• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:zero 23
I'm a bit worried, I feel like there's so much going on to end in only 2 episodes. At least for me.
Like,
the first enemy we've seen in the anime, the one that attacks them in the inn, what happened? She survived but never showed up again. What about the dragon? Why subaru can revive from death? What's his purpose? Who's the witch? What's her goal? Why subaru seemed to know beetledude?(this because if I'm not remembering wronk he says his name even if he never said himself) What about the election? And other stuff I probably don't remember. I don't know, I really like it, but sometimes I feel like some parts have been rushed, don't know if the original source is the same

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
ReZero ep.23
What.... the.... hell..... just..... happened?
I must have missed sonething in there, but how dod Subaru
get taken ovr by Beatlejuice guy?
the whole episode was prety intense and we now have 100% confirmatio that Puck
is the witch and Emilia her daughter
it was kind of implied previously in the infamous episode 15 ending, but now it's 100% confirmed.

MKMqJiL.gif

Qurupeke

I'm a bit worried, I feel like there's so much going on to end in only 2 episodes. At least for me.
Like,
the first enemy we've seen in the anime, the one that attacks them in the inn, what happened? She survived but never showed up again. What about the dragon? Why subaru can revive from death? What's his purpose? Who's the witch? What's her goal? Why subaru seemed to know beetledude?(this because if I'm not remembering wronk he says his name even if he never said himself) What about the election? And other stuff I probably don't remember. I don't know, I really like it, but sometimes I feel like some parts have been rushed, don't know if the original source is the same

Haha. I really don't expect any of your questions will be answered. This arc will have some closure, but just for the Witch Cult. And I'm not even confident they'll thoroughly explain everything about it too.

TUSR

Banned
ReZero 23

Who wrote the original letter at the capital to Ram?

Please don't say REM.

Emilia reacting to Subaru's death was odd.

Two episodes left and there are a few questions that need answering.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Like,

The Light Novels don't go very far, so your first question wouldn't be answered.

I don't think Subaru learned Petelgeuse's name until after he met him? Maybe you are misremembering?

Aki-at

Thunderbolt Fantasy - 05

That mind battle going on between Shang and Screaming Phoenix Killer was top notch, Sherlock Holmes level of mental planning. The main guy really is an interesting chap, I have to wonder what he's hiding about his past.

Mandelbo

ReZero 23

Betelgeuse just can't fuck off can he? So Subaru
died at the end... Where is he going to wake up? With only two episodes left it's gotta be something like just after the White Whale fight. How did Betelgeuse possess Subaru anyway? Is it because of the Witch's scent?

Aiii

So not worth it
ReZero 23

Betelgeuse just can't fuck off can he? So Subaru
died at the end... Where is he going to wake up? With only two episodes left it's gotta be something like just after the White Whale fight. How did Betelgeuse possess Subaru anyway? Is it because of the Witch's scent?

Gonna assume he resets to the moment he was sending Rem and the rest of the troops off.

Not sure about the possession, maybe it's related to the book?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is that what the kids call testing for levels of alkalinity or acidity these days? Better use a litmus test to test the litness.

What that has to do with anime I have no idea.

Narag

Is that what the kids call testing for levels of alkalinity or acidity these days? Better use a litmus test to test the litness.

What that has to do with anime I have no idea.

Search says that's the third person who has used it on the forum!

also thunderbolt fantasy relegated to i guess status smfh

Maybe because no one could agree on whether a puppet show is considered animation or not.

This ^. I don't wanna burst people's arteries giving it a solid nod because those of you who watch it can't come to a consensus. Who am I to say it IS anime if I'm not watching. I just gathered the intel.

mfw no Diamond is Unbreakable.

Well maybe JoJo too. Thing is, it's a long running franchise that for the most part only those that watched JoJo before are watching now. It may legitimately be good, but I am not sure if people that haven't seen the series before are jumping up and down for it

T-Rex.

Banned
Everyone can agree that the litness this season is in Mob Psycho, 91 Days, Re:Zero and I guess Thunderbolt. I'm expecting these in a lot of lists.
I'm so glad I decided to hold off on watching Mob and 91 Days until after Re:ZERO finishes. Haikyuu's also back soon so the hype train will carry on.

thunderbolt fantasy, i guess

maybe jojo

AGAAAAIN lol. I'm not saying what I picked is the best anime. Because clearly if we go by this thread and its prolific posters my taste is shit. And that's okay.

What I'm saying is that people are excited for those and are watching and discussing about them. It's not saying that your favourite anime this season is bad, it's that it's not being talked about as much as these ones.

Everyone can agree that the litness this season is in Mob Psycho, 91 Days, Re:Zero and I guess Thunderbolt. I'm expecting these in a lot of lists.
If litness means popular, yea I agree.

If means favourite, I only agree with Mob since I like like D.Gray-Man and Tales of Zestiria more then the other stuff you said.

Also did not watch thunderbolt so can't tell.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The answer to show that has resonated with the most people is, of course, Love Live! Sunshine!!.

Just the other day I read how it cured a man of his drug addiction because he realised he wouldn't be able to afford more Ruby merchandise if he kept funding his drug habit. Good on him.

So does the Eccentric Family announcement mean I'm getting the 'Cooking Tengu with Benten' show I've always wanted?
Seriously I hate the way the show frames Benten returning to wait hand and foot on that lecherous child kidnapping Tengu piece of shit as some sort of prodigal daughter tale. It was my one complaint about an otherwise amazing show and it hurts all the more given what a great character Benten is otherwise.

Re:Zero Ep. 23

Damn you show, that was an excellent twist but now I'm stuck with a very real fear that the show might just go and cliffhanger the hell out of it by ending before resolving this. This episode once again proves everything is better with Ram, more Ram please.

ackl

Like,

Sorry dude, none of that is going be to answered in this 25-episode anime. In fact, many of your questions are still not answered in the web novel. lol.

About your last point, which I don't feel it's a spoiler at all, the anime follows pretty closely to the light novel. I would say it's a pretty good adaptation from the 23 episodes I've watched so far. There are certainly some things that were cut from the light novel but imo, I don't think they are important.

Peco

So does the Eccentric Family announcement mean I'm getting the 'Cooking Tengu with Benten' show I've always wanted?
Seriously I hate the way the show frames Benten returning to wait hand and foot on that lecherous child kidnapping Tengu piece of shit as some sort of prodigal daughter tale. It was my one complaint about an otherwise amazing show and it hurts all the more given what a great character Benten is otherwise.

what

Thud

I'm biased towards Jojo and Danganronpa, but with Mob I went in blind. Mob has delivered every time.

Mob is love.

Clov

Wow! I just can't wait to watch Yamato 2202! In the year 2019! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Maybe Voyager USA will start up again, to release
half or less of
the films on BD over here!

Mob's up there for me because of its amazing visuals alone, but my other favorites are different. Jojo's still continues to be impressive, and its had a great run of episodes over the last few weeks. Amanchu has remained consistently pleasant and heart-warming to watch. Orange has had some major production issues, but I've been really enjoying the story. Lastly, despite not being my absolute favorite I've really liked the direction that Battery has been going in lately.

I really enjoyed the first episode of Thunderbolt Fantasy, and I really need to get around to watching the rest of it at some point. Though given that it's not animated, I couldn't exactly call it my AOTS. :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The show I feel sorry for is ReLIFE. Everyone forgot about it since it just spewed out all its episodes in one go.

Copper

I'm biased towards Jojo and Danganronpa, but with Mob I went in blind. Mob has delivered every time.

Mob is love.

Same I kinda wish I didn't read ahead in the manga. It's pretty incredible what Bones has done with the series though. Some of the action scenes even compete with OPM

SereneRectangularAbyssiniangroundhornbill-size_restricted.gif

Same I kinda wish I didn't read ahead in the manga. It's pretty incredible what Bones has done with the series though. Some of the action scenes even compete with OPM

SereneRectangularAbyssiniangroundhornbill-size_restricted.gif

That GIF undersells that scene honestly. The framerate/pacing is too slow. I don't know if there is better out there, but the scene deserves a pretty hefty big GIF showing the fight in all its glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom