• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
ROUND VERNIAN VIFAM #43 The Preemptive Attack Begins!

Scott was hilarious especially meeting Muhrer. Im glad he got the captain log, I miss his recordings in it.I hope he does pursue being a captain if they ever make it back to Earth.

Clare and Scott manning the buggy will be missed.

Pokemon makes me sad

It's possible...

I think I did 200+ episodes of one pieces when I was younger during spring break in 5 days

But how young are we talking here. Because when I was a little kid I could watch the 101 Dalmations several times a day every day. Or play Pokémon Blue, beat the league and start a new save just for fun.

Obviously can't do that sort of thing anymore (nor do I want to lol)

Qurupeke

Yona of the Dawn 1-4
nMt3E7w.png
Pretty cool show. I really like the setting, the characters are pretty nice so far, the story is interesting and many twists will follow I assume. Yona is still on the typical depression state that follows after a shocking event, but fortunately, she's handling it a lot better than it seemed at the start. And I'm sure that Su Woon is being manipulated for this rebellion, I doubt he's the big antagonist considering someone killed his father.

I think I didn't like two things though. First, it uses comedy a bit too much for the generally serious atmosphere. It's refreshing and it's mostly used appropriately, but there are still some moments that feel weird because of it. Like some of the initial dialogues with Su Woon or the joke with the son of the Fire Clan general despite the grave situation. The second is something that hasn't appeared yet, so maybe I'm a bit hasty. It seems that many "superhumans" will join the party later. I'm a bit disappointed that this takes such a turn, I hoped it would be more down to earth. And maybe I'll actually like all those guys, but they certainly scream "generic shounen designs".

Anyway, so far so good. I'll keep watching.

Taruranto

Angry people #6

Hey new ED out of fucking nowhere!

This is probably the first episode in which I can sympathize with people saying the characters are... dicks. The first half was kinda of a mess.

Reading some of the manga pages here and there, it becomes obvious they are skipping most of the slice-of-lice scenes and Harada smug/funny personality is lost. (It kinda resurfaces in some one-liners, I guess)

Animation is reeeeaaaally bad. And it's not getting better.

But how young are we talking here. Because when I was a little kid I could watch the 101 Dalmations several times a day every day. Or play Pokémon Blue, beat the league and start a new save just for fun.

Obviously can't do that sort of thing anymore (nor do I want to lol)

I was in early high school at that point. Could probably do it so long as you get longer holidays

Yonafunu

Battery 6

Harada is weird. Really, everyone in this series is weird. But damn, some people need to chill out. The characters are starting to feel less natural, I think. Kaionji is probably the most relatable so far. I loved the little match at the end though. Some good animation there. This episode was a cut above the previous ones in places, in terms of character art and animation (the baseball moments and the meeting on the field, specifically).

Angry people #6

This is probably the first episode in which I can sympathize with people saying the characters are... dicks. The first half was kinda of a mess.

Animation is reeeeaaaally bad. And it's not getting better.

I agree with the first part, to an extent, but disagree with the second. The animation is far from bad, especially in this episode. In fact, I find myself pleasantly surprised every time they play baseball, as Harada's pitching animation is on-point and crisp every single time, in every episode so far..

Yona of the Dawn 1-4

Pretty cool show. I really like the setting, the characters are pretty nice so far, the story is interesting and many twists will follow I assume. Yona is still on the typical depression state that follows after a shocking event, but fortunately, she's handling it a lot better than it seemed at the start. And I'm sure that Su Woon is being manipulated for this rebellion, I doubt he's the big antagonist considering someone killed his father.

He's the antagonist for Yona, but... it's complicated. You'll see as things go on that the situation is far from black and white.

I think I didn't like two things though. First, it uses comedy a bit too much for the generally serious atmosphere. It's refreshing and it's mostly used appropriately, but there are still some moments that feel weird because of it. Like some of the initial dialogues with Su Woon or the joke with the son of the Fire Clan general despite the grave situation. The second is something that hasn't appeared yet, so maybe I'm a bit hasty. It seems that many "superhumans" will join the party later. I'm a bit disappointed that this takes such a turn, I hoped it would be more down to earth. And maybe I'll actually like all those guys, but they certainly scream "generic shounen designs".

I hear you about the comedy; probably my biggest complaint about the show is how it relies on manga-style visual comedy which can feel out of place with the rest of the show. That's a common pitfall, of course, but thankfully Yona of the Dawn keeps it out of the important emotional sequences for the most part, and I do appreciate the directorial creativity displayed in the comedy, even if I like the direction for more serious moments better. As for your second point, this is fantasy, and there are supernatural powers of various kinds. I wouldn't consider it generic shounen though. Most of the anime will be about unraveling the backstories and characters of the Four Dragons (well, two of them in particular), and it handles them quite well. You should hopefully enjoy it.

Taruranto

Metal Gears Chisa #6

I know this is supposed to be sad, but I really can't get over Chiaki character. She's so ridiculously pander-y. I didn't like her much in DR2, but then they pulled a YOUR WAIFU IS NOT REAAAALLLL, which somewhat redeemed her (and the plot-line) in my eyes.

But now, it turns out Chiaki was based on a real girl, who obviously is going to die. It really just feels incredibly manipulative.

On other hand I kinda feel sad from Mukuro. It really just seems she doesn't know any better.

As for Junko, I'm not really sure how this really fits, continuity-wise. She's not exactly been stealthy, she murdered a bunch of people in daylight last episode too, it just... doesn't feel right.

Oh yeah, it looks like Juzo is in love with Chisa... meh. Wasn't a fan of that development, and it didn't look like it was the case based how quickly he got over her death in the future arc. (If anything it looked like he was into Munakata more than anything, lol).

Cornbread78

Art Club Problem ep.7
First half of the episode about the art contest was pretty funny and we know she's thirsty and all, but she's gotta put them panties away, lol. 2nd skit was dumb becsusexI don't really care for either featured character, lol.

Sölf

Overlord episode 2

1Qt4Bsj.png

WTF am I watching?

The best show. I need Novel 2 like right now.

Yona of the Dawn 1-4

Yona is great. I started reading the manga, but I am far from catching up. But the whole political situation is really interesting. It's one of those shows that give me the vibes to play Crusader Kings II (or Fire Emblem when we come to the main cast).

John Blade

1471559396708.jpg

Taylor's obsession quinceañero Gamboa Arronis by a Japanese cartoon, which can be viewed online, took him to hang himself in his home in Street Desamparados Failures.

Own child's parents confirmed to DIARIO EXTRA that version and opened the doors of his house to tell the tragic story of his son, who inexplicably fell for a character from anime (fable of Japanese animation) called Ikaros and himself for meet her in another world.

The newspaper more Sale in Costa Rica was found that it is the fable called "Sora no Otoshinomo" which in Spanish translation looks similar to "The lost property from heaven" meaning.

Ikaros is a kind of angel who comes to the life of a young Japanese, who, according to the series, leads a quiet and peaceful life, but since the arrival of that supernatural being everything changes forever.

"Angel" has super powers fail to remove underwear women who have large breasts, his actions always incite sex and morbid actions.

After several months watching the soap opera cartoon anime genre, Gamboa Arronis took the fatal decision guindarse with a string tied in a perling who is in his room, after securing a letter, which left his parents, who loved unconditionally to one of those women.

Note that the character Ikaros uses a chain on his neck, so the boy's parents believe he wanted to imitate when suicide.

DAILY EXTRA spoke with Wendy Gamboa Arronis Obando and Jesus Ramirez, who regretted what had happened to his son, however, they seek his testimony that history is not repeated in any Costa Rican home.

"On August 16 he was 15 years and 1 month and the day he was killed, I never expected to do what he did, we knew he was in love of a bichillo named Ikaros, comes in a fable called" death notes'. He placed a metal chain on the neck and tied in perling not left dangling, was very tall, made no effort to grab anything, could do with some notebooks, I saw from the window, "Jesus said.

With his watery eyes, this heartbroken father revealed the final details of his son, who wanted to rescue him.

"We have a letter that says he wanted to die for the sake of bicha, was delighted with Ikaros, he asked God to forgive him, to take him to be next to the ferret and if not in the gates of hell would to be with her. My wife got up at 5 a.m., he knocked on the door and did not answer me, I looked out the window and saw him suspended with chain; I dug and when I got out was purple, he did not remove the chain, which he used in his pants, I warmed her chest and told me that maybe God will give me back, but I could not do anything, "he explained.

This couple now has lost one of his three sons calls on citizens to not see the Asian series.

"I burned all things, shirt, cassette, pins and posters, was in the seventh year of college, did not like studying, the money that we gave to eat spent in that cartoon, was obsessed, I thought the doll was alive. We want to help many young people who are obsessed with these dolls to them to ignore and that parents are more aware of their children, the bug has a long chain with large breasts, "he said.

Meanwhile, the mother says her son had a bag with dolls in school notebooks put strange things.

"He wrote that he loved her, is lovely love, seeing that the doll was not done in life, he wanted to die to be with her, even took pills to try as be with her. We gave chamomile, call the Board and referred us to the clinic, is the meanest institution there, just take us silver, my son is with God, "he said.

The mother of the teenager said that left no sign on the wall as he wanted to survive, was quiet.

"Since I started school was strange, removed, was aggressive, did not want to hold him or her to speak, no kisses, did not want anything, only to ask for money, was not Taylor who was loving, he was lonely. The bride of it was that demon disguised in a drawing, wrapped it and became obsessed, when I read the letter I was shocked, lived in love, the doll tormented him, not sleeping, "he said.

Wendy Arronis discovered through written that if he could not be with her in life, it would be death.

"At 2 a.m. opened the bedroom door and went to sleep in the hammock, I sent him to lie down, did not want to eat, just spent playing that day (Tuesday) got up late, had coffee, regular down. A like it was going to be on your side, do not know if he believed in his world that dying was going to meet her, never expecting that, I always wanted to study and be a good man, gave money to recharge, "he said.

This young relatives and friends Tuesday they gave the last farewell at the cemetery in Alajuelita.

"Japanese heavy metal music I listened, I never heard a bad word, was polite, all side had written that he loved this figure, never abide to review their notebooks, but would not let us into the room. I wanted to kill the doll down and up the stairs of the house to topársela and when we were burying trembled strong, was a sign that God was receiving in their laps, "he said.

Arronis, who gave permission for your child to attend an event of these characters in the Children's Museum, ended with a call to censor publications such all they do is destroy lives.

http://www.diarioextra.com/Noticia/detalle/304162/quinceanero-se-suicida-por-novia-imaginaria

AnimeGaf....plz don't kill yourself for your waifu.

Sölf

Dat google translate though.

And of course not, how would I continue watching anime then? Or finishing my backlog
(as if that would ever happen during my lifetime)
?

Line_HTX

What country is that newspaper? And wow, what the hell at that person.

No way in hell will I kill myself, John Blade. There's too many things I want to watch and look forward to every season, lol

Sölf;214166964 said:
Dat google translate though.

And of course not, how would I continue watching anime then? Or finishing my backlog
(as if that would ever happen during my lifetime)
?

Something something your backlog and waifu are Scheisse.

;P

jonjonaug

Overlord episode 2

1Qt4Bsj.png

WTF am I watching?

Something that doesn't get OK until volume 5 and actually fun and good until volume 8 or 9. The anime covers up to volume 3 and cuts out the one really good scene from that volume.

It's good for hate watching though. Even when it's bad, Overlord at least has the decency to be ridiculously trashy instead of boring.

EDIT: Also Aoi Yuki does a great job as a crazy psycho murderer, that was nice.

EDIT2: Also the author has some weird hangups with women, so get used to lines like that. In the entirety of Overlord there's like one non-one-dimensional female character who isn't insane, a monster, defined by their connection/deep infatuation with a male character, or who dies in a cheap attempt to create a tragic moment. And you've already seen everything she does in the anime so...yeah.

John Blade

What country is that newspaper? And wow, what the hell at that person.

No way in hell will I kill myself, John Blade. There's too many things I want to watch and look forward to every season, lol

It's from a newspaper in Costa Rica and yes, it's google translate which is really bad but give you an idea of what the news is about.

The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. Episodes 33 - 35 Noisy New Year’s

Great way to make a generally good event into one that could have huge implications for Saiki's friendships. I wonder if they will ever truly find out.

Love the Kaidou part with them both with the same chuuni stuff.

Danganronpa 3 Despair Arc - 06

This had to be the best episode yet of any of the two arcs. I've made my favouritism for this arc known previously, but I re-iterate: this is the best arc. This feels like Danganronpa. Future is interesting and entertaining, but it feels like a different product *cough*onethatisinspiredheavilybyzeroescape*cough*.

If I were to rate both right now, I'd say this one gets an 8, while Future gets only a 6.

Grexeno

Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy - Despair Arc 06

Yukizome sneaking around with normal clothes and the "I am an intruder" hat.

Tamako Market 9

This was better than average for Tamako Market, but not as good as I expected it to be from all the praise I heard. Tamako's dad's backstory was sweet, but it was confined to a small segment at the beginning and then another one at the very end. Most of the episode was Anko-centric, which is fine - she's one of the better characters here, after all - but not particularly special. I am still not fond of the comedy either. I think I liked episode 8 better.

Chihayafuru 20 (Rewatch)

It may not be as bad as Ash's 19 years of losing, but I still feel bad for Taichi never being allowed to win, either to advance to Class A in karuta or to capture Chihaya's heart. For a Shigeyasu Yamauchi episode, this was shockingly lacking in close-ups. He still came up with some interesting symbolic visual tricks to get inside the characters' heads.

WgWb0MW.jpg

Literally inside their heads, even.

Cornbread78

A Certain Magical Index ep.20-S1 END
I guess we'll get more into this guy in S2, but for now, S1 was pretty fun to watch. The final battle was predictinle and drawn out, but still fun to watch. I want more Index magic and less of the loli act, lol. Hopefully, S2 continues yo build the characters and an end-game plot is truly revealed outside of the whole
creation of a heaven using angels like Index just became friends with
to close out the season.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I've only seen the movie but if nothing else it was a great source for contrived mochi analogies.

Imagine the contrived mochi analogies and add an annoying, extraneous mascot character like Olaf from Frozen and you get Market.

Tamako Market 9

This was better than average for Tamako Market, but not as good as I expected it to be from all the praise I heard. Tamako's dad's backstory was sweet, but it was confined to a small segment at the beginning and then another one at the very end. Most of the episode was Anko-centric, which is fine - she's one of the better characters here, after all - but not particularly special. I am still not fond of the comedy either. I think I liked episode 8 better.

Chihayafuru 20 (Rewatch)

It may not be as bad as Ash's 19 years of losing, but I still feel bad for Taichi never being allowed to win, either to advance to Class A in karuta or to capture Chihaya's heart. For a Shigeyasu Yamauchi episode, this was shockingly lacking in close-ups. He still came up with some interesting symbolic visual tricks to get inside the characters' heads.

Man, I should watch Chihayafuru but I know if I do I'm just going to get angry that Taichi gets a raw deal and that piece of driftwood that is Arata wins out.

Baalzebup

A Certain Magical Index ep.20-S1 END

I guess we'll get more into this guy in S2, but for now, S1 was pretty fun to watch. The final battle was predictinle and drawn out, but still fun to watch. I want more Index magic and less of the loli act, lol. Hopefully, S2 continues yo build the characters and an end-game plot is truly revealed outside of the whole
creation of a heaven using angels like Index just became friends with
to close out the season.

My friend, you're watching an LN adaptation. The S2 doesn't even reach the time skip featured at a certain part of the continuum and the LNs have continued from there. A little cheat sheet told me that the two seasons cover roughly 14 volumes of material and there are a total of 39 volumes of the stuff, still ongoing.

Clov

I still found Tamako Market to be enjoyable fluff. The characters were cute, and it was pleasant enough. Not amazing, but I had fun watching it. I even liked the bird!

On another topic, I'm 23 episodes into Urusei Yatsura so far. It's a little hit or miss, but overall I'm really enjoying it. It's just so... silly. I love how nearly every segment ends with something going horribly wrong. Even the times when you can tell how a segment will end still end up funny (like a propane salesman stopping by the house in an early episode). Ataru's a huge jerk though. It's great seeing him inevitably fail from episode to episode, at least.

It was neat seeing that dream character from Beautiful Dreamer pop up in episode 21! Wasn't expecting him to make an appearance.

Cornbread78

Battery ep.6
Well, at least we're finally getting to some baseball now. I actually liked this episode and how it flowed together so well, but that ending.... Did
Takumi hurt himself with the pitch prior?
Looks like Go realized it right away.

JulianImp

Hello Despair Student #6
Hinata's transformation makes me wish we got to see him and his apathy from being so awesome and perfect a bit more, since the way the show rushed through that and how it went stright to Enoshima's proposal to join her because of how he was bored to hell. All that focus on Nanami felt like a waste when the show could've built a better foundation for his face-heel turn instead of just further developing Nanami as his star-crossed waifu or something.

It's also funny how nobody working for Hope's Peak appears to even care that apparently no one's doing any psychological screenings for new students to assure they aren't actually murderous psychopaths. I mean, I'd be fine if we learned they were fully aware of the threat their students could pose to the world, but all we've gotten was a very slight nod with how they didn't actually expel Komaeda because they valued his ultimate luck. Or were they stupid enough that they labeled Junko as the ultimate gyaru when she was more along the lines of ultimate mastermind?

I completely forgot that the anime artist was the same guy that shows up in the Future arc, but it'd be kind of funny if she realizes that he isn't the ultimate imposter but the real deal, and ends up pulling back on her attempt to win him over after realizing it. Guess she'll be aware of it all though, and will end up using him flawlessly to further her evil plans of despair (of doom) because of the ridiculous plot armor she appears to have.

My main issue with the series is how Junko appears to have even better luck than freaking Komaeda, on top of having the skill to plan a thousand steps ahead and win everyone over with her wit and charm... actually, she actually feels like a villainous Mary Sue now that I think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom