• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

He directed the Death Parade ED after that. I would also keep an eye out for Yuri on Ice starting in October. Watanabe's been music producer on Sayo Yamamoto's previous 2 TV series, so it's likely for him to show up on this one as well.

Huh I wasn't aware of that. If he's on board with Yuri on Ice than that should be a treat for the ears. If that pans out it would be good to see that he's still around. To be honest though, when I said "Watanabe anime" I was more talking about something he directed/co-directed. I'm not really interested in a Bebop sequel but I'm always looking forward to the "next" Bebop/Champloo/Dandy if you catch my drift.

Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA 3rei!! 1-5

Everything is right with the world.

I actually never got that far into the 3rei!! manga, so after episode 4 is all material I haven't seen before. This marks the first time that I'll actually be watching the anime without already knowing what happens, since I had read the manga of the original and 2wei! long before the anime series began airings.

It's cool to see that when Illya installs the Saber card, she manifests as Saber Lily. Seeing Golden Boy version of Gil is quite entertaining too, it's nice that he learned how to call people mongrels from an early age because it wouldn't be right otherwise.

Why am I even using spoiler tags for this. Does anyone even watch this besides me or care about it?

Russ T

Banned
Eh, sometimes its good to let a strong, finished project just sit. I wouldn't rage against the machine if Cowboy Bebop 2 got announced but I'm more than satisfied with what we got. We don't need more, especially if you want to use the same cast. That being said, I could use more Watanabe anime in general. Has he really been radio silent since Terror in Resonance? (Space Dandy came out before that right?)

Well that's what I'm saying, though. No Watanabe project since Cowboy Bebop has had characters I love experiencing that much. Samurai Champloo comes close (and in some ways I like it more as a complete piece), but I want more of these specific characters.

Space Dandy is also one of my favorite sits in recent years, I love it a lot, but the characters are sort of just whatever that episode or story needs them to be.

Narag

Pokemon Best Wishes! 32
g9zliy5l.jpg
I never want to see pokemon romance again.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Gundam=Space Nazis
Legend of Galactic Heroes=Space Prussians. Think the other World War for a better idea. Yes, still autocratic/fascists/eugenics fascination, but Nazis are their sequel.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Sword Art Online II

Man, THESE FEELS. Just finished season 2 and Mother's Rosario arc. I didn't shed any tears but I was legit close lol. I think season 2 was even better than the first season.
The first half of the season was really interesting when they brought back the "die in the game die in the real world" possibility, and the Asada/Shinon character was really cool, as well as the whole BOB tournament and trying to figure out how the players were dying IRL. Then the excalibur arc was cool as the show went back to a non-serious tone and they were gaming for the fun of it and trying to get that rare quest item excalibur. I was laughing when they saw the fairy behind the bars that Klein wanted to save and everyone was like "it's a trap" haha. Then the final arc "Mother's Rosario" was completely not what I expected. I don't know if I've ever had feels like this watching an anime. Yuuki's story was really touching and how she wanted to get her & her friends names on the list before she died so it would be proof that they had once lived. Then how she was always so cheerful despite what she was going through and the whole story of what happened to her family. :( Then it was also cool to see Asuna back fighting again and taking a turn in the spotlight for a change. And also it was cool to see Asuna work things out with her mom, and the last after-the-credits scene with the whole group at the picnic.
I don't care what the haters say man, I really enjoyed Sword Art Online! Yuukiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :(

Also, any word on a possible season 3?

TUSR

Banned
Sword Art Online II

Man, THESE FEELS. Just finished season 2 and Mother's Rosario arc. I didn't shed any tears but I was legit close lol. I think season 2 was even better than the first season.
The first half of the season was really interesting when they brought back the "die in the game die in the real world" possibility, and the Asada/Shinon character was really cool, as well as the whole BOB tournament and trying to figure out how the players were dying IRL. Then the excalibur arc was cool as the show went back to a non-serious tone and they were gaming for the fun of it and trying to get that rare quest item excalibur. I was laughing when they saw the fairy behind the bars that Klein wanted to save and everyone was like "it's a trap" haha. Then the final arc "Mother's Rosario" was completely not what I expected. I don't know if I've ever had feels like this watching an anime. Yuuki's story was really touching and how she wanted to get her & her friends names on the list before she died so it would be proof that they had once lived. Then how she was always so cheerful despite what she was going through and the whole story of what happened to her family. :( Then it was also cool to see Asuna back fighting again and taking a turn in the spotlight for a change. And also it was cool to see Asuna work things out with her mom, and the last after-the-credits scene with the whole group at the picnic.
I don't care what the haters say man, I really enjoyed Sword Art Online! Yuukiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :(

Probably won't hear anything until after the movie.

Mother's Rosario And early Aincrad are by far the strongest parts of the show. Taking Kirito away as the MC and having Asuna in the spot light was fantastic.

zulux21

[

there is an original movie coming.

as far as I know the next arc in SAO is just wrapping up.

it's also unknown if that is all that is planned for SAO at this time as apparently it covers what was originally published online.

if the author calls it good we could see a season 3 that covers all of that.

if not, not sure as you aren't going to want to burn all the books right away for another season while the novels again slowly come out.

to my knowledge the anime as it is covers 8 or 9 volumes of light novels.
the next arc is 9 or 10 novels.

so yeah....

if they do it we might be looking at a 52 episode third season of SAO.

there is also a spin off to SAO called SAO progressive which covers the first arc in way more detail.

so we could maybe see a season 3, and after that progressive might be ready to be made into like a 52 episode version of the first arc :p

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
About Re:Zero

*Not LN Spoilers, Can be inferred from the recent episode*

Just in case someone didn't notice it from the information that was given in the recent episode,
Willhelm
is
Reinhard
's Grandfather.

Gungrave 8

This is exactly the sort of story you'd want from a mafia series. Exploring the conflict between personal ties between family and old friends and the bond of loyalty the organization expects. The final scene between Bear and Sid was touching.

Brandon has gotten better as a character. Ironically he's talking more as a lonely assassin figure than when he was at the heart of a group of close-knit friends.

Huh I wasn't aware of that. If he's on board with Yuri on Ice than that should be a treat for the ears. If that pans out it would be good to see that he's still around. To be honest though, when I said "Watanabe anime" I was more talking about something he directed/co-directed. I'm not really interested in a Bebop sequel but I'm always looking forward to the "next" Bebop/Champloo/Dandy if you catch my drift.

Watanabe said after Kids on the Slope and around the time Space Dandy was announced that he was hoping to direct a project per year. That goal seems to have crumbled after Terror though.

Line_HTX

91 Days 01

Holy shit, this hit the fan quickly, and wow, the music in the opening credits gave me the chills. It's like watching Godfather or some other crime drama.

That dark shadow over Angelo's eyes is definitely the look of someone who's been through too much after 7 years and returning to this wretched town. I almost thought he was going to do a Max Payne style of narration.

duckroll

When he returned to directing after a long hiatus, he said that his plan was to remain very active and to do at least 2 shows a year once he had momentum again. But in the end, after Kids on the Slope got a middling response, Japan ignored Space Dandy, and Terror in Resonance didn't even make the mildest impact, he seems to have given up again. Either that or his sponsors have given up on him.

Jarmel

Banned
When he returned to directing after a long hiatus, he said that his plan was to remain very active and to do at least 2 shows a year once he had momentum again. But in the end, after Kids on the Slope got a middling response, Japan ignored Space Dandy, and Terror in Resonance didn't even make the mildest impact, he seems to have given up again. Either that or his sponsors have given up on him.

I think TiR broke him. It seemed like he was all revved up for it and flop. I don't know if he's in the doghouse with producers either after Space Dandy's high profile crash and burn.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Terror in Resonance is quite meta. Much like the characters in the show, it tried to make a big bang but in the end no one really cared about what it had to say and it was soon forgotten.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So after ripping off The Ogre Who Cried and Moby Dick, what classic is Re:Zero going to use for an arc next?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
since for some reason people don't mention it.

shokugeki no soma.

foodgasms are awesome.
Well I'm watching it but I don't mention it because I assume if you've watched series one and liked it you're going to watch series two.

Sölf

I think TiR broke him. It seemed like he was all revved up for it and flop. I don't know if he's in the doghouse with producers either after Space Dandy's high profile crash and burn.

And that's so sad, because both shows were good. Even if Terror could have done without the Five stuff. In the end, all episodes with Five seemed completely unnecessary for the plot and were also not as good as the ones without Five. It was still a good show with a godly OST.

And Space Dandy is a great anime.

Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA 3rei!! 1-5

Everything is right with the world.

I actually never got that far into the 3rei!! manga, so after episode 4 is all material I haven't seen before. This marks the first time that I'll actually be watching the anime without already knowing what happens, since I had read the manga of the original and 2wei! long before the anime series began airings.

It's cool to see that when Illya installs the Saber card, she manifests as Saber Lily. Seeing Golden Boy version of Gil is quite entertaining too, it's nice that he learned how to call people mongrels from an early age because it wouldn't be right otherwise.

Why am I even using spoiler tags for this. Does anyone even watch this besides me or care about it?
I comment on every episode I watch. But the last episode was just the hot springs episode so there wasn't much to say.

Aki-at

What's worth watching this season? I've been slacking hard.

Everyone's already said these two but I'll say it again, Mob Psycho 100 and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable.

Oh and Thunderbolt Fantasy caught me by surprise though that's not really an anime... but it's so much fun and better than almost every other show this season :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom