• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was always fascinated to the America's fans interest and notalgia in Tenchi Muyo. It seems that series was published there just in the starting zeitgeist of anime in USA. Here in Europe that didn't happened, so basically we don't care at all for Tenchi Muyo, it's just another minor 90s series.

Hmmmm that seems a reasonable explanation most other nostalgia titles I see on here I recall at least hearing about but Tenchi Muyo was never one of them in Ireland anyways. LOL at the 'married them all' ending though, I guess To Love Ru Trouble Darkness 2nd wasn't the first to say 'hey why choose?'.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The reason why Tenchi Muyo is so believed over here in the states is because it got aired on the classic Toonami block right around the time Dragon Ball Z was blowing up and thus had its profile raised quite a bit.

Aki-at

The reason why Tenchi Muyo is so believed over here in the states is because it got aired on the classic Toonami block right around the time Dragon Ball Z was blowing up and thus had its profile raised quite a bit.

This is same for the UK.

Which is why you'll find plenty of people who consider it and Gundam Wing a classic. It was the first few anime properties that did well thanks to Dragon Ball Z hype.

Rewatching both shows isn't a particularly good idea.

Line_HTX

This is same for the UK.

Which is why you'll find plenty of people who consider it and Gundam Wing a classic. It was the first few anime properties that did well thanks to Dragon Ball Z hype.

Rewatching both shows isn't a particularly good idea.

Yep, I'm pretty sure if I rewatched Wing I would laugh out loud and hate it.

Anime is as good as waifu. Hence why your favourite anime is shit.

Don't say such cruel things!

suffering2yvjvd.gif

Tales of Zestiria the X 1 dubbed

So after checking I'm positive that even if they said that Mikleo's VA was different, he sounds exactly the same, but I am not complaining since that's really what I wanted. Sorey and Mikleo made Zestiria for me and having both VAs back makes the anime even better.

The dynamic between Sorey and Mikleo is also so good, I really love those two.

He sounds exactly like Meebo Im guessing he is using a fake name here!

JulianImp

Danganronpa 3 - Despair side #5
So, we skip half a year and go straight to Naegi's class entrance ceremony? I was expecting this show would focus more on things before the ultimate despair came into the picture, but not having played through the second game I have no way of knowing when the flashback arc is actually supposed to end.

Still, that timeskip straight to "coming soon: despair" felt really weird and forced.

He sounds exactly like Meebo Im guessing he is using a fake name here!
I mean it's pretty obvious it is the same guy but I really don't understand the fake name. I mean even during Funimation cast announcement they said they had almost all the original cast back except for Meebo.

They did not almost have it, they did have it. Makes no sense to me. People will realize it's the same guy anyway.

Ghost in the Shell

Gonna have to give this more time to sink in and take a good long look at what I just saw.

So at the end
the Major dies and what was left was her "off spring"?
It's the only thing I am really fuzzy on...

SOLDIER

Tenchi Muyo is an anime original property believe it or not and that solution has been in the background ever since the second OVA series as Jurian royalty often take multiple brides to sickening effect, looking at you GXP.

So where did the "he marries them all" ending come from?

Because that's not how it went down in Tenchi Universe (best ending) or any of the others.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Is "why does this harem anime end with a harem>?>??" the new "why does this incest show end with incest???"?

Jarmel

Banned
So where did the "he marries them all" ending come from?

Because that's not how it went down in Tenchi Universe (best ending) or any of the others.

It came from the original creator. He does these doujins (are they still doujins if you created the franchise?) occasionally that expand past the OVAs. We already know what Tenchi's kids look like and even who they get together with (Seina's kids). He also goes back to Jurai and ends up the ruler for a time there.

narusegawa naru won

More like Keitaro lost.

Eumi

Well fuck,
the despair sisters just stole the show.

Do you guys remember when this was about the DR2 class?

Cornbread78

A Certain Magical Index ep. 13-14
5n0Vjae.gif

Wow, great conclusion to the Misaki arc. Touma is a useless fool most of the time, but when the he has his mind made up the dude sure has some balls and stands up for what he believes in. I pretty much cheered the first time he got that punch in. The look on Accelerator's face was priceless. Good fight, and another well done feel good moment after all was said and done. This series has surprised me so far, but there is a LONG way to go.

Cornbread78

Nisekoi is dead to me now. Dead. To. Me.

The ending to Nisekoi was obvious from chapter 1.
Summer Anime 2016 |OT|
(exactly)

I'm not looking at those spoilers in hope they finally adapt the rest of the Manga. They can just skip through all the crap in the middle and just focus on closing out all of the characters to find the chosen one. That would be worth it alone to wait it out a little bit.

Theonik

Is "why does this harem anime end with a harem>?>??" the new "why does this incest show end with incest???"?
You could make the same arguments for both actually. Typical genre savvy doesn't lead to expecting harem shows to end in this way and early show dynamics also showed a different ending. Hindsight means it makes sense though.

image.php

Don't say such cruel things!

suffering2yvjvd.gif
You know it's true.

John Blade

anna_aoi__godannar_saison_1_episode_04__by_cloclo45-da9l0wz.jpg

Found out Shizuru have a crush with Goh in the past, Goh misunderstood Anna when she is talking with other people, and Anna want to be the best to beat the monster and get Shizuru to stay with the team. All isn't much important as we got to see another big battle with another monster while see more boobies bouncing around in a way boobies can't do in real life.

Taruranto

Really liking their cover for the second season dvd! It had so many good characters

I also always wondered why they did not make any more season of big windup...I was really sure it was super popular in Japan.

It's really weird, especially given the explosion of popularity for fujosports.

TUSR

Banned
We should go back to people speculating but not speculating about things.

I forgot to quote someone for this post.

SOLDIER

It came from the original creator. He does these doujins (are they still doujins if you created the franchise?) occasionally that expand past the OVAs. We already know what Tenchi's kids look like and even who they get together with (Seina's kids). He also goes back to Jurai and ends up the ruler for a time there.

So it's not an official anime ending.

Thank God.

SOLDIER

I can't wait for the new ending for the Final Fantasy VII Remake where Cloud marries Tifa, Yuffie, Ghost Aerith, an aged-up Marlene and a humanoid gender-reversed Red XIII.

.....Oh, so that's where those Red pups came from.

What were you expecting?

I was expecting
Ichijo to keep his goddamn promise. The stupid locket was so central to the plot I thought at the very least they would do the dumb "Chitoge is the promised one but we rekindled our love for each other even without the locket." But no, the good one, Onodera, was the promised one but Ichijo apparently is all like, "Oh well. That was a promise made so long ago and even though your the one I wanted to be with for most of the manga/anime, I feel Chitoge is too dependent on me now so I gotta be with her." Yeah, I knew he would chose her, but the circumstances now just add an extra sting to the whole thing.

Just for once I would like the childhood friend who's been with person since the beginning/non-tsundare to win just once.

(exactly)

I'm not looking at those spoilers in hope they finally adapt the rest of the Manga. They can just skip through all the crap in the middle and just focus on closing out all of the characters to find the chosen one. That would be worth it alone to wait it out a little bit.

No. Cancel the show. It doesn't deserve any more.

That's right.
The Puppetmaster's suggested merger is implied to have taken place.

Now watch Innocence.

Good to know that I wasn't too far off.

I'll watch it at a later time. For now...Garden of Words.

Battery Episode 5
CpmPYIMVIAALqfh.jpg:small

CpmP7_KVMAATkmL.jpg:small

Darn the seniors are really angry at Takumi, why do prodigies have to be treated such a way. Thankfully the scene afterwards was amazing and Takumi got to smile all over Go's house and be cared by him and wear his clothes and have food cooked by him, a fanfic come true. I usually read sports fics with such a plot so I guess I liked this plot.

The punishment is anger inducing. Just because he has a clean record he just gets off with time home while the rest of the team has to be punished as well. I bet this probably happens IRL too. He and those others whipped Taku and deserve stricter punishment, he wasn't even sorry for what even transpired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom