• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sölf

Show by Rock!! Short 06
Of course, split a 2-parter in a 3 minute show apart and put another completely unrelated episode in between. Srsly, this show. xD
But the music was cool.

New Game 06

3NRxjFn.png

In universe childrens show, guys.
I probably laughed more in this episode than I should have. The overtime part was funny as hell. The cinema as well. I shouldn't laugh so much. Also this:

5iBJXs3.png

Yagami is right.

The music in the Flip Flappers PV sounds like something out of a (good) Rare game.

It's got this happy goofy beat to it and it puts this huge smile on my face.

ROUND VERNIAN VIFAM #21 Enemy Beam Attack? A New Tomorrow!

Kind of a pervy episode because of the bath scene but then also Scott being trapped in the room with all the pervy and lewd nude woman magazines. Hilarious because his VA is always shouting lines. His voice was amazing then all panicked and embarrassed, and then Sharon, lol.

Turn A Gundam - 23

Dianna and Kihel still being in swapped roles at this point continues to be an especially great element of the show. Teteh doesn't realize that the person she despises and is trying to murder is literally right in front of her, and Dianna's empathy for her
after her death was an especially well done moment.

convo

Superman at least fights back though. Not to mention the resolution of this felt like a copout and the show/One trying to have their cake and eat it too.

Mob is a kid who has yet to deal with his emotional problems which can't be brushed aside just because you don't care about it in general. The opponent in this episode got humiliated to change his ways and not a threat to begin with and the unknown thing inside Mob needed to make an impression to show that his brother has extremly deep fears about Mob that need addressing later.

Cornbread78

Taboo Tattoo ep.6
Wow, horny yuri princess continues to be gross. The plot also moved along quite a bit by introducing a new character, background stories for him and Izzy, as well as a confirmed ship with no love triangle crap? Thr shiw still isn't very good, but whatevs.

Quasar

Clearly I don't have enough anime in my life as I've lately gone down the path of dabbling in live action manga adaptations thanks to finding dramafever and now viki.

Watched a chunk of koinaka last night, which is a pretty straight up relationship melodrama manga featuring love triangles, shitty friends, childhood friends and friends who are bad at communication. Perfect anime fodder really.

Gvitor

Mob Psycho 95

The "I don't care about this spirit thing" gag would've been better if the countdown hadn't risen 2 seconds before due to it. Or risen like, centesimal percentage.

Still, other than that, solid episode. Didn't reach any high note in regards to humour, but the fight, if you can call it that, was very good.

I have no idea what an ochimusha is.

Jarmel

Banned
Mob is a kid who has yet to deal with his emotional problems which can't be brushed aside just because you don't care about it in general. The opponent in this episode got humiliated to change his ways and not a threat to begin with and the unknown thing inside Mob needed to make an impression to show that his brother has extremly deep fears about Mob that need addressing later.

So they get around the psychological block by having Mob go into berserk mode. Either they should have let it end up in draw like the first monologue suggested or make Mob consciously break his rule.

kewlmyc

Nah, I reckon Ruruka is gonna get redeemed. I mean to be fair she was the one being attacked.

Boytoy's a shit though. Dude's basically a trained dog at this point.

I'm mostly talking about their relationship up until Future, including the stuff we saw in Despair episode 4. How Ruruka just resulted to using Seiko because Seiko wouldn't eat her candy. All the meantime ignoring that Seiko has a deadly allergy to sugar. All of this could have been easily solved if Ruruka just made Sugar Free Candy, which also pisses me off.

Wow, the Story Mode doesn't have any fights? That's pretty crazy. But then ArcSys fighters have always seemed to care more about their story than most fighting games.

I like it better this way. You can just pop some popcorn and watch the story as if you're binging something on Netflix.

convo

So they get around the psychological block by having Mob go into berserk mode. Either they should have let it end up in draw like the first monologue suggested or make Mob consciously break his rule.

That's his own shortcoming for not being able to , his refusal to take action is rather huge but again this esper wasn't even worth getting mad about. It's when that guy started to get physical Mob got pushed into a corner because he won't use his powers on a human body. He fought back with his fists instead but that guy pushed him until he got unconscious. Just because Mob wasn't completly conscious when he went berserk doesn't mean he forgot, he fixes his mistakes at the end. He doesn't want it to happen and that's why he's supressing it. If you want him to make more expert uses of his powers you expect him to be a super hero already. Don't expect so much from him, if he already had his problems figured out we'd have nothing to discuss.

sonicmj1

Mob Psycho 5 was excellent. I'm not going to disagree that the second bit of narration was excessively heavy-handed, but everything else was both technically impressive and well directed to demonstrate this clash of wills.

???% mode establishes a new mystery about Mob's powers, and changes our understanding of him. It's not just a means of ending the fight, since the fight was already over. And that conclusion, showing Mob's resolve holding even with his life on the line, shows that he still has a ways to go.

This entire episode was drawing the contrast between Teruki and Mob. Teruki sees himself as the main character of the world, and uses his powers selfishly and ruthlessly to put down others. Mob sees himself as... a mob character, and refuses to use his powers for anything. While Teruki basically loses this fight, neither of the two extremes are healthy attitudes to hold.

Mob needs to grow more as a person before he can use his powers for self-defense. It's too early for him to change that radically.

I'm not sure what you want.

Cornbread78

Cowboy Bebop ep.24
Damn, full circle with the population on the ship... Both
Edward and Faye
took off to go "home." Was a surprisingly sad scene watching Jet and Spike sitting at the table stuffing their faces full of eggs..

It's the second description that really irritates me. Euphonium did the exact same thing where it would be like it was recapping something already on screen. In this case, the dialogue undercuts the emotional moment by explaining everything in a somewhat monotone voice.

Sound Euphonium? I don't recall that show having particularly notable use of narration.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mob Psycho 100 Episode 5:

This show is showing steady improvement and this is probably the most visually impressive feat of the season thus far. That being said, I am not losing my shit over what it your bog standard shonen rival fight and having Mob not fight back is not all the special either. Thankfully execution more then trumps the stale conceit.

Jintor

Sölf;212899488 said:
New Game 06

recall that a staple, wholly traditional japanese prank is to jam your fingers up someone's butt and this being a children's show seems perfectly reasonable

ROUND VERNIAN VIFAM #22 Come in, Jainus! Earth Army Engages!
CpYK0UxWcAADW2N.jpg

Wow I guess no one told them that Belwick was defeated?

Also only in anime would a commander leave a space ship in command of 14 and 15 yos. I love this.

Do people really hate Rezero that much on here? It's pretty fun and good or bad gives ya a lot of feels.

You can't deny the production values at least, or the way it's directed like episode 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom