubtle character ever in Ace Attorney, and that is saying a lot. Name is Aristotle Means and his principle is The End Justifies The Means, and he won't let you forget it.

Athena was truly a brilliant inclusion as her and Apollo bounce off each other really well.

Finally I find out what The Dark Age of the Law is. I consider the concept silly as things were that bad anyways. Their system was devised to be as efficient as possible so that criminal cases end in three days, innocent people are falsely charged with crimes all the time, and they are guilty until proved innocent, which requires a most stringent burden of proof. Meaning things were already dystopian, I don't see how anything has changed.

Conan-san

OG Beef Stroganoff: The Anime- 5Obvious King Arthur inspired shot but still really cool due to the background art.
Which, it should be noted is animated.

Hell, I don't think there's any time in Symphogear S1 where Hibiki going Alucard isn't animated well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom