• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
This room bah gawd

SoKtW05.jpg

This is what happens if an otaku gets a large sum of money and has at least an small amount of taste.

Edit: Just noticed what was in the museum piece. lol

dickroach

I'm interested in watching Ping Pong. is the funimation thing worth signing up for past the free trial? what they got all up on there?
(I got crunchyroll and hulu and netflix)

BluWacky

Red Garden 7

Herve's story and the background mythology it ties into is much less interesting so far than that of the girls.

I hope you'll find him more interesting as the series goes on; I certainly did, and appreciated the time the show spent on developing him. Is it the fact that
he's only a bad guy because he's trying to help his sister
that you found less interesting? I suppose it's a somewhat cliche way of trying to create a sympathetic villain.

Qurupeke

Macross Delta 20
t0iV9sZ.png

Mirage is the worst.

Nice ending, we'll probably get some answers next week. Nurse Maki is best Maki.

The scene with Freyja, Mirage and Hayate better not lead to Hayate realizing his feelings for Mirage...

Mendrox

This room bah gawd

This is what happens if an otaku gets a large sum of money and has at least an small amount of taste.

Those To Love-Ru figures... I've got to get rich...like now. Thanks for the motivation.

Ascheroth

Twin Star Exorcists #19

As cheesy as those attack names were, that was some damn awesome stuff right here.
All those different Resonance combos, Rokuros new talisman in action and Benio got a power-up as well.
And Yuto continues to be such a punchable piece of shit, it's great. But he's got the power to back it up.
Best Basara Kamui made an appearance, too.

An all around great episode.

Took a couple episodes until the full group of antagonist's appeared to quickly sink the show into shit territory.

Yeah until that point I could just about hand wave the crappier bits for the pretty well animated fights but once the princess showed up it all went to shit. I'm stuck hate watching it though as every week it just gets less and less coherent in a fashion that has become strangely compelling, heed my fate gentle reader and don't even bother.

Twin stars exorcists 19

This was sooo good. I loved everything about this. Yuto is the best ass ever, that VA makes him x10 better. All those cut-ins looked so cool and gave a very video-gamey feel that I really like. They also help the sometimes lower level animations moments, but that is if they needed to do that, which this episode did not need at ALL. It probably is the best looking TSE yet I think.

All those screamed attack moves sounded so good. I really love the VAs for TSE.

I can not wait for next week.

Food Wars S2 7

This on the other hand continues to disappoint, it's a shame since the last 2 weeks were better. The flow is all messed up and they cut so much stuff. I really liked S1, but S2 just doesn't give me the same feeling. Probably because they focus less on the great thing about Food wars, the characters.

Weird since I really loved the manga of these moments.

Cornbread78

Yeah until that point I could just about hand wave the crappier bits for the pretty well animated fights but once the princess showed up it all went to shit. I'm stuck hate watching it though as every week it just gets less and less coherent in a fashion that has become strangely compelling, heed my fate gentle reader and don't even bother.

It's definately the "Big Order" of the season.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Why did nobody warn me that the final Lupin 2015 episode has some fat guy in an anime shirt as the villain...this is so far beyond stupid...

Sölf

This room bah gawd

First, I need that much room. Then I need that much money to buy the stuff. Also, how fucking huge is this friggin figure?

Why did nobody warn me that the final Lupin 2015 episode has some fat guy in an anime shirt as the villain...this is so far beyond stupid...

Which episode was that? Since I watched the entire show, and I'm pretty sure the main villain was
Leonardo da Vinci, cloned by MI6
. It makes sense in context, and the twist was great.

JulianImp

Something something warawa *molest girl*.

It's funny that the MC and BB's relationship sounds kind of what I'd expect if Archer was still his idealist self to Shirou. All that constant talk about him being the hero of justice the MC wants to be was just cringe-inducing.

It isn't a Big Order by a long stretch (gropey hime-sama isn't nowhere near as bad as all-but-explicit incest flashbacks), but it's still your typical edgy shonen with a sprinkle of ecchi that it handwaves as normal, and it's a real pain how the ecchi scenes are somehow being used like random comedy skits (ie: MC's childhood friend sees him sleeping at the dojo, decides to straddle him and gets all flustered when he wakes up... ffs).

blurr

New Game 07

is it wrong I saw this before MP100

WHAT IS DONE IS DONE

Unfortunately I practically saw half of what this episode had to offer through screen caps on twitter.

As for the infamous Barium enema scene, note that Aoba only mentions "Barium" but doesn't specifically say enema so the poor thing doesn't actually realise it is an enema. Hope the manga has her horror of realization.

Ahagon is actually a programmer guess it was too much for me to expect a producer from this show.

Line_HTX

Umiko did scold Ko for not telling Aoba to be wary of errors in compiling. I mean the console messages were right in front of her face, lmao

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Which episode was that? Since I watched the entire show, and I'm pretty sure the main villain was
Leonardo da Vinci, cloned by MI6
. It makes sense in context, and the twist was great.
26, which was not part of the Italian run.

Jintor

New Game 07

is it wrong I saw this before MP100

WHAT IS DONE IS DONE

Unfortunately I practically saw half of what this episode had to offer through screen caps on twitter.

As for the infamous Barium enema scene, note that Aoba only mentions "Barium" but doesn't specifically say enema so the poor thing doesn't actually realise it is an enema. Hope the manga has her horror of realization.

Ahagon is actually a programmer guess it was too much for me to expect a producer from this show.

Isn't vaguely dark girl who has to drag kaminya back to her duties the producer?

blurr

Isn't vaguely dark girl who has to drag kaminya back to her duties the producer?

Mob Psycho 100

Very good episode, sibling parallels being relayed with lots of cool visual cues.

It's a sham but Kageyama Jr fell for the dark side driven by a sense of self-loathing.

By the looks of it Onigawara seems to be becoming an interesting character - terrific visualization of his rage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom