• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandelbo

Funny thing is that entire episode was outsourced to David Production. It makes sense they would leave their mark on it, lol

Oh man, really? That's fantastic xD

It does seem like quite a coincidence now that I think about it!

Some friends are asking me to watch Madoka Magic. I looked at the display image on Crunchyroll and I'm pretty sure I'm going to regret this.

It's really good - don't judge a book by it's cover! Just make sure you know nothing about it going in or else it won't quite have the same impact.

kewlmyc

Some friends are asking me to watch Madoka Magic. I looked at the display image on Crunchyroll and I'm pretty sure I'm going to regret this.

You're in a good mindset to watch it. I went in expecting moe cute garbage and left with a new top 10 anime.

Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ 1-8

This as to be the worst start to a follow up to a Gundam series.
Many people died at the end of Zeta and nobody cares.

Yazan
is now no more then comedy relief

The argama crew is now dumb and Fa no longers know how to pilot because plot.

Mashymre and Gemon are the worst gundam villain ever.

This is terrible, tell me it gets better...I was expecting much more with that terrible Zeta ending.

John Blade

Yazan

This is terrible, tell me it gets better...I was expecting much more with that terrible Zeta ending.

You gonna have to get through literally the 1st half of this show as that is the style they're doing. After you pass the 1st half, it get serious and dark.

Yazan

Now you know the true power of Tomino.

Yazan

Welcome to Wacky Tomino land.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll enjoy the show more once you meet Haman Khan.

I should finish Zeta soon so I can get to this as well.

You gonna have to get through literally the 1st half of this show as that is the style they're doing. After you pass the 1st half, it get serious and dark.
that's quite long :/ but I now understand why gundam games seems to start with a much later part.

Now you know the true power of Tomino.

Welcome to Wacky Tomino land.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll enjoy the show more once you meet Haman Khan.

I should finish Zeta soon so I can get to this as well.

Tomino now scares me. Hoping the ZZ itself won't show up to late.

Also let me tell you guys that the Art on those blu-ray disc and Main menu are phenomenal! If only the anime could be this pretty.

CjOw6nQUkAEr3ou.jpg:orig

cuilan

So, it has recently come to my attention that Re:Zero has a character relevant to my interests. Though I'm still unlikely to actually watch it. I'll just enjoy the show via other means, like I usually do.

Gvitor

Madoka 1&2

Imagery on this makes me feel like it's a bastard child from the Monogatari series. The other world's stylish images are very weird. Not sold on this yet, but I'll keep watching for a while.

SkyOdin

Yazan

ZZ Gundam is my favorite one of the UC Gundam series. Judau is the best protagonist in UC Gundam by a wide margin. There is some major tone whiplash going from Zeta to ZZ, but I don't think it takes very long for ZZ to find its legs and stand on its own merit as a sold series.

Madoka 1&2

Imagery on this makes me feel like it's a bastard child from the Monogatari series

Well, its Shaft after Bakemonogatari became the best selling TV anime ever (Madoka is #2 fwiw) and Shaft decided that everything henceforth will be Monogats. Also Bake is waaaaay better then Madoka so yes you're right

Sölf

Madoka 1&2

Imagery on this makes me feel like it's a bastard child from the Monogatari series. The other world's stylish images are very weird. Not sold on this yet, but I'll keep watching for a while.

Yeah, well, it's Shaft. Even their hentais look weird as fuck.

Sölf

He made an actual one?

According to MAL, he made a few. I am talking about "Unbalance". I only saw parts of it in german. The hilarious bad dub aside, we watched that with a few people and pretty soon said jokingly "This looks like it was made by Shaft."

Well, we were pretty suprised when we found out that Shinbo actually was the Director. Seriously, just watch it for a few minutes, it has Shaft written all over it. xD

Rainy

Banned
Macross Delta 2

I like the OP more than the ED. That scene with Freyja at the end was pretty good.
Love triangles are a thing with Macross right? Hmm.

Verelios

Sölf;211757100 said:
Yeah, well, it's Shaft. Even their hentais look weird as fuck.
Best way to tell a SHAFT anime is:

Are there head tilts? Yes? A lot? Yes? SHAFT!

Are there no actual bystanders? No? Are they drawn in? No? Shapeless? Yes? SHAFT!

I say that but I love their work, very iconic.

Taruranto

Monokuma Last Reward #3

H5hPPvK.jpg

This was kinda... meh? Not good as the previous two. Very oddly paced.
Twilight Syndrome Murder Case music stood out a bit too much too.

Cornbread78

Cowboy Bebop ep.11
Kind of a fun little episode watching Spike try to take out the blob. He went a little Rambo here though, lol. Looks like
Edward ate the blob,
I guess tge space radiation transformed the crab, lol.

Bloody hell, my ears are going to bleed from having to hear Greg Ayres as Monokuma in Dangan Ronpa 3's dub. Would it have killed you to get the game cast back Funimation? Or at least bring back Brain Beacock so Monokuma doesn't make me feel despair for all the wrong reasons.

Bloody hell, my ears are going to bleed from having to hear Greg Ayres as Monokuma in Dangan Ronpa 3's dub. Would it have killed you to get the game cast back Funimation? Or at least bring back Brain Beacock so Monokuma doesn't make me feel despair for all the wrong reasons.

Monokuma has like 5 lines in DR3.

Personally Im impressed if videogame vas' can really open their schedules to do broadcast dubs.

ibyea

Banned
Cowboy Bebop ep.11

Kind of a fun little episode watching Spike try to take out the blob. He went a little Rambo here though, lol. Looks like
Edward ate the blob,
I guess tge space radiation transformed the crab, lol.

I haven't watched the whole show, but of the episodes I watched this was my favorite. That fridge punchline just gets me all the time.

Ahhhh so much stuff to watch today! Let me try to run through it all!!

Danganronpa 3 Despair Arc - 03

I know it should be the other way around, yet I like this arc a whole lot more than the other one. Everything here is a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom