• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knight's & Magic Light Novel Series Gets TV Anime

In the story, a Japanese mecha otaku dies in a car accident and his soul is reincarnated into another world as Ernesti Echevarria. Eru inherits memories and interests from his previous life, and aims to be a pilot of a Silhouette Knight, a large humanoid weapon that really exists in his world.

This show sounds good. I mean, the MC loves giant robots. What could possibly be bad about this?

Jarmel

Banned
Funnily enough, the other day I was thinking about how the decline of mecha happened roughly around the same time that LN adaptations took off and so was thinking why haven't there been more mecha LN stuff. The only prominent one I knew of was FMP so I guess I know two now.

duckroll

"In the story, a Japanese mecha otaku dies in a car accident and his soul is reincarnated into another world as Ernesti Echevarria. Eru inherits memories and interests from his previous life, and aims to be a pilot of a Silhouette Knight, a large humanoid weapon that really exists in his world."

Can't get more LN than that.

Cross ange could happen but with a guy.

More like the MC will rant about how much he hates Cross Ange all the time!

It's a self-insert fantasy targeted at you.

I'll hate a show for pandering, but I certainly won't hate a show for pandering specifically to me!

The mechs will be CGI and the MC will despair inside the show that they're not 2D.

As long as it's done by Orange it's cool.

you sweet summer child

It's like a dream.

- Knights
- Magic
- Light Novel series
- Japanese mecha otaku

As if Cold Steel 2 wasn't enough of a gift to me.

In all seriousness, I am actually kinda interested in how the show will portray a "mecha otaku".

We constantly see regular otaku characters in anime like Re:Zero's Subaru, but how often have we seen a otaku specifically for mecha outside of Gundam Build Fighters?

I was just being a little shithead. It could be cool, who knows. As long as it doesn't fall down the usual traps or conventions, it could be an interesting watch.

Line_HTX

"In the story, a Japanese mecha otaku dies in a car accident and his soul is reincarnated into another world as Ernesti Echevarria. Eru inherits memories and interests from his previous life, and aims to be a pilot of a Silhouette Knight, a large humanoid weapon that really exists in his world."

Inherits memories and interests, how the fuck...

Wrong. Where are the 3-5 girls that want to dick ride him?

EDIT: Oh wait he's put into the body of a shota? So I guess that means the girls will be after him even harder.

phaze

If the leaked images from the concept trailer are any indication....

allofmywant9sso6.gif

----

Don't think I've seen new Yuri pv posted.

Aaaaalright then. Already sounds promising...

After looking in, I was actually intrigued for the prospect of a female protag being the pilot even if she had inherited some dude's otakuness. Of course that on the cover had to be a guy. Goddamn it, LNs strike again.

Aaaaalright then. Already sounds promising...

After looking in, I was actually intrigued for the prospect of a female protag being the pilot even if she had inherited some dude's otakuness. Of course that on the cover had to be a guy. Goddamn it, LNs strike again.

Judge him not for his looks, but for his spirit.

Jarmel

Banned
wow that Yuri song

just wow

The composition in the first half of the song sounds kinda neat but then the Euroshit starts and just lol.

Echevarria? He has to be the first Basque mecha pilot, that counts for something!

/cue Basque jokes (the stereotype are the typical country very manly brutes)

SOLDIER

allofmywant9sso6.gif

----

Don't think I've seen new Yuri pv posted.

The image in question (possible spoilers): http://i.imgur.com/I9feg5g.jpg

the implication seems to be that Homura's got Sayaka literally and metaphorically sealed. Typically, I expect her to break free at some point in the story, and in my head I'm imagining a Berserker Armor situation where she struggles to keep control as she faces Homura in the climax (with their best friend Madoka watching from afar). The scenario screams Urobutcher, and I'm frothing with anticipation.

So I found out that there's a manga adaptation of Knight's and Magic, and I quickly skimmed through the first three chapters.

It's...actually not a harem. At all. The MC quickly makes friends with another dude and girl and his goal is that he really wants to make his own giant robot and pilot it. That's it. This guy's massive passion for mecha is exactly as advertised.

Like, it's only the first three chapters but it's actually kind of lighthearted. I like it, and not ironically.

The final episode of Danganronpa 3 is confirmed to be "Hope Arc" now. Its just one episode taking the spot Despair's last episode would have a week from now. Its apparently the epilogue of the entire series. I assume this is where the two stories will converge to the same time frame.

Now DR3 will probably end better then ZTD. RIP.

So I found out that there's a manga adaptation of Knight's and Magic, and I quickly skimmed through the first three chapters.

It's...actually not a harem. At all. The MC quickly makes friends with another dude and girl and his goal is that he really wants to make his own giant robot and pilot it. That's it. This guy's massive passion for mecha is exactly as advertised.

Like, it's only the first three chapters but it's actually kind of lighthearted. I like it, and not ironically.
That's how they lure you in. The source and character design choice doesn't fool me though!

:p

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This is an improvement actually. Instead of the S2 where the MC crossdresses and pretend to be a girl, they can crossdress and pretend to be a girl from S1.

Trails in the Sky SC

Was really good, really good follow-up to all the setting up that FC did.
Fuck Loewe though.
Time to move on to either SMT4:A or Cold Steel.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
More like the MC will rant about how much he hates Cross Ange all the time!

I'll hate a show for pandering, but I certainly won't hate a show for pandering specifically to me!

As long as it's done by Orange it's cool.

It's like a dream.

As if Cold Steel 2 wasn't enough of a gift to me.

Nintendoman58
pZEL21t.jpg

Like Char.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom