• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Persona 5 Anime

I've never played a Persona game before but that was super stylish. Now I'm interested in Persona 5.

Man, I feel kinda weird having watched so much anime over the past year or so that I can start recognizing actor's voices now. Like I started watching Orange, and by the end of the first scene I was like "Oh! It's the girl who voices the main character of Psycho Pass!"

The more you watch the more you realize just how many characters these people voice. Often times too you hear the voice and already know what archetype to expect: the kind hearted girl, the brashy dude, the wise elder, the classy woman, etc.

Narag

ojCKDUb.gif

I couldn't get through chapter 1 of FC because I was sick of spending 75% of my time in inane random battles.

I've played 4 Atlus rpgs and progress at least past the halfway point before losing interest. Haven't beaten any of them. Yet somehow I finished Trails FC (it took 2 years though).

Line_HTX

Tokyo Mirage Sessions has far better dungeons than either P3 or P4, hopefully P5 follows suit.

This is a terrible opinion and almost feels like tag fishing.

duckroll and I will cut you!

Please, Chef, I don't care about tag fishing. It's how I truly feel, I despise that song.

I got you fam
P4DAN%20Miku%201.jpg

You know, for a while I wondered why Nirolak was using that version of Miku. I'm glad he switched to SMT4 Final Nozomi, lol

jgminto

You about to catch these God hands, boi

Lol nah, it's an ok RPG that holds up for the most part after all this time.
I've revisited P3 and when interest in the characters is no longer there, it's a really boring JRPG. The dungeons are awful, the shadows are drab and uninteresting as dungeon fodder and there is little potential or need for strategy in battle. Pick the right elements, use your buffs and cast your biggest damage attacks and you will coast through the game. Persona 4 shares some of those problems but 3 outclasses it as a boring JRPG.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Please, Chef, I don't care about tag fishing. It's how I truly feel, I despise that song.

So any tag you get should link to that track is what you're saying?

I've revisited P3 and when interest in the characters is no longer there, it's a really boring JRPG. The dungeons are awful, the shadows are drab and uninteresting as dungeon fodder and there is little potential or need for strategy in battle. Pick the right elements, use your buffs and cast your biggest damage attacks and you will coast through the game. Persona 4 shares some of those problems but 3 outclasses it as a boring JRPG.

P4 shares nearly all the same issues, and in some cases is worse due to simplifying of some systems (e.g. only 1 physical type instead of 3). Seeing multiple physical types again in TMS #FE was really cool. I also found P4 generally a lot easier than P3 in terms of strategies and/or difficulty.

Jarmel

Banned

That's kinda where I'm at. I think I'm near the halfway mark (in September) and it's kind of a shitty game. It's something that would work better in an anime format (yes I know how bad the adaptations are).

I'm probably going to do a big writeup when I finish and unless the second half is noticeably better, that review isn't going to be kind. I'm also probably going to be lynched for it.

duckroll

I started Cold Steel last night. It's so anime it hurts. The dub is pretty hit or miss too. Also feels slower than TitS and filled with Japanese technical jank. Runs and looks more like a PS2 remaster than a PS3 game. In other words... I love it.

zulux21

so... how wrong is it that the reason I just bought the card captors blu ray set from NisA (on sale for $140) instead of the DVD package (on sale for $40)

wasn't because of blu ray vs DVD
wasn't because of premium vs standard.

but because the DVD sets come in a case with a single spindle that all 4 disks sit on per set (3 sets)

while the blu ray set comes in a single package that has proper dividers @_@

I'm not a princess
Or a cutie girlfriend, oh, no, don't you know

Flash of rhymes, corduroy spangles
zamzamzamsometimes wangles
Three dots connect to rectangles
Just like music spots connects then rambles

I dunno, just goin' by memory, I like Wiping All Out way more than Mass Destruction.

So any tag you get should link to that track is what you're saying?

P4 shares nearly all the same issues, and in some cases is worse due to simplifying of some systems (e.g. only 1 physical type instead of 3). Seeing multiple physical types again in TMS #FE was really cool. I also found P4 generally a lot easier than P3 in terms of strategies and/or difficulty.
It's ok Line, even with your tag, you'll at least have Erina.

True, P4 weakest element were the dungeons, and simplified system. I really like Nocturnes system, different physical attacks plus that whole exploiting weaknesses to continue your attack chain.
I haven't seen any videos so I have no clue how P5 is doing in that regard.

That's kinda where I'm at. I think I'm near the halfway mark (in September) and it's kind of a shitty game. It's something that would work better in an anime format (yes I know how bad the adaptations are).

I'm probably going to do a big writeup when I finish and unless the second half is noticeably better, that review isn't going to be kind. I'm also probably going to be lynched for it.
Yeah, it's a bit underwhelming especially if you go P4 then Fes like I did. I still enjoyed it though and that OST was worth it.

Jintor

Flash of rhymes, corduroy spangles
zamzamzamsometimes wangles
Three dots connect to rectangles
Just like music spots connects then rambles

I dunno, just goin' by memory, I like Wiping All Out way more than Mass Destruction.

I'm still salty lotus juice/meguro never wrote a second verse for it

Eumi

Man this threads gonna be fun whilst I wait for Trails of Cold Steel 2 to come out in Europe.

Ah well, P5 will be put in Japan soon. That'll ease the pain with more pain.

Aiii

So not worth it
Persona 5 Anime

I've never played a Persona game before but that was super stylish. Now I'm interested in Persona 5.

You really should be interested to play Persona regardless. It's best if you start by playing P3P or P4 Golden right now, I think.

DiGiKerot

Man this threads gonna be fun whilst I wait for Trails of Cold Steel 2 to come out in Europe.

Ah well, P5 will be put in Japan soon. That'll ease the pain with more pain.

I broke down and ended up ordering the US version of ToCSII, though I'm too lazy to set up a US account for the DLC. Suppose I need to see what I can do about convincing the PS3 my EU saves are for the US release of ToCSI before it arrives...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Persona...
*Scroll*
Persona...
*Scroll*
Persona...
*Scroll*
Persona...
*Scroll*
Persona...
*Scroll*

I think I've clicked the wrong thread.

Cornbread78

I started Cold Steel last night. It's so anime it hurts. The dub is pretty hit or miss too. Also feels slower than TitS and filled with Japanese technical jank. Runs and looks more like a PS2 remaster than a PS3 game. In other words... I love it.

Lol, very true. Welcome to the fun though!

Hey, at least your watching some kind of anime.

Clov

so... how wrong is it that the reason I just bought the card captors blu ray set from NisA (on sale for $140) instead of the DVD package (on sale for $40)

wasn't because of blu ray vs DVD
wasn't because of premium vs standard.

but because the DVD sets come in a case with a single spindle that all 4 disks sit on per set (3 sets)

while the blu ray set comes in a single package that has proper dividers @_@

It's still not a great case. Be really careful with two of the discs in there (I think disc 1 or 2 and disc 7). The spindles will just NOT let them go. Don't try to force them out, or you might break them! I had to use a microfiber cloth to apply slight pressure from below in order to get those ones out. You'll know which disks I'm talking about when your set arrives.

zulux21

It's still not a great case. Be really careful with two of the discs in there (I think disc 1 or 2 and disc 7). The spindles will just NOT let them go. Don't try to force them out, or you might break them! I had to use a microfiber cloth to apply slight pressure from below in order to get those ones out. You'll know which disks I'm talking about when your set arrives.

sad to hear, but it should still be better than 4 dvds on top of each other. those always end up getting scratched even if you are careful :/

Either way even though I am not a huge card captors fan it will still be nice to have the piece of mind of owning it before it likely goes out of stock for years and years.

Oh man, I didn't even know such an event was going to be held, and I'll even get a chance to attend!

Would I have to go and get tickets in advance or something? It looks like the tepia hall's site is dead right now or something...

Yes, you need to get tickets from L-tike/Lawson with a specific time:
http://l-tike.com/event/madogatari/

Let me know if you'd want to meet up and go on the 24th or 25th.

Oh, and there's a limit of 2 tickets per person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom