• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Tales of Zestiria the X ep.10
%5B2016.09.12_05.02.54%5D.jpg
Poor Meebo is getting picked on by Edna, lol. This episode is probably one of the biggest departures from the game I've noticed, but it was still really well done and fun to watch. The visuals continue to be great as well!

Aki-at

TMNT2

This film is one of the dumbest blockbusters I've seen recently... but I still enjoyed it more than Batman v Superman.

On the other hand...

Emirates flying experience

This has been AMAZING. The beef was so soft, the salmon and cream cheese perfect and the wifi means I can browse the net still and talk to friends and family still. THIS IS HYPE. I should try using Crunchyroll and see how that works :D

(And literally of only half the plane was booked. Economy might as well have been first class with all the extra space.)

Dragon Ball Super 58

Alright I guess the term immortal is actually like Garlic Jr. immortality in that you actually cannot die. I doubt you can just knock people into orbit Kars style either. Better find that non-canon Dead Zone.

Line_HTX

Emirates flying experience

This has been AMAZING. The beef was so soft, the salmon and cream cheese perfect and the wifi means I can browse the net still and talk to friends and family still. THIS IS HYPE. I should try using Crunchyroll and see how that works :D

(And literally of only half the plane was booked. Economy might as well have been first class with all the extra space.)

S E L L O U T

;P

Cornbread78

ReZero ep.24
Man, that went too well for Subaru.. Something is bound to happen, but it looks like he managed to
save the villagers and Emilia
from certain death. Also, new info on Beatrice popped up, which is hoing to hang in the wind unless a second season is adapted at some point. Good stuff as usual.

Aki-at

S E L L O U T

;P

Emirates didn't bribe me with cash for this ringing endorsement, they bribed me with the mountain and mountain of chocolate pudding they keep offering!

wifi on a plane? geddoutahere

Not sure whether they do it for international flights, I have never had it, but they do have it available in domestic ones. Meaning staying in the same country, just going to another province.

I'm going from UK to Japan, so yeah, Emirates is baller, amazing, great, stupendous and well, damn good value for money (£630 to and return? That's a STEAL)

THUMBS UP!

PS CRUNCHYROLL IS WORKING FFFF! TIME FOR JOJO!

Legend of the Galactic Heroes 034

"Sir all our plans are falling apart what do we do?"

"EH FUCK IT JUST RAM OUR BIG THING INTO THEIR BIG THING AND CALL IT A DAY"

NeonZ

So this scumbag has zero redeeming qualities, which is actually fairly rare in anime or any piece of fiction. Usually there's some trait that is idealized in the main character, even flawed ones, such as courage, intelligence, looks, or suave. Instead here, the lead is someone whose own mother wishes was never born.

Later episodes starting from the middle 20s do highlight some positive traits for Ataru, like his persistence and ingenuity (compared to the more skilled, but less creative Mendou). There are also some stories where he helps out random people and creatures for one reason or another. He continues to be a pervert and flirty though, wanting women without being tied to any single one.

Sterok

Full Moon wo Sagashite 25

Okay, I am
90% sure Takuto is Mitsuki's father. That whole deal with Wakaouji seals it. So that makes romance creepy, but on the bright side it hopefully means it won't go far in that direction.
Ooshige is my favorite character by now. She's a riot without actually screwing things up. Jeez, Madoka is going far to screw over someone who doesn't particularly care about her. Seeing how popular Full Moon is I'm surprised no one was willing to produce for her. You'd think someone would want a piece of that overnight sensation. Though I guess that other producer's marketing played a big role in that. Wakaouji should have a legit reason for not producing though. He's a doctor. He should have important doctor stuff to do.

Cornbread78

Full Moon wo Sagashite 25

Okay, I am
90% sure Takuto is Mitsuki's father. That whole deal with Wakaouji seals it. So that makes romance creepy, but on the bright side it hopefully means it won't go far in that direction.
Ooshige is my favorite character by now. She's a riot without actually screwing things up. Jeez, Madoka is going far to screw over someone who doesn't particularly care about her. Seeing how popular Full Moon is I'm surprised no one was willing to produce for her. You'd think someone would want a piece of that overnight sensation. Though I guess that other producer's marketing played a big role in that. Wakaouji should have a legit reason for not producing though. He's a doctor. He should have important doctor stuff to do.

Oh man, so much more to come, so I won't confirm it, lol.. Have you been singing the songs to yourself? That signer has an amazing voice and the songs fit perfectly with the tone of the show..

Cornbread78

Battery ep. 8-9
Well, we have a new jerk to add to the list snd this is the biggest one yet! I hope the that last pitch was a sign that Harada and Go ae ready to get on the same page and really form a strong battery. These have probably some of the best episodes yet for the show.

Sterok

Oh man, so much more to come, so I won't confirm it, lol.. Have you been singing the songs to yourself? That signer has an amazing voice and the songs fit perfectly with the tone of the show..

I've hummed them to myself a couple of times, though I wish they would introduce new ones a bit faster. Myself is good, but hearing it 10 times gets a bit old.

On another note, you know what bugs me about modern anime? The lack of long shows. When I'm looking at anime 10 or more years back I often find anime that are 50 episodes long, and there were even some 100+ long epics. These days the only long runners seem to be kids shows and legacy franchises. 50 episode anime are incredibly rare these days. Maybe I just happen to run into all the old 50 episode anime or am not paying enough attention to what's airing, but it feels like they were more common in the past.12 or 24 episodes are good too, but there's a certain satisfaction in seeing a show that had to air for a year or more.

Ace Attorney − Spirit of Justice

Maaaaaan, this game. This fucking game. I liked how AA5 made Apollo more interesting compared to 4, but 6 is pretty much his game and does it so well. That entire case 5 was amazing.

Cornbread78

I've hummed them to myself a couple of times, though I wish they would introduce new ones a bit faster. Myself is good, but hearing it 10 times gets a bit old.

On another note, you know what bugs me about modern anime? The lack of long shows. When I'm looking at anime 10 or more years back I often find anime that are 50 episodes long, and there were even some 100+ long epics. These days the only long runners seem to be kids shows and legacy franchises. 50 episode anime are incredibly rare these days. Maybe I just happen to run into all the old 50 episode anime or am not paying enough attention to what's airing, but it feels like they were more common in the past.12 or 24 episodes are good too, but there's a certain satisfaction in seeing a show that had to air for a year or more.

There is a new song introduced shortly to add another humm to the mix...

Twin Star Exorcists will be 50 as well, but yeah, I hear you. Too many studios ard trying to shocev24 episides of content into 1 cour now.

Sterok

Full Moon wo Sagashite 27

New op is eh. Feels tonally out of place. And there's no adorable dance. New ed is an improvement though. I'm surprised Madoka managed to get this far in the business when she seems to have no confidence in her abilities seeing how she can only get the upper hand on Full Moon by screwing with their work. That pig is going to be the (figurative) death of her. Interesting route to go with Takasu. I thought Madoka was just beating herself up, but Takasu says she doesn't believe in him. Hard to tell if that's the truth, if Takasu believes that, or if he's just saying that because Madoka isn't giving it her all.

Orange 11
It's impressive how this once promising show has fallen victim to every misgiving I had about it. Kakeru's a character that could potentially be interesting, but like everyone else in this show is just a one note shoujo caricature.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes 033
When they're fighting in space howcome their bodies fall into a liquid? Is it some kind of combat vapor deployed so you can jet ski or is it like some planetary ring

The liquid is the barrier around Iserlohn that makes it the impregnable fortress. It absorbs any weaponry fired at the fortress, and defense turrets/the Iserlohn cannon can hide under the liquid so they can freely rotate around the fortress without being damaged.

ReZero ep.24
Man, that went too well for Subaru.. Something is bound to happen, but it looks like he managed to
save the villagers and Emilia
from certain death. Also, new info on Beatrice popped up, which is hoing to hang in the wind unless a second season is adapted at some point. Good stuff as usual.

I really hope he doesn't fuck up again. Pretty sure the bible he picked up before is how Beatlejuice was able to take over his body, hopefully Subaru doesn't do the same thing this time/bealtejuice can't live on through the bible after him and all the fingers are gone.

Also, this pretty much confirms
that Puck is not the witch
, right? I know some people here thought that, but it doesn't make any sense given what we find out in this episode.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
The liquid is the barrier around Iserlohn that makes it the impregnable fortress. It absorbs any weaponry fired at the fortress, and defense turrets/the Iserlohn cannon can hide under the liquid so they can freely rotate around the fortress without being damaged.

I really hope he doesn't fuck up again. Pretty sure the bible he picked up before is how Beatlejuice was able to take over his body, hopefully Subaru doesn't do the same thing this time/bealtejuice can't live on through the bible after him and all the fingers are gone.

Also, this pretty much confirms
that Puck is not the witch
, right? I know some people here thought that, but it doesn't make any sense given what we find out in this episode.
I don't think anyone thought that, did they? Makes no sense considering what he does when his "daughter" kicks the bucket.

zulux21

re:zero 24

still confused why anyone thinks the blank letter has anything to do with Rem.

the letter was written/sent by green hair chick (cruche or whatever), if anyone is missing to make a blank letter it would be her. It's more likely there is a traitor somewhere.

but since she is still being brought up, she shouldn't be missing.

there is a different reason for the blank letter *shrugs*

Aki-at

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable - 25

Wow what a fantastic episode. I see JoJo time is alive and well though with how long 5 minutes really lasted haha. Love though how Kira tried to wriggle himself out of this by
trying to trick Josuke into healing him and then Josuke figuring it out then chopping his hand off then Josuke using said hand over track down Kira then Kira finally outwitting then with plastic surgery.

What an episode to miss.

Ya gonna be in Tokyo for TGS?

Join our meetup after:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1253412

Hm I'm actually going to TGS for the press days so not 100% sure if I can make the 17th. I'll keep a mind out for it if my group doesn't have any specific plan.

Emirates Flight Experience - 2

They have Street Fighter 2 as one of the in flight games.

Damn, just, damn.

I've flown in the Emirates first class (not the personal booth but the long chair that can lay flat) and yes I can say I've never had a better flight experience, plus their media offerings are absolutely the best. I was watching so many films that were either still in theaters or way before being available in other services, plus a bunch of amazing shows. Hell I watched Mr robot on the way back from Dubai. Note that if it wasn't that the business/first class was paid for no way in hell would I have paid for it.

91 Days-9

To the surprise of no-one, the obvious answer was obvious.

The show, outside of doing shit you wouldn't expect until later (like some character deaths), really has been trying to just tell a standard mafia story which I'll applaud considering the medium. I'm sure they're holding back some motherfucker who is like holding a pencil menacingly swearing he's going to add a loli mob boss or a battle maid.

The reveal surprised nobody but I still particularly gave a light chuckle at the other guy who the show wants you to suspect only for it to be immediately shut down.

Wanderer5

That PV kind of reminds me of something like Bayonetta lol. Maybe the group has to fight the armies of hell and heaven with music and style.

T-Rex.

Banned
Dragon Ball Super is better then Re:Zero tho. Although, it would be way harder to marathon up to Dragon Ball Super's current point. Like most extremely long series, its better to watch week by week.
I love Dragon Ball (and most shonen) but this just isn't true :lol

re:zero 24

still confused why anyone thinks the blank letter has anything to do with Rem.

the letter was written/sent by green hair chick (cruche or whatever), if anyone is missing to make a blank letter it would be her. It's more likely there is a traitor somewhere.
They haven't forgotten Crusch since she gets mentioned in almost every episode since the whale battle whereas there hasn't been a single mention of Rem. I mean even Ram hasn't asked about her once so yeah, I think the theory is legit.

zulux21

I love Dragon Ball (and most shonen) but this just isn't true :lol

They haven't forgotten Crusch since she gets mentioned in almost every episode since the whale battle whereas there hasn't been a single mention of Rem. I mean even Ram hasn't asked about her once so yeah, I think the theory is legit.

To be fair Subaru has dealt with the rem thing before that if people forgot her he would no doubt notice.

but sure Rem might be gone, I'll give people that. Just as likely that with the whale dead it isn't all that important to establish she is fine.
but she shouldn't have anything to do with the letter at all.
she didn't write it
she didn't send it
it was all crusch and her camp.
thus the idea that it is blank because Rem is gone just seems silly.

if that is the case it's just really bad writing since they reconfirmed this episode that Crusch sent it not Rem. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it was a poorly set up heart jerker with rem gone after you thought she was safe.

I heard next episode is a double ep like the first episode, so technically two more episodes to go?

I've looked around and I can't find any sort of legit source that seems to think this is true sadly :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom