• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
plz no I can't handle eyeball shit, the part near the end of Dead Space 2 with the needle made me want to die

Did you ever fail it while playing? Would've loved to see that reaction then. Dunno but for some reason that scene didn't bother me too much. Having never indulged in horror games and films, my heartbeat was ludicrously high when I started playing Dead Space 1 though. Jesus what a great adrenaline rush experience that was, beside being an overall good game to boot!

Monster Musume - 12 [End]

Lots of cool animation bits and effects in this last episode. Centaurs foodgasm felt like something you'd see in Soma.
5435234234t9qwj.jpg
234242347grc4.jpg
This was a pretty fun show, now I ain't really into the monster hybrid stuff, but the behavior and typical situations associated by each "type" and the plethora of variants was entertaining to see.
I wouldn't mind seeing more of this show, and:

Human Musume

javac

Never watch Perfect Blue.

So much fucking blood oh my god

Still watch Perfect Blue though

One of the best films of all time. I re-watched it a few days ago and I was thinking to myself "How the fuck did I even get through these scenes?!" since I'm squeamish and that's not even mentioning that other scene. Satoshi Kon really was the best at telling stories. His storyboards were just insanely detailed. The Japanese BD I bought came with a storyboard for the whole film.

One of the best films of all time. I re-watched it a few days ago and I was thinking to myself "How the fuck did I even get through these scenes?!" since I'm squeamish and that's not even mentioning that other scene. Satoshi Kon really was the best at telling stories. His storyboards were just insanely detailed. The Japanese BD I bought came with a storyboard for the whole film.

The other scene is gruelling, made me really uncomfortable and stuff. I guess that was the point though.

Perfect Blue is probably my favorite anime movie by the way, it's awesome.

Hamst3r

Fist of the North Star - TV - episode 01 to 15 - I'm into this. The 80's quality though and the reuse of footage is a bit much. Still great fun to watch though.

Episode 13 has the funniest / my favorite Kenshiro attack so far, against Devil Rebirth.

javac

The other scene is gruelling, made me really uncomfortable and stuff. I guess that was the point though.

Perect Blue is probably my favorite anime movie by the way.

Agreed, it really pushes you to your limits. I'd by lying if I said that I didn't get the urge to turn it off during that scene, but I didn't flinch or pause or turn it off, because doing so would go against the intention of the scene. I guess in that sense I trusted Satoshi Kon to deliver on each scene. It is also one of my favorite films of all time. Having said that, begrudgingly I haven't seen Tokyo Godfathers and Paranoia Agent yet and they're still on my to watch list. The Japanese Blu-ray for Paranoia Agent should be on my way soon so I will tackle that asap.

Jarmel

Banned
yo what at this MonMusu episode

This is ridiculously well animated. The fuck? This episode has more sakuga than the rest of the season put together.

phaze

Looks like I gotta check out Penguindrum reading all this.

I think Yuri Kuma is pretty terrible but I quite liked Utena. Not sure how this Ikuhara show will go for me.

I might jump straight into Utena because of how good MW is. Though I rarely see it mentioned or put in top anime lists, so I imagine my current high opinion of it may be a bit of an outlier. Or it crashes and burns in the last eps.

This is ridiculously well animated. The fuck? This episode has more sakuga than the rest of the season put together.

Isn't that Yatterman director/staff ? Maybe they're overcompensating for the previous failure. lol

Phatmac

It didn't really feel like an end to a series which was strange but it was faithful to the original source so I can't complain. Overall while the isn't for everyone it did give me a new appreciation for monster girls and now I'm probably cool with spiders since Rachnera is best girl. I'm a legs man for life.

Mailbox

Monster Musume 12 [END]

Yeah, its pretty much another non-end series. It wraps up what the previous few episodes were leading to, but leaves enough open for a potential sequel or for people to just get into the manga.

Though, unlike a lot of anime i didn't feel cheated this time with a non-ending.
I think it was because this one was just so well animated (it was actually scary sometimes at how well this episode was animated) and kept to things that made the show so enjoyable that it felt like the end to what they actually wanted to adapt for now. Basically, this ending made me feel a "it'd be good if they adapt more, but I won't be angry or annoyed if they don't" vibe. Honestly, from a show like this where an anime only ending wouldn't really work, and where there is no ending from the source material, this was probably the best way to end this season.

in the end i really enjoyed monster musume.

Baalzebup

Overlord 12

The fact that there is a spell called
Sharks Cyclone
in the series gives me all sorts of giggles. Either the original author or the anime team must have a great taste in movies.

Quasar

China streaming services and users love Rokka so a second season is very likely. This will shift many other series in the future to more sequels I guess.

Edit: Nice to see Monster Musume doing well...lol.

As long as the shows don't get banned. Hasn't there been a crackdown lately?

Quasar

Non Non Biyori Repeat 12 - Well now I'm sad. Thats probably it. No more Ren-chon and friends. Such a special little show.

Yeah I noticed that too lol. Looked like a different show at times. Unexpected since the rest of the show was just riding along the passable line and it's not the type of show that needs or you would expect it from anyway

Sölf

Isn't that the show that named its villain Moral?

...That right there makes me not wanna touch it with a nine foot pole.

Yeah, it was. I actually really liked it. S2 was a trainwreck in the beginning, but damn that ending was REALLY good. I did not expect that.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Maybe there is an actual Excalibur in that universe. No sense giving the main character the best weapon in existence right from the get go.

Edit: Besides most Arthurian mythologies I've read have stated that the Sword in the Stone wasn't Excalibur anyway. So they would have had to do Calasomething.

You mean Caliburn?

Russ T

Banned
Isn't that the show that named its villain Moral?

...That right there makes me not wanna touch it with a nine foot pole.

Correct decision.

The show was really flashy and "fun to watch", but had no real substance. It was my junk food anime for the duration of its run. Would not recommend to anyone.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Yeah I noticed that too lol. Looked like a different show at times. Unexpected since the rest of the show was just riding along the passable line and it's not the type of show that needs or you would expect it from anyway
This series is either the highest selling manga in Japan or the most popular harem(?) manga in Japan. That is the only logical reason i could infer why so much money was thrown in the animation department for the amime adaptation.

This series is either the highest selling manga in Japan or the most popular harem(?) manga in Japan. That is the only logical reason i could infer why so much money was thrown in the animation department for the ament adaptation.

I'm pretty sure it's merchandise sells an exorbitantly stupid amount. That Miia body pillow sold out. I mean, jesus, that's enough to fund that last episode.

This series is either the highest selling manga in Japan or the most popular harem(?) manga in Japan. That is the only logical reason i could infer why so much money was thrown in the animation department for the amime adaptation.

I doubt that. To-Love-Ru + Darkness and Oh My Goddess probably have more sales. Not to say Monmusu isn't popular though. Compared to the real popular series like One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul or Attack on Titan? Combined sales of Monmusu in a year would be lucky to equal one volume of those three.

One well animated episode doesn't mean they sunk a ton of money into the adaptation. Animation quality isn't just about budget, especially when you are talking about one outlier episode.

You guys talk like the show was hitting Akikan levels of shit every episode.

If anything I'd say the overall animation/still-frame quality was above most of the shows this season.

Quasar

I doubt that. To-Love-Ru + Darkness and Oh My Goddess probably have more sales. Not to say Monmusu isn't popular though. Compared to the real popular series like One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul or Attack on Titan? Combined sales of Monmusu in a year would be lucky to equal one volume of those three.

Yeah. But thats pretty true of all manga that aren't those.

Continued to be amused by it continuously (it seems) charting on the nyt list though.

Yeah. But thats pretty true of all manga that aren't those.

Continued to be amused by it continuously (it seems) charting on the nyt list though.

Yeah that's true, I can think of maybe two more series that could compete with those 3 now that Naruto ended. 7 Deadly Sins used to? And Shokugeki no Soma is decently close.

Edit: Kuroku no Basuke as well, but the gap between One Piece and literally anyone else is bigger then I thought it was - 2.8 MILLION for the last volume, which is 1.2 million over Attack on Titan.

Attack on Titan Vol. 1 has been on the NYT list for over two years now I believe, probably because it takes next to no sales to chart.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
You guys talk like the show was hitting Akikan levels of shit every episode.

If anything I'd say the overall animation/still-frame quality was above most of the shows this season.
Maybe that is the reason.
I'm pretty sure it's merchandise sells an exorbitantly stupid amount. That Miia body pillow sold out. I mean, jesus, that's enough to fund that last episode.
You just reminded me of the centaur L-shaped pillow.

Jarmel

Banned
Gangsta-11

How come there are only like four people in this show capable of protecting themselves?

This power level shit has really ruined my already somewhat meager opinion of the show.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Monster Musume really was a bad show, but at least Kobayashi came back at the end.

I don't know if I can do the whole "watch crap for a voice actor" thing again though... yeesh. lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Now you obviously need to go watch God Eater for those few minutes of Omigawa.
That's Thoraxes or duckroll, not me!

Sawashiro is like a distant second for me, but I would only consider suffering for Kobayashi. lol
She was apparently in that Classroom thing, but I didnt' even think of watching that one.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why is there political commentary on the militarization of Japan in my tokusatsu satire?

I don't watch shows for certain voice actors, it's just those voice actors keep showing up in the shows I want to watch/like.

Like Sugita.
And Wakamoto.
Or Sawashiro.
...Or Nana Mizuki.

Quasar

I don't watch shows for certain voice actors, it's just those voice actors keep showing up in the shows I want to watch/like.

I certainly won't watch bad shows just because of an actor I like (be it animated or live action), of course if
I'm not enjoying something I'll drop almost anything - theres too much stuff to waste time on stuff I'm not enjoying.
I'm certainly more willing to investigate or trial something though. With anime though I seem to be lucky in that actors I like get tons of work so there's no issue of watching crap or nothing.

Although Symphogear and Idolmaster did make me understand voice actor fans and characters songs and shit like that since apparently pretty much voice actor is also a singer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom