• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

Battery ep. 8-9
Well, we have a new jerk to add to the list snd this is the biggest one yet! I hope the that last pitch was a sign that Harada and Go ae ready to get on the same page and really form a strong battery. These have probably some of the best episodes yet for the show.

I like this guy though.

Quite enjoying this as a person who doesn't like sports anime.

T-Rex.

Banned
but she shouldn't have anything to do with the letter at all.
she didn't write it
she didn't send it
it was all crusch and her camp.
thus the idea that it is blank because Rem is gone just seems silly.

if that is the case it's just really bad writing since they reconfirmed this episode that Crusch sent it not Rem. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it was a poorly set up heart jerker with rem gone after you thought she was safe.
I'm going to have to re-watch it since I can't remember exactly, but didn't she go back with Crusch because she was injured? So technically the letter could be from Crusch's camp but also be written by Rem because it'd make it more trustworthy coming from her than one of the royal candidates.

Tbh I don't mind if it does turn out to be true
EMT
but I hope it at least makes sense rather than the show including a shocking moment just for the sake of having one.

zulux21

I'm going to have to re-watch it since I can't remember exactly, but didn't she go back with Crusch because she was injured? So technically the letter could be from Crusch's camp but also be written by Rem because it'd make it more trustworthy coming from her than one of the royal candidates.

Tbh I don't mind if it does turn out to be true
EMT
but I hope it at least makes sense rather than the show including a shocking moment just for the sake of having one.

she went back, but it would have been an official letter between candidates. That would be written by either crusch herself, or her first in command. but fine... lets assume for some reason that Rem wrote it.

Subaru should have known that then, or even if he didn't actively know that he would question why it was blank.

if he thought rem could be missing, he would be broken right now, and we already know he wouldn't forget.

he also wouldn't be taking the blame of the letter on himself.
as seen in this image.

this show has been pretty good about little details, so it really just doesn't add up.

It's not impossible that the writer just forced something and screwed up stuff at the end, or the animation staff is missing something. But given that A. this is based off the rewrite, and B. the writer is known to be working actively with them to make the anime. it seems unlikely.

that all being said, Rem put up so many death flags, it still seems unlikely that she will survive through the end of the next episode even if she isn't present in the fight, but for now this theory seems as odd as the puck = witch theory that was actively proven false this episode once again :p

Szadek

I have a hard time finding anything about the writer of the letter in the anime, but I found out that in the webnovel
Rem and Subaru wrote the letter.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Orange 11

Suwa is just a god damn stud. Completely selfless. I've fallen for him, Naho will follow soon.

Of course this intervention is fraying, the MC is a little bitch.

The Orange club should just put him out of his misery and root for the couple that deserves each other.

Qurupeke

Kuragehime [END]
L4JUtsF.png
That was very good! A unique premise with a strange cast, but the result delivered. Fluid animation and nice music too.

I hoped for a more complete ending as it was a bit rushed, nevertheless it was quite satisfying. Unexpectedly enjoyable series.

JulianImp

Even airports are anime:
http://mikehattsu.blogspot.com/2016/09/non-non-biyori-airport.html

Or at least appear in them ;P

This reminds me I'm definitely going to visit the house that was the inspiration for the Ushiromiya manor in Umineko since it's practically within walking distance now, so there's no excuse for me to not drop by and take some pictures at least once.

We're beat after having literally flown to the other side of the planet, and are still waiting for the third guy in our team to arrive, but the other guy has already noted the hordes of children wearing school uniforms all over the place.

Line_HTX

I think it's deliberately meant to represent a fighting game tournament PV. For what reason, I don't know

Y'know, ever since Euphonium started airing I always had the impression it was like FGC the anime, especially when Taki-sensei posed the important question on everyone.

What do you guys want to do... Do y'all want to stay and play casual sets all day, or do you want to compete at EVO, hahaha

e_i

It's Monday, so another episode of New Game!

*Realizes there's only two episodes left*
*Goes and cries in corner*

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Please end this season asap. The next one is PACKED.

Is it? Let's check.

Well Hibike! Euphonium 2 and Show by Rock 2, but what else is there that has you excited...?

....oh, I just saw the description to Keijo. That explains things.

Qurupeke

Is it? Let's check.

Well Hibike! Euphonium 2 and Show by Rock 2, but what else is there that has you excited...?

....oh, I just saw the description to Keijo. That explains things.

3-gatsu no lion and Occultic;Nine, along with Euphonium S2, are the big players for me.

But there are like four or five different mahou shoujo shows, at least one of them must be good! Autumn is the season of the witch.

Cornbread78

Please end this season asap. The next one is PACKED.

umm....... to each there own, but I'm going to "taste test" a bunch of shows, but at the same time, I can already see a lot of 3 and outs.....

For Sure:
- Eupho S2
- Shuumatsu no Izetta
- Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku (Magical Girl Raising Project)
- WWW.Working!!
- 3-gatsu no Lion

Sound interesting enough to
- Occultic;Nine
- Drifters
- Nanbaka

Sure to be pure $hit (but I'll check it out):
- Keijo!!!!!!!!
- Okusama ga Seitokaichou!+!
-

Gvitor

The anime series is Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon and will air in November. In it, Ash will receive a Z Ring and meet the Melemele Island Guardian, Tapu Koko. In the series, Ash is going to school and his goal is to graduate "like never before".

giphy.gif

blurr

I mostly wait and see reactions/reviews before picking something. I saw the trailer for Flip Flappers, it didn't quite interest me but I'll see how it goes. Same goes for Classicaloid (well, apart from Hamauzu composing the music).

Cornbread78

There being so few people excited for Flip Flappers and Classicaloid in here makes me sad. :(

I mostly wait and see reactions/reviews before picking something. I saw the trailer for Flip Flappers, it didn't quite interest me but I'll see how it goes. Same goes for Classicaloid (well, apart from Hamauzu composing the music).

I'm with Blurr on this one. Unfortunately, the trailers were just meh, so I'll wait to hear some impressions from a few of the posters that have similar tastes to mine. I'm still watching waaay too much $hit right now that I should have dropped, lol.

I'm with Blurr on this one. Unfortunately, the trailers were just meh, so I'll wait to hear some impressions from a few of the posters that have similar tastes to mine. I'm still watching waaay too much $hit right now that I should have dropped, lol.

Pffft.

The Flip Flappers PV has more color, energy, and animation than probably like, 90% of every other fall PV show out there.

With the premise of the show being about two magical girls going on a wacky adventure, I'd say the PV is more than "just meh".

Cornbread78

Pffft.

The Flip Flappers PV has more color, energy, and animation than probably like, 90% of every other fall PV show out there.

With the premise of the show being about two magical girls going on a wacky adventure, I'd say the PV is more than "just meh".

Magical girls just aren't my thing Bruh...

Although, I did watch Madoka and Yuki Yuna

And of course, I'm watching the magical Girls death game anime!

Magical girls just aren't my thing Bruh...

Although, I did watch Madoka and Yuki Yuna

One of the best anime ever is a magical girl show and it's called Cardcaptor Sakura.

Go watch that and tell me how magical girls are the greatest!

Aki-at

Sweetness and Lightning LIVE FROM TOKYO - ?

I don't know what happened and didn't understand a single thing but it made me feel good.

Thunderbolt Fantasy - 10

I can already see how
Shang is going to get betrayed by the thief guy next episode
on the other hand the blonde kid is finally getting some backbone.

Live report from Japan.

There's a Godzilla attack going on RIGHT NOW!

blurr

Arakawa Under the Bridge 04

this is dating

this was sweet, Nino's past picques Ko's curiosity but notices she is hesitant; decides to ease her in with him by helping her boat get past the obstruction and move forward to the ocean which is something that bothered her

new girl here and I was worried if this would pull of some questionable jokes along the lines of a certain series but gladly that wasn't the case; she is just too good

in fact, araragi is finally paying for his monogatari sins

nothing to see here

this is actually one of the untold stories of Greed Island arc and that's Biscuit Krueger, it all makes sense now

so yea, it was a good episode

Ugh, I hope this show doesn't end up as the new super popular thing in here over Flip Flappers. The kind of show that's got so much "TIS PEAR & SURFER RING" that everybody goes nuts for it and ends up ignoring Flip Flappers.

I mean, sure Flip Flappers may turn into something like that later down the line but at least it's not being blatantly obvious of what it's trying to be with its mere title!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom