• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man what the fuck Pokemon's character design game is off the charts for pixiv bait. Its a kids game, these shit battle harems need to learn

Indeed, that's the only word I can think about when going through those dungeons.

oh the dungeons are straight up dogshit. You don't play the Persona games for the dungeon crawling or RPG element when its vastly superior big brother exists, you play it for the Persona-isms that aren't in SMT.

Cornbread78

I have no idea how I timed it so well. I'm basically going through the last few cutscenes in Cold Steel and about to jump straight into the second game on the day it launched. It's perfect.

Better than my timing, I just finished Sun. night, lol.

Make sure you use all the free Shining Pom DLC to boost to lvl 80 (only takes like 15 mins)

I couldn't get through chapter 1 of FC because I was sick of spending 75% of my time in inane random battles.

Honestly, I feel like Trails FC/SC has one of the best balanced combat systems I've seen in an RPG. It's challenging enough to require you to be smart about using the tools at your disposal, but not ludicrously unfair either. That's a tricky thing to get right.

oh the dungeons are straight up dogshit. You don't play the Persona games for the dungeon crawling or RPG element when its vastly superior big brother exists, you play it for the Persona-isms that aren't in SMT.

I think you have to enjoy both.

Dungeon crawling makes up at least 2/3rds of Persona games. It's not as good as Shin Megami Tensei, but I'd say the battle system and fusion system still carries it above a good 80% of RPGs out there. The dungeons themselves are the clear weak point from a design perspective, so I hope that P5 will improve on that count.

But you have to go through a 100+ of these goddamn levels.

I just loaded up a podcast and did it all first day of the month in P3FES and P4G

Honestly, I feel like Trails FC/SC has one of the best balanced combat systems I've seen in an RPG. It's challenging enough to require you to be smart about using the tools at your disposal, but not ludicrously unfair either. That's a tricky thing to get right.

There just was something I was missing I guess.

I don't mind slow starts, I'm looking forward to DQ 7 in 10 days and that takes like 8 hours to get into a fight, or so I've heard

I think you have to enjoy both.

Dungeon crawling makes up at least 2/3rds of Persona games. It's not as good as Shin Megami Tensei, but I'd say the battle system and fusion system still carries it above a good 80% of RPGs out there. The dungeons themselves are the clear weak point from a design perspective, so I hope that P5 will improve on that count.

I'm a pretty big SMT fan so seeing a literal spinoff of the series not do SMT well enough is sad. Hopefully Persona 5 is way better with better dungeons, but I don't expect any stuff like Sector E in Strange Journey because Persona isn't for masochists. P4's battle system is fine, P3P's is fine. Fusions are still fun, but the dungeons are real boring

Played P4G first and by the end of it I was so done with the dungeons. They're just badly designed, pfes dungeons are even worse.

Now SMT Nocturne, thats a damn good game. Once the battle system clicks, it clicks well and its just fun exploiting weaknesses and so on. That said, that games dungeon crawling can be pretty hard.

I'm a pretty big SMT fan so seeing a literal spinoff of the series not do SMT well enough is sad. Hopefully Persona 5 is way better with better dungeons, but I don't expect any stuff like Sector E in Strange Journey because Persona isn't for masochists. P4's battle system is fine, P3P's is fine. Fusions are still fun, but the dungeons are real boring

Oh yeah, there's definitely a clear step down. I don't expect to ever see anything on par with Eridanus in Persona 5 (or probably any game, Strange Journey arguably has the best dungeons ever), but I do hope they're at least better overall.

I'd take playing Shin Megami Tensei over Persona any day, but I think the battle system is still good enough to make combat fun even if the dungeons you're going through are terrible.

There just was something I was missing I guess.

I don't mind slow starts, I'm looking forward to DQ 7 in 10 days and that takes like 8 hours to get into a fight, or so I've heard

Trails is slow, there's no denying that. I can understand people who want a faster paced game, but the characters and world building is strong enough to keep me invested even though the plot takes a long time to move.

About Dragon Quest 7 though, the 3DS remake essentially got rid of the opening combat-less section due to people's complaints about it.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Played P4G first and by the end of it I was so done with the dungeons. They're just badly designed, pfes dungeons are even worse.

Now SMT Nocturne, thats a damn good game. Once the battle system clicks, it clicks well and its just fun exploiting weaknesses and so on. That said, that games dungeon crawling can be pretty hard.
Well get ready for P5 because it seems they are getting rid of the randomly generated dungeons.

Well get ready for P5 because it seems they are getting rid of the randomly generated dungeons.

That don't mean shit if your dungeons are just hand crafted crap like in Bravely Default or Skyrim. Random generated dungeons aren't even that bad, the genre started with that. Persona's are just rote and boring and all look the same.

Isekai Shokudou anime project announced.
http://herobunko.com/books/hero21/5012/

The Western Style Cathouse.
Near the business district and nestled in a poor corner of the shopping district, in the first basement floor of a multi-business building.
From 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. is lunch time, and 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. is dinner time.
During holidays and weekends, the business district becomes empty.
Lunch is up to 1000 yen. You have your free choice of rice, bread and soup and it’s a good variety.
On the signboard mounted on the store’s entrance is the image of a beckoning cat. The cat’s bell is the main feature of this mascot. My cat-loving grandpa left this small store to me who, if I had to say, liked dogs better.
In other words, an average restaurant you can find anyway.

…Ah, but there’s one thing that’s different from other places.

Every Saturday, the store has some very special guests come in, and it becomes a business day.
Shouldn’t the store be closed? That’s right. That’s why it’s a special sale.
Only on Saturday, we welcome only these special customers, and because of that, superficially it’s a holiday.
Even I don’t know when my grandpa started doing this.
But, ‘Those on the Other Side’ call this place ‘The Other World Dining Hall’.
zd6THLS.jpg

I'm hopeful that it'll be a bit better than 4. If it can get to Nocturne levels then I'd be really happy.

That don't mean shit if your dungeons are just hand crafted crap like in Bravely Default or Skyrim. Random generated dungeons aren't even that bad, the genre started with that. Persona's are just rote and boring and all look the same.

Yeah this too. Skyrim just looked the same all over and was pretty bad.
But the inclusion of demons has me hoping it'll be better.

Lol good thing my access to the internet will basically be zero when P5 launches. Gotta watch out for those spoilers.

Man, I feel kinda weird having watched so much anime over the past year or so that I can start recognizing actor's voices now. Like I started watching Orange, and by the end of the first scene I was like "Oh! It's the girl who voices the main character of Psycho Pass!"

Man, I feel kinda weird having watched so much anime over the past year or so that I can start recognizing actor's voices now. Like I started watching Orange, and by the end of the first scene I was like "Oh! It's the girl who voices the main character of Psycho Pass!"

HanaKana has a pretty recognizable voice, like Wakamoto or Sawashiro

Line_HTX

The only thing that's the WORST song of all time is Mass Destruction. It is NOT a good song, and it's fucking irritating that a majority of Ultimax tournament players ALWAYS manually choose that song during tournament play. It completely ruins the experience of learning through watching high level play as it happens.

The only thing that's the WORST song of all time is Mass Destruction. It is NOT a good song, and it's fucking irritating that a majority of Ultimax tournament players ALWAYS manually choose that song during tournament play. It completely ruins the experience of learning through watching high level play as it happens.

hell no mass destruction owns

P5 Anime
Damn, much style such wow.

Pretty good episode, has me hyped for the game now. If anything that ost is gonna be fantastic. Also liked how the anime was stylized to feel like the game.

Lol that songs the favorite?

Personally I love Aigis theme
And Yukikos theme

Chase17

91 Days 1-2

Really enjoying the show so far. It's got a good mood/aesthetic and prohibition era is usually an interesting era to delve into.

Kind of figured that the gang Angelo was cozying up to
were behind his family's death. Also I thought Fango burned to death in episode 1 but I guess not.

Looking forward to catching up on this show.

Line_HTX

Souma S2 ep.10
Dammit, that was not how I thought that was going to happen. Pretty bummed actually... dammit.

Back to Trails.

I really wish they definitively declared Kurokiba 3rd place instead of fucking double Silver Medal like Olympic sissies just to stick it in his idiotic face and his lame act.

hell no mass destruction owns

It gets way too fucking overplayed all the fucking time and fucking sucks and I'm sick of it. There are so many different songs to play, just Random Select before the match begins. Not that hard.

I really wish they definitively declared Kurokiba 3rd place instead of fucking double Silver Medal like Olympic sissies just to stick it in his idiotic face and his lame act.

It gets way too fucking overplayed all the fucking time and fucking sucks and I'm sick of it. There are so many different songs to play, just Random Select before the match begins. Not that hard.
I just played Arena one but looking at Ultimax theme's. They totally fucked up with best girls Marie theme. That shit is bad, thank god second best Aigis has a fantastic battle song.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Persona 3 and 4 dungeon is just okay. At least it was easy to get through. I only spend 1 or 2 days (game time) to complete dungeon.

BABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABY

Isekai Shokudou anime project announced.
http://herobunko.com/books/hero21/5012/
Interesting premise. I hope its a chill anime

I sure hope its great.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Tokyo Mirage Sessions has far better dungeons than either P3 or P4, hopefully P5 follows suit.

This is a terrible opinion and almost feels like tag fishing.

Persona 3 is a bad JRPG.

duckroll and I will cut you!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
3 had a dog
4 had a bear
5 has a cat.
6 maybe a horse.
I guess the way p5 MC is a swag Lord, you could consider him a dog, it depends on your views,

Tokyo Mirage Sessions is unofficial Persona 4.5 and has no playable animal character.

Though the Velvet Room equivalent has a vocaloid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom