• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gvitor

Oh it's quite magical, believe me

a1onIBy.gif

This fucking thing. Smiling afterwards...

Madoka 3

I was promised magical girls doing magical stuff

why isn't this magical GAF

Ah...The memories I have of going into this show completely unspoiled.

I remember everybody talking about episode 3, watching it, saying to myself: "What's so crazy about this? This is actually-oh. Oooooooh."

gargles

Madoka? I just say: Episode 10. Marvelous is an understatement when it comes to its quality. Tremendous.

And I love and hate Kyubey at the same time. Want to cuddle it and after that, destroy that... whatever the hell it is.

Battery - 03

Finally it was said. Yes Gou you are right, Harada is the worst. I'm hoping he improves a bit soon, because his attitude is really bringing the whole show down for me.

javac

Didn't like Madoka at all, but I can see it being a cool experience to watch when it first aired and likewise for people going in blind. Everything fell flat for me.

Cornbread78

Madoka 3
I was promised magical girls doing magical stuff
why isn't this magical GAF

Lol, always the best when people go in blind, lol.

I was like "Oh Shit, wtf...dammmmnn" lol

Cowboy Bebop ep.12
Damn, lots going on in this episode from
Fey taking off, Spike and Jet splitting up, to OMG... Spike NO!
oh, that doesn't even cover that the hero guy was a
girl
and works with Vicious.... damnn

Battery - 03

Finally it was said. Yes Gou you are right, Harada is the worst. I'm hoping he improves a bit soon, because his attitude is really bringing the whole show down for me.

They're all assholes. Gou is probably the worst of them actually, choking a friend because he doesn't want to shave his head to satisfy an arbitrary demand of submission.

They're all assholes. Gou is probably the worst of them actually, choking a friend because he doesn't want to shave his head to satisfy an arbitrary demand of submission.

Sure but he didn't just choke him because of that. It's his attitude since day 1. The guy hasn't said a single good thing since he arrived in town. He thinks the world revolves around him, and it's annoying. That was the last straw for that series of events that Gou had been through with him since the day he met. He exploded, like I'm sure any other person would with a shitty guy like him.

Sure but he didn't just choke him because of that. It's his attitude since day 1. The guy hasn't said a single good thing since he arrived in town. He thinks the world revolves around him, and it's annoying. That was the last straw for that series of events that Gou had been through with him since the day he met. He exploded, like I'm sure any other person would with a shitty guy like him.

Nah, not in that way. Of all the things Harada has done, his attitude towards the coach is the most reasonable! Harada came off as more sympathetic in this episode than most of the characters he was interacting with. This is a show full of flawed people, at least he's a young kid and not an adult like many of them are.

Shirobako 22

I knew when episode 21 showed that email from the editor casually approving episode 13's scenario that it would come back to bite MusAni, and here it does at the worst possible timing. He really wants to "funny story" the anime into destruction, huh. I really want to see how they're going to get out of this mess.

Cowboy Bebop ep.12

Damn, lots going on in this episode from
Fey taking off, Spike and Jet splitting up, to OMG... Spike NO!
oh, that doesn't even cover that the hero guy was a
girl
and works with Vicious.... damnn

This and the episode after are my personal favorites from the show.

Line_HTX

Thunderbolt Fantasy 02

Aww man, loud Princess Pina is the first boss?

And LMAO at you have three arrows but you can only kill two of us or whatever the hell was going on, and he just shot 'em way high and maneuvered to make sure all the minions got it as it fell. True to form the over the top hilarity in certain period dramas, haha

Kizumonogatari Part 1

I don't think I have ever seen anything quite like this. The animation technique used here was superb and made for a really unique look that fit with the tone of the series.

What a time to be alive. I thought I was never going to watch this. It was everything I hoped it would be and so much more. This had a crazy level of art that I had never seen before. I took like 100 shots and picked a few to post here, but you owe it to yourselves to watch this. Having this run in front of you is quite the experience.

This scene was absolutely fantastic. From a direction and cinematography point of view, from start to finish it hits all kinds of highs. I didn't post all of it so that folks can see it for themselves, but the amount of expression and the way the scenes are shot convey so much emotion that you just cannot help but glue yourself on to the screen.

Also lookie who is back.
Overall the movie was excellent and I cannot wait to see the second one (who knows when). I was discussing this with TUSR, but once I watch all of these movies and get to the ending of what is supposed to be the origins of the Monogatari stories, I may rewatch in chronological order to make sense of all the events. By the time we get to watch the last movie there will for sure have passed quite a while and I will need to refresh on everything.

ROUND VERNIAN VIFAM #05 The Prized Operation Seat of the Round Vernian!
Cof8Y2XVIAItYMS.jpg:small

Kents trying to be in the DILLFAM was amazing, maybe someday

wow another death, the kids may soon be the only ones in charge of jainus

I still haven't legitimately sat down and watched them all the way through in sequence also.
So much has happened that I honestly can't even tell you where we are currently with the show, what has happened when, etc. I love the series but at this point if a new season came, I'd be watching it without any context of the implications being put forth.

I mean it's not to say I don't remember things, as soon as people point something out I go "Oh yeah, that did happen!". I just can't put it all together and make a cohesive timeline and I don't like that.

Line_HTX

So much has happened that I honestly can't even tell you where we are currently with the show, what has happened when, etc. I love the series but at this point if a new season came, I'd be watching it without any context of the implications being put forth.

I mean it's not to say I don't remember things, as soon as people point something out I go "Oh yeah, that did happen!". I just can't put it all together and make a cohesive timeline and I don't like that.

Yeah, I only know the basic details of a few things, so I wasn't totally lost while watching Owari, but I haven't gone so deep to get all of it as a whole.

Yay, peace??

Cornbread78

Kaiba ep.3
kaiba-3-2.jpg

This show man.. It's like an abstract Dr. Seuss meets Simpson's meets anime. Our MC finally has a new body, but I thought it was a he, but he's in a girls body. So many weird things going on, but I guess he's trying to find the girl who's picture is in the locket...

manfestival

I am about to start diving into those new d-grayman episodes. I hear that they are a continuation so where can I get a summary or refresher of things past?

Mob Psycho 100 3

There seem to be a number of people who are disappointed in this adaptation, though it may just be a small number of overly conspicuous people. At any rate, even if it might not capture every detail of the manga, I have a hard time being dissatisfied with a show that's this creative in how it attempts to depict its material. It's not just moments of flashy action that are interesting, but even something as simple as spitting up milk goes through a lot of visual styles in a short sequence. I felt a lot of tension throughout the cult scene, helped by Kawai's atmospheric music. I find Mob a sympathetic character myself. It seems some people take the same approach to him that his elementary school classmates did in the flashbacks in this episode; baffled at why he is not as overtly expressive as everyone around him. As an introvert who struggles at times in social situations, particularly large groups, I can empathize with him in that regard. Sometimes it can be disastrously easy for your intentions to be misinterpreted.

So yeah, I'm not finding this to be a hilarious comedy, though I do chuckle here and there, but I'm finding the visual presentation and Mob's character to be pretty compelling so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom