• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exalted

The cult is dead, but Subaru and most of the village are also dead. Reset is inevitable. Just depends on when it'll reset to.

I know, it's probably inevitable.
It has been quite a long time since Subaru died, and we had a reset, so it was about time for things to go bad again.
But it still sucks. :p

phaze

Re: Zero 23

Didn't see that curveball coming. Neat

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! ! 10
018971slpjm.jpg

Purposefully omitting the moment when Yuuta finally tries to get Rikka to face reality is a bizarre choice.
-------------

How has the action in Tales of Zestiria fared so far ? On par with ep 1 or 0 and in respectable volume ?

*sigh* Another episode, another cliffhanger. White Fox really does know how to make me more excited and hyped for the next episode.
The letter thing was very bizarre. Why would Crusch and her people do it when she and Subaru have become friends? If it turns out that Subaru would die and reset, I hope he will try to figure it out why the letter was blank. Otherwise, it will be a big question mark in the story.

Has to be related to Subaru picking up that gospel. If not, then why possess Subaru over someone stronger than him such as Julius.
That's what I'm thinking since all the possessed people seemed to have a thing for it and it'd be odd if he could just possess anyone at will.

Tales of Zestiria the X 9

The best ARMATIZATION has arrived!!! I waited to long for this moment and boy was it perfect.
5EUSzDC.jpg
vPj82M5.jpg
9SXXH6B.jpg
CwjxLbT.jpg
yXZbscY.jpg

Every single moment was amazing! From the start to the finish, the build up was so good. Sorey fought like a badass, that drake arrival slamming like a pro into the ouroboros, the earth armatization, the Atakk and Mikleo moments were both cute and awesome AND the freakin music!!!

My favourite episode every week!
10/10

Orange - 10

Animation and linework were VASTLY improved here from beginning to end. It's quite a jarring thing to see because we saw the decline of the show each and every week, and now it's back to looking good. Glad they sorted themselves out, the finale is near after all with only 3 episodes left.

Copper

No they don't. Unless they plan on doing that from Volume 9 onward.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Re:Zero_-Starting_Life_in_Another_World-_volumes

I honestly don't know, it would be nice if they did it monthly after Vol. 9 . But even looking at that schedule I'd say probably 1.5 -2 years until second season. The next Arc 4 is suppose to be as big as the last three. Web Novel should be starting back up since the anime is ending which is on Arc 6 and is about half way through the series. Tappei said he really wants the whole thing adapted eventually. We might see some OVA's that cover the extended volumes.

Active Raid S2 09
A lot more on the political side this episode, focusing a lot more on Inagi and his role as governor. The crowd of protesters in reused Willwears from previous was a nice touch, since almost every culprit was almost always using an industrial-use one. The twist with the Inagi-Bird connection at the end was a long time coming, but I really hope it isn't as obvious as that. Especially since Kuroki clearly is trying to be the same kind of big brother-figure towards Jirou like how Inagi was for him, so it'll be sad seeing that shattered.

The subplot with the Spider Willwear was fairly pointless, but kept things from getting too focused on politics this episode. Funasaka getting to relieve some stress by emulating super robots was great though.

Re:Zero - 23

Seeing Subaru use his head in order to communicate with the town's people during the commotion was quite refreshing and showed the character progression he underwent through the past 2 arcs.

Holy fuck at that ending. Through me for a loop
kek
. Where can the show go from here with 2 episodes left?!
Where is the reset going to be?!?!

I'm going to miss this show. A lot :(

Gvitor

Orange 10

The best thing out of this is Hagita finally going out with Azu. Hopefully they show this, but with 3 episodes left, I'm not holding my breath.

I have no idea how they will end this in a satisfying note for me. Either Kakeru dies again and they don't have time to properly do Suwa x Naho and it sucks, or Kakeru doesn't die and it sucks by default.

The best case scenario is they showing two different futures, and I'm not sure I'll like it either, since, while conceivable in time travel topics, is the coward's way out.

Copper

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 1-24

Finally catching up on Jojo. This season for me was definitely weaker than the first but I does have potential to really pick up in the second part. Watched this on Crunchyroll and the censorship was pretty bad, there were times where I couldn't even figure out what was happening.

The characters are what really drove this series. If it wasn't for the interesting personalities and unique settings and abilities I probably would have dropped this. That said I still really enjoyed this series, I just don't think it is best watched binged like the first season.

My biggest complaint was how the episodes began to feel repetitive. Every episode had almost the same plot. Go to a new location, encounter a new stand enemy, defeat the enemy and move on. This episodic nature of the series made it a bit tiring to watch when you binged it. I would have liked to see more of Dio but it looks like that won't be until the next season. Going to keep watching though because I've heard great things about the next parts.

Rezero
hopefully they didn't kill him, and Subaru somehow wills his way into fucking up sloth. Damn Subaru can't catch a break, also at least he's improving with help from his allies. Old Subaru would have started yelling and telling people to go or get rekted

Geist-

I honestly don't know, it would be nice if they did it monthly after Vol. 9 . But even looking at that schedule I'd say probably 1.5 -2 years until second season. The next Arc 4 is suppose to be as big as the last three. Web Novel should be starting back up since the anime is ending which is on Arc 6 and is about half way through the series. Tappei said he really wants the whole thing adapted eventually. We might see some OVA's that cover the extended volumes.
I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled another AoT and waited 3+ years for release a 2nd season to let the creator release more material. I mean, it would be great if they have enough material by next year, but whatever.

It would certainly be nice they at least published translations of the LN in the mean time (I never read LNs, but I just want to see what happens next).

As far as the episode, I loved it. I love that they always know when to skip the ending to make a better episode, and it works so damn well.

It has to have been Subaru picking up that book. What's weird though is they keep implying Subaru is already an Archbishop (of Pride), but he can be possessed by Sloth? I mean, it's their rules, I just find it strange.

Anyway, I'm really hopefully they just knocked him out and they'll fix him next episode, but if he did die I'm guessing the checkpoint would be right after they defeated Sloth the first time. The farthest he got before was right after the Cult killed everyone, but them defeating Sloth first probably means he screwed their time table and he got farther this time. That is, if there's any sort of regularity to when he checkpoints.

Jigoku ya kōzui (aka Hell or High Water)
tQsuwsL.jpg

Who would think an anime movie would be the first great modern western in ages. Performances were great, Jeff Bridges is never not amazing. Chris Pine you wouldn't think he could do this low key performance but lo and behold he was fascinating. The small town texas setting in the middle of the oil crisis is fairly accurate. This Japanese studio really did their research. If you liked No Country for Old Men, watch this. Wouldn't be surprised if it wins some awards, but it'll definitely get some nominations.

Eumi

You know, I'd actually be super cool if
Subaru actually became evil. Like, maybe just one arc about it but have Subaru possessed like this and follow the rest of the cast as they try to stop him. Real question now is does Betelgeuse follow him through the time loop?

Line_HTX

Thunderbolt Fantasy 06

Demon Lady is pretty good, and Screaming Phoenix Killer looked kind of badass at the end.

Oh shit, Gilgamesh voice showed up.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
ReZero 23

Subaru wasn't kidding when he said all that screaming was going to make his brain tremble.
What the hell, man. Wasn't expecting that at all. Maybe anyone who touches Sloth's gospel becomes a finger eligible to get Sloth'd. Maybe the damn Gospel IS Sloth. 2 episodes left. Dammit

Edit: do you know what's really slothful? Being a bible that needs to be carried around and can literally do nothing on its own. I like the theory. I'm scared for Subaru's reset.

About Re:Zero, I bet
that in the future, Subaru and Emilia will have a daughter and she will be the witch incarnated
tan tan taaaan

Clov

A sequel novel was published in 2015, so that would be available for adaptation.

I wasn't aware of this, but this is very exciting news! I really enjoyed the anime, and I'd love to see more of the universe. I hope they're able to get the same staff if this leads to another season.

I wonder who'd even license it now that NISA's out of the picture. It could be a title that Crunchyroll would bring over themselves. Though I'm thinking a bit too far ahead; I'll wait for more news on what this project actually is.

I wasn't aware of this, but this is very exciting news! I really enjoyed the anime, and I'd love to see more of the universe. I hope they're able to get the same staff if this leads to another season.

I wonder who'd even license it now that NISA's out of the picture. It could be a title that Crunchyroll would bring over themselves. Though I'm thinking a bit too far ahead; I'll wait for more news on what this project actually is.

Maybe it's a radio drama ;p

Copper

I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled another AoT and waited 3+ years for release a 2nd season to let the creator release more material. I mean, it would be great if they have enough material by next year, but whatever.

It would certainly be nice they at least published translations of the LN in the mean time (I never read LNs, but I just want to see what happens next).

White Fox is really dedicated to this series though, you can tell they want to make the adaptation as best as possible. They've been begging broadcasting studios for limited commercials apparently. Episode 25 is supposed to be a double part too.

Thud

Dragon Ball Super 57

Another packed episode. Makes me wonder if Toei got confused as well, there's a shot where Trunks has his sword in its holster.

He has it in his hands about the entire time lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom