• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Pokemon Best Wishes! 1
03yhhmgl.png

Pokemon Go has me in a Pokemon mood so figured I'd check out one of the more recent seasons.

JulianImp

Okada Gundam 07

CdNbTMq.png

Amida can punish me anytime.

xcph6WU.gif

I thought Lafter's name was spelled Laughter. I had to do a double take. So much sexual tension between her and Mikazuki before their fight was stopped I thought one of them was going to go overboard with a cheap shot, lmao

gwvynci.gif

Need a little assistance there, Kudelia?

BIG mistake there by Maruba to admit there was a program of experimentation on the kids. I'm hoping that Orga or Mikazuki punch his lights out. Shooting him cold-blooded could be too easy unlike their previous superior officers back on Mars.

Your post just made me go back and watch the last couple episodes, since I was almost done with the 18th but stopped there for some reason I can't even remember.

The show handles its cast incredibly well IMO. It's great that every named character has some incidence in the plot, and their personal arcs have all been pretty good as well so far.

Cornbread78

Cowboy Bebop ep.6
I gotta say I don't like this "target of the day" format gor the show, especially after the awesobeness that was the last episode, to this weird one with the
"oldman-child"
Hopefully, a more consistent story is coming up, or the episode is better, lol.

Shonen Hollywood Episode 1

Huh, well that was interesting.

There's a slight, but mostly ever present sense of anxiety bubbling underneath this show. There are a few moments where the cast laughs and jokes, but the main lead doesn't even seem well suited for the life of an idol. The scene where he's just quietly looking at his introduction with confusion really stuck out. He did more or less get lightly pushed into this profession. Production is middling, a few shots of the cast looking off model, but the background art is pretty decent. Overall, a good episode.

Please be team Shun Shun!

Normally I would agree but there's too much episodes in BW to the point that watching that first is a considerable waste of time, that one thing you can't get back.

Line_HTX

Your post just made me go back and watch the last couple episodes, since I was almost done with the 18th but stopped there for some reason I can't even remember.

The show handles its cast incredibly well IMO. It's great that every named character has some incidence in the plot, and their personal arcs have all been pretty good as well so far.

That's the thing. I find myself immersed in the dialogue between the characters, and even the previous episode where there was no action and nothing happened, there was really good development in a lot of the major characters. Good cast and great dub cast, haha

So is 91 Days the anime version of Boardwalk Empire?

It's likely to be the most HBO drama styled anime as of right now. I've always said i wanted an anime mafia story, this is it.

91 Days 03

Starting to become a "I have no idea what's going on because there are 700 characters" show.

In what way shape or form is it that? I saw someone else say they are confused about what has happened so far and it isn't confusing at all.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Okada Gundam 07

CdNbTMq.png

Amida can punish me anytime.

xcph6WU.gif

I thought Lafter's name was spelled Laughter. I had to do a double take. So much sexual tension between her and Mikazuki before their fight was stopped I thought one of them was going to go overboard with a cheap shot, lmao

gwvynci.gif

Need a little assistance there, Kudelia?

BIG mistake there by Maruba to admit there was a program of experimentation on the kids. I'm hoping that Orga or Mikazuki punch his lights out. Shooting him cold-blooded could be too easy unlike their previous superior officers back on Mars.
Damn those are some fine gifs.

It's likely to be the most HBO drama styled anime as of right now. I've always said i wanted an anime mafia story, this is it.

In what way shape or form is it that? I saw someone else say they are confused about what has happened so far and it isn't confusing at all.
With you on both points. Yes this is as close as it gets to something to come out of what someone here calls "white people" TV lol.

Also yes, I don't find the plot complicated at all. We have what, 10 characters (if even that many) in play right now?

91 Days is a show that after I watch it think that I should just read the manga instead until I remember that it's an original story. It's a middling mafia story that isn't really all that interesting except that it's animated. Actually it'd probably be better if it were a live action series.

duckroll

91 Days is a show that after I watch it think that I should just read the manga instead until I remember that it's an original story. It's a middling mafia story that isn't really all that interesting except that it's animated. Actually it'd probably be better if it were a live action series.

This is why I abandoned anime for white man TV.

I'll take what I get, but the fact that there ISN'T another regular mafia story means it'll shoot straight the fuck up for many on the West. The only other ones are what, Baccano (which yes it's amazing but not a traditional mafia story), and Gungrave which the first half might have been great if it wasn't that the second half shat the bed. I don't even count that recent mafia themed battle anime because it was just essentially an edgy battle shonen with a mafia gimmick.

It isn't a bad show so far, but a tale of revenge has been done time and time again sure, I'll give you that.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I hope we can one day create a world free of Narag bullying.

Cornbread78

I have yet to sully my phone with Pokemon Go... and if my kids tell me to slow down my driving or pull off on some random side road again, they are going to become permenant public transportation users.

Line_HTX

New Game! 03

Yagami is a good manager, pushes Aoba to make better models.

Though she is pretty carefree with her workspace when she sleeps under her desk, LMAO

This Director is really laid back, and Goddamn that Narag she has is so fat and sleeps all the time.

;P

Kieli

Orange 4:

This episode was frustrating. I can't say I was particularly invested in stupid high-school shoujo romance heartache/shenanigans.

There's much, much bigger fish to fry when your friend is suspected of committing suicide than whether or not he currently has a girlfriend. If anything, I feel bad for the girl because she was earnest in her feelings and Kakeru and his friends wrongfully vilified her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom