• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Next "Let's Watch" has been posted:

Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit

NKGWsWX.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=212837934#post212837934

This one is a much slower burn than Mazinger-Z was, but a much better and more coherent story as well.

V6YLKO3.gif

John Blade

Lmao this anime trending just hitting new low.
It's a by week rating, was episode 4 any good? I know qualidea started at like #20 on that list.

I usually like this ranking because I find it's an accurate ranking of what is popular with the more casual watchers. Also aside from the missing Mob psycho 100 most anime in this top 10 are pretty good.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It was scientifically proven by top Anime scientists that AnimeTrending should never be taken seriously.

Cornbread78

Qualidea Code's an interesting show, and had that shocking ending to episode 4 and again at the end of episode 5 had all sorts of fu(kery to it.

evI6jbH.gif

ep.5 Spoiler:
Overall, it's not a very good show and they
killed off the best fu(king character, so......

yeah.. I would put about 5 or 6 shows airing this season above it.

jwxvjQx.gif

S51tYoz.gif

Because waifu wars matter to some, here is the third "main" girl in the show.

Finally caught up with Re:Zero, I can understand the Rem love, her waifu levels are pretty crazy.

Also I was kinda disappointed
when Subaru refused her when she confessed, but at the same time at the beginning of the episode Puck makes it a point that he will destroy the world should Emilia die (though one could argue that the knights or some large group might be able to stop him) so unless they find a way to save her, fleeing to another country would only delay the inevitable.

The one thing I was really scared about is also that in that episode where Rem disappear due to the whale, Subaru would have change his current situation enough to create another checkpoint, thankfully that wasn't the case.

Finally I was glad Rem managed to bring him back to his sense in episode 19, hopefully he will be slightly less pathetic for the rest of the show thanks to her.

Lmao this anime trending just hitting new low.

Hahahahaha signal/noise ratio here is off the charts, Qualidea Code is utter trash 'twist of the week' guff. As Cornbread notes they've
nuked one of their only interesting chars but I'm willing to bet we're only one or two more eps from onii-sama getting to fulfil his life's wish to save her and probably twice more before the season is out

SOLDIER

Prisma Illya would be a thousand times better if Rin and Lluvia were the main characters.

the yuri pandering would also be much less disturbing....in fact it would be very much appreciated

John Blade

I don't guarantee those Japanese audience have good taste every time as they're show which is terrible but somehow do well from Japan. That's why I avoid those list and just go dig around to find some of the hidden gems show or movie which their not too interested in them.

Sölf

Yo, AnimeGAF. Let's see how good you know your animu.

I made a quiz early last year. I also posted it here, like, 10 threads back or so, but you all ignored me and I hate you for that. So I just repost it, because I saw that the link was still working. xD

http://share.cherrytree.at/showfile-18952/soelfs_challenge_v2.mp3 (it should play in the browser, else just download the file).

This thing has 50 songs in it. Those are either Opening, Ending or Background (insert songs count as background in this case). Each show only has a single entry, but Naruto, Naruto Shippuuden and Naruto Movie 1 could all have seperate entries. I want to know two things:

- First: Name of the anime. If a song plays in several seasons of the same franchise, I want the first occurence. For example, Fuwa Fuwa Time from K-On! appears in S1 and the movie, so the correct answer would be "K-On!".
- Second: Is it an Opening, and Ending or Background? I don't want to know the exact name of the song. But if you want to show me your giant anime know-how manhood, you can write that down.

And to spice things a bit up, if you (as in: AnimeGAF) guess all things correctly until, let's say, Thursday this time (it's now 4:15 PM Monday in Germany, so in 72 hours), you may choose an avatar for me I will wear for a month.

Deal?

duckroll

Picked up Guilty Gear Xrd Sign on Steam. It's pretty anime. It's pretty fun. It's pretty. Story Mode is literally a 1-cours CG anime. Lol.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sölf;212846205 said:

I made a quiz early last year. I also posted it here, like, 10 threads back or so, but you all ignored me and I hate you for that. So I just repost it, because I saw that the link was still working. xD

I didn't ignore this last time. I just didn't know any of the answers.

Qualidea Code's an interesting show, and had that shocking ending to episode 4 and again at the end of episode 5 had all sorts of fu(kery to it.

ep.5 Spoiler:
Overall, it's not a very good show and they
killed off the best fu(king character, so......

yeah.. I would put about 5 or 6 shows airing this season above it.

Because waifu wars matter to some, here is the third "main" girl in the show.

You really think Canaria is dead?!

Sölf;212846205 said:

And to spice things a bit up, if you (as in: AnimeGAF) guess all things correctly until, let's say, Thursday this time (it's now 4:15 PM Monday in Germany, so in 72 hours), you may choose an avatar for me I will wear for a month.

Deal?
The avatar thing is cool I'll give it a try. You should not worry too much though since I will probably fail miserably.

Sölf

You can dicuss this in the open and work together on it. Heck, you can even google for lyrics if you think that helps.

blurr

Heard good stuff about Guilty Gear Xrd, been planning on buying but lol steam backlog. It's become a dumping ground for games.

Yuru Yuri 01-02

So I forgot to cancel my CR Premium sub after the 14 day trail so it ended up charging me for a month lol, thankfully it isn't much. Anyways, I'm getting around to watching this show.

Show is very reminiscent of Lucky Star which is a good thing. Humor feels like a yuri-spin + parody of generic high school anime situations and archetypes which works out well due to reactions and really cute designs. It's funny how the second episode was around a character having a flu and her friends visit - this is exactly what happened in the first episode of Lucky Star as well. Toshinou Kyouko reminds me of Konata and her relationship with Ayano was much like how Konata was with Kagami. I'm sure there's more than just that.

First episode had some cool camera work at certain instances which stood out, little had me laughing out loud but nothing particularly put me off. Second episode had quite a few hilarious moments with the student council president and junior 'rivals'. It's amusing how everyone relate to the main cast and how everything ties up particularly in one comic segment.

True to its name, everything is a yuri.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hahahahaha signal/noise ratio here is off the charts, Qualidea Code is utter trash 'twist of the week' guff. As Cornbread notes they've
nuked one of their only interesting chars but I'm willing to bet we're only one or two more eps from onii-sama getting to fulfil his life's wish to save her and probably twice more before the season is out

Was this a literal nuking?

Sölf;212847285 said:
You can dicuss this in the open and work together on it. Heck, you can even google for lyrics if you think that helps.

Ok so I tried it and dude! either it's way too hard or I am one filthy casual, out of the first 20 I only identified the opening of FMA, which is #3 I believe.

You might want to sit down for this bad news Im about to share.

They are not that bad really. I really liked their Top 3 last season.

1.Kiznaiver
2.Re:Zero
3.My Hero academia

And it was a close ranking too, it was like 48000 votes +-1000 each.

Ascheroth

Sölf;212846205 said:

http://share.cherrytree.at/showfile-18952/soelfs_challenge_v2.mp3 (it should play in the browser, else just download the file).

This thing has 50 songs in it. Those are either Opening, Ending or Background (insert songs count as background in this case). Each show only has a single entry, but Naruto, Naruto Shippuuden and Naruto Movie 1 could all have seperate entries. I want to know two things:

- First: Name of the anime. If a song plays in several seasons of the same franchise, I want the first occurence. For example, Fuwa Fuwa Time from K-On! appears in S1 and the movie, so the correct answer would be "K-On!".
- Second: Is it an Opening, and Ending or Background? I don't want to know the exact name of the song. But if you want to show me your giant anime know-how manhood, you can write that down.

Deal?

Well the first is Kill la Kill, Background. I've listened to like 10 more and have no idea ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SOLDIER

Re: Zero 19

I thought they were implying that anyone who gets killed/eaten by the White Whale would be forgotten by everyone else, to the point that they no longer existed.

The fact that this episode was filled with grieving soldiers wanting to take revenge makes me wonder if this is going to get explained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom