• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Which one's that? Sounds interesting.

Also can't wait to binge watch Mob Psycho once it's done.

HPUwakX.png

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku (Magical Girl Raising Project)

https://myanimelist.net/anime/33003/Mahou_Shoujo_Ikusei_Keikaku

Synopsis
The highly popular social network game "Magical Girl Raising Project" is a miraculous game that produces real Magical Girls with a chance of 1 in 10000 for each person. Girls who are lucky enough to gain the power of magic spend fulfilling days. But one day, the administration arbitrarily announces that "There are too many magical girls so they will be halved." The curtain will now be raised on the relentless and merciless survival game between 16 magical girls.

Sounds like this one could be a lot of fun!

Ugh, I hope this show doesn't end up as the new super popular thing in here over Flip Flappers. The kind of show that's got so much "TIS PEAR & SURFER RING" that everybody goes nuts for it and ends up ignoring Flip Flappers.

I mean, sure Flip Flappers may turn into something like that later down the line but at least it's not being blatantly obvious of what it's trying to be with its mere title!

Not sure how it will turn out here, but from reading impressions online, the manga is pretty good!

I'm going to make an OT for it because your right, this type of show does usually attract more attention than your typical cutesy magical girl anime.

Does Flip Flappers = CGDCT "magical girl adventure" edition?

blurr

Mob Psycho 100 10

it feels like a long time since I saw the 9th episode but glad the tenth is here hah

holy shit that ending

GIVE ME THE NEXT EPISODE NOW

phaze

Mob Psycho 10

Ehhh, this series had something interesting going on with Mob's and Ritsu's personal tribulations but for a while now, it's just mildly interesting, generic shounen where the stakes and tension are brought down by a humorous approach to it all and the jokes themselves are more often than not painfully unfunny or just flat.

Is Flip Flappers = CGDCT "magical girl adventure" edition?

I don't know what you mean by this. That seems like a real demeaning way of putting it. Are you implying that because it looks like a CGDCT show, there'll be so significant story?

Synopsis said:
Papika and Cocona hold the keys to open the door. When the two girls meet, their adventures in a different time and different overlapping dimension called "Pure Illusion" begin. Many things in Pure Illusion will stand in the girls' way on their search for the mysterious crystal called the "Shard of Mimi," an item that is said to grant any wish. However, when the girls find themselves in danger, the Shard of Mimi shines, and they are able to transform.

Looking at this synopsis right here, I can think of tons of different ways this show's story could develop and what kind of crazy cool visuals that could come from it as well. Certainly a lot more than Magical Girl Raising Project could.

I imagine it'll be a lot more fun and upbeat as well.

Cornbread78

I don't know what you mean by this. That seems like a real demeaning way of putting it. Are you implying that because it looks like a CGDCT show, there'll be so significant story?

Looking at this synopsis right here, I can think of tons of different ways this show's story could develop and what kind of crazy cool visuals that could come from it as well. Certainly a lot more than Magical Girl Raising Project could.

I imagine it'll be a lot more fun and upbeat as well.

I was referring to the tone of the show, it looks like a really light-hearted "frolic" kind of adventure. That's not saying it's good, bad, or lacks depth, just a tone generalization. I don't; know much about it, it just didn't grab my attention, so I'll wait to hear some feedback on it. Who knows, I may end up liking it eventually since my tastes are very eclectic in general...

Sterok

I'm just happy that there's like 3 Magical Girl anime coming out, and they're all different. Genre feels like its been in a rut, and I'll take anything at this point.

phaze

Casshern Sins 17

I feel like I missed something since the concept of Luna's father was introduced so nonchalantly, as if it was out there for a number of episodes when it's the first time I hear of it.

Not really feeling Dio&Leda. it's clear they're not supposed be this fear inducing final villains but characters with their own set of issues but the writing for these strikes the cringe chord quite repeatedly.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mob Psycho 100 Episode 10:

Well then, since it is not the finale of the arc yet, the heroes can not prevail quite yet and what is this, the final challenger approaches.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
New Game! Episode 11:

Well that was actually interesting there for a few minutes when they actually focused on TGS and the job at hand and then it devolves into the usual tensionless skits and everybody is just way too fucking relaxed right now. Also, would Rin and Ko just get married already.

Eumi

It's a shame that it'll be so long (if ever) before we see Re:Zero again. It really did feel like a 'right place, right time' kind of thing. I don't know if I'll be looking forward to another season in four years of that happens.

zulux21

So the RE: Zero anime has overtaken the LNs? I guess we won't get anymore RE: Zero anime for a long time.
Also, Felis can nibble on my ear anytime.

yeah, there is a small chance that the ending will be anime only, but from the sounds of it the writer has mostly stopped releasing light novels right now because he has been working closely with the anime company to make this (and wants all the future stuff eventually animated as well)

given the next 3 arcs are already written and posted online after this wraps up he can likely go back and focus on the writing and get the next few arcs out in the next 1-2 years, but yeah it's gonna be at least that long before we get more re:zero anime.

our best hope until then is that the psycho pass game sells well for NisA and they decide to license the Re:zero game to give us some more stuff in the universe :p

beyond that I've heard that there is a spin off series that covers subaru running away with Rem, so perhaps that can be animated :p

It's a shame that it'll be so long (if ever) before we see Re:Zero again. It really did feel like a 'right place, right time' kind of thing. I don't know if I'll be looking forward to another season in four years of that happens.

Just like Attack on Titan!

In the West at least

Ace Attorney 6 Case 1

A bit of a meh intro to be honest. It drags a bit, and because it needs to set up some basic story elements relating to the overall plot, the case itself feels a bit empty. It doesn't help that the
culprit swung into his murderous persona way too soon.

That said, in terms of visuals, it's a beautiful game. The characters look fantastic.

zulux21

I think that's just one or two separate oneshot chapters or something, not a full-on series. It might work as an OVA though.

I haven't personally looked into it due to fears of spoilers for the end of the series. thus I figured I would look into after next weeks episode.

but yeah, that would make sense. doesn't mean that they couldn't do something with it, I mean they already covered that route pretty well in this anime so they could just fully animate it for a season :p

I am fully expecting Rem to be dead and gone for good by the end of next episode, so i am sure fans of hers would enjoy a happish anime with her...

I mean heck, it could end similar to futurama and at the end when subaru dies and resets to before the moment they run away, he could decide to do it all over again linking back to the beginning of the series :p

How despairful would it be if the ending for the series was that he manages to destroy the witch, and once that happens the curse "breaks" making him start all anew from the very beginning, where the witch is alive again.

Thud

Danganronpa 3 - Future 10

Yu Narukami finally obtains his persona. Meanwhile
Izuru loves to ride boats

Mob Pyscho 110

How Teru's wig didn't catch fire in all that lol.

Episode had some nice variety between the battles. Sasuga Mob.

Ascheroth

Never change, Gintama.

Mob Psycho 100

That fire scene was god damn fantastic. And pretty much everything else.
That post-credit scene though.

Thud

Dragon Ball Super 58

This series makes no senzu. :p

Loved the scene where Beerus stole Kaioshin's dessert.

The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. 40-50

Nendou's mother...

Sai was awesome.

Dat crappy game.

8/10 Would watch again.

zulux21

Next Season doesn't look to impres... wait...so many Magical Girl anime!
Nevermind.

next season has a handful of shows that could be good and if they are good it will be a good season.

beyond that a lot of the shows just look like cookie cutter shows that at best will not be horrible to watch, but don't have much potential in general.

luckily it doesn't matter to much to me if the fall season is any good since that is when the american season starts as well.

I hope Yuri on Ice doesn't follow the comedic stylings of many shows with two male leads.

As in, lead one gets angry with lead 2 over nothing, lead 2 either "comically" apologizes or even worse, gets "comically" angry too.

That can turn me off a show so fast.

Sterok

Aikatsu Stars 22

First, I have to say watching Aikatsu after Full Moon is unnerving. Yume's throat is acting up for different reasons than Mitsuki's, but the comparisons are there. Not to mention Laura being determined to never lose to Yume. It's not as serious or dreary as Madoka's rivalry, but it brings up darker possibilities.

So Principal Evil's plan to help Yume not get killed by her own power is to have Hime bury her on the same day? That might crush Yume's CD sales, but it's not like Yume is going to stop trying her best over that. And Hime knows both about Moroboshi sabotaging Yume and that Yume has a dangerous power, yet she's doing nothing about it. Not a good senpai that one. Though it does make me wonder who else in S4 knows about it. Yuzu probably knows something given her connection with an upcoming character, but are Yozora and Tsubasa in the dark? I do wish S4 would have a serious scene among each other. All they've had so far is boring fluff. Yume's overall confidence is rising, but not enough to think she's going to beat Hime anytime soon. Probably for the best.

Finally, 200 episodes of Aikatsu. Impressive how far this franchise has gotten. Hopefully it doesn't stop anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom