• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece 751

751 episodes in? Maybe you've forgotten about how the crew formed so heres 15 minutes of recap

Toei re using two decade old footage will never not look weird

Cornbread78

Rewrite ep.5
rewrite-episode-5.jpg
I was right, this episode was all about Class Rep and her tragic background story. More importantly, we finally find out what Kotarou's "rewrite" power is and how Shizaru and Class rep are linked with the secret organization. A lot of info was dumped in the final few minutes, but at least some questions were finally answered

Alderamin in the Sky is like Legend of the Galactic Heroes meets Romance of the Three Kingdoms meets Teletubbies. Kinda weird, not great, good enough for a popcorn anime this season I guess.

Red Garden 2

That was better than I feared it might be. The car park scene was handled like a horror movie, and I liked how it cut back and forth between that and its aftermath the following day. The focus on the fragile emotional states of the girls make this more interesting than what easily could have been just another battle shounen story.

Syrinx

Re;Zero 1a

This guy had almost no reaction to just randomly being transported to a parallel world. Does he do this often?

Qualidea Code Episdoe 4

Holy shit I didn't not expect that ending, guess I'll be watching next weeks episode to find out what the hell happens next lol. I'll admit the scene was really well done though, despite the rest of the show so far, A-1 nailed that part.

As an aside, the animation in this episode was crap, and lol at the fucking final attack, it was like a fucking slide show man.

Also if Canaria does indeed die that would suck cause I actually really like here singing lol.

Thoraxes

Do we know if it's a good conversion?
Nobody knows yet, though they did have that kickstarter for a dub.

I'll post some stuff in here when I get my set. I went all-in for the full Collector's Set from Rightstuf, so i'll be more than happy to share things like screencaps, bitrates, etc.

I'll probably do the same for the Complete Haruhi Set and Complete Geass Set too. They got a lot of money from me this fall.

Hunter X Hunter 14

The Hunter X Hunger Games on a remote island. Where half of the episode is spent watching Gon trying to catch a bird while it flies.

Rewrite 5: I'm sensing some favoritism in how well produced this episode was, and IIRC the director is a big Lucia fanboy. I'm pretty sure the ED at the end was anime original too. In the PC version Lucia's insert song is shared with Akane's ED theme, although the lyrics apply to both of them I'm pretty sure it was written for her. I'm not sure if the console version or Rewrite+ did anything different.

The ED song is a remix of Sunbright that wasn't in the VN, but part of some side album.

You are transported into a slice of life Anime. Do you

A. Walk across the corner of a neighborhood and crash against a girl who has toast in her mouth, land on her boobs, and eventually realize you're in the same class while you point at each other and go eeeeeeeeeeh?!

B. Climb up a window because you are a grown man still pretending you're Spiderman, and enter on a girl changing in her room, who proceeds to be violent and challenges you to a duel because you're actually in a school for special snowflake fighters?

C. Enter school as the new guy and because you're the new flavor proceed to get introduced to every major player in the school, such as the news reporter the class president and the head of some major school activity group, all who will be part of your harem?

D. Sit in the desk reserved for protagonists which is near the back row next to the window, look out the window as the wind blows on your face?

zulux21

A. Walk across the corner of a neighborhood and crash against a girl who has toast in her mouth, land on her boobs, and eventually realize you're in the same class while you point at each other and go eeeeeeeeeeh?!

B. Climb up a window because you are a grown man still pretending you're Spiderman, and enter on a girl changing in her room, who proceeds to be violent and challenges you to a duel because you're actually in a school for special snowflake fighters?

C. Enter school as the new guy and because you're the new flavor proceed to get introduced to every major player in the school, such as the news reporter the class president and the head of some major school activity group, all who will be part of your harem?

D. Sit in the desk reserved for protagonists which is near the back row next to the window, look out the window as the wind blows on your face?

C.
and to continue.
and I win over all of the major players thanks to my great oktau skills and agreeable personality.

E. smash every girl that enters my harem, ride out on a nice boat at the end.

Thoraxes

You are transported into a slice of life Anime.
F. See a girl getting cornered by some ruffians up to no good, you run in to rescue her. Despite being outnumbered 5-1, you handily win the fight. After she instantly falls for you, you tell her you are the new transfer student, the wielder of great power known to man only once in a millennium.

phaze

Re;Zero 1a

This guy had almost no reaction to just randomly being transported to a parallel world. Does he do this often?

It's the Escaflowne way.

Does he do often what ? Exhibit weird behavior ? Yes. Though what you pointed out struck me as one of the few, most egregious.

Kizumonogatari Kagenui-when

• This barely even feels like a movie. More like a prologue to a one if even that. It ends rights after it manages to begin. It's an opinion undoubtedly colored by the fact with knowledge of subsequent arcs you get more or less picture of what will transpire here, especially at the beginning but even with that, it's apparent that it's a story that had no business being cleaved in three.
  • The CG. I don't like it. There are moments it looks great, plenty of were it looks poor to mediocre though generally it's fairly bearable I'd have to admit. But I still don't like it and the aesthetic it gives to the entire movie. + Often the characters often don't mesh well with it. Oh and all the moments Shaft went for CG on characters are absolutelydisgusting.jpg
  • Part of it stems probably from the very beginnings this story is at, part from the cast of some of the least entertaining Mono characters to work with, but as far as the the dialogue, all the back and forth verbal sparring goes, this is one of the weakest entries in the franchise.
  • Araragi just sudoku'd because ......... reasons. And his reaction to getting turned is ... mild to say the least. He always was a guy with hero complex and a handsome, talkative, witty, swimming in chicks ...................friendless loser but the more I see of his backstory or reasons for some of those, the less I like him.
  • As people noted, Kizu is a different outing in the annals of the franchise in the respect that for once, people manage to keep their traps shut for extended periods of time. I liked those sequences well enough, the first in particular but with my main gripe being how unfulfilling this whole endeavor seems, I'm not sure if time spent on those, sometimes excessively long sequences couldn't be spent better
  • Everybody has pink skin now. why.jpg

Ironically, despite the pink skin, Shinobu for once doesn't look like absolute cancer aka like in every other arc so all was not for naught I suppose.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Is this the episode that they were advertising was 25 minutes long? And by advertising I mean literal physical advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom