• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qurupeke

Euphonium 2 will shine the brightest. Fate/who?

Eupho S2 will save anime.

And yeah, there are quite a few series with a lot of potential in the Autumn Season. I really hope I won't jinx it though, as I was also looking forward to Spring and it left me a bit disappointed.

Keijo!!!!!!!! is in the fall, so of course the season is saved. Though I have a feeling where the series will stop, since at a certain point there is no way to avoid nudity since some of the moves literally need it for them to work....(Keijo goes places with its move set).

blurr

Mob Psycho 100 09

ah yes infiltration, search and rescue episodes are the best

New Game 10

that was an actual quarrel between them

apart from Nenecchi's moments, it was relatively less funny this time around

This year was great so far for me

Winter had: Ajin, Haikyu S2 and Gundam IBO S1

Spring had: My Hero Academia, Tanaka-kun and Concrete Revo S2

Summer has: Tales of Zestiria the X, D.Gray-Man, Mob psycho and Cheer Boys

And Fall has a tons of stuff that I'm hyped about: Haikyu S3, Gundam IBO S2, Ajin S2......

I can't complain, since for me it was an awesome year so far!

And then we have the upcomings MHA and Black Clover specials too and the Digimon tri movie 3!

What a year man, I can already tell my top 10.

Taruranto

Munakata Time Dilemma #9

ImfslQS.jpg

They got Remember11'd

Looks like the theory about
them not being in the same building was true after all, eh.

Actually, I have no idea. What was he going to say?
"I love Chisa"?
"I banged Chisa"?
"I enjoy Bethesda and modern Bioware games"?

What? It looks quite personal for Munakata.

At this point I really don't know who's the culprit. The only ones left are Yamakan and Persona.

lol no way Kirigiri is dead.

Cornbread78

Still not impressed with this fall so far, but I'm sure I'll find a few shows that are entertaining to watch like this summer.

Some of the synopsises sound interesting enough. I wish Steins;Gate 0 was releasing alongside the VN.

That Madoka/Future Diary show sounds very interesting though, kol.

blurr

No 10/10s exactly but I guess Rakugo is a 'close' 10/10 for me this year and AotY so far.

MHA is second in line - although I gave it 10 on MAL, it's not especially after I've had a taste of MP100's production quality. Rewatching MHA hasn't been as great as it was earlier(but I still love it!).

Galko-chan is next.

I see. Shirobako is about #8 if I were to rank 2015 TV anime, but I respect your opinion.

do share your list

Chase17

Munakata Time Dilemma #9

They got Remember11'd

"I love Chisa"?
"I banged Chisa"?

At this point I really don't know who's the culprit. The only ones left are Yamakan and Persona.

It's since Juzo doesn't like the P4G epilogue.

Clov

Munakata Time Dilemma #9

They got Remember11'd

"I love Chisa"?
"I banged Chisa"?

The culprit is the hidden participant, a cardboard cutout of Junko.

I'm not sure if they'd do another fake-out like with Aoi, but I wouldn't be too surprised. Kyoko's face didn't look as messed up as some of the other characters who violated their NG codes.

I got really nervous when everyone was passing out, I was really worried they'd kill off Ryota this time! Thankfully he's still okay, but I'm getting really worried about him being the culprit. Please just let it be someone else... and have him survive while we're at it!

Gvitor

Munakata Time Dilemma #9

At this point I don't really care if she dies or not. This show should be a game, with less anime-y stupid fights and more mistery and intrigue centered around the NG codes and who is doing the killings. The story has been a mess and the characters are as random as they get.

But I do believe Kirigiri's NG code was a stroke of genious. It's strongly based off the series main topic: hope versus despair, which I personally find to be shit. And somehow it works wonderfully here.

Maybe she's still alive, maybe she's not, I don't care about the story anymore to give a fuck, I just want closure. But I really do appreciate how he executed that scene and concept. It really did make this anime worth it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mob Psycho 100 Episode 9:

If this had been an arc in an endless shonen series this episode would have been at least 5 episodes.

Clov

No 10/10s exactly but I gues Rakugo is a 'close' 10/10 for me this year and AotY so far.

Rakugo is definitely my AotY so far, nothing's really come close to it for me. I have some great expectations of The Great Passage and Yuri on Ice though, they both look pretty great judging from their premise and previews.

manfestival

watched berserk 10 and mob psycho 9

both shows are so legit. basically it was the 2 big fight episodes that are about to get bigger.

im so sad that this is going to end so soon already

Eumi

Now that Kirigiri is dead Naegi has met all the requirements to enter the 'Hope Zone' right? Chiaki's guidance from beyond the grave is what did it for Hajime, so now Makoto can go Super Hope Level 2 and use the Detective-Luckster Kamehameha to defeat Ce- I mean, Munakata, right?

Mob Psycho 100 - 09

Yup, can't match last episode but still great all in all.

Mob Psycho 100 Episode 9:

If this had been an arc in an endless shonen series this episode would have been at least 5 episodes.

Please don't remind me of the horror pacing from the HxH ant infiltration/assault arc.

Mob Psycho 109 Dalmatians

LMAO the difference between Mob being caught startled by someone strong and trying to hold back, and his 'no holding back' attitude is fucking night and day. What a man what a man what a man.

Can't wait for him to fuck up the rest of them. Even if it means getitng into ??? territory.

gargles

Mob Psycho 100 - 9

After that last episode, this show has grabbed a spot on my AotY Top 5. Today's episode wasn't as spectacular as the previous one (which was expected) but it still was good. Mob still manages to impress me, and there might be still two big fights until its ending. Already waiting for a Season 2.

T-Rex.

Banned
Higurashi 15 - End

I only have two words: legit. shook. Holy shit, that arc that focused on Shion was incredible. I knew there was going to be fuckery, and was fully prepared for it, yet the show still managed to catch me off guard with what actually transpired. The way it blends the mystery, the horror, and even the comedy is masterful. I still have a lot more questions than answers at this point, but it's pretty clear now that the key to the whole thing is Rika since she's somehow aware of the events that occurred in other timelines/worlds/dimensions.

Btw is it actually possible to solve the mystery just from the info that's given in S1 alone?

Just T

Soma Second Plate: 9-10

Welp, at least he didn't get too down about it.

Amanchu: 9

Would have dumped those pictures on a computer and kept it moving, I get what they were going for though. Pikari was right though, giving gifts can be pretty fun.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable: 23

Reverb Act 3 is pretty fun, looking forward to more of him.

Persona 5 The Day Breakers:

This was a neat little special and this is probably the first time I've enjoyed the music vocals so that's good. That fox guy voice is deeper than expected. Anyway, I enjoyed seeing how they work but will quell hype since it's going to be a minute before I play the game.

About 3 episodes behind on a couple of shows so going to do some mini-marathons soon. Also hope that Uchouten Kazoku announcement is a second season, the first one felt finished enough but since there is more to the story I would like to see it.

Ascheroth

Sure. At present, my top 10 of 2015 TV anime would be:

1. Sound! Euphonium
2. Garo the Animation
3. Shounen Hollywood
4. Kagewani
5. Majin Bone
6. Concrete Revolutio
7. Yona of the Dawn
8. Shirobako
9. Koufuku Graffiti
10. Wish Upon the Pleiades

Always nice to see some Kagewani and Majin Bone love.
I really have to get around to watching Garo, I've been meaning to for ages. Yona too. And maybe I should give Concrete Revolutio another try now that it's complete..

phaze

Mawaru Penguindrum - 11

Welp, she finally did it. But of course, with everything that's happened up till now, it's not what it's cracked up to be. Glad that ended up getting resolved before it went places.

Speaking of going places, the ending of this episode. Oh boy.

Huh, so bullying and stalking actually works.

Duly noted.

The answer to show that has resonated with the most people is, of course, Love Live! Sunshine!!.

Just the other day I read how it cured a man of his drug addiction because he realised he wouldn't be able to afford more Ruby merchandise if he kept funding his drug habit. Good on him.

Underrated post.

Made me snort loudly at my work. Take responsibility !

Mob Psycho 09

Am I supposed to take it to mean that the pissed Mob, getting his shit kicked in and fighting for the live of his beloved brother and most importantly - making that kind of deranged rage faces, was holding back ? Does not compute.

The Pains of Transitioning from Stalker to Girlfriend aka Momokuri 01(-02?)

There is a confession and relationship formed within first 30 seconds. What is this sorcery ?

Quite alright so far. Some decent direction and bearable humour. The cutesy designs are not my kind of things but let's be real, it'a actual stalker in actual relationship anime, of course I'm going to watch it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I...had a lot of free time this weekend house sitting so I burned through all of Full Metal Panic! Then all of Fumoffu? Then all of The Second Raid.

tj60NJI.gif

Mob Psycho 09

Am I supposed to take it to mean that the pissed Mob, getting his shit kicked in and fighting for the live of his beloved brother and most importantly - making that kind of deranged rage faces, was holding back ? Does not compute.

That had me head scratching as well. While I can see him being prepared for all this and keeping a clear mind to be quite helpful, it felt like too stark of a difference to their previous encounter.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Was thinking about this just now as I was finishing up on SAO2 and I realized I wonder if SAO will follow the same suit as Index where it gets two seasons, a movie, and never a third season. RIP A-1 anime curse.

Yes, the web novel is much farther. It is currently in arc 6 while the light novel is wrapping up on...yup...arc 3. (lol) However, while the overall plot of the web novel is pretty much the same as the light novel (I could be wrong) many people don't treat the web novel as 'canon' since many details get changed in the light novel and this is being done by the original author.

So the light novel is still ongoing? I thought it was finished (and that the anime/manga were adaptation of it)

Line_HTX

Higurashi 15 - End

I only have two words: legit. shook. Holy shit, that arc that focused on Shion was incredible. I knew there was going to be fuckery, and was fully prepared for it, yet the show still managed to catch me off guard with what actually transpired. The way it blends the mystery, the horror, and even the comedy is masterful. I still have a lot more questions than answers at this point, but it's pretty clear now that the key to the whole thing is Rika since she's somehow aware of the events that occurred in other timelines/worlds/dimensions.

Btw is it actually possible to solve the mystery just from the info that's given in S1 alone?

No, it's still missing a couple of critical elements. They make the 2nd season worth it.

Aki-at

Mob Psycho 100 - 9

Obviously it's not the same level of action as the last episode but I did enjoy how the lesser espers combined and effectively plot out a decent plan of escape (With Mob's younger brother playing on the ruse they hold no actual powers) The "rematch" between Mob and the hoodie was fantastic, I couldn't stop laughing at that.

3 episodes left makes me wonder if we're going to go all out with the next group of esper's dispatched to take out Mob.

Qurupeke

So the light novel is still ongoing? I thought it was finished (and that the anime/manga were adaptation of it)

The show adapts the light novel, which is based on a web novel. It's pretty much the same content between the novels, though there are some differences, if I'm not mistaken. The anime covers everything on the available light novels, plus the new LN coming at the end of September. The web novel is apparently quite ahead. I think the anime covers around the one third of the web novel.

The LN that starts the next arc will be released this October, iirc. If they keep a good pace, we could definitely see a new season soon. Maybe a short one, 12-13 episodes, next year.

Line_HTX

Was thinking about this just now as I was finishing up on SAO2 and I realized I wonder if SAO will follow the same suit as Index where it gets two seasons, a movie, and never a third season. RIP A-1 anime curse.

Index and Railgun are J.C. Staff though.

Szadek

Higurashi 15 - End

I'm glad that you liked the show. Season 2 is a bit different in many regards, but just as good.
There are many things you can figure out in season 1, but I don't think you solve all of it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Chidori shooting on Sosuke. Gotta get her heat back after jobbing to Tessa for so long.

I always forget how bad the animation is in FMP compared to Fumoffu. FMP is practically stop motion compared to that. There's actually a bunch of good wrasslin gifs in Fumoffu, I'll make the rest of them when I have some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom