• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exalted

Hunter x Hunter 111

Just finished watching the episode where they start the invasion on the palace, and wow this episode was really hype :) Such a tense episode, and damn did the chairman had a great entrance. Didn't like the ants arc that much at the beginning, but the later parts are one of he best this show has produced so far. Regardless of what happens next, i can now see why this show is considered one of the best shounen ever created.

Geist-

So I'm rewatching all 3 seasons of Full Metal Panic! again, dubbed because I've already seen subbed, finished the first season (some good parts, but mostly awful), and now I'm on the gem that is Fumoffu. Holy shit, this is just as funny as it was when I first watched it. If Second Raid wasn't also pretty good, I would think this should have been what the entire franchise consisted of.

Currently, I'm on Fumoffu Ep.7, and Sousuke training the rugby team is leaving me on the floor, clutching my chest. It's amazing how much better this is in English, the drill instructor lines, the censorship that lets me know exactly what he said(Filthy! Absolutely filthy!), the rugby players fetishizing the rugby ball. I'm fucking dead.

Slime starts out OK but quickly devolves into typical isekai nonsense with very little self awareness. Spider has interesting concepts but is slow as balls and wouldn't make for a good anime.

I don't think much of early Overlord, but I think I'd like to see the later volumes adapted. After a certain point the author seems to realize just how dumb everything is and it sort of turns into a parody of itself while emphasizing just how much of a shit person the protagonist is.

Boooo that slime idea sounded ace, an MC reborn as a lvl 1 mook terrified of righteous heroes ah well.

Your impression of the LN for Overlord is fascinating as it seems as if Madhouse at least knew the idea was tosh right off the bat, the show is very silly in tone with the exception of the try hard edginess of
Clementine
. I'd trust them to bring out the better side of the story if it ever gets more seasons.

Battery Episode 6
CqKV1uqWAAAAlgw.jpg:small
CqKRm_QUMAAgGui.jpg:small

Every phone scene always starts with Takumi's feet, guess the animator likes them.

I kind of like this team focus I dont think any other sports series Ive seen had characters on the team be split so much or have someone hate someone that much
to quit over. Surely Nobunishi could work through the differences especially with his faction

Still wonder how this is affected Takumi, has he ever wished of just living as well.

Conan-san

Oh is this the line for bagging on the PKMN writers for being a bunch of cowards who haven't the balls they were born with?

Possible comeback for that new Madoka project?
Fucking no. Rebellion planted that series so hard into the ground that it counts as the green ranger of Team Alchemical. It's dead jim, it's so dead as to be skeletal.

phaze

Naruto Shippuden 472
01851889s4k.jpg

Was there ever a more fitting epitafium ?

How fitting that the last episode spend on cockroach is 3/4 quarters filler.

But the fucker is gone

finally

and done

and dusted

and kaput. Never to be mentioned again. hahahahahah I'm fucking ecstatic.

That fucking preview hAhahahhaha

Fucking no. Rebellion planted that series so hard into the ground that it counts as the green ranger of Team Alchemical. It's dead jim, it's so dead as to be skeletal.

A new Madoka project was announced last year with a concept movie that was shown at several exhibitions in Japan. They're making a new one.

I despise Rebellion as well, but I'll still look forward to this new thing to see what it turns out to be.

Szadek

It was a huge success financially and the Concept Movie sure as hell looks like a teaser for a sequel.

Having said that, fuck Rebellion. Seriously, fuck that movie.
Hopefully we get a better ending to the series soon so I can stop pretending that the manga ending is canon.

I think I got 20 minutes into Rebellion realised what was happening and lost all interest. I must go back just to see it play out but man was that choice was a disappointing one.

duckroll

It's a feature film coming in 2017. Directed by Kobun Shizuno & Hiroyuki Seshita, Story Concept and Script by Gen Urobuchi, Animated by Polygon Pictures.

jonjonaug

We've gone from fruit samurai to wuxia puppets to 3DCG kaiju. "Urobuchi's wild ride" is starting to mean "what will he do next" IRL instead of "what will happen next" in his stories.

cordy

Banned
Oh is this the line for bagging on the PKMN writers for being a bunch of cowards who haven't the balls they were born with?

They killed any interest I had in the anime. Ash should have won and then lost to the Elite Four. That's sets him up for the next seasons where he loses to them until he wins and then? He does the same against the Champion. Even do a champions league.

There's ways they could have done this and kept it going.

Just stupidity.

ROUND VERNIAN VIFAM #42

Well episode count kind of implied what happened but still sad to see
I didnt think it would be Clare who the title would be referring to but wow, and she was just right there. How did her dad not hear her until he was on the shuttle. Worst yet they were really going to leave folks behind? What.

The hell are you talking about, I'd love to see what Godzilla's family problems are like.

[Godzilla dad enters scene]

Godzilla Wife: *Godzilla roars he's late for dinner*

Dad Godzilla: *Godzilla roars he had a tough day at work and doesn't need this shit*

Kid Godzilla: *Godzilla roars to his parents he can't take this anymore that they should just divorce if they hate each other this much*

[both look at each other with saddened eyes]

[Blink 182 'Stay together for the kids' starts playing]

Jarmel

Banned
The art for Anime Limited's Tokyo Marble Chocolate set looks really nice, anyone vouch for the show itself?

It's not a show but just two OVAs and it is fairly decent. Probably the best thing Shiotani has done.
[Godzilla dad enters scene]

Godzilla Wife: *Godzilla roars he's late for dinner*

Dad Godzilla: *Godzilla roars he had a tough day at work and doesn't need this shit*

Kid Godzilla: *Godzilla roars to his parents he can't take this anymore that they should just divorce if they hate each other this much*

[both look at each other with saddened eyes]

[Blink 182 'Stay together for the kids' starts playing]

Why are you describing a scene from Godzilla '98?

Quasar

I was trying to see if there was anything I was excited about to watch for the fall season but there is nothing really that stands out. Eupho S2 doesn't count since we already know what were getting there... (not really excited for it)

Well for me its all about Natsume S5. My most hyped for show all year. If its as great as other seasons I imagine it will be in my top 5 for the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom