• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qurupeke

Eupho S2 counts. We don't know what awaits them. Heaven or Hell!?

Macross Delta 20

Why the fuck are these girls so good at hacking super secret military shit? Windie White Knight dude better watch his back, mysterious guy in glasses is always a turncoat and always the true final boss.

I think they foreshadow the merchant guy as the final boss actually.

I was trying to see if there was anything I was excited about to watch for the fall season but there is nothing really that stands out. Eupho S2 doesn't count since we already know what were getting there... (not really excited for it)

So, from the below, can you guys help me fill in the blanks on some of these shows and tell me what we should be expecting form them, or what some of the key points of each would be? I'm trying to get excited here.....

Watashi ga Motete Dousunda (Kiss Him, Not Me)
- reverse harem
- Funny?
- Romance?
-

Nanbaka
- need a good comedy
- interesting setting
-
-
Anyone can read the nanbaka manga on CR, I dont know if anyone is reading it.

Kiss Him Not Me is funny and the characters are interesting, also shes an otaku which makes for some interesting moments getting her to interact with the guys at least from the few volumes Ive read (im not current).

I dont know if id call it a reverse harem.

Cornbread78

That and Qwaser are his best trash.
;P

I couldn't even get through 1/2 of the 1st cour of Quasar though.... Some day I'll go back, but I have much better stuff to catch up on than to watch that 13 yr/old boy do those things, lol....

Weren't he watching
the other
HxH this season? ;P

HxH and Taboo Tattoo have become hate watches for me this season. I though HxH could at least be fun like Hundred was, but nope, it's just bad softcore hentai.

Kiritobread is a family man, strike strike witches
Well, unless you actually watch Strike Witches first at least ;P
I watched both seasons of Strike Witches plus the movie.
I can't say it was a bad experience.

Hmm.... I might give this one a try at some point, but I'm going to finish Wolf's Rain, MAgical Index and start Last Exile first...... Oh and also mix in more Fairy Tail because last nights diversion back into it was fun.

duckroll

Thunderbolt Fantasy - Episode 06

Good shit. Probably the best characters the Butcher has created since Fate/Zero for sure. Still can't get over how detailed the puppets are. Awesome costumes.

jonjonaug

That tweet says that he's been working on it for 16 months and that it's something he can't believe happened. Likely not Madoka or PP and a fair chance it's not even anime.

Cornbread78

Eupho S2 counts. We don't know what awaits them. Heaven or Hell!?]

Yuri baiting/teasing and lots of band drama... That's what's coming...

Anyone can read the nanbaka manga on CR, I dont know if anyone is reading it.
Kiss Him Not Me is funny and the characters are interesting, also shes an otaku which makes for some interesting moments getting her to interact with the guys at least from the few volumes Ive read (im not current).
I dont know if id call it a reverse harem.

Hmm, I might take a look and see what it's all about. The synopsis doesn't sound to appealing, but it's got the right tags to interest me, lol.

LuffyZoro

Interesting. Most railgun fans seemed to dislike s2 because it was not fluffy like s1 and it instead retold a Index storyline from Misakas pov.

I actually kind of wondered how it worked for railgun only people as I felt it relied somewhat with people already knowing the story as told in index.

I really liked Railgun S2. The only issue I had with it was that most of the main cast aside from Misaka wasn't really involved in the plot much.

Can someone tell me why my quoted posts aren't green anymore on mobile? This started happening out of the blue, and I keep missing responses lol.

As for the Urobuchi announcement, I too am hoping for Psycho-Pass.

Qurupeke

Pokémon

Anime was a mistake, it's nothing but trash.

image.php

Szadek

Monster - Ep. 26
Well, this is the most we have ever seen of Johan so far.
Looks like we get to see very different side of him this time around.

Baalzebup

HxH and Taboo Tattoo have become hate watches for me this season. I though HxH could at least be fun like Hundred was, but nope, it's just bad softcore hentai..

You know, I find it absolutely fascinating how fast you took on the hate-watch aspect of animu :D Usually it takes a bit of time, but you dove right into it along with the hobby of anime in general.
Pretty sure he's watched more anime than some folks that have been doing it for years and years. That may explain it.
Yes, I'm sure this is a factor, and one of the reasons why I don't find it the least bit strange. Rather, it is merely amusing.

You know, I find it absolutely fascinating how fast you took on the hate-watch aspect of animu :D Usually it takes a bit of time, but you dove right into it along with the hobby of anime in general.

Pretty sure he's watched more anime than some folks that have been doing it for years and years. That may explain it.

Gvitor

... alright, I watched the episode now.

I can't complain much. The fight was great, pure hype. Very creative, great animation, fast paced, with a fantastic soundtrack alongside it.

The problem is Mega Chari X. That thing has the biggest plot armor in this show.

Fuck you Ash, I hope Lysandre destroys Kalos.

Syrinx

Koufuku Graffiti 12-End

That confusion seemed unnecessary for this ending. Particularly since you knew Ryou wasn't going to tell Kirin "No you can't move in!". That said, the part where Akira gives Ryou her grandmother's old apron was solid.

I'm not sure this is my favorite SHAFT show, but it might be their most underrated. Of course, tbere won't be another season because life is cruel.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Thunderbolt fantasy 6
This show keeps getting better with each episode. Final boss appear, but i'm sure he's just going to say hi then go back to his throne

gargles

Danganronpa 3: Despair - 6

We're moving into despair territory and that opening change showed it. Inverse colors, Hajime fading and despair eyes for everyone except Chiaki. Things are getting interesting.
And that ending...
Mitarai did meet Junko. Wonder if she influenced him, and how did FF recruit him.
Monday can't come soon enough. We're definitely losing someone next Future episode. Either him or Juzo.

I'm liking both parts more than I thought I would.

Cornbread78

I think Kiritobread has seen and finished way more in a short amount of time, I wanna say, 2 years, than the rest of us in that same time period, lol
Yes, I'm sure this is a factor, and one of the reasons why I don't find it the least bit strange. Rather, it is merely amusing.

I've slowed down my consumption quite a bit this year since it has been much MUCH busier at work, plus a majority of my free time has been taken up by Trails of Cols Steel on my Vita. Yes, my Vita has been very happy, lol. That and Cold Steel II, World of Final Fantasy and Exist Archive all come out for Vita in the next couple months...

Not only did I do that, I also tried changing the theme from black to white and then back to black. I can see the quote, but it's as if you quoted someone else.
Yup someone has changed something on the back end, mobile Firefox isn't highlighting quotes for me but desktop still is

Yeah, same for me on the mobile site (using Android Chrome) /the colors are gone.... I'm surprised nobody has made a thread yet, lol.

The Great Passage staff and cast:

Staff
Director: Toshimasa Kuroyanagi (Shounen Hollywood, Say I Love You)
Series Composition: Takuya Sato (Say I Love You)
Original Character Design: Haruko Kumota (Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu manga artist)
Character Design: Hiroyuki Aoyama
Animation Production: ZEXCS

Cast
Mitsuya Majime: Takahiro Sakurai
Masashi Nishioka: Hiroshi Kamiya
Kaguya Hayashi: Maaya Sakamoto

Kuroyanagi has a low-key live-action-ish direction style, so he seems like a good fit for this material.

Maaya Sakamoto?! Sign me up, please sing the ED or OP song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom