• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

I'm not sure how to feel about this.

I'm hopeful. I always wanted to read the book and its sequel that came out last year.

Though really I expect the announcement to be something other than a anime of book 2. Like a animated or live action film or something.

Re Zero 23

So did Ep 18 foreshadow this? In the very beginning Subaru cackled like Betelgeuse right before dying. Which is pretty alarming, since it means
him possessing the Gospel had nothing to do with Betelgeuse being able to possess him

Mailbox

Re:zero 23

Excellent. But seriously didn't expect that kind of ending with just 2 weeks left. Jesus fuck man!

I mean... jesus man! I need the next episode. I need to know what happened.

I'm willing to bet that
Subaru was targeted for Betelgeuse due to him being so close to the witch.

:S

ackl

Re Zero 23

So did Ep 18 foreshadow this? In the very beginning Subaru cackled like Betelgeuse right before dying. Which is pretty alarming, since it means
him possessing the Gospel had nothing to do with Betelgeuse being able to possess him

I don't think so? I can't think of a reason why Betelgeuse would do this ep 18.

You are correct in your spoiler marked but simply because...

Re:zero 23

I'm willing to bet that
Subaru was targeted for Betelgeuse due to him being so close to the witch.

Cornbread78

Tales of Zestiria the X ep.9
The pacing of the episode was odd compared to the game, however, the payoff was awesome. I know DTL would have been very happy with that ending, lol.

No, really, it was a good episode watching Mikleo come back and save his lovers day!

Also, Edna is awesome!

Mawaru Penguindrum - 11

Crjao-KWgAEM6So.jpg:large
CrjawLvXEAAC_wZ.jpg:large

HEEEEEERE'S TABUKI!!

Welp, she finally did it. But of course, with everything that's happened up till now, it's not what it's cracked up to be. Glad that ended up getting resolved before it went places.

Speaking of going places, the ending of this episode. Oh boy.

cheesekao

Re:Zero 23
Villains jobbing to scrub tier enemies is the worst. Rem wrecked a whole lot of those pooches like nothing and beetle man just stood there like a dumbass.

Also if what I read is true
(cut content)
Catboi actually died but has the ability to revive himself but they cut that out.

Line_HTX

Re:Zero 04

Start of a brand new checkpoint after getting away from Elsa. Dang, his hands didn't show his hard butler work after the credits, huh.

LMAO, is that fucking Koyasu's voice? Haha

Cornbread78

ReZero ep.23
What.... the.... hell..... just..... happened?
I must have missed sonething in there, but how dod Subaru
get taken ovr by Beatlejuice guy?
the whole episode was prety intense and we now have 100% confirmatio that Puck
is the witch and Emilia her daughter
it was kind of implied previously in the infamous episode 15 ending, but now it's 100% confirmed.

Diamond is Unbreakable 23

Damn good episode. Strong direction, very strong art, and some fabulous new music. It did an excellent job drawing out the tension in this Stand encounter. Echoes Act 3 seems like a fun Stand, just for having a personality of its own, even if I'm not really sure yet what its power is.

Cornbread78

Orange ep.10
Oh my, that race was excellent and felt so damn good! The final message to Kakeru was great and really heartfelt. I mean, this show has a ton of heart both uplifting and painful, but this one moved the needle in the right direction and felt great.

How does Suwa stay strong through this even though
he knows the future him?
Something else must happen in the final couple episodes.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes 027

This episode...was a mess? I think it may have been the start of a new OVA release with the new OP, short recap, small timeskip and re introduction of characters with nameplates. That wasn't the issue though, the issue is the episode cuts to different scenes rampantly with no rhyme or reason. LOGH usually focuses on one side for one episode, but this one just goes crazy. Switching from Reinhard to Yang to Julian to Attenborough to Yang to Reinhard to Julian to Phezzan to Attenborough to...you get it. Sometimes there isn't even a nice cut, the scene just ends and another one begins abruptly. There's even a part where it seemingly stops for commercial which makes no sense.

ReZero ep.23
What.... the.... hell..... just..... happened?
I must have missed sonething in there, but how dod Subaru
get taken ovr by Beatlejuice guy?
the whole episode was prety intense and we now have 100% confirmatio that Puck
is the witch and Emilia her daughter
it was kind of implied previously in the infamous episode 15 ending, but now it's 100% confirmed.

I think it's because Subaru
had the bible with him. Everyone else was afraid to look at it, because people who have the bible always become witch's cult members.
I'm just wondering
did he live/go in a coma, or do we have ANOTHER reset?

Cornbread78

had the bible with him. Everyone else was afraid to look at it, because people who have the bible always become witch's cult members.
I'm just wondering

Definately
another reset. Julius killed him dead as requested. Now he has to fibd a way out of being posessed..

Mailbox

I'm just wondering

I kinda doubt we will get a new reset.
-First, we are WAY too far in to this loop and having 2 episodes left, it wouldn't work.
-Second, we see supposedly just after he "dies" with the birds flying and Emilia looking worried and all that. Never have we seen post a Subaru death. It ALWAYS blacks out when he dies (exception being episode 15, which was obviously for art/direction/credits reasons)

Verelios

Thunderbolt Fantasy 9

Yeaaaaaahhh boy, this is why you don't fuck with the MC. Great interactions all around, mostly cementing that the party was full of dbags from the jump.

zulux21

It would certainly be nice they at least published translations of the LN in the mean time (I never read LNs, but I just want to see what happens next).

actually the light novel translations have already started releasing. volume 1 released already and I think volume 2 releases in nov and vol 3 early next year.

not 100% sure when without looking up, just know I already have them preordered :p

Red Garden 9

Looks like they've finally run out of new eyecatches to give us. Too bad; that was always something I looked forward to seeing every episode.

With this episode bringing up the one family's curse and explicitly linking it to the monsters the girls fight, I do have to wonder where those monsters come from. If I remember correctly, the curse only affects females whereas all the monsters have been male.

godisntheradio

Neo Member
its almost unfair how good these games were, Estelle's journey felt thoroughly fulfilling and had a wonderful ending

i don't know what else to say, i just finished watching the credits and just wanted to write something because it was beautiful

luckily there's cold steel 2 this week and the 3rd next year, so it won't be long before jumping back to the trails ride (and what a ride)

blurr

its almost unfair how good these games were

playing FC right now and I have to agree with this so much, it feels wrong to ask for more out of it haha

absolutely great combination of design, music, story and visuals; almost everything compliments the other forming a strong synergy

Gundam Build Fighters Episode 3

Listen Ral, you wanna hang out with old....Gundam fans....that's fine, but you gotta tell em this, like Gundam Wing, isn't cool anymore.

LIES.

I don't care how bad you think the characters and story of Wing are (though they're still worth criticizing, don't get me wrong), but Wing has some of the coolest mecha designs in the franchise.

I just got myself a MG Epyon that I'm super excited to build. It's like a buffed up version of the Master Gundam.

Red Garden 10

The best parts of this show continue to be the more mundane personal moments, such as Rose trying to figure out how to explain her dad's abandonment to her siblings or Claire pushing Yuan's genuine concern away due to being preoccupied with her own financial stress. The background mythology that is being revealed bit by bit, such as the Book of Curses introduced this episode, is not so appealing. Although Herve and Lise's relationship looks like it could develop into something engaging, and seeing Lula get visibly upset when Rachel accuses her of not trying alternatives to the current situation lent a touch of pathos to the proceedings.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Re:Zero ep 23
I'm just wondering

Seems like it is
another reset.

At least he learned that sloth is a body possessor, not just the one guy and not just multiples. I'm not certain about the Gospel thing though, cause the other sloths didn't have it when they went all mind trembling.

Would be really sad to see that Rem bonding and the White Whale battle get wiped clean though.
I kinda doubt we will get a new reset.
-First, we are WAY too far in to this loop and having 2 episodes left, it wouldn't work.
-Second, we see supposedly just after he "dies" with the birds flying and Emilia looking worried and all that. Never have we seen post a Subaru death. It ALWAYS blacks out when he dies (exception being episode 15, which was obviously for art/direction/credits reasons)
Hmm, I guess that's true.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

I don't watch it, but everyone else is putting these words at the beginning of their post, so I don't want to feel left out.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

I don't watch it, but everyone else is putting these words at the beginning of their post, so I don't want to feel left out.

You forgot to add something like:

91 Days 08

Oh my god, who could have ever expected that? Incredible!

I have no clue what you guys are talking about but it is making me want to see it.

Qurupeke

The reset happens just before the delivery of the "I love Emilia" line,
in order to relive that classic moment.

Line_HTX

Re:Zero 06

That fairy tale was kind of obvious. And that weapon looks like it's gonna hurt.

Re:Zero 07

YOLO

Re:Zero 08

Verbal abuse, huh.

Slowly coming together who the curse culprit is. Narrowing it down finally helped.

Just finished watching and damn what an episode!!! and everything was going so well.... I teared up when
subaru was begging Felis and Julius to kill him
also (huge possible spoiler!!)
and fucking hell noooooo REM!!!! :'( have a feeling Rem wrote that letter and her existence was probably erased somehow which is why it was blank. I got suspicious because Ram didn't ask Subaru about Rem not being with him.

Exalted

(huge possible spoiler!!)
and fucking hell noooooo REM!!!! :'( have a feeling Rem wrote that letter and her existence was probably erased somehow which is why it was blank. I got suspicious because Ram didn't ask Subaru about Rem not being with him.

If it actually really happened like you wrote, then damn... i couldn't imagine the meltdown from people.

T-Rex.

Banned
I don't want to click that spoiler but I also kinda do lol. When it says "huge possible spoiler", is that just guesswork or something you've read online?

I don't want to click that spoiler but I also kinda do lol. When it says "huge possible spoiler", is that just guesswork or something you've read online?

guess work actually but it makes total sense the more I think about it. I've seen way too much tv and movies to know
that a letter written by someone turning blank means they don't exist anymore.

whoops sorry forgot to put a spoiler tag

ReZero ep.23

Eh, kind of boring. I didn't see the twist incoming at the end, but in the end it's pretty inconsequential, it's just another reset and the next time
he won't touch the damn book, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom