• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

yeah, there is a small chance that the ending will be anime only, but from the sounds of it the writer has mostly stopped releasing light novels right now because he has been working closely with the anime company to make this (and wants all the future stuff eventually animated as well)

given the next 3 arcs are already written and posted online after this wraps up he can likely go back and focus on the writing and get the next few arcs out in the next 1-2 years, but yeah it's gonna be at least that long before we get more re:zero anime.

Ah, a collaboration of sorts, I see. Well, if the next 3 arcs are done, then technically they should have enough material for another season next year, hopefully?

jgminto

sweetness & lightning 11
Psx3bJ3.jpg
WmONg3w.jpg
Too cute.

SuperSah

Banned
TTGL Ep 25

Sorry buddy :(

This is genuinely ending in a very emotional way. I won't say much since one other guy here is watching alongside me but damn... this is phenomenal.

I even shed a couple of tears here.

zulux21

Ah, a collaboration of sorts, I see. Well, if the next 3 arcs are done, then technically they should have enough material for another season next year, hopefully?

that won't happen. the anime is based off the light novel not the web novel.

no doubt they will wait until the light novel versions of the arcs are done.

I think I heard arc 4 was decently long so we might just have to wait for that one to be adapted to light novels to get a 12-13 episode season 2.

Celcius

°Temp. member
NEW GAME! Episode 10

Another entertaining episode. The part where Nenechee tripped in slow motion made me lol. This is the first anime I've seen about work so I'm enjoying that aspect as well.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Humans are so scary. This is why I like anime.

Cornbread78

Taboo Tattoo ep.11
Well that was action from start to finish and there was no loli yuri shit, so that automatically ranks this as one of the best episodes in the series, but it is so far in the shitter that any ending next week will have to suffice..

SuperSah

Banned
TTGL - end

Well, it's over. And what an ending that was. Absolutely fantastic and it ended in a cliche, but rather appropriate way. The second arc really turned it up to 100 from Episode 22+ and boy oh boy was it a ride.

Thanks guys for recommending this. It's truly been an awesome adventure and one I wish to re-live sometime in the near future. I think it's time to watch something happy :)

Fantastic.

Sölf

TTGL - end

Well, it's over. And what an ending that was. Absolutely fantastic and it ended in a cliche, but rather appropriate way. The second arc really turned it up to 100 from Episode 22+ and boy oh boy was it a ride.

Thanks guys for recommending this. It's truly been an awesome adventure and one I wish to re-live sometime in the near future. I think it's time to watch something happy :)

Fantastic.

Good. Go watch the movies then. They are basically the anime but condensed, with much stuff cut, but new final fights which are even BETTER than what the anime offers (or if you only want to watch that, watch like the last 30-40 minutes of each movie).

Cornbread78

New Game ep.11
More of the same fun this week. It was fun watching them see their own games trailer at a TGS event, with Hifumi in the background in full cosplay and breakinh records for the game she is helping to make in disguise, lol. Oh, and we better get a ship of these managers finally, lol.

Line_HTX

TTGL - end

Fantastic.

No problem. It's always a fun show after 9 years.

SuperSah

Banned
Sölf;216718083 said:
Good. Go watch the movies then. They are basically the anime but condensed, with much stuff cut, but new final fights which are even BETTER than what the anime offers (or if you only want to watch that, watch like the last 30-40 minutes of each movie).

There's movies?! Great, something to watch when I move into my new place on Friday then! :)

After that, I wish to watch a 'slice of life' anime - something more upbeat and light-hearted.

Cornbread78

Endride ep.21
So Shun's dad is the source of all evil being thevreason
Endera is losing all it's energy abd will die soon.
Looks like Shin and Emilio have w new job of stopping his evil deeds and saving Endera now.

SuperSah

Banned
Okay, so moving on to my next adventure. Can AnimeGAF recommend me a good slice-of-life anime? Also, maybe another 'must see' anime, be it action or not. For reference, I greatly LOVED KlK and TTGL and if there's anything in the vein of that then I'm down. I'm more leaning to a good slice-of-life though.

Thanks in advance!

cj_iwakura

Okay, so moving on to my next adventure. Can AnimeGAF recommend me a good slice-of-life anime? Also, maybe another 'must see' anime, be it action or not. For reference, I greatly LOVED KlK and TTGL and if there's anything in the vein of that then I'm down. I'm more leaning to a good slice-of-life though.

Thanks in advance!

Toradora's a chart topper.

Mob Psycho 100 9

There was an overabundance of clunky exposition this episode, and with the psychological themes of earlier episodes minimized the rest of the content wasn't especially interesting either. Still, lots of great visuals as always. Miyo Sato always comes through with the paint on glass.

Thanks in advance!

If you're looking for something upbeat, I would recommend And Yet the Town Moves (Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru) as a very strong comedy show.

TTGL - end

Fantastic.

No no, thank YOU for watching this.

If there's one thing TTGL did that Kill la Kill never accomplished (for me, anyway), it's that it managed to have this emotional punch, and have a broader positive message about humanity as a whole.

There's movies?! Great, something to watch when I move into my new place on Friday then! :)

After that, I wish to watch a 'slice of life' anime - something more upbeat and light-hearted.

DEFINITELY check out the movies. The updates that they make to the show in terms of animation are astounding. The final battle in the second movie is phenomenal.

Thanks in advance!

Well, for 'must see', I'd recommend:

Madoka Magica
Majin Bone
Mobile Fighter G Gundam
Gundam Build Fighters
Code Geass

To name a few. For Slice of Life: You may like:

Non Non Biyori
K-ON!
Hyouka

Cornbread78

Thanks in advance!

Have you watched Full Metal Alchemist?

Barakamon and Working!! are great SoL series.

Soredemo ep.8
tumblr_namtcpYiXk1rj5jxwo4_500.gif

Damn, that was funny shit. The "4 Maids" bringing chaos to the world... excellent song ladies, old woman panty traumatization and instant udon machines... This stuff was funny and fun!

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Thanks in advance!
Barakamon, Love Live, The Skull Man.

Danganronpa 3 Future Arc - 10

They went all out with the DR OST tracks on this one. They played DR1 tracks back to back, which I appreciate. No idea where the plot goes from here though.

Thanks in advance!

For slice-of-life I'd recommend Silver Spoon, it's great.

Line_HTX

Thanks in advance!

Go with Flying Witch and Sound Euphonium for your slice of life. No BS nonsense.

Mob Psycho 100 - 10

For once we see Dimple actually kick some ass and it was cool as heck
even if it only lasted a quick minute
. Also did they just throw the craziest curveball at us at the end? There's no way lol.

Cornbread78

Food Wars 2nd Plate 11
See, Xia? Miss Erina is not as completely terrible as you think.

Uh-ha, keep puffing on that pipe bruh.

I just hate how obvious they are in shipping Erina and Soma. We may never see that much animated, but it's blatantly obvious they push that ship to sea later on.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Uh-ha, keep puffing on that pipe bruh.

I just hate how obvious they are in shipping Erins and Soma. We may never see that much animated, but it's blatantly obvious they push that ship to sea later on.

The ship was christened at the end of chapter 1/episode 1.

It's been at sea ever since then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom