• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ T

Banned
there isn't much to say about the story immediately.

Or ever, unfortunately. Unless this last episode is incredible.

The whole thing with Black and White is just ugh I don't caaaaaaaaaare give me more stories about the world.

I loved when wolf guy played that weird chess game. That was a great episode.

Also when eye guy made friends with little burger-loving mushroom guy. Also a great episode.

(I have forgotten all of the names at this point, except those of the characters I hate most, apparently. Actually the girl's okay it's just her brother and the shit he's got going on that ruined it for me.)

Cornbread78

Is the Order a Rabbit? ep.1:
tumblr_n3yg6vAXm41rxzudco1_500.gif

I wanted to take a sneak peak before the next season starts in the next couple weeks and so far so good. Lots of cute girl stuff and some comedy to start this one off so we'll see if a plot developes, or does it just say cutesy the whole time. Either way, crazy girl is awesome, lol.

blurr

Or ever, unfortunately. Unless this last episode is incredible.

The whole thing with Black and White is just ugh I don't caaaaaaaaaare give me more stories about the world.

I loved when wolf guy played that weird chess game. That was a great episode.

Also when eye guy made friends with little burger-loving mushroom guy. Also a great episode.

(I have forgotten all of the names at this point, except those of the characters I hate most, apparently. Actually the girl's okay it's just her brother and the shit he's got going on that ruined it for me.)

True but as mentioned earlier, I'm in it for the setting than the overarching story which IMO is fine the way it is albeit it can be more engaging.

blurr

Is the Order a Rabbit? ep.1:
tumblr_n3yg6vAXm41rxzudco1_500.gif

I wanted to take a sneak peak before the next season starts in the next couple weeks and so far so good. Lots of cute girl stuff and some comedy to start this one off so we'll see if a plot developes, or does it just say cutesy the whole time. Either way, crazy girl is awesome, lol.

I'm tempted to watch this but after I finish some other shows in my queue >_<

Pooya

god eater 8

So they start the show with MC being typical I charge in to save everyone whatever then now errr.

Did MC become a strategist genius in those recap episodes I didn't watch?

Sölf

Overlord 12
Well, that was a good fight. And all those skills. :0
Only 1 episode left though. At least we probably get another season with those novel sales. I hope. Please. D:

Monster Musume 1-12

Man, this show had no right to be as good as it was. It's an ecchi fanservice harem show and yet somehow it's one of the best shows of the season. A lot of stuff from the manga translated really well to the anime, it followed it almost 1:1, voice acting was great (not the moaning scenes, the legit scenes), the production values remained consistent throughout (those Miia body pillows probably funded the whole season) and the humor was great.

Basically it was nice to see just a fun harem anime get animated like this. Every episode was entertaining.

It was also great seeing best girls Rachnera and Zombina (and Smith-san) get animated. What's amusing to me is that Miia grew on me an ENORMOUS amount from watching this. I liked her in the manga but never really was all about her. Yet somehow seeing her animated and her faces and hearing her made me really really like her. That MGS cardboard box scene certainly helped. I think it's just because she's so genuine and I always have a thing for either the pervy girls who want to bone in an anime cause it's refreshing. Yamato Nadeshiko types are literally cancer.

Gonna grab new Overlord later. Another show this season I thoroughly enjoyed. This was a good season for me.

god eater 8

So they start the show with MC being typical I charge in to save everyone whatever then now errr.

Did MC become a strategist genius in those recap episodes I didn't watch?
He lived outside of the fortified walls all his life. He isn't as much a strategist as he is a survivor that knows things about the outside world and how the Amagami interact. At least that's what I think.

Sölf;179631319 said:
Overlord 12
Well, that was a good fight. And all those skills. :0
Only 1 episode left though. At least we probably get another season with those novel sales. I hope. Please. D:

I wonder what they are going to do in one extra episode. It wouldn't be enough to adapt a entire volume (next one should be no.4) so.. maybe original content?
hot springs episode?

phaze

Mawaru Penguindrum 17
Every time I think this show can't get any weirder it immediately proves me wrong. This time I was treated to a undergroud garage duel featuring classic western music, with the weapons of choice being multiarrow crossbow and a goddamn minigun firing billiard balls.
ndaxxyizzoo7.gif

Knew something was up with that teacher ...

Warmed up a lot to the second opening.

javac

Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Re:&#9251;Hamatora"

HOUSTON, September 22, 2015 – Sentai Filmworks is proud to announce its latest acquisition, Re:&#9251;Hamatora. The first season was enveloped in mystery and came to a shocking end -- but that was only the beginning. It's been three months since the Yokohama Riots, and the Hamatora detectives believe things are back to normal. But these troubled characters, still reeling from the events of last season, will have to reply when a mystery that was cloaked in darkness comes to light.

Seiji Kishi (Persona4 the ANIMATION, Angel Beats!) reprised his role as director for this second season of the Hamatora series, based on an original concept by Yuki Kodama and Natsu Matsumai. Jun Kumagi (series composition: Persona4 the Golden ANIMATION; script: Aquarion Logos) handled series composition. Sound direction was handled by Satoki Iida (Persona4 the ANIMATION, Angel Beats!), in corporation with NAZ Inc (Animation Supervision), and animation production provided by Lerche, known for their work on Danganronpa and SCHOOL-LIVE.

Re:&#9251;Hamatora is now available domestically through select digital outlets with a home video release to follow.
http://www.sentaifilmworks.com/news/sentai-filmworks-licenses-rehamatora

YO-KAI Watch comes to Disney XD on October 5th at 5pm!
The Yo-kai are coming! The hit series, YO-KAI WATCH is coming to Disney XD, premiering on Oct 5th, 5 p.m. ET/PT. New episodes air daily between 10/5 and 10/9 and afterward weekly on Mondays at 5 p.m. ET/PT
Official Trailer
http://www.yo-kai-world.com/

Completely destroys that house(??) thingy and turns him into a coin like he's fucking D'arby or something.

"Sweet, I made another friend!"

-------------
This actually looks pretty fun, is it fun?

I can't vouch for the English dub, of course, but Youkai Watch is a good show. Very silly and enjoyable.

KanameYuuki

I'm going to miss MonMusu so much, and last episode was a great way to end it, Darling-Kun is the best haha.

Even now I cannot decided who was my fav girl, all of them were just as good, but I'll chose Rach-nee san since she was so funny every time and Manako just because shy girls are my weakness.

I'm also going to miss the end cards, I love reading about those kind of topics and I was always hyped to see what was going to be next.

Looks like I gotta check out Penguindrum reading all this.

I think Yuri Kuma is pretty terrible but I quite liked Utena. Not sure how this Ikuhara show will go for me.

The Sentai cover for Corpse Party: Tortured Souls is pretty...ummm...well...

She better be careful, could cut herself on that edge.

javac

Sentai Filmworks / Maiden Japan January 2016 Line Up
DAI SHOGUN COMPLETE COLLECTION [Sentai]
Release Date: 1/5/2016
Run Time: 300 min
Audio: Japanese
Subtitles: English
Format: DVD, BD
SRP: $49.98, $59.98
Buy:
BD $35.99 @ rightstuf.com
DVD $29.99 @ rightstuf.com

PET SHOP OF HORRORS COMPLETE COLLECTION [Sentai]
Release Date: 1/5/2016
Run Time: 100 min
Audio: English & Japanese
Format: DVD
SRP: $19.98
Buy:
DVD $11.99 @ rightstuf.com

ARGEVOLLEN COLLECTION 2 [Sentai]
Release Date: 1/12/2016
Buy:

HANAYAMATA COMPLETE COLLECTION [Sentai]
Release Date: 1/19/2016
SRP: $59.98, $69.98
Buy:
BD $41.99 @ rightstuf.com
DVD $35.99 @ rightstuf.com

LOCODOL COMPLETE COLLECTION [Sentai]
Release Date: 1/19/2016
Run Time: 325 min
Buy:

CORPSE PARTY OVA COLLECTION [Maiden Japan]
Release Date: 1/26/2016
Run Time: 100 min
SRP: $29.98, $39.98
Buy:
BD $23.99 @ rightstuf.com
DVD $17.99 @ rightstuf.com

RE: HAMATORA SEASON 2 [Sentai]
SRP: $59.98, $69.98
Buy:
DVD $35.99 @ rightstuf.com

MOMOKYUN SWORD COMPLETE COLLECTION [Sentai]
Buy:

TAMAKO MARKET [Sentai]
Format: BD
SRP: $69.98
Buy:
BD:

Every time someone reminds me that ARGEVOLLEN exists, I have to go out of my way to check.

Because why should it?

Cause it had one of the best ED songs of last year

Isn't that the show that named its villain Moral?

...That right there makes me not wanna touch it with a nine foot pole.

Hamatora is really good though, if I may quote myself in 2014 | Hamatora is one of the best 24 episode anime and products of 2014. Could never guess or anticipate how things would fall in place with the antagonist and then when it did it fit logically, well explained, and pretty interesting. At times one would wonder if Hamatora was coherent and such but it always end up being by the time the big event took place. There were many great episodes with individual parts that all felt necessary for this episode.

javac

PR:
s2QCCJq.jpg

Aniplex of America to Premiere the Animated Series The Asterisk War this Fall Season

Crunchyroll to Begin Streaming on 10/3

SANTA MONICA, CA (September 22, 2015) &#8211; Aniplex of America Inc. announced today they have acquired the anime series The Asterisk War for this upcoming fall season. The first episode is scheduled to premiere on October 3rd and will be streaming exclusively on Crunchyroll. From the same producer of Sword Art Online, Shinichiro Kashiwada, The Asterisk War will be animated by studio A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online II, Your lie in April), directed by Manabu Ono (The irregular at magic high school) and featuring music by Swedish EDM sensation Rasmus Faber. For more details on The Asterisk War, please visit AsteriskWar.com
Trailer
twitter
Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom