• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magi: Season 1

So I finished season one of this show and I overall enjoyed it. It has some fun characters and villains. However, it has way less focus on dungeon delving than I hoped, and way more on inter kingdom wars. Still good for a light fun shonen. Season 2 looks to be focused on war too, though.
Season two is great! Although if you're just in it for the dungeons then you'll be disappointed cause at this point everyone already has a djinn.

Sinbad spin off has a bit more of the dungeon stuff.

Aikatsu! Stars 10

What the fuck is with this headmaster dude? This show and I are going to have some problems going forward if he tries to pull some bullshit like this on any sort of regular basis.

He hasn't done much beyond that episode besides looking sinister.

duckroll

Thunderbolt Fantasy - Episode 05

Ghost Bird-kun is a real top class troll. I like how they managed an entire episode with nothing but people talking and THINKING about fighting without actually fighting, and it was still really exciting to watch. Great direction. If only anime could be this good. Definitely the best thing the Butcher has written since.... well... erm... I guess he didn't actually write the Fate/Zero anime so... lol.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I like Meguca but the dialogue in Thunderbolt Fantasy is just a lot snappier.

blurr

Really like Madoka, Thunderbolt Fantasy is definitely great but I can't say it is the best written story yet.

That's funny because dr2
blows it's load within about a minute or so of starting the game

When I got to the twist I was literally like "wat, srsly? That thing at the beginning..."

I can't seem to recall what you're referring to here lol

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Getting into Orange. Watching latest ep now. Suwa is the man. He's the character I most identify with, I guess, since I've always been the wing man for my best buds.

Enjoying the show, as it explores what happens if we can use our adult courage to make wiser decisions in youth. Another theme used to great effect in Erased.

manfestival

watching episode 18 of re:zero ... I am getting really tired of subaru as a character. I really want to know what is going on and happening with the story but he is really killing my vibe. Is there any way to make it far easier to deal with?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
New Game 7
Ahagon best girl
Google 'Barium enema'
Oh...oh..oh!
Okay, never had that one before during yearly checkup.
Health checkup episode, the alternative to beach and/or onsen episode.

manfestival

Read the episode synopses instead?

No idea how that would make me hate subaru less
rage.gif

Line_HTX

Macross Delta 18

WHJHpQc.png

That doesn't look good. This is the 2nd time the ruins at Voldor put the fear into Mikumo and now all the flashbacks made her snap.

dZPyBga.png

She got amplified so much that her singing reached a power beyond that of a super idol!

The last half of the episode was really crazy with Freyja becoming affected by the ruins also and sung unconsciously, but the real highlight was the talk before the fight with the Knights when one of them, Cassim, had a falling out and had a long talk with both Hayate and Freyja. That was a good showing of some internal conflict against the Windermerean War.

Special Mikumo ED was pretty powerful in its words, even though visually it was showing past scenes with Mikumo. It was almost like her own cry for help. No one still knows what she is and how she generated that much power. MY LOVE THUNDER GROWS FOR YOU~

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Problematic Art Club 6

Just who does this SKANK think she is getting in the way of my ship?????

I hope a METEORITE falls on her.

SIS8Hrg.jpg

Galmi-chan anime adaptation when?

EDIT: She just needs to fuck his brains out until he becomes a normie

Ash loses

Gets kidnapped in the next plot

I guess I'll probably do a small write up on Pokemon XY(and Z) later on now.

Short points

*Serena meanders for too long before having a purpose beyond being lazy and wanting Ashy elbows
*Enjoyed watching Ash's fights
*Like the game, it gets better when Korrina appears.
*Gym 7 to 8 is exceptionally long to get to. Granted Gym 4-7 was the fastest we got to gyms, so that part of XY was really good considering new shit keeps coming

I really wanted to check out XYZ, but then I saw that's it almost 150eps long. Also lol at the spoilers, may as well leave them open since it was only natural that it happened.

Cornbread78

Yeah 7hrs a day for 7 days. My eyes would either fall off or I wouldn't need PoGO to see Pokemanz in the wild anymore by the end of it all.

LOL.

I still haven't bothered to download Go onto my phone, but a couple times a week I still have to pack the fam in the car, so they we can roll through Main street and they can fill up at the hundreds of Poke stops and leech off all the lures set at the Poke gathering spots that have been created by kids and adults alike....

The Great Passage staff and cast:

Staff
Director: Toshimasa Kuroyanagi (Shounen Hollywood, Say I Love You)
Series Composition: Takuya Sato (Say I Love You)
Original Character Design: Haruko Kumota (Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu manga artist)
Character Design: Hiroyuki Aoyama
Animation Production: ZEXCS

Cast
Mitsuya Majime: Takahiro Sakurai
Masashi Nishioka: Hiroshi Kamiya
Kaguya Hayashi: Maaya Sakamoto

Kuroyanagi has a low-key live-action-ish direction style, so he seems like a good fit for this material.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
They should adapt Kumo desu ga, nani ka? [I'm a spider, so what?] as an anime next.

I read the LN/Web Novel Spoilers for that and it sounds fucking crazy.

I'm sure the show would give Re:Zero and Overlord Fans an erection.

Cornbread78

I was trying to see if there was anything I was excited about to watch for the fall season but there is nothing really that stands out. Eupho S2 doesn't count since we already know what were getting there... (not really excited for it)

So, from the below, can you guys help me fill in the blanks on some of these shows and tell me what we should be expecting form them, or what some of the key points of each would be? I'm trying to get excited here.....

Watashi ga Motete Dousunda
- reverse harem
- Funny?
- Romance?
-

3-gatsu no Lion
- Agnsty protag? (ugghh)
-
-
-

Nanbaka
- need a good comedy
- interesting setting
-
-

Occultic;Nine:
- Interesting Premise.
-
-
-

Keijo!!!!!!!!
- WTF is this trash
- Hate watch incoming
-
-

Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari
- cute SoL
-
-
-

Brave Witches
- most certainly will be trash
- interesting synopsis
-
-

Shuumatsu no Izetta
- Looks beautiful
- Interesting setting
-
-

This one sounds the most interesting out of anything above and I'll probably do an OT for this one, lol:

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku:
- Death/ murder/ kill!
- Despair/Pain/Suffering
-
-

IY78261.png

They should adapt Kumo desu ga, nani ka? [I'm a spider, so what?] as an anime next.

I read the LN/Web Novel Spoilers for that and it sounds fucking crazy.

I'm sure the show would give Re:Zero and Overlord Fans an erection.
After the adaptation of that story about a guy who reincarnated as a slime.

Both of these sound like AOTY material, just imagine the bizarre lengths they'll have to go to get the standard measure of ecchi tropes in there

I was trying to see if there was anything I was excited about to watch for the fall season and there is nothing really that stands out. Eupho S2 doesn't count here.... We already know what were getting there... (not really excited for it)

So, from the below, can you guys help me fill in the blanks on some of these shows and tell me what we should be expecting form them, or what some of the key points of each would be? I'm trying to get excited here.....

Brave Witches

You'd probably know already if you're watching this if you've watched Strike Witches :p

Overlord episode 1

Wow, the art and show's content are really at odds. Also, the twins are adorable.

Rewatched this again recently and I do hope we get some more as I highly enjoyed it but some of the more EdgeLordy bits stood out a lot more the second time around. I would have said the show didn't have these elements on second viewing though
pretty much everything Clementine related is pure EdgeLord but especially her death scene
. Still a great show and I look forward to the spin off and hope to see more of the series in general.

jonjonaug

Both of these sound like AOTY material, just imagine the bizarre lengths they'll have to go to get the standard measure of ecchi tropes in there
Slime starts out OK but quickly devolves into typical isekai nonsense with very little self awareness. Spider has interesting concepts but is slow as balls and wouldn't make for a good anime.

I don't think much of early Overlord, but I think I'd like to see the later volumes adapted. After a certain point the author seems to realize just how dumb everything is and it sort of turns into a parody of itself while emphasizing just how much of a shit person the protagonist is.

Macross Delta 20

Why the fuck are these girls so good at hacking super secret military shit? Windie White Knight dude better watch his back, mysterious guy in glasses is always a turncoat and always the true final boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom