• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Kuromukuro #23

Looks like this was the last 'calm before the storm' episode (well as calm as it can be when you're already inside the eye of the storm) and it was fantastic. This show is so freaking good at handling its characters and the effects on the world this 'attack' has. The dialogue between Kennosuke and Muetta was so good.
This finale stretch is going to be so hype.

Re:Zero #24

Great again. Seeing the 'ideal route' after all the dead ends is always fun, but I can't help but feel that this went too smooth. I wonder how they're going to deal with Beetlejuice trying to possess Subaru and what else is going to go wrong.

Speaking of mysteries, have there been any news regarding a second season of Rokka no Yuusha ?

Don't expect any second seasons for most of the LN adaptations. There could be an exception if one those animes get lots of sales, but it won't be the case in 90% of them. And I think I remember Rokka didn't sell a lot, more like the opposite.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes 033

qu6pkVF.jpg

When they're fighting in space howcome their bodies fall into a liquid? Is it some kind of combat vapor deployed so you can jet ski or is it like some planetary ring

A battle of mutually assured destruction between two Death Stars. I like how Yang's absence from Iserlohn turned into a Schrodinger's Cat-like tactic of itself. As long as Iserlohn can give the appearance that Yang is there, Geiursberg is stuck in a limbo between the possibility that he is there and isn't there. If he is there, it's a trap because of the way Yang conducts battles. If he isn't there, then morale spikes and capturing Iserlohn becomes easy. You can't act on either because of the looming uncertainty.

One Piece 756

Translating Inuarashi as "Dog Storm" and Nekomamushi as "Cat Viper" makes their names way funnier.

I could totally see what multiple people have mentioned on the previous page about the blank letter being very real and how the show ends.

Also, if that double length finale is true... All I can say is White Fox is based. They gave this show quite the running and went all in. Decent to great production from start to end throughout 2 cours, going as far as removing intros and outros to extend the episode's length, a double-length pilot and finale... Heck you don't see this on 1-cours, so it was great to see it on a longer project that no one really payed attention to at the start, and gained so much traction. Whoever decided to do it this way struck the jackpot.

I shall wait for the eventual second season in the next 2-3 years.

Don't expect any second seasons for most of the LN adaptations. There could be an exception if one those animes get lots of sales, but it won't be the case in 90% of them. And I think I remember Rokka didn't sell a lot, more like the opposite.
Yeah I remember when someone pointed out the sales numbers for this and they were piss poor. It was upsetting, since the show was actually quite good. It drove a lot of attention and discussion on here. The "whodunit" aspect of it was perfect for community engagement.

Ascheroth

Yeah I remember when someone pointed out the sales numbers for this and they were piss poor. It was upsetting, since the show was actually quite good. It drove a lot of attention and discussion on here. The "whodunit" aspect of it was perfect for community engagement.
Those weekly discussions and speculations were a a fun time.

I don't anticipate Rokka getting a second season, but it's worth noting here that Japanese anime disc sales are currently in a steep decline, with the market willing to buy them contracting considerably. Which means that revenue streams besides physical discs are going to become even more important in determining whether to fund more anime in a franchise.

Knowing how this current arc of Re:Zero ends since the beginning of May has gotten me...anticipating next week to say the least.

I think that everyone following this show is very well aware that this CANNOT end on a happy/good note and that things are going way too smoothly this week. I'm goddamn looking forward to seeing if they actually manage to exceed my despairful expectations. BRING IT WHITE FOX.

Qurupeke

Kuragehime 2-4
Alright, I'm sold. This is really entertaining, I certainly didn't anticipate something like that. I think the last time I had that much fun was with Soremachi. The humor is just on point, with crazy overreactions and awkward situations created by the characters. And there's something natural about this, it doesn't feel forced at all.

Tsukimi is an amazing protagonist and even the more dramatic aspects of her character are working surprisingly well. Even Kuronosuke and his brother have more depth than I thought, I loved the aquarium scene.

Aiii

So not worth it
If I throw myself off a building and die, do you guys think I will reset to the start of Re:Zero so I can watch it for the first time all over again? That would be nice.

Tales of Zestiria 11

Today's episode was pretty tame and it developed more of Alicia's and Rose's characters. We also now see how hard it is the purify a human too. I liked how they did it in the anime quite a lot.

My favourite part is the first few minutes of the episodes with Sorey and Miklep working together. I just love all their interactions!

A nice episode! Also next week is probably gonna be big? Heldalf appears maybe?

kewlmyc

Are you saying that you've never watched all but the last episode of something and then dropped it?

Is that just me?

I usually drop something at 1-5 episodes. If a show shits the bed 4/5th the way through, I usually just finish this just to see how bad it gets.

Line_HTX

Dragon Ball Super is better then Re:Zero tho. Although, it would be way harder to marathon up to Dragon Ball Super's current point. Like most extremely long series, its better to watch week by week.

I ain't hate watching shit, I dropped it

It took them more than one year to get good. I'm sorry, but that's just horrific.

Line_HTX

For short series like This Art Club Has A Problem, Blood Blockade Battlefront, and Punchline, I could've dropped it at 3, but dropped it at 6 at the halfway point instead. I guess I'm not as impatient as I was in years past.

For me Dragon Ball Super isn't something I compare to other stuff I'm watching. It's just something I do every week, like how I've been reading One Piece for 7 (maybe 8?) years. I hardly compare other stuff to One Piece because I've been reading it for 1/3rd of my life and its a part of my life now.

We all know the only good thing about Dragon Ball is the original series. I would never be able to re-watch/re-read Z these days.

I'll never agree with splitting DB and DBZ as separate things as a manga reader. Although I like DB the most, the first three arcs of DBZ are top tier Shonen, albeit formulaic to read now because of their sheer influence, which I can understand. I made it about 100 chapters into Hokuto no Ken and didn't feel like reading anymore. I can take or leave parts of Buu, and Battle of Gods is by far the best of the movies. I'd just call Super perfunctory, but it makes me smile.

Future Boy Conan 17

Evil lurks in the hearts of man everywhere. There is no lasting utopia on earth.

Though I don't agree with when you dropped it, I understand your reasoning. I'll just say it would've been better if you dropped it halfway at the latest.

It would have been better if I had not watched it in the first place and saved myself some time! But there was one particular scene in the penultimate episode involving Nikumi that was the breaking point for me.

I tend not to drop things very easily, but I tend to follow less shows than I used to.

Also I think Dragon Ball Super is a pretty good show.

For me, it's not so much dropping as it is "putting on hold", most of the time.

The only shows I'd say I've truly dropped to the point of never going back would be GBF TRY and Angel Beats.

Qurupeke

Kuragehime 5-6

Oh my god, this is gold.

But I'm feeling bad about Shuu and his trauma. And he's so nice to his brother, despite that. I was sure something fishy was going on with Kuronosuke's mother. And then that scene with Tsukimi just melted my heart.

brawly

ReLIFE | 1-8 (dropped)

Was an interesting premise but I really can't watch this whole high school drama pish anymore. It's become unbearable to me. I guess I'll still give Orange a go though, right?

I can't watch Super in Japanese.
I need my German dub for this.

I feel you, Bruder.

ReLIFE | 1-8 (dropped)

Was an interesting premise but I really can't watch this whole high school drama pish anymore. It's become unbearable to me. I guess I'll still give Orange a go though, right?

If you are dropping ReLIFE for the high school drama of all things... eeesh. Stay the fuck away from Orange LOL.

ReLIFE | 1-8 (dropped)

Orange was bad in that regard by he time I dropped it. Apparently it's only gotten tenfold worse. So, uh, beware.

That aside, the production quality is really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom