• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Not sure who is worse: her, or her loser assistant.

her, and it isn't even a contest.

(very very very minor manga spoilers)
we are in the middle of her redemption arc in the manga and it is by far the worst arc in the series. meanwhile her assistant's arc was actually enjoyable.

Eumi

me every time when people talk about AoT manga stuff

Once deemed trash, no one cares about spoilers anymore ;_;
I wouldn't say that, some people here are still spoiler tagging nisekoi, and that's like the trashiest show I ever saw.

That I'll admit to watching.

John Blade

71e.gif

A bit more info of a characters you see in the previous episode but isn't important till now, Lou. Can't say much except she lost her dad in the accident and now taking revenge by killing the monster who kill her dad. Other than that, it's nothing too crazy of the other characters except some comedy scene like above. Also, Goh lost lover is now recover and can move. Might cause some issue from the look of it.

Overall, a fun episode to watch but not much to say in the development of the current and new characters in the show.

Aki-at

Yep, I'm pretty sure if I rewatched Wing I would laugh out loud and hate it.

If it wasn't for this community I would have continued thinking Gundam Wing was legit good and held it to a high opinion.

So thanks animegaf for telling me how shit my teenage self's tastes were.

(Still love Zechs)

Cornbread78

Have you watched Nana yet?

Nana and Paradise Kiss as well.

I haven't watched Nana yet..... I guess I'll have to at some point.

I watched the first 6 episodes up until the point Georgie
takes her virginity in an awkward, yet realistic portrayal or a first time
but there was such a weird feeling I got watching that show that I haven't seen the second half of it yet.

I am the basement.

*Ducky Screams*

"mom, make me a chicken sandwich!"

Line_HTX

If it wasn't for this community I would have continued thinking Gundam Wing was legit good and held it to a high opinion.

So thanks animegaf for telling me how shit my teenage self's tastes were.

(Still love Zechs)

His dialogue was great, haha

I haven't watched Nana yet..... I guess I'll have to at some point.

I watched the first 6 episodes up until the point Georgie
takes her virginity in an awkward, yet realistic portrayal or a first time
but there was such a weird feeling I got watching that show that I haven't seen the second half of it yet.

I know you like the emotional drama, so Nana is definitely up your alley. I fucking love it too because it's Josei and not some trashy Shojo.

What? You didn't finish the back half? Shame!

71e.gif

A bit more info of a characters you see in the previous episode but isn't important till now, Lou. Can't say much except she lost her dad in the accident and now taking revenge by killing the monster who kill her dad. Other than that, it's nothing too crazy of the other characters except some comedy scene like above. Also, Goh lost lover is now recover and can move. Might cause some issue from the look of it.

Overall, a fun episode to watch but not much to say in the development of the current and new characters in the show.
I remember watching this show and being unsure if I was supposed to take it seriously or not with all the tits everywhere.

zulux21

His dialogue was great, haha

I know you like the emotional drama, so Nana is definitely up your alley. I fucking love it too because it's Josei and not some trashy Shojo.

the only really bad part about nana is that it never got finished.

though I think the TV series wraps up well enough.
there is no manga to finish though as the author still hasn't gotten back to writing it even though it seems like she is healthy again now.

Cornbread78

Battery ep.5
Well, we could see that one building for a few weeks now. It's amazing it went that far and they screwed the whole team over though. This den of a$$holes needed to be stopped somehow.... This was probably the best episode to date for the show.

Line_HTX

the only really bad part about nana is that it never got finished.

though I think the TV series wraps up well enough.
there is no manga to finish though as the author still hasn't gotten back to writing it even though it seems like she is healthy again now.

How long has it been? I hope she's back in good health for real.

zulux21

How long has it been? I hope she's back in good health for real.

since july 2009.

talks that she is healthy have been going on since 2013 or so.

she has done some promotional stuff for nana since then such as a calendar, but hasn't shown any signs of continuing the manga.

to be fair she likely made enough money from the manga to not need to draw anymore, and the fan expectations at this point likely make it hard to continue the story.

phaze

Naruto Shippuden 471 Oh hey, it's a cockroach flashback nr 1xxxxxxx

Clearly even Pierrot recognizes what a shit character cockroach is if they devote so little effort to such a pivotal episode for him.

-----------

By the way, everyone and I mean everyone should see next episode of Naruto.

I've been waiting so long to see it animated.. Watch and behold as Kishimoto takes his rightful place among such masters of the craft as Araki or Togashi.

Taruranto

THIS IS NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE, WE SWEAR

The pacing this episode was pretty weird. The characters interactions looked almost rushed or... mechanical? Kinda weird compared to the more slow-paced first episodes.

Should have spent more time on the first half, me thinks.

John Blade

latest

Well...now we know a bit more of Goh previous partner/lover, Mira Ackerman who suppose to die from the flashback scene we saw but somehow survive with another partner Goh know. Unfortunately for Mira, she lose her memories and basically have a mind of a child.

For Goh, founding out his partner survive is something he didn't expect but at the same time, his past feeling toward her is going to cause issue with him toward Anna. As for Anna, she manage to be friend with Mira and help her during this time to try to recover. All sound happy and lucky but this end with a battle between Goh and his partner and friend in the base, basically stolen one of the super robot. Didn't help Anna now know the secret between Goh and Mira which cause a big tension.

Overall, suppose to be a character development episode which work as you got to know a bit more of Mira and some more development with Anna and Goh. Will be fun to see what will happen next and if Goh and Anna will work together now that Anna know the secret.

Line_HTX

since july 2009.

talks that she is healthy have been going on since 2013 or so.

she has done some promotional stuff for nana since then such as a calendar, but hasn't shown any signs of continuing the manga.

to be fair she likely made enough money from the manga to not need to draw anymore, and the fan expectations at this point likely make it hard to continue the story.

Ahh, OK. I definitely would love to see an ending, but if not, all the best to her.

zulux21

Ahh, OK. I definitely would love to see an ending, but if not, all the best to her.

she at least isn't giving fans hope there will be more like hunter x hunter is :p

really if he is that ill I don't get why he just didn't finish the series after the ant arc instead of starting a new arc that looks huge in scope.

that and I also don't get why he just doesn't get someone else to draw for him while he just tells them what needs to happen, I mean his art is not anything special at this point any random intern could likely match or surpass his art >.>

Line_HTX

she at least isn't giving fans hope there will be more like hunter x hunter is :p

really if he is that ill I don't get why he just didn't finish the series after the ant arc instead of starting a new arc that looks huge in scope.

that and I also don't get why he just doesn't get someone else to draw for him while he just tells them what needs to happen, I mean his art is not anything special at this point any random intern could likely match or surpass his art >.>

Yeah, well I'm not into battle shounens anymore so I can't say I'm into Hunter Hunter. Definitely better than a lot of other battle shounens but not much.

I thought his wife draws for him since they're both really famous?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
For those who are fixated with the opening of a basement in Attack of Titan, may I suggest the show The Trap Door. In every single episode the door to the basement is opened and its contents revealed.

zulux21

Yeah, well I'm not into battle shounens anymore so I can't say I'm into Hunter Hunter. Definitely better than a lot of other battle shounens but not much.

I thought his wife draws for him since they're both really famous?

not sure, just know he has back issues that are keeping him from working that he has been dealing with for years. and it would have made a lot more sense to end the manga series and focus on his health instead of starting a new arc that he likely won't finish in his lifetime :/

and it isn't even like the ant arc was a bad place to stop as we basically got
the initial goal of the main character resolved at that point @_@

Line_HTX

not sure, just know he has back issues that are keeping him from working that he has been dealing with for years. and it would have made a lot more sense to end the manga series and focus on his health instead of starting a new arc that he likely won't finish in his lifetime :/

and it isn't even like the ant arc was a bad place to stop as we basically got
the initial goal of the main character resolved at that point @_@

Wow, if that was achieved, what's the point now?

phaze

For those who are fixated with the opening of a basement in Attack of Titan, may I suggest the show The Trap Door. In every single episode the door to the basement is opened and its contents revealed.

I hope you're getting amply rewarded for your determined and skillful shilling of the most inconsequential and forgotten British shows.

By Ministry of History and Archeology or something.

zulux21

Wow, if that was achieved, what's the point now?

idk, for some reason despite health issues he decided it would be a good idea to introduce a major new threat and expand the world to many times the size of what we were dealing with before.

I haven't actually read the most recent chapters so things might have changed, but last I saw he was setting up for a huge arc that at the pace he releases chapters would take 50-75 years to finish >.>

John Blade

latest

Well...the conclusion of the fight between Goh and Max and got a very touching speech from Anna. Not too crazy to say but you got to found out a bit more from the talk between Max and Goh. Nothing too crazy to say really except they is some dark secret at the end and see this weird change of Max body.

ibyea

Banned

But then how are you going to get the riveting experience of anticipating what is in the basement while watching the gang take a million years to get there? :p

Cornbread78

THIS IS NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE, WE SWEAR.

Lol, get ur mibd outra the gutter.

Your lie in August.

much like ghost in the shell to the other person.
easily in my top 5 sound tracks.

Soon..

I'll try to correct both wrongs at sone point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom