• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

1PDsJA3.png

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Battery The Animation Episode 5:

Well then, I was not expecting the title of this show to refer to the other sort of battery. That being said, this show deserves praise for the levels of loathsome Takumi truly is as he accidentally becomes a symbol for toxic sports mentality.

Cornbread78

Wolf's Rain ep.3
-
62f505c0ee349067d3c67037389dae10.jpg

Excellent episode. I guess the journey begins now as they search for paradise. Lots of questions still, bit I'm guessing they will be answered in time.

Danganronpa 1 Chapter 3

This wasn't really much of a whodunit, because the villain was so obvious, so blatant, I have to imagine most people got it welllll before the trail started.
Huh, maybe I should suspicious of this person whose personality has suddenly become a lot more direct this chapter....and is clearly motivated by the money...and is a manipulative psychopath.
That said, I still enjoyed the general mystery of it, because the manner of the crime was easily the most complex yet. (Also the comic-esque closing argument segments at the end of each trial? Those are awesome. I'm surprised the Ace Attorney series doesn't do the same.)

That case was really disappointing for me.
You'd think the ultimate gambler/liar would be able to do something better then that travesty. At least she got Hifumi killed. Still love her design though

John Blade

Wolf's Rain ep.3
-
62f505c0ee349067d3c67037389dae10.jpg

Excellent episode. I guess the journey begins now as they search for paradise. Lots of questions still, bit I'm guessing they will be answered in time.

You actually going to watch it. This is great news. Are you watching it in Eng dub or Jap dub? Would stick with the Eng as it's the much better dub I have heard. Also, be prepare for the journey which get interesting and will answer quite a few questions while at the same time one of the better anime I have watch for a while. So much stuff is done so well in the show.

Ohhhh YES! Digimon TRI chapter 1 has that sweet sweet 1999 dub music all over again.

DI-DI-DI-DIGIMON!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IvLiGKviOw

I'll buy 10 copies TOEI!

I don't even care that it's English

This is terrible. At least make the remix decent...

At this point watch the sub if you want the original ost. I personally don't mind at all give me all this stuff, this is what makes digimon digimon for me.

I am so happy they are going with this.

Gimme all those cool songs like with the old movies AND I want to hear Omnimon scream Transcendent SWORD and SUPREME CANON.

Kick it up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A47RcHC7YXc

I'm going digital
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K68P14NCLBQ

Here we go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lay27jy8Kc8

ibyea

Banned
Pokemon XY: 9
The gang fights a killer gym robot.

Now imagine the above words with the It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia episode title card and music.

Cornbread78

Wolf's Rain ep.4
hqdefault.jpg

Wolf/man vs. Armed all-terrain robot, it's not even fair.... at least they fou d a creative way to escape snd hopefully, mr. Tsundere wolf knocks it off soon. I want a good wolfy bromance here.

Gvitor

Danganronpa Despair 02

This is the most I've laughed during anime in a while.

Also, some of the scenes were way more 18+ than I thought lol

"just the tip"

Turn A Gundam - 24

Another great episode.

Loran is a fantastic Gundam protagonist. It really fascinates me on just how unique of a MC he is compared to lots of other male MCs we see nowadays.

He's a pacifist, but isn't afraid to fight. He's innocent, but he's not naive. There's this likeable, childish charm to him that just puts a smile on my face. He tries his hardest to talk sense to his opponents rather than lose his cool and go straight to tearing them apart.

This was especially apparent in this episode where Loran gets socked in the face by the Red team's leader and keeps talking to her like nothing happened. But his words don't reach her because the hatred she had for Dianna had been festering for generations due to her being a descendent of one of Dianna's subordinates left on Earth, making her feel even more guilty than she already was. That ending scene with Loran dancing with her after telling her how much he loved the Earth and revered her was just beautiful.

Danganronpa 3 Despair Arc - 05

AAAAND THERE THEY ARE. The episode was called "The Beginning of the End" for good reason. Hold onto your seats folks, the true despair arc begins now.

Aijn: Demi Human 8-13

This remained fantastic. I found it surprising that the focus sort of shifted to the villains just wrecking shop for the latter half of the season. The attack on Grant Pharma is the sort of thing I expect to see in a big budget superhero movie nowadays, and I found it really well executed.

Then to follow it up with Episode 12...I think it was one of the most impressive action thriller episodes of anything I've seen in years. Inventive and intense.

I can't wait for season 2.

Cornbread78

Wolfs Rain ep.5
tumblr_inline_ndu68dUOCw1sv8q1f.gif

Damn sick way of living for the these guys. Poor grandpa wolf... I guess these guys are going yk learn a bunch of tough lessons along the way.

Turn A Gundam - 25

Cpn8RSaUsAAmK3u.jpg:large
Cpn8YPWUEAU7Drl.jpg:large

Cpn8cSmVIAAbl86.jpg:large
Cpn8giiUIAA9lHR.jpg:large

Little gags like these are the best.

About time Loran took a stand to this Laura nonsense he's been labelled with by Guin for 25 episodes. He's starting to realize that he's just being used by him this whole time.

The end of this episode was pretty interesting. Borjano made an interesting analogy with her calling Loran a Cougar rather than an Angel, and hinted that once Loran's had enough of taking orders from Guin, he'll go after him, which apparently is something that he actually wants.

Music was on point with the fight in this episode. The Turn A slicing the WaDom to pieces and using his freaking beam sabers as deflector shields against enemy fire was great.

Yuru Yuri Season 3

It was a bit of a drag to get through some of the episodes, but there were quite a few episodes that had me on the ground laughing. Still isn't as good as season 1 or 2, but it's hard to really top those. I would be fine if they stopped here. The direction they went this season was a little weird and if they were to continue going in that direction I don't know if I would stay with it. I think it would be good for it to end here. I would be satisfied.

Cornbread78

Sweetness & Lightning ep.6
I totally want some friggen Peeking ravioli or Potstickers now.. All you boys out there without paternal instincts should be ashamed for dropping this cuteness, lol. I know, I know; it's still super cute to me atleast, lol.

Line_HTX

Some of us don't have the real responsibilities like you, Kiritobread. It hasn't hit us yet.

It's completely different once you experience it for yourself.

Cornbread78

Some of us don't have the real responsibilities like you, Kiritobread. It hasn't hit us yet.

It's completely different once you experience it for yourself.

Lol, yeah, no need to rush it, I was waaaaay too young, lol.
😎

I can see why sobe dropped it already, I'm also not thrilled at they way Kotori has been reacting towards semsei lately..

javac

That reminds me, I should work on my Kiznaiver write up, I have some (possibly) interesting things to say about it. Its been a while.

Crocodile

GuP sucks so its not surprising the movie sucks too.

For the sake of not shitposting: I didn't like GuP because I didn't like the characters, I didn't like the aesthetics, I didn't like the humor, the narrative was banal and most of the battles weren't interesting.

What's the difference between a premise where the protagonist cannot lose, and a premise where the protagonist losing doesn't matter?

Functionally there isn't a difference which always amuses me when people pretend like there is. All the matters is execution and tone. What time of story is the show trying to tell (comedy, drama, etc.) and how well does it sell you on making encounters engaging. That's all that matters and all that has ever mattered.

I remember watching this show and being unsure if I was supposed to take it seriously or not with all the tits everywhere.

Yes

That reminds me, I should work on my Kiznaiver write up, I have some (possibly) interesting things to say about it. Its been a while.

Id be interested in reading it. Finished it myself but had no intention of writing too much, as I don't have the time or patience to write a mega post for it.

Quasar

Sweetness & Lightning ep.6
I totally want some friggen Peeking ravioli or Potstickers now.. All you boys out there without paternal instincts should be ashamed for dropping this cuteness, lol. I know, I know; it's still super cute to me atleast, lol.

Easily my show of the season, and probably in my top 10 for the year assuming it stays this good.

Of course Flying Witch was my show of last season, so my tastes probably do skew a bit differently to most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom