• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Wolf's Rain ep.11
hqdefault.jpg
This is some grade A bullshit. Daria not only has the ex-wide, but now
Cheza
as well. Of course, he just blasts the shit outta the boys as well with those homing lazers... such OP bullshit..

Mob Psycho 100 10

Hmm. I don't believe you.

That aside, this episode kind of felt like the Phantom Troupe from Hunter X Hunter on fast-forward. Mob's 100% scene towards the end was the clear highlight.

zulux21

Erina will forever be the worst girl on that show. Don't be mad.

indeed. the funny part.

minor expected manga spoilers
even in her redemption arc it doesn't make me like her any better. in fact they go from bitchy annoying to a far different version of super annoying trope character. :/

Xia, imma let you finish but Erina is the best waifu of all damn time!
(In shokugeki)

she isn't even the best tsundare wifu choice in the series :/

Sterok

Full Moon wo Sagashite 30

The whole handling of Eichi has been odd. I think in a good way. He's not so much a character, rather an ideal or memory. He definitely existed, and there's been a glimpse or two of him in the present, so there's not going to be some stupid twist in that direction. But his attention is Mitsuki's ultimate goal, and he had a huge influence on her in the past. And of course he pops up all the time in flashbacks. At this point he's obviously endgame material. I do wonder if for Mitsuki's sake it would be better for him to remain an ideal. Probably not, but it's one of those elements I can easily go wrong when the show is coming to a close.

Kenstar

Erina is shit and if she had her personality with a non ZR Blonde 10/10 body no one would give a shit about her

The bitch liked Souma's food and STILL pulled some backhanded shit to get him blocked from enrolling

zulux21

No way, she is Perfection Incarnate and she acknowledged Megumi. That counts as something, y'know?

the only way she is perfection is if you are doing a class on how not to design a character's personality. As she is basically perfection on how to make a horrible character.

she is nothing but a cliche surrounded with other cliches that actually have some actual depth to them and are millions upon millions of times more interesting than her.

I really don't figure soma will end up with anyone (romance really isn't his thing) but I would take him ending up with pretty much anyone over her. I don't think there is a worse female than her. There is at least a single worse male though :p

Line_HTX

Macross Delta Mini Theater 02

Pi8fd7Z.png

Freyja and Kaname getting Mirage to try on the Walkure outfit, and Reina got the photos of Mirage's W pose, lol

Defuser

So the RE: Zero anime has overtaken the LNs? I guess we won't get anymore RE: Zero anime for a long time.
Also, Felis can nibble on my ear anytime.

It may have overtaken the LN but the webs novels still have a shitload of content for another season like 3 more arcs. It's just a matter whether the author is able to convert his webnovels into a LN format within a reasonable time period for it to be adapted. I'll give it 2 years like any other sequel anime show would do.

Battery 9

I really liked the subtle way this episode depicted Gou and Takumi's reconciliation and the passage of time through fall, winter, into spring. Lovely understated direction.

Okay fine maybe I'll give it a shot.

I should say I don't think this Claw arc in Mob Psycho is as interesting as the Yorkshin arc in HxH. It just struck me how the Claw upper echelon are a gallery of eccentric villains with unique powers similar to the Phantom Troupe, only the confrontations with most of them are either abbreviated or simply skipped through in a single episode.

Deadly

Macross Delta 24
This last trek is so booooring. Next episode seems to be about them sorting out some more emotions goddamnit. We all know Mikumo is going to play bad girl but then will sing some song to turn the tide...

Ascheroth

Macross Delta 24
This last trek is so booooring. Next episode seems to be about them sorting out some more emotions goddamnit. We all know Mikumo is going to play bad girl but then will sing some song to turn the tide...

I haven't watched the new episode yet, but I feel like Deltas second half has been way worse than its first overall. It still had some really great moments but those are getting overshadowed by boring-ass exposition and drama overload.

Started Shokugeki no Soma, I've watched 12 episodes.
I like the cooking theme, but I feel that the protagonist isn't growing/learning at all. First, it's a school, but for now they didn't teach anything, only tests. Second, as I said, the main character finish all the challenges without problems everytime, he doesn't learn anything, it's all stuff he already knows. I don't know, it feels like there's nothing at stake, unlike Haikyuu for example

I haven't watched the new episode yet, but I feel like Deltas second half has been way worse than its first overall. It still had some really great moments but those are getting overshadowed by boring-ass exposition and drama overload.

People's impressions of it were what kind put a stop on me catching up. I stopped on episode 12.

People's impressions of it were what kind put a stop on me catching up. I stopped on episode 12.

I mean, if you were enjoying it that much you might as well continue and judge for yourself, I know others who are ahead as well who are perfectly fine with the second half.

But hey, if this means you'll get back to TTGL soon, then by all means I'm not complaining. :p

I like the cooking theme, but I feel that the protagonist isn't growing/learning at all. First, it's a school, but for now they didn't teach anything, only tests. Second, as I said, the main character finish all the challenges without problems everytime, he doesn't learn anything, it's all stuff he already knows. I don't know, it feels like there's nothing at stake, unlike Haikyuu for example

Well the show is clearly far over the top with how just about every slightly important person is already kinda a master chef of sorts. So with this power creep in place there's little believable growth to be made. The characters, while good enough for what the show is, have hardly much depth and if you want a character study, this won't be that.

If you aren't enjoying the food, cooking and battle shounen-ish nature surrounding all that enough by I don't think you'll like it much more further ahead.

I mean, if you were enjoying it that much you might as well continue and judge for yourself, I know others who are ahead as well who are perfectly fine with the second half.

But hey, if this means you'll get back to TTGL soon, then by all means I'm not complaining. :p

Well at that point I'd say definitely watch at least 13, because that episode was hype.

Cold Steel 2 is the superior
mecha
anime atm to be honest. So I'm probably not gonna get around to either show, sorry guys :p

No instruction happens at this "school". It's only there to provide some familiar trappings of a school setting and be a useful organizer of shounen battles. And you hit on a fundamental weakness of the series - Soma isn't a very interesting main character, and he doesn't undergo any real growth or change as a chef, let alone as a person. It's certainly not as well constructed as Haikyuu.

I'm still playing Cold Steel 1. :(
That game took me 69hrs to beat. I didn't do any side quests, and I didn't screw around so that I could play CS2 on launch. Game has sooo much content and so much story, I loved it. CS2 however has a much better pacing and that could just be simply because CSII picks up directly after the first game, at the climax of the story. It's easier to think of the two games as one very long game that was split into two.

I'd go as far as saying this series is up there for me with Persona 3/4 as one of the greatest JRPGs of this current millennium. Maybe better, maybe worse in some regards, but up there. I thought I'd be too burnt out to go straight into CSII without a single major break, but nope. 69hrs + 12hrs so far, and not stopping any time soon.

Line_HTX

Ehh, there were a couple of eps where I didn't like it, but otherwise it was hardly boring. I think it still has the Macross feel and didn't want the exposition to be kept at bay any longer to be honest. Granted, this is just me that's happy that the focus is not on Freyja anymore, so...

Regardless, I still want many others to continue with Delta because it's still fun for the most part. I mean, even Frontier had drama but it didn't drag that show down.

Sounds like FC+SC. :p

Falcom sure has that formula down!

That and there are so many little details that I found impressive for something that doesn't seem as high budget as a, let's Witcher. For instance how you can select party members for exploration, and how the dialog changes according to the ones that are present. Not only is it done brilliantly amongst the main characters, but even with NPCs, which will REMEMBER characters that were present in the past and react accordingly. One step deeper is when an NPC recognizes a character, and there is ANOTHER character that was present as well and is able to chime in. It's fucking brilliant, and the writing doesn't feel disjointed one bit, making for what I believe was a coding nightmare of 'if conditions' that are triggered based on past, present and future events amongst the party and the world.

Taruranto

adLOZCi.jpg

"SAO is just a fad" they said. "Jesus Yamato will come back" they said.

One other hand I'm surprised Ikoma still here. I thought everyone wanted to forget about Kabaneri after Pink Sephiroth's arc.

That and there are so many little details that I found impressive for something that doesn't seem as high budget as a, let's Witcher. For instance how you can select party members for exploration, and how the dialog changes according to the ones that are present. Not only is it done brilliantly amongst the main characters, but even with NPCs, which will REMEMBER characters that were present in the past and react accordingly. One step deeper is when an NPC recognizes a character, and there is ANOTHER character that was present as well and is able to chime in. It's fucking brilliant, and the writing doesn't feel disjointed one bit, making for what I believe was a coding nightmare of 'if conditions' that are triggered based on past, present and future events amongst the party and the world.

You finished the game already?

Taruranto

Erina is shit and if she had her personality with a non ZR Blonde 10/10 body no one would give a shit about her

The bitch liked Souma's food and STILL pulled some backhanded shit to get him blocked from enrolling

But Alisa from CS is literally Erina design with but with a softer, much nicer personality and she is unmistakeably the worst girl in the game. (Baring stuff like neptunia, but that doesn't count)

I bet people who don't like Erina are the ones that romanced Aerie and Triss over Viconia and Yennefer. Prove me wrong!

Taboo Tattoo 11

To me the Princess practically told the MC "Why did you get rid of your plot armor to try and kill me? That's HOW you can kill me!" Funny how the fact he wants to kill her so bad is the reason why he cannot beat her which wasn't BB's way of beating people thus making the MC weaker.

Deadly

There was maybe 4 great moments? I know there's 2 episodes left but I'd probably rate the show a 6/10. Passable but not exactly worth watching over other shows.

Line_HTX

adLOZCi.jpg

On the other hand I'm surprised Ikoma still here. I thought everyone wanted to forget about Kabaneri after Pink Sephiroth's arc.

I like how both characters of Your Name are in the Top 5. The girl must be something if she is overtaking Hanekawa.

There was maybe 4 great moments? I know there's 2 episodes left but I'd probably rate the show a 6/10. Passable but not exactly worth watching over other shows.

Mkay, what would be better to watch over Delta from this season then?

Cold Steel 2 is the superior
mecha
anime atm to be honest. So I'm probably not gonna get around to either show, sorry guys :p

I wouldn't go that far to say it's better than TTGL, but it's still fantastic regardless. :p

Hahahahaha at Rem being #1.

Just you wait, when the SEED movie is finally announced!!!!!!

They don't even need to do that. They could announce a SEED pachinko machine and Kira and Lacus will probably shoot to the top once again.

Mob Psycho 100 - 1

So it's One Punch Man meets Youkai Watch. Sure, okay.

Szadek

adLOZCi.jpg

One other hand I'm surprised Ikoma still here. I thought everyone wanted to forget about Kabaneri after Pink Sephiroth's arc.
Thier male character rankings are always awful,so nothing new here.
At least the femlae rankings are decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom