• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Battery 11 - End

Well, that was a fucking inconclusive ending, if I ever saw one.

Maybe they just didn't want to beat you over the head with it. Could they just be recharging before another season? Does the ending suggest they're lining up all their big guns for more?

Clov

The listing also includes an English dub though (I don't think this would be on the JP release?), but I suppose it could all be done over there.

I would be very surprised if Sentai had the authoring for this set done over in Japan. It would be a welcome change going forward, but I can't picture one of the cheapest anime licensers (second to only Media Blasters, perhaps) going for that.

Toradora! 15-25

Oreimo was better.

Both suck.

tumblr_static_bsqka7tr1d4o08koswgcgc04o.gif

One day, the President of the United States will put out a statement saying that anime needs to be included and preserved in the Library of Congress so that future generations will be able to experience and enjoy it. That anime will be Oreimo.

One day, the President of the United States will put out a statement saying that anime needs to be included and preserved in the Library of Congress so that future generations will be able to experience and enjoy it. That anime will be Oreimo.
Only a masterpiece like Hyouka would be needed in there.

I will be the first one in line for tickets cosplaying as Kuroneko.

phaze

Battery 11 END

With how this handled its ending, it's impossible to not have flashbacks to the way Ping Pong handled the final match in its last episode. Beautiful episode overall.

Battery 11 - End

Well, that was a fucking inconclusive ending, if I ever saw one.

Getting a somewhat divergent notion of show's quality from these posts. Worth watching y/n ?

Planetes 05

A cell phone soaring through the limitless expanse of the universe. Really makes you think.

I've to say, both of the main characters in this can get on my nerves at times.

JulianImp

Madogatari - Tokyo Encore
Lots of raw frames (including notes to the people who add color to them), some storyboards, character reference sheets, and a little video with magical monogatari girls. Oh, and lots of cool random merchandise which I didn't get because I'm poor as hell right now (except for a Tokyo Encore pin and a pass card holder). Ended up asking MikeHattsu for his second bag after we realized I couldn't go back to get one for myself after having already left the store area, and the postcard was even nicer than the one I got for watching Kizu 2.

I'd really recommend the exposition to anyone with even a mild interest in animation and at least some knowledge of Monogatari and/or Madoka. It also reminded me I should try watching the other Shaft shows I haven't gotten around to watching yet.

Also, I'd say I agree with that Kizu 1 review in that I enjoyed its graphical style a lot more than what we've been getting since Nise. Both styles are good, and of course the latter retains some mannerisms and sensibilities Bake had, but seeing the Bake style again in Kizu was something I didn't know I wanted, but now I'm glad it happened.

Chase17

Pokémon Generations 3
Turns something that should be interesting to watch (blue's run through the E5), into something that is just meh.

Getting a somewhat divergent notion of show's quality from these posts. Worth watching y/n ?

Battery has my seal of approval. I can certainly understand why some people don't like it, especially if they approach from the perspective of a sport anime fan, but I really appreciate what Mochizuki did with the series. Some really great stuff.

Pokemon Generations - 3

Uggggggh.

This could have been so much better if it was longer! That first person Alakazam psychic attack was so cool! More of that stuff in a longer episode format please!

Exalted

Thunderbolt Fantasy 12

Exciting episode , eager to see where they will go with this new demon war plot. Shang was really bad ass in this episode, was nice to see a hint of his true power.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Thunderbolt Fantasy 12

Exciting episode , eager to see where they will go with this new demon war plot. Shang was really bad ass in this episode, was nice to see a hint of his true power.

I think it begins and ends with the ultimate battle of ultimate destiny.

Kishibe Rohan Punches a Grade Schooler in the Fucking Face 26

hNLD81N.jpg

He did it the absolute madman

Beyond that this arcs not that great, but you do get to see Rohan being a total dickhead and it had a few cool tricks like the blurring of the hands and some good framing and shots.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond Is Unbreakable Episode 26:

Yea, I am just going to call Janken Boy a complete brainfart of an idea for a character and move on with life.

Cornbread78

Ladies vs. Butlers ep.3
Qg5wOUI.jpg

a whole episode dedicated to the loli... seriously, fu(k this show and this loli crap.... 19 years old and she looks and acts under 10? Why Japan, why? Why can't it just be ecchi fun without this crap..

phaze

Battery has my seal of approval. I can certainly understand why some people don't like it, especially if they approach from the perspective of a sport anime fan, but I really appreciate what Mochizuki did with the series. Some really great stuff.

The only way I imagine a basketball anime to be any good is for it to not have any actual baseball in it so maybe I stand a chance.

Thunderbolt Fantasy 12
I want to have Shang-sama's babies.

Really fun ep, filled to brim with exciting stuff: Shang in his finally unbridled badassery, demon lady's turnheel, one eye's fate or Vape's guy realization of just what he can steal from something 10 guy. Urobuchi da gawd, this might just be my AOTS.

Pokémon Generations 3

I gotta say, even as a huge fan of Pokemon, it's hard to get hype for these things because they're so short.

It's kinda neat to see Pokemon animated in a more serious style, but I don't feel like they're doing much with it.

Qurupeke

Digimon Adventure tri 9-10
vp3Mh8m.png

When your Digimon is actually the Satan.
Holy shit, Agumon is infected too. I hope this means we're getting SkullGreymon!
I have a feeling this will get emotional soon...

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Alderamin Episode 12:

I really do love how this show presents the rapid change of technology and how it can profoundly effect the course of a battle or even a war and woe be to those who wish to stick to the past on silly religious grounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom