• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
*Huge Qualidea Code ep.5 spoiler*

http://i.imgur.com/rZ9HR4n.gifv

Enjoy, they just had a great "moment" of good character development right before that and there was a possible confession incoming, but.....

As a friend who is growing increasingly disenchanted with the show told me,
an alien basically just drops from the sky on top of her.

MZHWosr.gif
I don't suppose they can say "we come in peace" now.

I did a long treadmill run on Sunday and decided to fill it all with anime.

Re: Zero 19

I picked this picture up off of a reddit post I read after the amazing 19th episode. I loved the ring tone they did. Apparently the production team held up a cellphone to a mic to record it, but there was also a lot of arguments about what kind of ringtone would play. The picture above
is basically saying that Subaru wasn't the first Japanese person to visit. It's now believed that the man who took care of the white witch the first time around was also Japanese.
Once again this episode proves that Rem is Best Girl. There is some kind of side story light novel thing where Subaru and Rem do their deal, but it sounds a bit too tragic for me.

Dragon Ball Super 54

Vegeta isn't just a prince, but a king among dads. He pretty much has his dad game on point in this series. It's kind of sad that he isn't the main character.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventures Stardust Crusaders 12

A Joseph heavy episode. Reminds me of some of the goodness from Battle Tendency. The return of Hammon is always a welcome sight to me. I'm not a fan of the villain of the week vibe from this show, but at least they always get right to the action.

Macross Delta 3

Codependency Japanese style! Will they or won't they end up holding hands by the end of the series? At least the music is fun and up beat.

I also watched half of the first episode of the One Piece filler, but I wasn't really excited by it. Any word if the Barto stuff is good? He's a funny guy but it got super creepy when he wanted to see Luffy pee.

Syrinx

Amanchu! 5

Best episode. Ai and Makoto were funny and add a nice extra dimension to the show beyond just Pikari and Teko (and Sensei). Although I am a little disappointed that ocean diving seems to be a ways away until Teko can get herself certified and summer rolls around in the show.

Lmao this anime trending just hitting new low.

This has to be a joke right guys? Right??

I did a long treadmill run on Sunday and decided to fill it all with anime.

I picked this picture up off of a reddit post I read after the amazing 19th episode. I loved the ring tone they did. Apparently the production team held up a cellphone to a mic to record it, but there was also a lot of arguments about what kind of ringtone would play. The picture above
is basically saying that Subaru wasn't the first Japanese person to visit. It's now believed that the man who took care of the white witch the first time around was also Japanese.
Once again this episode proves that Rem is Best Girl. There is some kind of side story light novel thing where Subaru and Rem do their deal, but it sounds a bit too tragic for me.

Well someone posted a spoiler from the LN that could explain this.

kewlmyc

Picked up Guilty Gear Xrd Sign on Steam. It's pretty anime. It's pretty fun. It's pretty. Story Mode is literally a 1-cours CG anime. Lol.

I know, it's great. It's funny how the Blazblue anime got so fucked up, that ASW just started making their own in engine anime with Guilty Gear.

Was this a literal nuking?
Sorry that would have been way too much fun,
more like something swallowed her whole out of literal nowhere at the end of an episode so quickly it wasn't really animated

Edit: Excellent gif, yup that's two whole frames for that after the PowerPoint presentation for the final hit on the big bad that episode, such Qualidae

Hajime no Ippo 4

Irradiation really helps sell the training sequences. I want to root for Ippo just from this music alone.

I'm somewhat surprised we having seen Ippo's mom ask him about his new boxing habit. She seems to care enough about her son that him coming home bruised would make her concerned, and if she knew he wanted to become a pro boxer I would think she would worry about the prospects for his physical health.

phaze

Sölf;212846205 said:
Yo, AnimeGAF. Let's see how good you know your animu.

I made a quiz early last year. I also posted it here, like, 10 threads back or so, but you all ignored me and I hate you for that. So I just repost it, because I saw that the link was still working. xD

http://share.cherrytree.at/showfile-18952/soelfs_challenge_v2.mp3 (it should play in the browser, else just download the file).

This thing has 50 songs in it. Those are either Opening, Ending or Background (insert songs count as background in this case). Each show only has a single entry, but Naruto, Naruto Shippuuden and Naruto Movie 1 could all have seperate entries. I want to know two things:

- First: Name of the anime. If a song plays in several seasons of the same franchise, I want the first occurence. For example, Fuwa Fuwa Time from K-On! appears in S1 and the movie, so the correct answer would be "K-On!".
- Second: Is it an Opening, and Ending or Background? I don't want to know the exact name of the song. But if you want to show me your giant anime know-how manhood, you can write that down.

And to spice things a bit up, if you (as in: AnimeGAF) guess all things correctly until, let's say, Thursday this time (it's now 4:15 PM Monday in Germany, so in 72 hours), you may choose an avatar for me I will wear for a month.

Deal?

Where do I turn my weeb card. This shit is still way too hard

Kill la Kill "don't lose your way" background
FMA OP4 Rewrite
Samurai Champloo ED I think ?
Shingeki no Bahamut OP "Something something Black and White but "THE WORLD IS SO GRAYYYYYY"
I swear, there is an orchestral track from Advent Children
Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2 Gig (I think) OP "Origa"
I've been racking my brain for 5 minutes over it but I think that flute-something track was from Madoka's previews.
F/Z OP2

Naruto Shippuden 470

An actual canon episode.

And not a shit one, well as far as the source material allows it.

What is this sorcery.

Thanks fillers.

duckroll

I know, it's great. It's funny how the Blazblue anime got so fucked up, that ASW just started making their own in engine anime with Guilty Gear.

Daisuke Ishiwatari doesn't fuck around. Was he behind Blazblue? Or is Guilty Gear exclusively his baby. Because even after all these years, he still does EVERYTHING on it - character designs, story, script, storyboards, animation, music. It's crazy!

Daisuke Ishiwatari doesn't fuck around. Was he behind Blazblue? Or is Guilty Gear exclusively his baby. Because even after all these years, he still does EVERYTHING on it - character designs, story, script, storyboards, animation, music. It's crazy!

I don't think he's as central to Blazblue, but he has written music for that series.

I'm not good at fighting games, but I have enjoyed some of the Blazblue story mode, particularly the gag endings. Maybe I should think about getting Guilty Gear sometime.

Theonik

He does music for BB but his main thing is GG.

Ascheroth

Where do I turn my weeb card. This shit is still way too hard

Kill la Kill "don't lose your way" background
FMA OP4 Rewrite
Samurai Champloo ED I think ?
Shingeki no Bahamut OP "Something something Black and White but "THE WORLD IS SO GRAYYYYYY"
I swear, there is an orchestral track from Advent Children
Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2 Gig (I think) OP
I've been racking my brain for 5 minutes over it but I think that flute-something track was from Madoka's previews.
F/Z OP2

Adding Gintama OP9 (9:06) and Inferno Cop ED (16:54) to that list.
There are a few others that sound familiar, but can't quite put my finger on.

phaze

Mob Psycho 100 #5
Noooooo
not dimple. RIP

He'll be back right ?

A display of not only animation talent on the staff but of director's/storyboarder's prowess as they get to cover some fairly interesting things on the writing side, namely clash of Mob's and Teruki's life philosophies
and Mob's subsequent dejection.

------
Sousei no Onmyouji's second ED isn't much more than a bunch of stills but the lovely song and unusual art make it one of my favourites.

Orange 6

So I was wrong earlier, and Naho had not read the entire letter. I suppose I underestimated her fear of the future.

The scene between Naho and Kakeru alone in the park was really painful. Naho is trying to figure out how to help him, but ends up poking at a wound of despair deeper than she knows how to deal with.
At least with Suwa and Naho now on the same page, they can work together to figure out how to save Kakeru.
Naho is lucky that she has the friends she does.

Cornbread78

Endride ep.18
xzMSdVP.jpg

Well, that was a surprising development right there. I can't wait to see what happens next week now they Shun and Emilio were suddenly
transported to the real world where Shun is from
God some good insight into how everything was going downhill with Emilio's father as well. Now, who is the mysterious man they are referring to?

Orange 6

So I was wrong earlier, and Naho had not read the entire letter. I suppose I underestimated her fear of the future.

The scene between Naho and Kakeru alone in the park was really painful. Naho is trying to figure out how to help him, but ends up poking at a wound of despair deeper than she knows how to deal with.
At least with Suwa and Naho now on the same page, they can work together to figure out how to save Kakeru.
Naho is lucky that she has the friends she does.

Wonder if now Naho will fall for Suwa again, if it's only them two that share the same knowledge you know. Making them closer and whatnot.

Ah, so this is what the "SAO is the smartest anime ever" ex-Kotaku writer is up to now. Seems like this site will continue his legacy:

The ReLIFE article is neat though. I didn't think to check the lyrics of the ending songs when I watched the show, but I'm not surprised they were chosen for the sake of thematic relevance to the individual episodes, considering the care the anime put into the overall storytelling. It gives me even greater respect for the director. Thanks for sharing.

zulux21

I thought they were implying that anyone who gets killed/eaten by the White Whale would be forgotten by everyone else, to the point that they no longer existed.

The fact that this episode was filled with grieving soldiers wanting to take revenge makes me wonder if this is going to get explained.

It really likely is as simple as killed is different from eaten.

eaten = exist no more
merely killed = dead

Wonder if now Naho will fall for Suwa again, if it's only them two that share the same knowledge you know. Making them closer and whatnot.

I feel it's likely that
the rest of Naho's friends received letters as well. Especially this episode, they were very coordinated in getting Naho and Kakeru alone together.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
4:42 - Gintama - background - Toubun Tora ne Tonaa
6:20 - Cowboy Bebop - Cats on Mars (Edward's theme)
16:05 - Something by the singers of the Azumanga ED lol

That's really all I can add.

Cornbread78

I just realized how many blatant spoilers there are in the OT I created now that I look back at it. Kinda pisses me off because the character descriptions were really general to begin with but there were plot spoilers embedded right in there for stuff that like what this episode revealed as well as future reveals! I just had to chop up the OT to get rid of them...

Dammit ANN and MAL.

Hugstable

Banned
Mob Psycho 05

Wow that was amazing. Really liking this show and it's animation style so far

is dimple gone for good? didn't expect to see him go out so fast.

Also holy shit that ???%.

I feel it's likely that
the rest of Naho's friends received letters as well. Especially this episode, they were very coordinated in getting Naho and Kakeru alone together.
This would make sense and it is most likely why we are still being shown bits and pieces of the present (future?). All of these episodes are most likely leading up to how they did it. We already saw them all opening the "time machine" box, and that would probably be the basis of the idea to send stuff back, along with the class lecture that they had when they were young.

I just released how many blatant spoilers there are in the OT I created now that I looked back at it. Kinda pisses me off because the character descriptions were really general to begin with but there were plot spoilers embedded right in there for stuff that like what this episode revealed as well as future reveals! I just had to chop up the OT to get rid of them...

Dammit ANN and MAL.
Some descriptions on there can be ridiculously spoilery I agree.

John Blade

Well...the other show isn't catching me right now so, I am going to watch Godannar. Man...is been a while since I watch a mecha show.

tumblr_lya2cshFq41r244lmo1_r4_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom