• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurr

Arakawa Under the Bridge 08-09

Every new character introduced has much to convey and impressive personality built into them. I can't really think of anyone who hasn't made me laugh so far.

08 introduced Ichinomiya's secretary who had dedicated his entire life in his sevice - in a hilarious spin, his obsession towards Ko reached a height where he had hoped to be in a relationship with him which he later specified to be a father-son relation. As devasted as he was when he found out he was dating Nino, his attempt at separating it backfired hilariously both for him and Hoshi as Nino and Ko finally kiss in front of them.

Speaking of Hoshi - I still hum to that silly little song: Hiimo hiimo hiimo hiimooo - HOW IS THIS SO CATCHY

I just watched 09 and I swear I was just kidding when I compared Stella with Biscuit Krueger. This episode was so funny, it is late in the night, everyone's sleeping and I shouldn't be laughing so hard I had to restrain myself at times.

Exalted

Usagi Drop 1-5

Great show , have been enjoying it so far. All the characters are nice, ( if you ignore the mom) and it really help that Rin is such a well behaved child, and not bratty. The show Is a bit slow at times, but i don't mind , since i was looking for something relaxing.
kJZfEPt.jpg

Also i've been looking into watching Spice and Wolf. Which is better, the DUB or the SUB version ?

SOLDIER

she appears to have 1 arm which she
lost in a fight with mami

Think that's just a perspective thing.

and if she is missing an arm, it'll come from a sword attack. This form screams "Sayaka battle", as it even somewhat resembles the sillouette Witch she fought way back

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Usagi Drop 1-5

Great show , have been enjoying it so far. All the characters are nice, ( if you ignore the mom) and it really help that Rin is such a well behaved child, and not bratty. The show Is a bit slow at times, but i don't mind , since i was looking for something relaxing.

Also i've been looking into watching Spice and Wolf. Which is better, the DUB or the SUB version ?
Whenever you have to compare, its sub. Now the Hard part is actually just deciding which OP is better, S1 or S2.
Its 2 because they dont make ops like that any more. Its sad.

TUSR

Banned
Think that's just a perspective thing.

and if she is missing an arm, it'll come from a sword attack. This form screams "Sayaka battle", as it even somewhat resembles the sillouette Witch she fought way back

i interpreted the dolls as being attached by ribbons if not from battling or going to battle mami. but i definitely dont see her getting her arm shot off if its not a perspective thing.

elyetis

Usagi Drop 1-5

Don't forget to read the manga once you finish the anime.

SuperSah

Banned
FMA:B Episode 12

It was nice to see behind the training of the brothers and the way they linked with their teacher due to breaking the taboo. Pretty neat.

Battery 11 END

With how this handled its ending, it's impossible to not have flashbacks to the way Ping Pong handled the final match in its last episode. Beautiful episode overall.

Baalzebup

Whenever you have to compare, its sub. Now the Hard part is actually just deciding which OP is better, S1 or S2.
Its 2 because they dont make ops like that any more. Its sad.

The strange thing with S&W OPs is that while both are excellent, I didn't remember the second one at all before I Youtube'd it again. The first one is definitely etched much more firmly in my memory.

And boy how I wish to see the rest of it animated. I just finished reading the last 3 books about 1½ months ago.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
The strange thing with S&W OPs is that while both are excellent, I didn't remember the second one at all before I Youtube'd it again. The first one is definitely etched much more firmly in my memory.

And boy how I wish to see the rest of it animated. I just finished reading the last 3 books about 1½ months ago.
I share your pain. Just a few more days for the collection.
Yeah i didnt catch on with Spice'n'wolf until S2. Got way more interesting.

Baalzebup

This is getting into school days level of troll recs
Dude is packing a Voldemort avatar. Clearly he is just being in-character.
I share your pain. Just a few more days for the collection.
Yeah i didnt catch on with Spice'n'wolf until S2. Got way more interesting.
I remember you've been interested in the novels for a good while now, but not whether you had already read some of it. Re-buying for the sexy collection edition or going in first time? I'm still debating on getting the collection as well, just for that gorgeous all-in-one hardcover.

Eumi

This is getting into school days level of troll recs
I legit think the Usagi Drop manga is worth a read to be honest.

I mean, it's not good. In fact it's terrible. But it's a journey none the less. It still manages to invoke strong emotions, like "Buh?" and "Huwah?".

There's value to be found in watching something go so off the rails like that.

Cornbread78

Ladies vs, Butler's ep.1
mbjgkk8.jpg

LOL, that was a fun opening episode, but I already spot the "loli" character and I'm already agitated. Hopefully, she doesn't appear in much of the fray because I can already tell the rest of the cast has potential to be fun! We'll see, this has to be a better "break" anime than Sola..

I legit think the Usagi Drop manga is worth a read to be honest.

I mean, it's not good. In fact it's terrible. But it's a journey none the less. It still manages to invoke strong emotions, like "Buh?" and "Huwah?".

There's value to be found in watching something go so off the rails like that.

Even if you think it's a legitimate recommendation in that sense, you should clearly state up front what you think of it instead of trying to trick people into reading it unawares in hopes you can witness their horrified reaction.

Eumi

Even if you think it's a legitimate recommendation in that sense, you should clearly state up front what you think of it instead of trying to trick people into reading it unawares in hopes you can witness their horrified reaction.
Was I not up front enough? Alright.

It's terrible. Do it.

So am I getting this right? There is no episodes 11 and 12 for DR3 Despair and Future respectively, instead there is a special next week? Or are the two episodes still airing, plus the special?

So I have been going trough Fafner and it has certainly got better the deeper I have gone to the series but...

Fafner Exodus - 17:
New%20Picture_zpscenqpkoc.png

fuck this episode. =(

Taruranto

Fuck Idols #12

Deep.

Overall eh, it was enjoyable but not as good as S1. I don't think the main plot was woven together well as S1, and the Binan brothers "redemption" doesn't feel earned as the Student Council.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Dude is packing a Voldemort avatar. Clearly he is just being in-character.

I remember you've been interested in the novels for a good while now, but not whether you had already read some of it. Re-buying for the sexy collection edition or going in first time? I'm still debating on getting the collection as well, just for that gorgeous all-in-one hardcover.
The sleazy collection. It will look good on my wall right next to my LoL poster and unoffficial Raiden Wallscroll.
So much money tho.
Ive never read the novels tho.

Ascheroth

Thunderbolt Fantasy #11

Fucking fantastic.
The characters and dialog in this are way too good. And those fights were amazing. As well as that Demon God in the history lesson. Damn.
And the hinting at the mysteries surrounding Shang continues, and yeah I'm already intrigued enough, so out with already! Thankfully, it looks like next episode will bring some answers.

Gvitor

Golden Time's second OP might be the worst OP song I ever heard. Jesus Christ, what an awful song, with awful mixing. So loud, noisy, the instrumental (if you can call it that) is way louder than the lyrics, it's just annoying. I rarely skip over OPs, but I'm skipping this one constantly.

Danganronpa 3: Despair Arc 11
Did Kodaka replay MGS2 before writing this episode? Otherwise this was just a shitty wrap up that was way too on the nose.
Like those scenes of Junko marveling at how hard Naegi was to predict and wondering if he would ruin all her plans....

Line_HTX

Yes, that is listed as 2 more as well. Then, some new shows start kicking in on Sat.

Wow, for once in a long while we have a 13 episode or a 26 episode season. I can't remember the last time an anime ended at those numbers.

Kiritobread, are you free later tonight for the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom