• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Qualidea Code #4

Fun battle. Chibas use of the train was hilarious.
But talk about shoving it into ones face that they weren't able to finish the episode on time.
They just froze the frame when the finishing attack started and slowly faded to white while explosion sounds played in the background and then cut to a couple reaction stills.
And then the scene at the end... I shouldn't, but I'm laughing too much right now.

------
And while I'm at it:
Done with chapter 4 of Trails SC.
Man, every chapter climax still gives me goosebumps < 3

Still, the hardest thing about the game is to decide who goes in my party <.<
Olivier is obvious, but the remaining spot is either Tita or Kloe. Kloe usually has some good dialogue with Estelle and her 'special status' makes things fun, but since Agate is a fixed member and it's his home-region I'm betting there's a lot of interaction with Tita... Argh.
Any suggestions?

Soma S2 - 04

They definitely went back to season 1's style of delivery for this mini arc. I appreciate it since it makes sense. The preparation for this Shokugeki was important. That being saod next week will definitely be the episode everything is going to want to see. Specially after the fact that his opponent knew what ingredients Soma was going to use for his dish.

Hyouka 08-11

izNc00n.jpg

So he got it wrong and got fooled thanks to
his own sister
in the end :p

Finally got the dengeki bunko fighting climax kirito sao shirt, and also the hardcover Utapri complete visual book (was surprised it was hardcover, guess I didnt read the description). It looks so fancy in person and seeing the characetr sketches as well as big versions of many of the non idol-outfit arts is fantastic.

Alderamin on the Sky - up to the first third of ep3

It had some good reputation here but I'm not liking it.

After Seirei no Moribito I'm not willing to go from top tier character like Balsa to some insufferable smartass teenager(s).

Done with chapter 4 of Trails SC.
Man, every chapter climax still gives me goosebumps < 3

Still, the hardest thing about the game is to decide who goes in my party <.<
Olivier is obvious, but the remaining spot is either Tita or Kloe. Kloe usually has some good dialogue with Estelle and her 'special status' makes things fun, but since Agate is a fixed member and it's his home-region I'm betting there's a lot of interaction with Tita... Argh.
Any suggestions?

In the most pivotal parts of the chapter Tita will be a forced party member, so don't worry. I gravitated towards choosing Olivier and Kloe whenever I could.

javac

Got some interesting shows on the docket that I'm planning to watch, starting with one that I'm going to start tonight because I'm strangely in the mood :)

jonjonaug

&#55357;&#56864; &#55357;&#56864;
REALLY? Are otaku SO much into Pachislot that a company can get away with psyching us out like that?&#55357;&#56868; &#55357;&#56868;

There's an older MadoMagi pachislot game, that's what the "2" is referring to. I actually kinda want to try it, it has a bunch of cut-in videos that are original, including one that looks like a Fate/Zero reference (Homura riding around on a fighter jet) and some kind of bonus where Kyouko plays against Kyubey in ping pong.

Mandelbo

The thing I remember most about Tamako Market is it's soundtrack. Some *really* good stuff in there imo, even if the rest of the anime was forgettable to me (and even if the majority of the soundtrack isn't on youtube...)

The movie was good? I never really paid much attention to it - the story of the show never won me over, and it seemed like it would be a continuation of that, so I didn't bother. Seemed like Kyoani was pushing it more because it was their original IP (iirc) rather than it being popular. Then again, I don't know how it was received in Japan compared to the fairly lukewarm reception it got over here.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Does this thread also work as the general purpose anime thread?

Cus I'm currently watching Serial Experiments Lain, just got done with episode 8 and this sums up the show so far:
HnaCEmp.png

I couldn't begin to explain the plot to anyone who asked.

Cornbread78

Battery ep.3
Ah, the circus of assholes continues. I was hopibg for a good baseball drama anime, but instead I'm getting a basebalk themed "den of assholes" exposition. Harada is a miserable MC and Gou is surprisingly sinking to his level of assholeness. Show needs more grandpa and littke brother because those are the only two non-assholes in the show so far.

Aki-at

My Love Story! - 3

I thought this series might
drag on the level of Takeo's density but the two are already a couple!
Another great episode the Takeo emerging from under the bed had me in stiches haha. Also Suna really is best bro!

Cornbread78

My Love Story! - 3
Another great episode the Takeo emerging from under the bed had me in stiches haha. Also Suna really is best bro!

They do a great job balancing between bromance and romance throughout the show.

phaze

Cus I'm currently watching Serial Experiments Lain, just got done with episode 8 and this sums up the show so far:
HnaCEmp.png

And you don't seem to understand ...

Yes this works as general anime thread, feel free to post on subject of any anime.

My Love Story! - 3

That's what I loved about this series, I was afraid of another nisekoi in terms of dense MC but this the farthest thing from it, best rom com of last year.

The thing I remember most about Tamako Market is it's soundtrack. Some *really* good stuff in there imo, even if the rest of the anime was forgettable to me (and even if the majority of the soundtrack isn't on youtube...)

I can't listen to the track you linked due to region restrictions, but I didn't find any of the music in the first episode to be particularly good.

The movie was good? I never really paid much attention to it - the story of the show never won me over, and it seemed like it would be a continuation of that, so I didn't bother. Seemed like Kyoani was pushing it more because it was their original IP (iirc) rather than it being popular. Then again, I don't know how it was received in Japan compared to the fairly lukewarm reception it got over here.

It wasn't popular in Japan. One of KyoAni's weakest brands. That may actually be part of the reason they gave it a movie instead of a second TV season; see also Kyoukai no Kanata.

Yes, anything anime is fair game.

Lain relies heavily on symbolism and obscurity. Plot is not so important compared to theme and mood.

Cornbread78

Kono Bijutsuba ep.4
(Poor sensei being waifu'd)
Well, this was a step up from last week and the ending scene was kinda cute between the two. However, it's very 1-sided and she's got no shot being 3D and all.

Soma S2 E4

So the pace was slowed down again for a chance to emphasise again that BBQ girl is nuts for Yukihira but I'm not sure what else? Erina being mad for shojo is the first thing I think I like about her, needs more scenes like this I hope the reconciliation with Hisako gives her more growth. I'm glad I'm not reading the manga as it seems to have soured quite a few on the anime

Outcast Ep 4

Not sure why I continue to watch this, it's a less well executed Taboo Tatto but everybody is university age so it's less creepy with it's ecchi than TT so it has that going for it at least. I'll probably drop it once the MC and his tsundere get together, until then I can enjoy the way the flat intonation of her insults makes them seem so much more heartfelt.

Qualidea Ep 4

So this is also kind of bad but laconic onii-sama makes up for the MC being a jackass and the cliffhangers haven't gotten old yet so I look forward to seeing how
Sabrina
survives this.

Baalzebup

So those two do have their own lore. Cool, thanks guys. I'm actually enjoying this a lot, for such a weird premise, everything just flows and works perfectly.

I warmly recommend checking out Frontier at some juncture. It has all kinds of references to earlier Macross entries (I just read about them), but it definitely stands up on its own two feet and was an enjoyable ride.

Qurupeke

I warmly recommend checking out Frontier at some juncture. It has all kinds of references to earlier Macross entries (I just read about them), but it definitely stands up on its own two feet and was an enjoyable ride.

People should also watch the Macross Frontier movies, for the complete experience and the definitive ending.

I can see myself going back after I finish Delta, yeah. This show is a lot of fun so far. The way I'm ingesting it little by little is also great, it'd be cool if I was up to date with it but I'm so far back and watching so much this season, that having all of these episodes available for me to watch whenever I can is great.

ROUND VERNIAN VIFAM #07 The Isolated 14! Attack by Enemy Aircraft

Okay episode had one of the bravest little kids Ive seen in anime, the scene when the aliens was snooping around the building and Luccina had to handle it alone, so gripping.

Kents had good moments. I feel like HQ abandoned them though.
CopsUnGWAAAUhmW.jpg:small

Quasar

Battery 3 - And so yet again I'm made to feel more sympathetic to Takumi. I have to say because of the way its drawn I keep forgetting these kids are all 12-13 rather than 15-16. Which makes my reactions to their actions confused somewhat.

Aki-at

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable - 17

And here I was expecting from the new OP that this girl would
be Josuke's love interest, guess that ship sank pretty fast ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

The quickfire succession of poses pulled by the girl is the sort of stuff I love in JoJo and we're finally getting to the big bad but I'm enjoying even the episodes that have nothing to do with an overarching plot. Just the direction in every episode is brilliant to watch, if it continues at this rate it will be my favourite JoJo part.

They do a great job balancing between bromance and romance throughout the show.

That's what I loved about this series, I was afraid of another nisekoi in terms of dense MC but this the farthest thing from it, best rom com of last year.

You know prior to this I was watching Lovely Complex and I guess I lost interest in that because of how dense one of the MC is. Very surprised at how well this is handling both the bromance and the romance, I love it! Can't believe I didn't hear more about this show, at this rate they should end up kissing by episode 9!

Gvitor

Alderamin 04

Secretly one of the best shows this season. Yatori is a beast, and I loved the scene she shared with Icta afterwards.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
So uh...

Alderamin on the Sky is pretty awesome. I really like the main character, Ikta, and his motivations. A bit Gary Stu-ish, but in a loveable way. I guess he had no physical combat ability, which helps counterbalance his OP intelligence. Animation and art is top notch, while there's plenty of interesting things regarding the lore/magic involved in the show.

Also, Ikta's speech during the latest episode was pretty great. I felt inspired.

Watch it, humans.

javac

Just watched something amazing, will write about it tomorrow when I wake up, just as soon as I wipe this grin off of my face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom